Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her body not be on show !!!!!!! The carry on at the moment ... is there a bump yet ? How big is she ?? Etc etc. if you think the only photos will be Meghan you will be very wrong unless we don’t see any photos as they have her sneaked in the side door

Oh I am sure like Beatrice in her fallopian hat, Kate will get some press. :lol:

But unlike Pippa, as you brought up the comparison, she wont be central. She wont be walking behind the bride. She wont be in the ceremony, or the carriages. She wont be stealing attention from the bride.

We have already seen that Meghan is starting to snap up the limelight from Kate. Baby #3 is just not as big of a media seller as Meghan and Harry are. And post baby weight is not going to be as big of a seller as what Meghan wore. Or the many celebrities who will be at the wedding.

Kate is a big girl, she can handle any photos. And I doubt Meghan has ever considered Kate will steal any thunder.

Again you don't plan babies around a woman's maternity leave. Due date yes, maternity leave no. Unless the pregnant woman is the bride.

Previous I don’t know what maternity leave has to do with my thoughts so time to leave you all to it

It's a bit rich to ask Meghan and Harry to move their wedding date for months, from May to June/July, instead of May, because Kate's due date is sometime in April. Kate will have the most help available, she'll be able put her feet up and relax, and be totally catered to at this wedding. She will have no other duties in it, but to just show up. And Kate won't steal the limelight, either, all eyes will be on Meghan and Harry.
Kate isn't the only person to consider with this wedding, and a few weeks between from her giving birth to the wedding is plenty of consideration. IMHO its like suggesting, that Harry and Meghan shouldn't have announced their engagement until after Kate gave birth.

Previous I don’t know what maternity leave has to do with my thoughts so time to leave you all to it

You went on and on about how she will be in a fog for months. How she will be losing weight. And exhausted the first months breast feeding. I simply asked if you expected them to wait until Kate was done maternity leave so the guest will be bright eyed and bushy tailed at the wedding. It seems you were leaning that way. What is the right amount of time Kate needs to be given to make sure she looks her best at someone else's wedding. 2 months? More?

Kate had her first engagement 5 weeks after George
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/30/article-2406586-1B88F90A000005DC-787_306x937.jpg

and 6 weeks after Charlotte
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polop...tives/gallery_1200/trooping-colour-parade.jpg

Both were not solo events and she could have bowed out and no one would have been surprised. I’m sure if everything goes well with the birth she’ll have no problem being a guest at this wedding.
Why is this even being discussed? Does anyone really think Harry and Meghan didn’t consult the other senior royals about the wedding date?

Last edited:
Why is this even being discussed? Does any really think Harry and Meghan didn’t consult the other senior royals about the wedding date?

Some just like to think if Kate is having a baby, then everybody else need to put their life on hold for the whole season. It'd be the same reaction if they announced the wedding would be March.

Kate had her first engagement 5 weeks after George
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/30/article-2406586-1B88F90A000005DC-787_306x937.jpg

and 6 weeks after Charlotte
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polop...tives/gallery_1200/trooping-colour-parade.jpg

Both were not solo events and she could have bowed out and no one would have been surprised. I’m sure if everything goes well with the birth she’ll have no problem being a guest at this wedding.
Why is this even being discussed? Does any really think Harry and Meghan didn’t consult the other senior royals about the wedding date?

Sadly some posters seem to think they did. Or at least Meghan :ermm: Suggesting that she was so in her 'happy place' she did not consider Kate's needs.

You went on and on about how she will be in a fog for months. How she will be losing weight. And exhausted the first months breast feeding. I simply asked if you expected them to wait until Kate was done maternity leave so the guest will be bright eyed and bushy tailed at the wedding. It seems you were leaning that way. What is the right amount of time Kate needs to be given to make sure she looks her best at someone else's wedding. 2 months? More?

I didn’t go on and on about a fog I mentioned it once excuse me for having a opinion

The idea that Harry and Meghan should have considered Kate's weight is just...NO. :lol: I'm sure they considered her due date and having enough time afterwards to rest/recover but anything beyond that is completely unnecessary.

Wasn't she right about that? They went to BP and then the wedding location/month announcement came shortly after they arrived?

Sorry for the late response but there was never anything else that suggested they were at BP. They definitely didn't need to be there for the announcement. And that same day, we actually got pap pics of Harry going to/coming from the gym. So I personally doubt he and Meghan were ever there.

I didn’t go on and on about a fog I mentioned it once excuse me for having a opinion

Not about the fog, but about how Kate's mental and physical well being needs to out weigh the wants and needs of the bride and groom. Not to mention any other guest who is attending including a 96 year old man.

Opinions are fine. Asking for clarification. How long does the British royal family have to put their life on hold for Kate??? I am honestly interested in knowing if Meghan came out of her selfish 'happy place' as she obviously chose the date alone and considered no one else, what would be an acceptable length of time. You have very clear opinions that a month or so isn't long. I honestly would love to know what an acceptable time frame for life to continue so Kate is ready. Keen to hear your ideas here.

Oh and if Philip's health suddenly takes a down swing, does Philip's health take precedence over baby weight? Not sure how those rank. Honest question.

Last edited:
Not about the fog, but about how Kate's mental and physical well being needs to out weigh the wants and needs of the bride and groom. Not to mention any other guest who is attending including a 96 year old man.

Opinions are fine. Asking for clarification. How long does the British royal family have to put their life on hold for Kate??? I am honestly interested in knowing if Meghan came out of her selfish 'happy place' as she obviously chose the date alone and considered no one else, what would be an acceptable length of time. You have very clear opinions that a month or so isn't long. I honestly would love to know what an acceptable time frame for life to continue so Kate is ready. Keen to hear your ideas here.

Oh and if Philip's health suddenly takes a down swing, does Philip's health take precedence over baby weight? Not sure how those rank. Honest question.

Once again I never said Meghan was selfish I think I have made my feelings pretty clear. I think a couple of extra weeks would have been better for Kate to recover after the birth I think it’s a shame that apparently a June wedding isn’t possible. As for your comment on prince Phillip I find it extremely disgusting. If you call that a honest question this mightn’t be the best place for you

Actually, royal rob, what I gleaned from your comments is an actual concern for what Kate would be going through, feeling both emotionally and physically with the wedding being close in time to the birth of their third child. I think those of us that are mothers are more than prone to think this way as we remember how *we* felt in the first months after giving birth.

Chin up. Its all good. :D

Why is there all this fuss? THey will have takne Kate's due date inot account, but they're not going to wait around forever till she has her figure back. and they will sort it out....

Kate, her pregnancy and having the baby can't dominate Harry's and Meghan's life for months. There are other people, events and engagements to take into consideration too. Postponing the wedding for 2 months because of Kate being in post pregnancy fog, and her body still not to it's pre pregnancy weight, would be too much Imo. Kate will be well taken care of, pampered and catered to, and she'll have no role in the wedding, she can just sit back, and enjoy the festivities.

I can't scroll through 34 pages to find out if it has already been discussed, but has anyone any thoughts about wedding music ?
Prince Charles had a hand in William and Catherine's , but what about this time. Do we think Harry and Meghan will go for something traditional, or a little more unusual ??

I think Kate and Will are pretty hands on early days. Anyway having a nanny doesn’t help with the changes that happen to a woman after birth both physical and mental.It’s a good couple of months before the fog goes let alone with worlds press taking photos from every angle. Look what happened to Pippa at Kate wedding I’m not blaming Meghan for this as I’m sure she is in her happy zone. But maybe someone should think of Kate.

I've had 3 children (within a 5 year span). I know what it's like to manage these things.

If I can do it without nannies and staff then I am quite sure Kate can manage to make it to a wedding for a couple hours.

Really I mean do you think women hide out at home now days for weeks on end after they have a child? I didn't even do that years ago. Within 2 or 3 weeks most ladies are out and about.

LaRae

I can't scroll through 34 pages to find out if it has already been discussed, but has anyone any thoughts about wedding music ?
Prince Charles had a hand in William and Catherine's , but what about this time. Do we think Harry and Meghan will go for something traditional, or a little more unusual ??

It's so hard to know! We just don't have any idea really how Traditional they will be or not...I'm sure the Archbishop (I think he's going to be marrying them) will have to approve whatever they choose.

Considering the Queen etc..I don't think they will go too far off path.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:

Personally I hope Prince Charles has a hand with the music again. His choices for William and Catherine’s wedding were beautiful. It’s hard to say what Meghan’s taste in music is but considering this is a royal wedding I don’t think modern choices will be an option for the service. The reception will probably be all Harry and Meghan with music choices, but the ceremony will most likely be deferred to Prince Charles.

I’m sure we will hear more when it gets closer.

I do wonder who the designated child wrangler will be in the wedding party of PH and Meghan. Won't be Kate---even if George and Charlotte are involved I don't see her being expected to provide the same favor that she offered her sister, especially with a newborn in the background.

So......an older junior bridesmaid like Lady Louise? Do Meghan's American or Canadian close friends have daughters of an age that would work? Have to admit I would love to see Louise in the wedding party.

Meghan has friends in the U.K. also (prior to Harry) so...it's really hard to say who she will have in the party or assisting.

LaRae

I do wonder who the designated child wrangler will be in the wedding party of PH and Meghan. Won't be Kate---even if George and Charlotte are involved I don't see her being expected to provide the same favor that she offered her sister, especially with a newborn in the background.

So......an older junior bridesmaid like Lady Louise? Do Meghan's American or Canadian close friends have daughters of an age that would work? Have to admit I would love to see Louise in the wedding party.

I’m sure they will have Nannies keeping control of the little ones. Kate only has to mind her own since more than likely they will be in their adored uncle’s wedding.

I know this isn’t the main point of your post, but are newborn babies typically brought to the church for wedding? I’d think they’d be left at home if they are under a certain age.

at home if they are under a certain age.

Indeed, Cambridge #3 will be tucked up in the Nursery at KP [This ISN'T Sweden]...

I know this isn’t the main point of your post, but are newborn babies typically brought to the church for wedding? I’d think they’d be left at home if they are under a certain age.

For British Royal weddings, other than children in the wedding party, children don't attend the weddings. C3 willnot be attending the wedding.

Indeed, Cambridge #3 will be tucked up in the Nursery at KP [This ISN'T Sweden]...

Even in the U.S. ...I've never seen that done at a wedding. Younger kids yes but not that young.

Now days you even have couples requesting no children at weddings.

LaRae

The month being announced most likely means that they have two (or three?) possible dates in mind and are now working out which one works best taking everything into account (schedules of Harry's family, Meghan's family, close friends, and security and others who have to be involved in a royal wedding).

That's lovely in style....I hear they are Meghan's favorite flower...I like seeing flowers used that are not normally in bridal parties.

LaRae

Unlike Pippa, Meghan is likely to have a maid of honor in her wedding (like Pippa was to Kate). I would assume she would do the wrangling.

I don't think we will see Louise again. She is a bit old for a child bridal party. And the bridesmaids seem to be paired, and usually pairs age wise close together. Unless Meghan has five bridesmaids, Louise is a lot older then the other likely girls in the wedding.

Will Meghan have a peony bridal bouquet?

We don't know. Is she any more likely to have peonies then any other flowers out there???

The only thing we can likely count on is myrtle. As it is tradition in the BRF to include it in bouquets. It has been since the time of Queen Victoria.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom