Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like Sienna but can’t imagine that would be picked. I do wonder whether Isla or Lily will be in the running though. Lily, as well as a whole host of late Victorian names, have become very popular in the UK over the last decade.

I wouldn't be overly surprised by Lily. I don't think Isla is a possibility simply because Peter Philips has a daughter named Isla. I think they'd avoid using a name that closely related. Granted, I don't believe middle names should follow the same convention. For example, I don't believe they'll use something like Charlotte, Louise, Isla, Savannah, Mia, or Lena simply because close relatives have those first names. However, they shouldn't and won't avoid something like a middle name of Diana or Elizabeth simply because she might share those with a cousin. I'm not sure I'm explaining it well but I feel like middle names are entirely fine to share while first names, at least for those closely related, should be unique or as unique as possible.

The cover of Star Magazine indicated that Meghan was expecting twin girls. It that is true, then twice the name guessing can be conducted.

The cover of Star Magazine indicated that Meghan was expecting twin girls. It that is true, then twice the name guessing can be conducted.

Wouldn't they had already announced expecting twins if this would be true? And frankly I wouldn't trust very much such celebrity tabloid anyway.

Well every pregnant royal ladies had been "expecting twins" by media didn't it? ?

I think we are in for a suprise when it comes to name to baby girl ?

Probably, since usualy with royal children there are patterns one can refer to, but they give the impression that they are not likely to go for a convetional choice.

I think Philippa, Elizabeth and Diana will be part of the names or Doriana (as Gloriana was the nick of Elizabeth I and then that of the Second of that name), so we would have a nice combination of the Grandmothers and of great-grandmother's nickname.

I think Philippa, Elizabeth and Diana will be part of the names or Doriana (as Gloriana was the nick of Elizabeth I and then that of the Second of that name), so we would have a nice combination of the Grandmothers and of great-grandmother's nickname.

I doubt they are going to give 3 names and Philippa is IMO certianly not going to be one. Possibly Elizabeth Diana....

Diana and her maternal grandmother did not get along for a time but possibly made up. Diana talked about her paternal grandmother Cynthia Spencer being her inspiration. So I'd be surprised if Ruth is selected as a name.

Very surprised.

I will be seriously surprised if there's any kind of a "royal" connection in the names of this baby girl. I think the name will be classified as being one of totally American origin. [...]

Then again, I could be wrong. I often am. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be seriously surprised if there's any kind of a "royal" connection in the names of this baby girl. I think the name will be classified as being one of totally American origin. [...]

Then again, I could be wrong. I often am. :D

I had thought Elizabeth was a likely middle name, but given what just came out of Harry’s mouth regarding his grandparents and parents, I find that more debatable now. But- who knows. That said- Elizabeth is quite a common name in the US (It’s my middle name- and several of my family members.) However, if they chose Elizabeth, most people would naturally associate the choice with The Queen.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Diana was a name somewhere though. I would hope for the child’s sake it was a middle name.

Carolina or Caroline, which is the female form of Carolus (Charles), would be nice. In etymology it means "free person".

Last edited:
Carolina or Caroline, which is the female form of Carolus (Charles), would be nice. In etymology it means "free person".

I am 100% sure that there will be no names invoking Charles or any form of tribute to him taken into consideration.

I don't think the child will be named after QE II. Or Philippa. Unless they are middle names.

I thought Philippa or Alice might be in there somewhere but not sure about that now! Then again they don't exactly have a coherent narrative for which family members they're okay with.

I thought Philippa or Alice might be in there somewhere but not sure about that now! Then again they don't exactly have a coherent narrative for which family members they're okay with.

They certainly don’t! Praise Philip when he passes- under the bus a month later. Similar to the Queen. So, go figure if either one would even be considered as a possible name of some kind.

While I still think Diana is a likely name somewhere, she didn’t seem to be completely immune from criticism either.

So- it is indeed hard to say about names IMO. At least if you’re thinking family names may be included somewhere. I can’t begin to guess on other names though. Lol (I sure never would have guessed Archie. Though- to me- that is more British- I suppose? It isn’t a common name that I’ve heard in the US anyway.)

Last edited:
I'm going to have a guess at Rose/Rosie. Dianna was called an English Rose. Maybe being in Margaret's name might put them off. I don't know what you'd put with it..Rosie Doria? Rosie Diana is a bit too Diana-ish but it would be nice to acknowledge Meghan's mum.

Added: W.Y.CII - Rosie Harriet/te

Last edited:
:previous: I wish they would acknowledge her mother too, but I also think they wouldn't use direct relative's nanes for either first or middle name (see Archie's name).

I'm going to have a guess at Rose/Rosie. Dianna was called an English Rose. Maybe being in Margaret's name might put them off. I don't know what you'd put with it..Rosie Doria? Rosie Diana is a bit too Diana-ish but it would be nice to acknowledge Meghan's mum.

Added: W.Y.CII - Rosie Harriet/te

In keeping with Rose/Rosie, could the name Rosalie work?

I think the middle name will be Diana; I can’t see Meg agreeing to Diana as a first name and I would sincerely hope they wouldn’t saddle a child with the name Diana due to all that name would mean. I don’t think any other names will honor in any way anyone in the RF. I don’t have a single clue about the first name. Who would have ever guessed Archie ? :shock:
But I like Osipi’s idea of Veronica or Edith:lol:

Here are the current most popular names in California according to the 2020 US Census:

Was trying to copy just the girls’ names but couldn’t. Do not think we will see Camila ? Olivia is #1 in California and in the US.

1 Olivia
2 Liam 2,406 Camila 2,175
3 Mateo 2,057 Emma 2,093
4 Sebastian 1,981 Mia 2,029
5 Julian 1,679 Sophia 1,984
6 Ethan 1,640 Isabella 1,855
7 Benjamin 1,634 Gianna 1,520
8 Elijah 1,574 Luna 1,448
9 Alexander 1,570 Sofia 1,271
10 Oliver 1,523 Emily 1,244
11 Daniel 1,474 Amelia 1,241
12 Lucas 1,345 Ava 1,217
13 Matthew 1,334 Charlotte 1,168
14 Jacob 1,287 Abigail 1,052
15 Aiden 1,264 Victoria 1,033
16 Santiago 1,205 Evelyn 1,011
17 Jayden 1,190 Mila 1,006
18 David 1,155 Penelope 959
19 Logan 1,148 Aria 927
20 James 1,138 Natalia

Here are the current most popular names in California according to the 2020 US Census:

Was trying to copy just the girls’ names but couldn’t. Do not think we will see Camila ? Olivia is #1 in California and in the US.

1 Olivia
2 Liam 2,406 Camila 2,175
3 Mateo 2,057 Emma 2,093
4 Sebastian 1,981 Mia 2,029
5 Julian 1,679 Sophia 1,984
6 Ethan 1,640 Isabella 1,855
7 Benjamin 1,634 Gianna 1,520
8 Elijah 1,574 Luna 1,448
9 Alexander 1,570 Sofia 1,271
10 Oliver 1,523 Emily 1,244
11 Daniel 1,474 Amelia 1,241
12 Lucas 1,345 Ava 1,217
13 Matthew 1,334 Charlotte 1,168
14 Jacob 1,287 Abigail 1,052
15 Aiden 1,264 Victoria 1,033
16 Santiago 1,205 Evelyn 1,011
17 Jayden 1,190 Mila 1,006
18 David 1,155 Penelope 959
19 Logan 1,148 Aria 927
20 James 1,138 Natalia

I'd be very surprised indeed if any name sounding like one of the RF will be used.
'Diana' is going to be in the mix somewhere, i wouldn't be surprised.

of that list above, and matching with 'Archie' I wouldn't be surprised of an Amy, Abby, Emilly/Emmy or Evy...

But we'll soon find out :flowers:

I expect an unpredictable first name and Diana as second name; [...], so this would be a great way to establish that and honor Harry's mother who passed away at such a young age.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carolina/Caroline/Charlotte are all the same name. I doubt they would give their daughter the same name as Princess Charlotte

Princess Caroline of Monaco has a daughter named Charlotte.

Carolina/Caroline/Charlotte are all the same name. I doubt they would give their daughter the same name as Princess Charlotte

Caroline and Charlotte both derive from Charles but they aren't necessarily the same name. For example, Queen Alexandra the wife of Edward VII was named Alexandra Caroline Marie Charlotte Louise Julia.

Harry and Meghan obviously won’t use Charlotte as a forename for their daughter. And Caroline, Carolina, and variations of, are very similar to Carole, the first name of Kate’s mum, so IMO very unlikely to be used either.

Surprised I haven't seen more people predicting Grace after the other american actress that married a prince. Grace Diana would be a sweet name but definitely hard to live up to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom