Prince Harry: Visit to New York, USA - May 29-30, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep an eye for any coverage we get over here on the news.
A bit OT but sometimes I think we're a bit hard on William. I do think Harry is different with people a bit more open maybe but I do think William has gotten better in the last few years, I actually find him a bit more entertaining lately.

There's been quite a bit about Harry in the U.S. news. I'm surprised, since he's the spare and not William. Sounds like Harry is going to have to fight his way through adoring crowds of young women.

I was at the Hanover Square dedication today and I actually got to see Harry! He's taller and more youthful in real life than he is on tv, and his hair is almost tomato red--or anyway, it seemed to be tomato red in the Mid-day light. We were behind the barricades and didn't get to approach him, but he did seem to be approachable and very polite/nice. He had a big smile on his face the whole time and everybody talking to him seemed totally charmed.

He's done a very good job of representing himself, his family, and his nation so far during this trip. Now let's all keep our fingers crossed that he doesn't take too much advantage of the famous New York City nightlife!

Too bad Harry is only the spare because I believe he has much more potential than his boring brother William...
Thus it has always been, one way or the other...
...from the "different" Duke of Clarence to the dull Georgie of York; the charismatic Prince of Wales to the shy and stuttering Bertie; the high-spirited and glamorous Princess Margaret Rose to the serious and reserved Princess Elizabeth; the shy and self-conscious Prince of Wales to the "feisty" Princess Anne.
Now we have "boring" William and "dashing" Harry. Nothing's new. It's Windsor tradition! :)

Thus it has always been, one way or the other...
...from the "different" Duke of Clarence to the dull Georgie of York; the charismatic Prince of Wales to the shy and stuttering Bertie; the high-spirited and glamorous Princess Margaret Rose to the serious and reserved Princess Elizabeth; the shy and self-conscious Prince of Wales to the "feisty" Princess Anne.
Now we have "boring" William and "dashing" Harry. Nothing's new. It's Windsor tradition! :)

You are right! Its nothing new...and should be noted that the dull Georgie of York became the mighty George VI who led his country through WWII, the serious and reserved Princess Elizabeth has been served her country well for the last fifty years or so as the Esteemed Queen Elizabeth II (so much so that many wonder how the monarchy will survive her), the jury still out on the shy and self conscious Prince of Wales, but I think he will do an outstanding job as well (and I am not particular fan).

As for boring William...I think he will be great! He is parents son and learned much from Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip. And having "dashing" Harry has a much loved brother and supporter will only add to it.

Last edited:
There is a lot of coverage on Harry's visit here in N.Y. I must say he's doing a good job.

Reading the New York-based newspapers, the young Prince has well-acquitted himself.

See you again soon, Mr. Windsor!

I think Harry is doing a great job in New York. He seems to be receiving very positive coverage from the American press (and was on the news here in Canada as well). I agree that Harry seems very personable, which can be an important trait for a royal...although duty is also a crucial trait, and one that some of the other more charismatic royals in the past seemed to lack (Edward VIII obviously comes to mind). Hopefully Harry can combine his social abilities with that all-important sense of duty. :flowers:

On a more shallow note, even though William used to be considered the hearthrob and Harry the less good-looking younger son, I think Harry has gotten more attractive as he's gotten older (whereas with William, it might be the other way around).

I think Harry is doing a great job in New York. He seems to be receiving very positive coverage from the American press

I would have to guess this is why his first official trip was America, I think his people knew that to Americans Princess Diana was gold and her sons would be treated the same way. It's sort of like The Kennedy's...an endless fascination. It's probably nice for his ego to receive some positive attention as well.

Prince Henry does have a good time in the USA. He appears to be more easy-going than Prince William. It is nice to see Prince Henry using his favourite pastime such as polo to raise funds for the worthy cause.
Is it a tradition to spit champagne at polo games? If it is, what does this tradition mean?

:previous: No it is not traditional to spit at other players!:nonono:

does it say anywhere if the polo match raised the 100.000 ponds for the American Friends of Sentebale. With all those people they must have.......

I find his joke cute, when asked whether his team would win the polo match: ..........." 'Mmmm. I don't know. Hopefully it's fixed,' joked Harry."
Perhaps it is an easy joke but I like it.

Go Prince Harry!!! He def looked like he had a nice time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom