Titles and Styles of Harry, his Future Wife and Children

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that royalty is an opposite concept, in the same way that "Presidential" is.

But it doesn't mean that the people who inhabit that royal world think that they are better than anyone else. I think that is a mistake which is frequently made. I dont believe for a moment that HMQ thinks she is better than anyone else - she has been given (by dint of birth) a job to do and she does it to the best of her ability. There may be privileges attached but there are a raft of disadvantages - in particular no privacy.

She actually believes that she was chosen by God - read that numerous times - and so she does believe that she is better than everyone else. Her children also believe they are above everyone else - look at them, listen to them and it is clear that they do very much believe that they are better than everyone else - and part of that belief is the fact that some many people, especially those in Britain buy into that by turning out and waving at them, cheering them for what reason - because of who they are and not what they have done, which really isn't very much.

She was chosen by God. If not by God then, by what? A roll of the dice? We where all chosen by God. She was chosen to live as an example to others, an she has done that tirelessly, and to great success for many years.

She actually believes that she was chosen by God - read that numerous times - and so she does believe that she is better than everyone else. Her children also believe they are above everyone else - look at them, listen to them and it is clear that they do very much believe that they are better than everyone else - and part of that belief is the fact that some many people, especially those in Britain buy into that by turning out and waving at them, cheering them for what reason - because of who they are and not what they have done, which really isn't very much.

Perhaps it seems that its that way but I do see a trend towards a change in that attitude with William. I believe it hit me when he visited Australia and New Zealand after their respective natural disasters and when meeting with the families, he just simple said "Just call me William".

I don't see any of the BRF as people that look down their noses at others but rather as representatives of the Crown they represent, they're expected to accept gestures of respect.

All of us are chosen by God to play a part in this world. Some great and some small but all are chosen by God.
Your republicans views are well know Iluvbertie, surely you're not going to start bashing people of faith now, including our Sovereign Queen.

Last edited:
I don't think the Queen thinks she is better than anyone else. Being chosen by God or destined for a certain role doesn't make you better than anyone.

I recently read about a man who who saved someone elses life by pulling him out of a burning car. His comment was that he now understood why he had to move across the country...to save a life.

There are people who just seem to be put on earth to fulfill a certain role.

As far as I know aristocracy and what I have seen and heard from QEII, I got the impression, that she believes she has to be 'better' - in the sense of living her life the best way she can, to be an example and a 'landmark' to turn to for her country; I don't think she feels 'better' in the sense Iluvbertie is referring to.

Probably I have more of an inbred feeling to be 'better' than most people, than she does.

I don't think the Queen thinks she is better than anyone else. Being chosen by God or destined for a certain role doesn't make you better than anyone.

I recently read about a man who who saved someone elses life by pulling him out of a burning car. His comment was that he now understood why he had to move across the country...to save a life.

There are people who just seem to be put on earth to fulfill a certain role.

That makes me think of the man who ran across the freeway to pull my brother out of his burning car and gave him CPR. Sadly, my brother was killed on impact and past saving, but we were awed by this heroism. But the man told me he is uncomfortable with the title of hero, that he did what anyone would do for another human being.
Sorry if this is off topic.

Sorry, but there would be no fall out if Henry married an american, a black woman an asian woman or anyone else you can think of. Love is love and even the monarchy get that, as long as she's not Catholic.

You are most likely from GB and are very kind but I just think that the Royal Family deep inside does not want taint their blood with an American woman much less a woman who is black as Harry's wife.

I wonder if he has ever dated an American?

America was founded on "all men are created equal", but that is malarky in its outward sense, as the very Founders owned slaves who were considered to be only "fractions" of men. The concept "all men are created equal" is missing its implied end, that is, that God created the souls of men equal, not their worldly environments and duties. The very word "created" implies this, although it does not state it forthrightly.
However, America's founding fathers, I am afraid, were all too human and did in general think that God favored them over their slaves, even at the soul level. So this whole concept is deep and dark. Not easily understood. Some royals seem to understand their calling by God to spiritually lead, not by dogma of the church but by example. Some royals have forgotten this concept entirely and that is WAY bad.
It is thrilling to see a royal person who does understand his or her appointment to lead.

You are most likely from GB and are very kind but I just think that the Royal Family deep inside does not want taint their blood with an American woman much less a woman who is black as Harry's wife.

Actually, I noticed when I first visited London in 1971 that there were far more interracial couples than I saw at that time in the US, and nobody stared at them like they did in the US. There seemed to be far less prejudice than I was used to seeing.

Other than Chelsy Davy, we do not know who else Henry has dated, or if he has for that matter.
I am from the UK, but that has no bearing on my words. The BRF aren't as backward as everyone thinks they are, you can take one look at the shows, the films, the pictures to notice they are first and foremost a family that love and support each other above everything else. If Henry chose to marry an American, then she would be welcomed into the family, if he chose to marry a black woman she would be welcomed into the family.

It doesn't really matter who they marry, as long as they can handle royal life.
May I enquire as to why you keep asking if he's dated an American? What is so significant about Henry dating someone from that continent?

Also - you've created the same post twice, you can delete the previous post by clicking the edit button.

Other than Chelsy Davy, we do not know who else Henry has dated, or if he has for that matter.
I am from the UK, but that has no bearing on my words. The BRF aren't as backward as everyone thinks they are, you can take one look at the shows, the films, the pictures to notice they are first and foremost a family that love and support each other above everything else. If Henry chose to marry an American, then she would be welcomed into the family, if he chose to marry a black woman she would be welcomed into the family.

It doesn't really matter who they marry, as long as they can handle royal life.
May I enquire as to why you keep asking if he's dated an American? What is so significant about Henry dating someone from that continent?

Also - you've created the same post twice, you can delete the previous post by clicking the edit button.

I did not realize I created the same post twice sorry about that. Regarding Harry marrying an American, I just think it would be awesome to see Harry marry out of norm and hearing about his family's reaction to her. It just would be something different of sorts.

I did not realize I created the same post twice sorry about that. Regarding Harry marrying an American, I just think it would be awesome to see Harry marry out of norm and hearing about his family's reaction to her. It just would be something different of sorts.

You would never hear a family reaction, ever. If they didn't like it, they're not going to show it. They are possibility the most emotionally controlled people this side of Vulcans.

You would never hear a family reaction, ever. If they didn't like it, they're not going to show it. They are possibility the most emotionally controlled people this side of Vulcans.

But you say that Harry can marry an American as long as she is not Catholic and the family would be fine with it. That is great to know.

.. and when the new legislation is passed, he can also marry a catholic women ...

Prince Harry, like his father, will have tasted the fruits of every land, but in the end, he will do what he feels the family expects of him as far as his choice of a bride.

.. and when the new legislation is passed, he can also marry a catholic women ...

Hopefully when he marries it will be for love,the persons faith or no faith won't matter to him.

I don't see why anyone would think that the royal family would have a problem with a person from outside the UK. Peter married a Canadian who was a RC until a few weeks before the wedding, along with a number of others who were born outside the UK, including Philip.

I don't see why anyone would think that the royal family would have a problem with a person from outside the UK. Peter married a Canadian who was a RC until a few weeks before the wedding, along with a number of others who were born outside the UK, including Philip.
Well exactly. Marion Stein an Austrian Jew was married to the Queens first cousin George, Earl of Harewood in a wedding attended by most members of the BRF. The Earl of St Andrews is married to a Canadian Roman Catholic. The Duchess of Gloucester is a Dane and her daughter married a New Zealander of Maori descent. I can't imagine that marriage to an American would be that big a deal as long as she was able to fit into the working royal family.

I dare say they'd be far more concerned with an American prospective bride's family's ability to keep their mouths shut to the press, than skin color or nation of origin.

I just wanted to ask if something changes in case Harry is only married when Charles is king.

I just wanted to ask if something changes in case Harry is only married when Charles is king.

Like what? The only thing I can think of would be that children born during the current reign would not necessarily be born as HRHs but as Lord or Lady. Other that the marriage of a Kings son is a bigger deal than the marriage of a Queens grandson.

The Duke of Windsor title needs come back to the House of Windsor. I don't think that KGVI ever intended it to die in one generation.

I think The Duke of Windsor title was a brilliant creation. It sounds so grand and important. I also think the Dukedom should be re-created.

:previous: IMO that will never happen. Th history attached to that title is too painful and too recent (in royal terms) Give it 150 years plus and maybe

I doubt KGVI really cared whether or not it died in one generation. In fact, given the general feelings toward Wallis Simpson, I really doubt that KGVI or QEQM was all that disappointed to see that it didn't continue on.

There's a part of me that would like to see Harry become a Duke of York - he is, after all going to be the younger son of the monarch, and that's the traditional title associated with that role.

This of course would mean that Harry would be created an Earl at his marriage and a Duke following the death of Andrew, similar to the plan for Edward and the duchy of Edinburgh. It would also hinge on Andrew not remarrying and having a son, but does anyone actually expect that at this point?

The Duke of Windsor title needs come back to the House of Windsor. I don't think that KGVI ever intended it to die in one generation.

Well, actually he did. It was assumed at the time of the Abdication that due to Wallis' age, it was highly unlikely any children would be produced. That's probably why there were no subsidiary titles created with the Dukedom.

I highly doubt it will ever return as an extant Dukedom due to the negative association with the Abdication, but you never know.

Last edited:
There's a part of me that would like to see Harry become a Duke of York - he is, after all going to be the younger son of the monarch, and that's the traditional title associated with that role.

This of course would mean that Harry would be created an Earl at his marriage and a Duke following the death of Andrew, similar to the plan for Edward and the duchy of Edinburgh. It would also hinge on Andrew not remarrying and having a son, but does anyone actually expect that at this point?

It's unlikely Andrew would remarry at this point and produce a son, but never say never. In any case, Harry will probably marry long before Andrew's death and be created a Duke by his grandmother or his father.

It's unlikely Andrew would remarry at this point and produce a son, but never say never. In any case, Harry will probably marry long before Andrew's death and be created a Duke by his grandmother or his father.

Not necessarily. Edward was created an Earl with the expectation that he will one day be the Duke of Edinburgh (once the title reverts to the crown). Why not create Harry an Earl upon his marriage, with the expectation that he will be created Duke of York once the title becomes extinct?

Not necessarily. Edward was created an Earl with the expectation that he will one day be the Duke of Edinburgh (once the title reverts to the crown). Why not create Harry an Earl upon his marriage, with the expectation that he will be created Duke of York once the title becomes extinct?

I don't think so.

I read that the Queen will give the Dukedom of Sussex to Prince Harry, upon his marriage.

Also, Prince Andrew is young and can live for many decades. The Dukedom of York will, probably, be given to Prince William's second son (or, perhaps, to his oldest son who isn't the firstborn child, taking the new succession rules in consideration).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom