Haakon and Mette-Marit and HIV/AIDS

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think too that long blonde hair really match to her. She reminds me little bit princess Grace. I don't know if anyone here thinks the same, but she has almost same eyes.

I really like MM's hair, I would think with 3 young children and all the events she has to attend and speak, long hair would be a lot easier to take care of and style. Look at Leti and Mary, both have long straight hair. I think it is great that MM cares more for the issues she sponsors, then the fashion that she wears to them. To me she is really a great spokesperson for the Norway Royal Family. I just love her. I can't wait to see all the pictures from the coming holiday. Especally the family pictures with the children.

found two, the quality is not great though.
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4112/alle20070303028gz9.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4149/alle20070303024tz5.jpg
from anb

Tomorrow at 9 Mette-Marit, as UNAIDS representative, will attend a breakfast meeting with the Global Fund. The Global Fund works to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Also attending the meeting is Minister of Forreign Affairs Jonas Gahr Støre, Minister of Humanitarian Aid Erik Solheim, and general secretary of GFMTA Sir Richard Feachem
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen, utenriksministeren og utviklingsministeren deltar på frokost for Det globale fondet mot AIDS, tuberkulose og malaria - Regjeringen.no
The real conference starts on the 6th, so this is a sort of pre meeting.
About the Conference
Voluntary Replenishment Mechanism
During this event, hosted by the Government of Norway, donors will discuss the most updated progress report on results and impact of the Global Fund activities, the funding status of the First Replenishment and the resource needs scenarios for the Second Replenishment.
The Replenishment mechanism was established in October 2003, when the Board of the Global Fund decided to promote periodic replenishments aiming to ensure sustainable and predictable support for the Global Fund. The process, based on the financing model of a number of international funds, enables donors to better plan their financial commitments and provides a forum for vital exchange on donor expectations. The Replenishment cycle, originally for two years, has now been extended to three years and will cover the period 2008-2010.
The Global Fund's Replenishment process is chaired by the Mr Kofi Annan, former UN Secretary-General, and the Vice-Chair is Mr. Sven Sandström, former World Bank's Managing Director and Chairman of the Tenth Replenishment of the African Development Fund.
Voluntary Replenishment Mechanism 2007 - About the Global Fund - The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
About the Global Fund
How the Fund Works - About the Global Fund - The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is welcome by Minister for Foreign Affairs, Jonas Gahr Store (L) and Minister of International Development Mr. Erik Solheim to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Oslo, Norway March 5, 2007. The Crown Princess attended a breakfast meeting in connection with the upcoming international contributors conference on aids

ANP Beeldbank

Last edited by a moderator:
MM looks so slim in those last pictures! The outfit is very flattering.

Mette-Marit looks great. her suit is lovely, one of the best she has worn & flattering too. she has a great smile

Its the same suits she wore at the arrival ceremony for the Bulgarian state visit and she also wore tha jacket on a county trip, it suits her alot IMO

Kongehuset is on a roll with their new webiste
biggrin.gif

Speech published

The Global Fund (tale)
Speech by HRH The Crown Princess at a conferance about The Global Fund, hosted by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, March 2007.

Thank you, Foreign Minister Støre, for this opportunity to say a few words about an issue very close to my heart. I met with the Global Fund in Geneva and now I am very pleased to welcome you here in Norway.​

I have had the opportunity to visit countries facing major AIDS-related challenges. I have seen how society structures and health services are being paralysed by this disease. I have spoken with young HIV positive women about their prospects for the future, seen despair but also hope – and impressive stamina amongst those who are hardest hit.​

In my view, there are two tracks to follow:
The first is to secure global access to testing, treatment and care. The second is to ensure that stigma is not a hindrance in the global fight against AIDS.​

I believe that the private sector, particularly in countries with high prevalence rates, has an important role to play. Both by protecting its labour force, and by exercising effective corporate social responsibility.​

There are two further aspects I want to highlight in this context. One is the importance of using local NGOs as partners to strengthen local civil society. The second is to listen to those affected by the pandemic. I strongly believe that People living with HIV/AIDS is one of our strongest tools in the fight against the disease – not as tokens or symbols – but as highly competent people. It is therefore vital that they are included in the decision making process.​

There is tremendous power in this room today. We have different roles and backgrounds, but we are all in the fortunate position of being able to make positive change. I would like to reiterate the headline we were working under at the International AIDS conference in Toronto last year: It is time to deliver.​

Thank you.​

A pic published
http://www.kongehuset.no/c27454/tale/vis.html?tid=30998

And information about the event, only in Norwegian. Norway is one of the biggest contributer and has so far donated 6 billion kroner
http://www.kongehuset.no/c27217/nyhet/vis.html?tid=31003

Nettavisen has a smal pic of Mette-Marit and a big pic of Haakons rumoured former flame Celina Middlefart who also was at the event today
Nettavisen - Mette-Marit og Celina vil hjelpe

Video from aftenposten
Måler båndbredde

Nettavisen has two scanpix pictures from the snowboard event
Side 2

Love the blue suit M-M is wearing! I think she looks very sharp in it. Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the color of the suit but her hair looks even lighter almost white-ish in some pics. I just kind of thought that at the King's birthday celebration her hair wasn't looking that light/white to me. I thought it looked a little darker blonde. But then again it may have looked darker b/c of the lighting or something else at the celebrations.

Wow, in that suit M-M looks 100% gorgeous!! :flowers: Thanks for the pics Larzen, and I agree with you, I think it is the same suit from the arrivals of the Bulgarian SV last year

A topic for Haakon and Mette-Marit's involvement in the HIV/AIDS topic. Mette-Marit has an engagement with HIV Norge on Wednesday.

Aftenposten has published a video of Mette-Marits work visit to HIV NOrge to get to know more about their work yesterday. She spent two hours talking to the administration and people living with HIV
Aftenposten TV

A picture from HIV Norge from the work visit
http://www.hivnorge.no/img/mm_kommer.jpg

An article in Norwegian

It was Mette-MArit who had made the initative for the meeting, she wanted to get to know more about the work and role of HIV Norge. She greeted everyone who works there and had meetings with representatives from the administration.

The Crown Princess said to the magazine POSITIV that it is importen to -de-demonize HIV in Norway, not by making it a risikosport but so that it easier to live with and talk about the desease.
- It is a heavy enough burden to carry for the person and his/hers family if they should not fight with predjudices on top of the other problems.

the general secretary of HIV Norge Evy Aina Røe say that the CP has a true interest and engagement for the cause, and she helps to highlight that HIV and AIDS is also a challenge on a national level. She further hopes that Mette-MArit will help promote HIV Norges work in the different events/fora she participates in. HivNorge

Mette-Marit in black from top to toe
(now even Polfoto realized it :D)

SANDVIKA, NORWAY 2007-11-29. Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway attends the gala performance Full Circle, celebrating Aksept's 20th anniversary and the World AIDS Day.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Polfoto

Wow. This is a great suit for her. She looks great. And even though it is black in color, it still has a little bit of white in the collar and the sleeves to break it up. Very stylish. But that is just my opinion.
And to add to this, I would say that I would rather see her in a loose fitting suit like this one, than in a taylored suit jacket that makes her look frumpy and bumpy.

Not a fan of the outfit at all, but it isnt that bad, I like the necklace.
What was this event? gala perfomance, I think im lost? dinner, a stage performance:confused:

I like the outfit but these colours do not make great pix.... fortunately she is blonde

It's first time when I must say that I really don't like Mette-Marit's outfit - black color, this suit and her face. Actually I think that's M-M is beautiful and elegant woman but unfortunately this outfit doesn't like to me:ermm:

Gotta admit,I don't like the outfit,it's not very flattering and too old for her.

Mette-Marit takes part in the organizations AIDES and the International Aids Society's campaign against stigma and discrimination against those with HIV.

Read more about the campaign, and see Mette-Marit's poster in the campaign here: International AIDS Society - Campaign Against Stigma And Discrimination (The pictures change throughout)
http://www.unaids.org/en/KnowledgeC...28_Anti_stigma_campaign_Mexico_Conference.asp
Hvis Mette-Marit var hiv-positiv... - Vårt Land - vl.no
NCA - Hvis Mette-Marit var hiv-positiv...

The campaign will be launched at the conference in Mexico, where Mette-Marit won't participate this time around. She's in the jury for the Red Ribbon Award, which will be awarded during the conference.

And she will also take a field trip - soon - to visit UNAIDS projects, it is reported.

This is great! I really liked the poster for the campaign. It is very powerful, and really makes a person think. I admire Mette Marit for getting involved in this cause.

It is good to see her taking part on such campains.

hmm, the links don't work for me... maybe you could host them via tinypic or something?
ANB links use to break very quickly...

The pictures do not open unfortunately

Very beautiful vase ! And beautiful Mette-Marit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom