Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Meghan have Georgie Boy Daffodils in the bridal bouquet? The daffodils were named in honor of Prince Harry's nephew, Prince George.

Will Meghan have Georgie Boy Daffodils in the bridal bouquet? The daffodils were named in honor of Prince Harry's nephew, Prince George.

Is there a reason why Meghan's bridal bouquet would contain an homage to George rather than reflect her tastes?

Plus aren't daffodils really hard to keep fresh? They wilt at the slightest puff of hot air.

As much as the couple adores George, that's a bit much given what has to be in there and the bride's own taste. I don't think Pippa even had it in her bouquet. If she goes with peonies, which are her favorite, she won't have much room because these tend to be bigger flowers and the bouquet for royals brides just aren't that big.

Since it's not a state wedding, then it will not televised, nor will there be a carriage ride to BP or a kiss or the balcony I assume?

Darn!

It will be televised. William and Kate's wedding was not a State wedding.

If someone was to ask me what the perfect food is, I'd say the banana. I have yet to meet anyone that does not love a good banana and if that is the choice for a wedding cake, I'm in 100% agreement on it.

When thinking back to that banana post made, what seems so very long ago now, it seems like this couple is not only very affectionate towards one another but they are also very sentimental and can attach meaning to even little things and make them special. I think we're going to be seeing a lot of that with this wedding.

Ummm not crazy about bananas by themselves. Banana bread I do like as long as it's made correctly!

LaRae

If it is true...and ,,honestly, I very much doubt it, it looks like they are making an effort to be original. I think it's silly...It's one of the things people will remember forever!!

If it is true...and ,,honestly, I very much doubt it, it looks like they are making an effort to be original. I think it's silly...It's one of the things people will remember forever!!

Oh well, too bad, it's their wedding. If the guests don't like it, don't do it for their own weddings. If they want to be silly, then they should be as silly as they want. It's their day.:lol:

I have read that Harry is very fond of bananas, (read that back in his army days) and that therefore the banana post on Meghan's social media was an in-joke of theirs.

I quite like banana cake myself, but I do think their wedding cake will be a traditional fruit one.

I’ve been to probably over 40 weddings in my life and I have no idea what kind of cake we had at them. There is only one exception, the couple had a cake with mixed fresh fruit and it was so hard to cut and kept falling apart that my table didn’t get any. It was ten years ago and we still talk about ''that wedding cake’’?. So, as long as the cake is tasty and there is a lot of it they’ll be fine.

I can see where carrot cake or banana cake would be a nice change from the (US style) traditional white or chocolate wedding cake.

LaRae

Where I live it’s been traditional for several decades now to have each tier be a different flavor. My brother had four tiers – chocolate, vanilla, coconut and black forest.

Where I live it’s been traditional for several decades now to have each tier be a different flavor. My brother had four tiers – chocolate, vanilla, coconut and black forest.

That sounds delish!

That sounds delish!

It was:D!
And it covered favorite flavors for the bride, groom and the immediate family, so we were all happy. We also usually have a dessert table, so there’s always a lot of different sweets to choose from for the guests.
An example:
https://www.mojkvart.hr/lang/hrvatska/stranica/wsfoto/78144.jpg
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e0cf884803138b92052fc9a1eda78e62&oe=5ACF93B6
http://www.buncic.hr/cms/images/vjencanja1.png
https://coolinarika.azureedge.net/i...7a30522a5d0bcf41e6cfea7e094d9_view_l.jpg?v=10

Anyway, to stay on topic, banana cake sounds great for a wedding. Of course, there are many different banana cakes out there, so depends what they would pick.

Last edited:
That sounds lovely Princess Larissa. The only problem now is I’m hungry for a piece of cake!

Will there be banners bearing the initials M and H used on the route of the wedding?
:britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag:

So, US Weekly is reporting that not only will George and Charlotte be involved in the wedding, but so will Ivy Mulroney. If Ivy Mulroney is one of the bridesmaids, I think we know who will be stealing the show other than the bride. That little girl is GORGEOUS.

Have I missed something?

Has the actual wedding date been announced? If not, wonder what the holdup is?

No. It’s not unusual though for it to take a month or so after the initial engagement announcement.

It only took about a week after William and Kate.

But it has been less then 2 weeks so its not as if its been a huge delay. With all the hoopla in media, and talk here, hard to believe only been 12 days.

Kate and Will announced November 16, released wedding date on the 23rd, and released their photos December 12. Hopefully we will get the date and the photos soon.

I figure by the end of the year we might hear a date.

LaRae

It only took about a week after William and Kate.

But it has been less then 2 weeks so its not as if its been a huge delay. With all the hoopla in media, and talk here, hard to believe only been 12 days.

Kate and Will announced November 16, released wedding date on the 23rd, and released their photos December 12. Hopefully we will get the date and the photos soon.

Hmm, for some reason I thought it took longer than that for Cambridges. But it’s probably like the case here where there were so much attention that it felt longer. I doubt their engagement photo has been taken. Jason Knauf said at the BP briefing that it hasn’t been taken or scheduled yet. So likely it’ll be at some point after she gets back to U.K.

I'm wondering that as well. Once the wedding month was announced, I figured it wouldn't take much longer for the date. Perhaps it will be announced this upcoming week.

I was hoping little Maud Windsor would be included. She is adorable!

Will there be banners bearing the initials M and H used on the route of the wedding?
:britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag:

Not likely as the wedding route will likely be festooned with Union Jacks like in recent years. This is not a state occasion like Princess Elizabeth and Lt. Mountbatten's wedding which had E/P banners. ?

I see Maud Windsor rather at Princess Eugenie's wedding - Eugenie is her godmother.

Different articles spoke about potential guests at the wedding: politicians, celebrities, etc. No one has speculated ( yet) about Chelsy and Cressida. They ended on good terms with Harry and Meghan may be ok with their being guests but the Fail and other outlets will turn them into modern day Camilla, with side by side shots of one or both with Camilla at Charles and Diana's wedding. These ex girlfriends are being dragged to sell papers; I feel sorry for them.

I can see where carrot cake or banana cake would be a nice change from the (US style) traditional white or chocolate wedding cake.

LaRae

Banana Wedding cake?? Well to each their own!! All I have to say is YUCK!! I cannot stand bananas!

I doubt it. Maybe for Eugenie who is her godmother :flowers:

Harry and Meghan are both at an age where they have friends, as well as family, with kids of their own to include. Between godchildren of both of theirs, as well as kids of friends, and then the Cambridge kids, they are over flowing in options. I'd not be expecting Windsors other then George and Charlotte.

I could be wrong but the bridal party IMO will be like Sophie's. It will better reflect both sides of the couple (unlike Kate, Diana and such who had mainly royal side kids chosen). It reflects an older couple who have kids who are important in their life, outside their near blood.

Banana Wedding cake?? Well to each their own!! All I have to say is YUCK!! I cannot stand bananas!

Talking about layers, some folks do varying flavors per layer. Obviously if a person didn't like bananas they wouldn't choose it.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom