Names for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's 3rd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right Marengo, I haven't thought about Prince Bernhard's daughter. That may make Alicia a very unlikely choice, which is a pity, because I like it a lot.

princess olga said:
love Katelijn! But little hope on that one..

Ah shucks...but none-the-less I shall cling to the tiny little ray of hope that her name will be Princess Katelijn (or Princess Lijsbeth ;) )

Stefan said:
And Isabella Lily Juliana van Vollenhoven

Felica Juliana Bénedicte Barbara van Lippe-Bisterfeld van Vollenhoven

Ooooow.... how could I forget those two Van Vollenhovens...?

Their babies are always a bit out of my eyesight.

That makes 4 Julianas and 7 Bernhards. Overseeing the male dominance in the previous generation not so weird.

:flowers:

Marengo said:
Sigh...are you sharing your dreams with 'De Telegraaf' now Henri? ;)
-
The name Alicia would be to weird, considering that the other illegitemate daughter of the late Prince Bernhard goes by that name.

??? Not that I know of. My only favourite is Abertina-Agnes. I haven't seen it in De Telegraaf unless it was mentioned here.

Henri M. said:
Ooooow.... how could I forget those two Van Vollenhovens...?

Their babies are always a bit out of my eyesight.

That makes 4 Julianas and 7 Bernhards. Overseeing the male dominance in the previous generation not so weird.

:flowers:

Every daughter of bernhard and Juliana had one son who had Bernhard in its name. If all the 6 grandsons of Bernhard and Juliana who are father of a daughter had only one daughter who has Juliana in her names there would be more Julianas than Bernhards.

I hope they choose Claudia after Claus, or maybe Juliana or even Julia, if Juliana is too old-fashioned. Margarita would be cute as well.

I don't think they will go after the A-ia again, sorry.

Catharina Amalia and Alexia, hum, I will like for this one Princess Agnes Juliana or Princess Anna Marie.

I think one of the names will be Ines, like Maxima's sister.

i think the name (just as amalia's and alexia's) will have the name of the godmother in it as well (or family, from either side).

I don't understand why Alexandra is an option when it is basically the same name as Alexia???

what about Jueliet? I think frisan version is Jelle? or A name with Pascal she's kinda an Easter baby?:ermm: not super trendy names even Annlies is fine.
Wittykitty

MissSaga said:
I hope they choose Claudia after Claus, or maybe Juliana or even Julia, if Juliana is too old-fashioned. Margarita would be cute as well.

Juliana is too old-fashioned there in USA? Here in Brazil is a very common name and a lot of baby girls are named like that. I know a lot of young women or girls called Juliana. Well, every country has its preferences.

cristine said:
Juliana is too old-fashioned there in USA? Here in Brazil is a very common name and a lot of baby girls are named like that. I know a lot of young women or girls called Juliana. Well, every country has its preferences.

I don't think Miss Saga was saying the name was too old-fashioned in America. I think she was saying/asking if it was too old-fashioned for the Dutch.

I know there's also been some talk of the name Alexandra and I highly doubt they would do that. It's too similar too Alexia and also Alexia was named after W-A so if they did name the child Alexandra I would seriously question how self-absorbed W-A is. I mean to name 2 of your kids after you is just weird, IMO. Like boxer George Foreman he has 3 or 4 boys all named George. Weird! Although I have heard of people doing that I just would personally question if that person is self obsessed or not. I really hope that Maxima will use her name somewhere in the name because she deserves to. I'm anxious to see if this name has Latin flair to it.

Last edited:
A part of me thinks that they will go with something different. I think everyone's expecting another A name, and I think they're going to surprise us. But I think it will follow the pattern of the other girls.

Ancestor/family member, former monarch, maxima's family, godparent

So I think something along those lines is what we can expect from them. And if they decide to have Prince Floris be godfather, which I really hope they will, since the baby was born on his birthday, I hope they include the name Flora or Florence or Floria or whatever the feminine equivalent to Floris' name is. Or they could even acknowledge Floris as godfather by naming her Aimee for his wife, since it fits in with the A tradition. With this in mind, my final guess is going to have to be Arabella Wilhelmine Joanna Flora. Arabella because it's pretty, Wilhelmine for Willem as well as his great-grandmother (Amalia has Beatrix, Alexia, Juliana) Joanna for Maxima's brother Juan and Flora for Prince Floris, as a possible godfather.

morhange said:
And if they decide to have Prince Floris be godfather, which I really hope they will, since the baby was born on his birthday, I hope they include the name Flora or Florence or Floria or whatever the feminine equivalent to Floris' name is. Or they could even acknowledge Floris as godfather by naming her Aimee for his wife, since it fits in with the A tradition

I did some research (ie. Googling ;) ), looking for the feminine form of Floris and I was given "Florence" by this site: Behind the Name: View Name: Floris. I also found "Florianna" and "Florianne" as feminine forms of "Florian", which is apparently the English form of Floris
Some possibilities if Floris is chosen as a godfather perhaps?

Last edited:
Amelie said:
I don't understand why Alexandra is an option when it is basically the same name as Alexia???

Agree with you Amelie. But I dont think they will call the baby Alexandra.

I could imagine, that Mabel will be considered as Godmother this time or at least Friso.
If i remember they Godparents of either of the other girls, and Laurentien and Constantjin are.
But hopefully they are not calling the poor innocent baby Mabel

Actually a name fitting into the A sytem and having a special connection to Dad's work with water management could be "Arielle" :lol:

it's official

her name is

Ariane Wilhelmina Maxima Inez

Ariane Wilhelmina Maxima Inez is a beautiful name. I like it:)

Lovely name - did anyone guess correctly?

I don't like the name Ariane, it is not verry royal, Ariana I wouls like more!
Inez is a beautiful name!

Ariane! Sound like Star Wars... :lol:

The future Royal House after an abdication:

Z.M. de Koning
H.M. de Koningin (by tradition) / H.K.H. de Prinses der Nederlanden (by law)

H.K.H. de Prinses van Oranje
H.K.H. prinses Alexia der Nederlanden
H.K.H. prinses Ariane der Nederlanden

Z.K.H. prins Constantijn der Nederlanden
H.K.H. prinses Laurentien der Nederlanden

H.K.H. prinses Margriet der Nederlanden
Professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven

H.K.H. prinses Beatrix der Nederlanden

Last edited:
I wish there would have been 2 N's in Ariane.

Now, let's have a look who guessed the right names:

Flctylu guessed the main name - Ariane
Marengo guessed 2 of 4 names - Maxima and Wilhelmina, and pretty nearly guessed the third one - Inez (instead of Ines).

Rosana and Princess Maxima guessed 2 of the names - Wilhelmina and Ines

Ariane - flctylu
Wilhelmina - Marengo, cristinacg, rosana, queenofcelts, Royal Fan, Empress, hilal, suztav, Princess Maxima,
Máxima - Marengo, crm2371, wymanda, suztav
Ines - wymanda, Princess Maxima, rosana, Amelie, Princess Olga, saphills

Close Choices:
Ariana - LadyK,
Inez - Marengo, rosana, Royal Fan

*The links lead to the posts, where respective members voiced their opinion.
I'm sorry if I had missed someone. :flowers:

Last edited:
Thank you for the correction, The Watcher, I corrected the list. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom