Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see some foreign royals at the wedding.

I don't expect any official invitation extended to other Royal Houses. If any foreign royal is invited, it will be on a personal capacity only, as a friend of the groom or the bride. Unfortunately, Harry doesn't seem to be friends with other royals, except perhaps the Greek royals who live in the UK and might be invited.

Well apparently the Swedish Royal Family confirmed they didn't get an invite.

Why would they though? I would of been surprised if they had...

LaRae

Well apparently the Swedish Royal Family confirmed they didn't get an invite.

We didn’t really expect they would get an invite. So if Sweden didn’t get an invite we can carry that down the line.

William and Catherine had 1900 people at their wedding. Including royals from all of Europe and the Middle East

Harry has only 600 seats to deal with and constitutionally speaking he doesn’t really matter.

Last edited:
Why is it that the Cambridges are constantly brought into the equation? This is a Harry and Meghan thread to discuss their wedding not to retread what happened in 2011.

And how many of those foreign royals did either William or Kate know personally? Very very few. And the same for most of the VIPs (GGs etc) that were invited.

Harry will be inviting vets, people from Sentable, the IG, army buddies that he served with, etc.

Why would they though? I would of been surprised if they had...

LaRae

Oh I know. I didn't expect any other royal houses. Just was surprised the apparently commented on it. They not required to invite them as since they have no personal relationship it makes sense. This is not a state or semi-state wedding.

Oh I know. I didn't expect any other royal houses. Just was surprised the apparently commented on it. They not required to invite them as since they have no personal relationship it makes sense. This is not a state or semi-state wedding.

When or where did they confirm they were not invited ?

When or where did they confirm they were not invited ?

It is today confirmed that no member of the Swedish royal family will attend Prince Harry’s and Meghan’s wedding. According to @Expressen source the Swedish royals were not invited because the couple don’t have any personal relationship with them.

Via UK Royal News Twitter.

I hope the soldiers lining the Chapel stairs do not use swords. That is one thing that really doesn't work very well the cameras nor for the spectators. At CP Victoria's wedding, there were crossed swords on the steps but the swords prevented a clear view on the descent as they were crossed at face level! :verysad:

In a situation such as this, you want as wide a vista as possible so the cameras can get a panoramic view of the bridal couple exiting the church. We want to see their faces when they come out of the church and they can see the crowds. Still, while only a minor consideration, the top of the stairs is our best bet for a bridal kiss. :hug:

Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know who the juggler-and chief of this particular show is? I really feel sorry for him checking the list for the minutia of things that need to be done. :author:

Marg as wide as those steps look I don't think their swords could touch unless they moved in towards each other...and not sure that will happen.

LaRae

The Lord Chamberlain is in charge I would imagine (and his assistants) with consultations with senior police and army officers etc too of course.

Marg as wide as those steps look I don't think their swords could touch unless they moved in towards each other...and not sure that will happen.

LaRae
The idea I was referring to was the mention of an arch of 'crossed swords' which is impractical for the reason I and you mention.

I think if he wears his blues and Royals uniform he can use swords. Not sure it’s a tradition the marines use.

Yes, the marines have a sword as part of their dress uniform (not that Harry would be wearing one in his wedding. It would be those on honor guard on the stairs that would).

Here is Philip wearing his marines uniform, and you can see the sword.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4494136/Prince-Harry-set-head-Royal-Marines.html

Kate had an adult maid of honor, so I don't know why Meghan cannot as well if she wishes. That was a more "important" wedding than Harry's.

And while Zara's wedding was a private wedding of the Queen's non-Princess granddaughter, she also had an adult matron of honor.

And as was discussed in another thread, some "rules" assigned to royalty are not necessarily real. I do not think wedding attendant rules are real.

Note, I never said that Meghan couldn't or wouldn't have an adult bridesmaid :ermm: I infact in the previous post suggested either Heather or Lindsay might be the top pick, as Jessica and Benita's daughters may be part.

I simply said comparing Harry to Peter was wrong. Peter's wedding was a completely private occasion, with more freedom of choice. Harry's may not be a state event, but there are certain expectations.

Elizabeth is a different time. And then it was more of a focus on young unmarried women, which all of her ladies were. As discussed, the 'no married women' isn't a hinderance now for Meghan.

Last edited:
It is today confirmed that no member of the Swedish royal family will attend Prince Harry’s and Meghan’s wedding. According to @Expressen source the Swedish royals were not invited because the couple don’t have any personal relationship with them.

Via UK Royal News Twitter.

The Expressen article quotes Margareta Thorgren, the Director of the Information and Press Department at the Royal Court. I suppose she was responding to questions from an Expressen reporter.

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kungligt/kungafamiljen-portas-fran-prinsbrollopet-/

Would have been shocked if Sweden sent anyone. We cant realistically imagine anyone beyond Seeiso and his wife, other then a few Greeks and probably his hunting partner Prince Franz Albrecht. Maybe some of Philip's German relations.

Any foreign royal that would attend the wedding would be there as a personal friend and not representing their country. Prince Seeiso and his wife of Lesotho is a definite but that's because of the close friendship between the two princes. They both set up Sentebale in memory of their mothers. They're close personal friends.

This is a much more personal wedding and private wedding without the "must invites" of diplomats and royals and heads of state.

:previous: Really remarkable what they must do now. Sad. :sad: But all to the good for and safety of all.

I assume that she received a different invitation as she is included in the 1200 people from all over the country invited to the grounds of Windsor castle. The invite that is shown seems to be one for the chapel (and doesn't include her name).

:previous: Really remarkable what they must do now. Sad. :sad: But all to the good for and safety of all.

But I did like how they phrased it to say they do this al the time for royal events, that they get lots of help from the community and partner organizations and (in the final line) normal policing will carry on throughout. Good for them!.

What was the need for the procession through Windsor? Surely costs for the 5th/6th in line to the throne not worth it? Even the 1st in line didn't go through Windsor when he married Camilla.

Via Ikon Pictures Twitter

He does have a point. I think the route Edward and Sophie took is good enough for Harry and Meghan

Last edited:
More and more sounding like this is going to big a big wedding with all the bells and whistles. It's looking like it will be quite grand and royal.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom