Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope on old classic names: Alexandra of Sussex, Sophia of Sussex, Georgiana of Sussex, Lavinia of Sussex. I am a bit done with the Cassiuses, the Archies, the Mias, it may be a more classy.

Princess Lily has a total different connotation than Princess Elizabeth. Like -for me- maybe the discussion to name him Prince Harry also in public instead of Prince Henry, knibbled away the necessary distance any monarchy needs.

So I hope it will not be a Kourtney of Sussex or a Kayleigh of Sussex.

Last edited:
Since they are now living in America and clearly seeing themselves as more American than British, I doubt if they will go for an old fashioned classic like Sophia or Alexandra. And their daughter will not be Princess Anything of Sussex. She could be known as Lady Mary Mountbatten Windsor, but given that they didn't give Archie a courtesy title, I doubt if they're going ot use the title Lady for the new baby. It would be pretty ridiculous anway....

Last edited:
Since they are now living in America and clearly seeing themselves as more American than British, I doubt if they will go for an old fashioned classic like Sophia or Alexandra. And their daughter will not be Princess Anything of Sussex. She could be known as Lady Mary Mountbatten Windsor, but given that they didn't give Archie a courtesy title, I doubt if they're going ot use the title Lady for the new baby. It would be pretty ridiculous anway....

They will be HRH Prince Archie of Sussex and HRH Princess Alexandra of Sussex when Charles becomes King. (Unless the Sussexes follow the "Wessex route" in which Louise and James absolutely are princes of the blood royal but are styled as children of an Earl, by choice of their parents).

Last edited:
At present they wont be Prince or Princess. And if they do what they did with Archie, their new baby will be simply Miss Mountbatten WIndsor.

I think it will be a name noone would even think of being possible. Nothing tradtional, nothing british.

At present they wont be Prince or Princess. And if they do what they did with Archie, their new baby will be simply Miss Mountbatten WIndsor.

I hope not a Miss Katayleah Shaniquelle Mountbatten-Windsor. :ohmy:

I trust on a minimum of lucidity by mom and dad. Elizabeth Diana Charlotte Maud or something.

Last edited:

I trust on a minimum of lucidity by mom and dad. Elizabeth Diana Charlotte Maud or something.

What about Ophrah ;) (Just a joke...)

I think its most unlikely that they will go for traditionally royal names. They didn't with Archie and when he was born, they were still working royals and yet they chose to give him an unusual name and an Americanised name. No royal names at all. So since this baby's going to be born in the US and they have broken complete with Harry's family I can't see why they would go for any kind of traditional name.

I think its most unlikely that they will go for traditionally royal names. They didn't with Archie and when he was born, they were still working royals and yet they chose to give him an unusual name and an Americanised name. No royal names at all. So since this baby's going to be born in the US and they have broken complete with Harry's family I can't see why they would go for any kind of traditional name.

Well, yes and no as far as Archie being an Americanized name. It fits right in with the very British trend of shortening the more formal, old-fashioned names like Alfred, Frederick, Leopold, Albert, Charles, etc to nicknames like Alfie, Freddy, Leo, Bertie, Charlie, etc as the given name on the birth certificate instead. That's also been a trend in the US, but one that's made its way from across the pond. Archibald/Archie might be a bit on the unusual side but it's still very much part of that milieu.

Older names are the hot trend and have been for the last 5-6 years. My older niece's friend circle have had more than a dozen baby girls among them in that time and I know of the following: Vivienne, 2 Eleanors, Stella, Lily, Addilyn, 2 Penelopes (one nicknamed Penny, the other Poppy), Karen, Ellen, Glennda, Aspen, Loretta, and Zoey. And I know I'm forgetting a couple of names in that mix - plus I don't know if my niece & her husband have decided on a name for their next baby yet (another girl!). So, I'd say that Eleanor, Lily, or Penelope and others of a similar vein are only too possible and likely, especially given that they already have Archie.

And American most influential First Lady was named Eleanor (Roosevelt):flowers:

That is a popular name now in various royal families: Leonor de Borbón y Ortiz, Eléonore de Belgique, Leonore av Sverige, Leonore van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg

That is a popular name now in various royal families: Leonor de Borbón y Ortiz, Eléonore de Belgique, Leonore av Sverige, Leonore van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg

Yes but Meghan would have rather taken Mrs Roosevelt into account (if she wanted to name her daughter Eleanor) rather than all those Princesses.:flowers:

Wasnt Eleanor Mrs Roosevelts second name and her first was Anna?
So there is a possibility they name the little one Annie (matching to Archie).

But I find it always difficult for a grown up and later aged person to have a name ending with an i. For me names with an i belong to kids. But thats just personal preference.

Yes but Meghan would have rather taken Mrs Roosevelt into account (if she wanted to name her daughter Eleanor) rather than all those Princesses.:flowers:

That will be for sure. She even had to google Harry to search who that ginger dude was. :lol:

While the name Archie has no European royal tradition, it was not an unusual name for the general British public. According to official statistics, it was the 17th most popular name for newborn boys in England in 2018, the year before Archie Mountbatten-Windsor was born. Harrison was the 35th most popular.

Princess Leonore seems to have lost her status as Prinsessa av Sverige (Princess of Sweden), so I would imagine she does not use "av Sverige" as a surname. Possibly she uses Bernadotte O'Neill, the name on her Swedish passport.

Thanks, Denville, that is what I meant.

Archie’s name was such a surprise to me that I have no clue what they will choose as her first name. But I will be very surprised if the name Diana isn’t in there somewhere; hopefully IMHO as a middle name for the sake of the child.:flowers:

I think the first name will be Diana and the middle names may be Elizabeth, Rachel, or Doria. My money right now is on Diana Elizabeth.

As for the name, I have no idea what it will be. But it must be a different name and it will certainly surprise you.
Regarding the godparents, they must choose friends from Harry and Meghan.

Well, yes and no as far as Archie being an Americanized name. It fits right in with the very British trend of shortening the more formal, old-fashioned names like Alfred, Frederick, Leopold, Albert, Charles, etc to nicknames like Alfie, Freddy, Leo, Bertie, Charlie, etc as the given name on the birth certificate instead. That's also been a trend in the US, but one that's made its way from across the pond. Archibald/Archie might be a bit on the unusual side but it's still very much part of that milieu.

I didn't say that Archie was an American style name. I thought that it would be clear that Harrison was the name i meant.

I would be shocked if Diana and Doria weren’t in there….

The trouble is that the two names are quite similar, so it's going to sound a bit odd to have them together. Doria Something Diana doesn't sound too bad, but to have them as 2nd and 3rd names would sound strange.

The trouble is that the two names are quite similar, so it's going to sound a bit odd to have them together. Doria Something Diana doesn't sound too bad, but to have them as 2nd and 3rd names would sound strange.
Yeah I dont think they go well together and I think they should be able to pick a special name for their daughter that isn't Doria or Diana. But it woudl be nice to honour the 2 women....

They may also name her Rachel Diana or Elizabeth Diana but use her middle name within the family, like Meghan is actually Rachel Meghan.

I honestly think that Meghan, being a woman that values being a strong, independent woman with a voice, will choose a name that's as different from "honoring ancestors" as Archie is. It will be a name that is unique to her daughter that will give the child her own identity. Just my thoughts though.

Wasnt Eleanor Mrs Roosevelts second name and her first was Anna?
So there is a possibility they name the little one Annie (matching to Archie).

They will stay away from any RF names like Anne.
(I’ve always thought the “colour comment” may have come from the horse-mad family of the Princess Royal. They are keenly interested in bloodlines, breeding, etc.)

They will stay away from any RF names like Anne.
(I’ve always thought the “colour comment” may have come from the horse-mad family of the Princess Royal. They are keenly interested in bloodlines, breeding, etc.)

The queen is very horsey too, and so to a lesser extent is P Charles....

The queen is very horsey too, and so to a lesser extent is P Charles....

I would think that Camilla would classified as more "horsey" than Charles. Both of them though are very comfortable seated on a horse. Camilla, though, is just one of those people you *know* is an animal lover.

Another name has hit me as a potential reflecting on American first ladies. How about the name Jacqueline (Jackie for short)? So many people admired Jackie Kennedy Onassis for the strength and fortitude she exhibited throughout her time as FLOTUS with the assassination of her husband and then, even with the rumors abounding of JFK's peccadillos. :D

Prince Harry and Meghan may give only two names to their daughter.
Iris could be used as a name.

Prince Harry and Meghan may give only two names to their daughter.
Iris could be used as a name.
Anything could be used as a name. Is there any particular reason why they would use Iris? Is it very popular in the US? is it a family name?>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom