Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Middletons know Lady Natasha’s father, the Marquess Of Reading through their good friend Sir John Madejski, the Chairman of Reading FC. Sir John was a guest at the royal wedding.

Catherine already knew Lady Natasha by the time she started dating William. In fact Lady Natasha was born just down the road from Catherine in Wiltshire.

But considering Rupert and Natasha were only dating at the time of the royal wedding, there would have been no expectation to invite him unless he was there as Kate’s ex and friend.

Last edited:
:previous: As we know, the 'no ring no bring' rumor holds little water. We often see girlfriends/boyfriends invited to these weddings if a serious relationship. Not a simple +1, bring a wedding date. Rupert and Natasha were invited as a couple.

As for Natasha and Kate knowing each other, living in the same general area doesn't mean you know each other. Nor does knowing a friend of a friend :ermm:

Point being Rufus was not invited as an Ex. He was invited because he had a continued relationship with Kate and William, through his then girlfriend.

We will have to see when the wedding comes, if Cress or Chelsy have enough of a relationship with Harry to be invited.

Personally, I could care less who is invited or not invited at this point. I just want to revel in everything and anything that pertains to Harry and Meghan's wedding from start to finish. From the first commentaries about people lining the streets and talking heads giving whatever background talking heads can be intelligent about to the very last detail of the actual wedding (which, of course will take months here on TRF).

Time just goes so slowly when you're anticipating something. I'm almost like a little kid here that can't sleep waiting for Santa Claus to come. ?

I assume the invites will be issued in the next 2 weeks. That is hitting 10 weeks which was the timetable for William and Kate. Curious to see the design for the the invitations.

The Fail said Meghan's ex husband Trevor Engelson is not invited because of the TV show that is loosely about Meghan: a man's ex wife marrying into the BRF and share custody of the kids.

:previous: Its the Fail. They don't know their backs from the fronts when it comes to invites and/or the reasons behind them. Go figure. :D

Well invites have started to go out and according to Mel B of the Spice Girls they were invited as a group to the wedding.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Harry is friends with some of the group? Seems like I remember something about that.

LaRae

Think he's friends/done some charity stuff with the Beckham's. But this feels like a reach. I hope they got a group invite because they're performing. Otherwise, I expect every cast member in Suits to get an invite including Meghan's body double. :lol:

I wonder if they are preforming at the evening party ....that would make sense to me.

LaRae

Well now we know that invitations have officially gone out I wonder how long until we see the mock up of one. I know we did with Will and Kate's. Can't be that long now.

Hey if I could have the Spice Girls preforming at my reception I'd be all over that!

LaRae

The list is going to leak. Calling it -

Chelsey, yes
Cressida - maybe but decline because of media scrutiny.
Obamas yes
Trump no
Samantha and Tom Jr - definitely no and the tabloids need to stop teasing that possibly.

The list is going to leak. Calling it -

Chelsey, yes
Cressida - maybe but decline because of media scrutiny.
Obamas yes
Trump no
Samantha and Tom Jr - definitely no and the tabloids need to stop teasing that possibly.

Elton John
the Spice Girls

Gosh..to have Elton John and the Spice Girls preforming...so cool.

LaRae

I think if the Spice Girls are performing at the reception how fun and epic would that be. Also I'm sure the group holds a special place for the family Charles, William and Harry because they met the Girls I think shortly after Diana died. Here are some pics of the boys with the Spice Girls :

Last edited:
Harry met the Spice Girls as a group just after Diana died. They went to St James Palace and Baby Spice bounced on the young Prince's bed there. Harry enthusiastically described that meeting to his father as 'the best day of my life!' I'm sure he's had plenty of 'best days' in the years since, but he has met several of the Spice Girls over time at various functions. Wasn't there a rumour Ed Sheeran wanted to play at this evening party?

Harry met the Spice Girls as a group just after Diana died. They went to St James Palace and Baby Spice bounced on the young Prince's bed there. Harry enthusiastically described that meeting to his father as 'the best day of my life!' I'm sure he's had plenty of 'best days' in the years since, but he has met several of the Spice Girls over time at various functions. Wasn't there a rumour Ed Sheeran wanted to play at this evening party?

I think the press asked Ed's opinion and he said something like "I'd be happy to if they ask and I am not booked."

Yes, but I read a little while ago that Ed WILL be on tour in May and is booked to play in Dublin on May 19th, so that probably rules him out.

:previous: I wish the press would quit this guessing about details like the music. I want to be surprised on the big day. It's so fun to not know and then to find out. So, I hope they keep as much as possible under wraps.

Not that I won't be glued to the coverage, either way! :lol:

I think if the Spice Girls are performing at the reception how fun and epic would that be. Also I'm sure the group holds a special place for the family Charles, William and Harry because they met the Girls I think shortly after Diana died. Here are some pics of the boys with the Spice Girls and Nelson Mandela:

That's not Nelson Mandela but it is the Spice Girls and Charles with Harry so it's still cool.

Gosh..to have Elton John and the Spice Girls preforming...so cool.

LaRae

Don't think Elton would be performing, simply attending as a guest like he did at the Cambridge wedding. And likely just at the day time events.

The Prince of Wales will need some [discreet] earplugs...

Or he may choose to retire.

There was really 4 parts of the Cambridge wedding. The church ceremony, the wedding lunch and the evening event which was divided in two really. There was the sit down meal with speeches and such that was hosted by Charles for the couple hundred guests. But they later retired into another room which had been transformed into a night club where there was a more laid back party for the younger people which went late into the night. The Cambridges had Ellie Goulding perform, before Guy's DJ took over later into the night. Maybe Charles will choose to stay.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...-Williams-extraordinary-palace-reception.html

I was pretty sure I read an interview where Elton said he was attending and preforming...hmmmm, maybe it was speculation by the article.

LaRae

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is performing at the actual ceremony. I can maybe see the reception but I doubt that is the case for Elton. He is a family friend of sorts. I think he is just simply a guest.

No I was speaking about the evening reception. I figured the morning reception would be more formal.

LaRae

I doubt really that anyone will be singing during the formal afternoon reception hosted, probably, by Charles. The music and fun IMO will come much later, in the evening. I do wonder whether the evening party will be held at Frogmore after all, separate and giving some privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom