The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3461  
Old 04-24-2018, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
I vow to thee My Country is my fav too I think I remember it was Diana’s too
__________________

  #3462  
Old 04-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
So what's left to announce? Coat of Arms and Wedding party? I assume both will be announced next week? That just 2 weeks out.
Over 3 weeks, closer to 4 actually. 25 days out at this moment.

I would think we should know bridal party soon. Was released much earlier for Cambridge wedding.

Quote:
with reference to the cake, which Heather mentioned, surely one elderflower and lemon, however large isnt going to be it for a wedding with 600 guests and possibly other people to be catered for. I know there'll be a replica made too, but I am hoping for a groom's cake even though KP said no.
Has it been confirmed no groom cake? Or just one wasn't mentioned?

Diana and Charles had one official cake, but then they had other cakes to feed all of their guests. I would assume the same flavors and such, for the practical purpose of feeding over 1000 guests.

Its that or one very massive cake. Four tiers feeds about 300 guests.
__________________

  #3463  
Old 04-24-2018, 09:17 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
So what's left to announce? Coat of Arms and Wedding party? I assume both will be announced next week? That just 2 weeks out.
Coat of Arms, wedding party, and titles are left. But there's also "so and so will be doing a reading" and what not that I don't believe we've seen (although I can't remember if that was announced for William and Kate's wedding).
  #3464  
Old 04-24-2018, 09:25 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Coat of Arms, wedding party, and titles are left. But there's also "so and so will be doing a reading" and what not that I don't believe we've seen (although I can't remember if that was announced for William and Kate's wedding).


The titles are always announced the morning of the ceremony.

James Middleton doing a reading was only announced the day before the wedding it seems.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...e-reading.html
  #3465  
Old 04-24-2018, 09:39 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,237
Titles come the day of though, right? I would guess the reader would be included in the wedding party announcement. I think by 3 week mark W&K had basically announced everything. So I suspect by next week all the info will be out.
  #3466  
Old 04-24-2018, 10:01 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Titles come the day of though, right? I would guess the reader would be included in the wedding party announcement. I think by 3 week mark W&K had basically announced everything. So I suspect by next week all the info will be out.
The reader may be announced with the party. Or like the article I linked, it may come later. James Middleton was mentioned as reader, the day before the wedding.

The titles are announced usually when they are arriving at the church.
  #3467  
Old 04-24-2018, 11:28 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Over 3 weeks, closer to 4 actually. 25 days out at this moment.
I was referring to if they announced by the end of next week. It will be 3 weeks on Saturday. So if they did that timeline it is basically a little over 2 weeks.
  #3468  
Old 04-25-2018, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I am surprised we have not heard about it yet. Keeping us in suspense!
I have to wonder if this is being held back bc of any family members from the Markle side is on there to avoid them being harassed by those that aren’t invited.
  #3469  
Old 04-25-2018, 12:11 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,118
The guest list that would make sense. But the guest list usually isn't released in full before the wedding.

But we're talking the bridal party. I don't believe there are any small children in the Markle family, not ones who would be in the running to be in the bridal party for the couple. I don't think even Samantha would resort to harassing small children either.

Honestly Samantha and Tom Jr likely already know which are invited. The Markle side is not that large. Really its just a matter of Dad, and Samantha's kids.

Question will be what Raglands may attend. Doria's got a half brother and sister who have kids. But the brother has spoken to the press, and sold photos. Not sure if he is persona non grata because of it. He also said he hadn't seen Meghan in like 16 years.

I guess Tom also has a brother who made news as a bishop of his own church.
  #3470  
Old 04-25-2018, 12:19 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,237
Doria has a younger paternal half brother who she is very close to. Meghan and him are close in age. I suspect he likely scored an invite. Doria didn't seem all that close to her older maternal half siblings and they already said they not invited.
  #3471  
Old 04-25-2018, 12:28 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The guest list that would make sense. But the guest list usually isn't released in full before the wedding.

But we're talking the bridal party. I don't believe there are any small children in the Markle family, not ones who would be in the running to be in the bridal party for the couple. I don't think even Samantha would resort to harassing small children either.

Honestly Samantha and Tom Jr likely already know which are invited. The Markle side is not that large. Really its just a matter of Dad, and Samantha's kids.

Question will be what Raglands may attend. Doria's got a half brother and sister who have kids. But the brother has spoken to the press, and sold photos. Not sure if he is persona non grata because of it. He also said he hadn't seen Meghan in like 16 years.

I guess Tom also has a brother who made news as a bishop of his own church.
I was thinking Tom Sr. or Ashleigh. I don’t think there is anything to worry about from Doria’s side, although I haven’t read anyone on that side saying they haven’t been invited. I haven’t read much of anything in regards to them lately in fact. I know people are thinking one of her friends will be the Maid/Matron of Honor, but even if Ashleigh doesn’t make the cut there, she could still be part of the wedding like do a reading. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s involved in some way. I think it would come down to if she’s comfortable with the attention considering millions will be watching on top of the 600 people in church.
  #3472  
Old 04-25-2018, 01:58 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
So is there nobody except her mother and father going to the wedding I gave up on the Markle thread just one after the other claiming nonsense. So in the end there is no family member suitable to go
  #3473  
Old 04-25-2018, 02:23 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,118
We have no idea, other then those who have spoken to the press. And these were ones who spoke to the press before the invites went out. Her dad's two brothers, Fred (bishop) and Michael (former ambassador), his kids Samantha and Tom Jr, Tom's kids, and Doria's older half sister and brother.

But who we don't know about:
-Joffrey Ragland-her 34 year old half-Uncle, Doria's paternal half-brother
-Ava Burrows- Joffrey's mother, Meghan's step-grandmother
-Ashleigh- her lawyer niece
-Christopher- Ashley's brother, the only nephew who hasn't spoken
-Noelle- Ashleigh and Christopher's younger half-sister

As they don't speak to the press, we will likely not know until the wedding. I assume Ashleigh and likely Christopher at least will accompany their grandfather.
  #3474  
Old 04-25-2018, 06:22 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
We have no idea, other then those who have spoken to the press. And these were ones who spoke to the press before the invites went out. Her dad's two brothers, Fred (bishop) and Michael (former ambassador), his kids Samantha and Tom Jr, Tom's kids, and Doria's older half sister and brother.

But who we don't know about:
-Joffrey Ragland-her 34 year old half-Uncle, Doria's paternal half-brother
-Ava Burrows- Joffrey's mother, Meghan's step-grandmother
-Ashleigh- her lawyer niece
-Christopher- Ashley's brother, the only nephew who hasn't spoken
-Noelle- Ashleigh and Christopher's younger half-sister

As they don't speak to the press, we will likely not know until the wedding. I assume Ashleigh and likely Christopher at least will accompany their grandfather.
Noelle has spoken to the press defending Meghan but she is not close to her.
  #3475  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:46 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I for one hope to see something along these lines.



And of course the above spoof was of this original.

C'mon. Meghan, get the gang going! You can do it!
Yesterday while reading about the gospel choir and getting the congregation all up and making a joyful noise, I thought of this commercial and actually went to YouTube to view it. Again. Its a commercial I'll never forget or tire of from the 2011 wedding. The resemblances are uncanny.

I seriously don't think that this royal wedding will see anything like this but there's going to be some very nice personal touches.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #3476  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:58 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Titles come the day of though, right? I would guess the reader would be included in the wedding party announcement. I think by 3 week mark W&K had basically announced everything. So I suspect by next week all the info will be out.
The name of the readers should be in the order of the service.
  #3477  
Old 04-25-2018, 08:53 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
As I said further up the thread, I listened to several arrangements on Youtube--are there any versions you especially like or think would work for the wedding?
My favorite is probably the version done at my own church, Alfred Street Baptist Church in Alexandria, VA. The choirs there do incredible versions - but my fave twist is this slight run on "praise": I lift my hands in total praise (the sopranos go pra-AAAy-AYse!!) toooo you... then the Amens...

Whew.

The first time I heard that slight soprano run I was done - I think I joined the church that day, lol!

But most versions are pretty much the same - so the one the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir did is great too.
  #3478  
Old 04-25-2018, 02:34 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Still on about the wedding invitations my rationale is if Meghan for whatever reason hasn’t seen fit to invite her uncle who helped secure (or so he claims), her internship at the American Embassy in Buenos Aires then I really don’t see her inviting any of the (Half sib) Samantha’s children who weren’t even at her first wedding. It’s not a must she has to invite half nieces/nephews. Perhaps she just does not regard them as close relatives / family..... JMO
  #3479  
Old 04-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Priyanka Chopra confirmed she will attend the wedding.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...rkles-wedding/
  #3480  
Old 04-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
Still on about the wedding invitations my rationale is if Meghan for whatever reason hasn’t seen fit to invite her uncle who helped secure (or so he claims), her internship at the American Embassy in Buenos Aires then I really don’t see her inviting any of the (Half sib) Samantha’s children who weren’t even at her first wedding. It’s not a must she has to invite half nieces/nephews. Perhaps she just does not regard them as close relatives / family..... JMO
We don't know if Ashleigh was at her first wedding because Ashleigh has chosen to not say anything. What we do know is that they are close enough to have seen each other in recent years, she sends Meghan flowers on her birthday, and she's the one family member other than her parents that Meghan has mentioned when she was still active on social media. It's one thing not to invite relatives you haven't spoken to in years, but I wouldn't say the same for someone that Meghan clearly has spoken to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Priyanka Chopra confirmed she will attend the wedding.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...rkles-wedding/
Honestly, this was getting stupid anyways. She's avoided it for as long as she could. I read an article this morning speculating about her being MoH because she made a stop in London recently for a day or two. Unlike Meghan, she has to go out there and do her job. Most of what she's provided to the media about Meghan has been pretty vague and high level. Nothing that would be considered to delve into her private life.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones bangladesh baptism biography bridal gown british brownbitcoinqueen canada carolin chittagong clarence house coronavirus cover-up dna dubai duke of sussex dutch royal family emperor fantasy movie general news thread george vi gustaf vi adolf heraldry hill history hochberg introduction jumma kent languages list of rulers luxembourg mail mary: crown princess of denmark nepalese royal family northern ireland norway history pless popularity prince charles prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess of orange queen consort queen mathilde queen maud royal court royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress settings startling new evidence stuart swedish queen thailand tips tracts united kingdom united states of america von hofmannsthal


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×