The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2018, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

BTW to all our friends in the UK, Canada, USA etc, if you have a question don't hesitate to ask. All our cultures might be similar but have differences and sometimes the Australian way can be a bit confusIng to some. I am sure Curryong, Bertie, Sun Lion or any of the other Aussies on these boards will be happy to help if they can.
My apologies if I assume too much on your behalf. Being a Queenslander means we like to help if possible. In this case I might not be of much help as my state of Queensland is one hour behind Sydney due to daylight saving. So the New South Wales - Sydney crowd may be of more help to you.
Cheers

I agree Sun Lion that the exit ramp they used was not fit for a visiting VIP let alone royals. They really need to smarten the place up.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
BTW to all our friends in the UK, Canada, USA etc, if you have a question don't hesitate to ask. All our cultures might be similar but have differences and sometimes the Australian way can be a bit confusIng to some. I am sure Curryong, Bertie, Sun Lion or any of the other Aussies on these boards will be happy to help if they can.
My apologies if I assume too much on your behalf. Being a Queenslander means we like to help if possible. In this case I might not be of much help as my state of Queensland is one hour behind Sydney due to daylight saving. So the New South Wales - Sydney crowd may be of more help to you.
Cheers
Very sweet

Old 10-15-2018, 12:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Cheers

We'll all be looking to you Tarlita when they're on Fraser Island.

And seems they will be staying overnight.

Channel 7 this morning said all the media travelling with Harry and Meghan will be "kicked off" to give them a bit of alone time.

Kingfisher Resort seems to be the place they will hunker down.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I wasn't talking about other countries - only Australia. I didn't make that clear obviously.
Some of the Royal podcasts have already spoken on why they used commercial to get to Australia.

Charles and Camilla were just in Australia a few months back and had a fairly large tour so both the royals and the government wanted to try to keep the Australian leg of the tour much leaner especially as there is a resurgence in a republican sentiment recently.

Harry and Meghan are absolutely senior enough for charter and military flights but this time it was a very deliberate choice.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aha. I will try and do my best. I still think the Qld govt will take some koalas from Lone Pine sanctuary to Fraser Island so that H&M can be photographed having a cute cuddle. Especially as NSW no longer allows that. You know how fiercely competitive the two States are.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Aha. I will try and do my best. I still think the Qld govt will take some koalas from Lone Pine sanctuary to Fraser Island so that H&M can be photographed having a cute cuddle. Especially as NSW no longer allows that. You know how fiercely competitive the two States are.
You're right Tarlita - Harry and Meghan better have a better time in NSW than in Qld.

But at least we know they will have a better time in both our places than in Victoria!

And let's not even think of them going to NZ.

Some photos of them in wet Kirribilli this morning - excited and happy smiles on the locals' faces.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...ff4d?width=650

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...3fb0?width=650
Old 10-15-2018, 12:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
You're right Tarlita - Harry and Meghan better have a better time in NSW than in Qld.

But at least we know they will have a better time in both our places than in Victoria!

And let's not even think of them going to NZ.

Some photos of them in wet Kirribilli this morning - excited and happy smiles on the locals' faces.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...ff4d?width=650

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...3fb0?width=650
Sun Lion,

I hope you are not bagging Mexicans (Victorians) too much. Vic is still in my opinion, the best state in Aus to live in haha.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
Sun Lion,

I hope you are not bagging Mexicans (Victorians) too much. Vic is still in my opinion, the best state in Aus to live in haha.

Oops!

Sorry Axeyman.

I'm actually half Victorian myself, (and half Tassie - boy do we get bagged!)

Regards to the fine state of Victoria.

I'm really looking forward to the tram ride to the beach when the couple are in Melbourne.

Fingers crossed for a fine day. Cheers.

Yes, Harry and Meghan arrived on pickup day here in this suburb.

Not the weekly rubbish collection all neat and tidy in wheelie-bins, but the once a month day people put out their old mattresses and un-wanted junk.

(I think it's only monthly - we don't all have so many things, to throw away that much every fortnight. Hardly any houses here, mostly flat-dwellers.)

Glad Royals aren't too precious these days.

(How many times were those sheets ironed once they were actually on the bed?)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ve-Sydney.html
Old 10-15-2018, 01:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
Some of the Royal podcasts have already spoken on why they used commercial to get to Australia.

Charles and Camilla were just in Australia a few months back and had a fairly large tour so both the royals and the government wanted to try to keep the Australian leg of the tour much leaner especially as there is a resurgence in a republican sentiment recently.

Harry and Meghan are absolutely senior enough for charter and military flights but this time it was a very deliberate choice.
Camilla was here for 4 days - hardly that long.

Charles was here for 8 days.

Edward was here for over two weeks, though from the coverage you wouldn't know it anymore than we knew Andrew was here for that long last year when he was sixth in line to the throne - the same position Harry is now. Andrew was then and Harry is now a minor royal (and the fact that he may one day be the son and then brother of the monarch doesn't change that fact - after all Andrew IS the son of the monarch at the moment and has been a minor royal since William was born in 1982).
Old 10-15-2018, 02:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, Harry and Meghan arrived on pickup day here in this suburb.

Not the weekly rubbish collection all neat and tidy in wheelie-bins, but the once a month day people put out their old mattresses and un-wanted junk.

(I think it's only monthly - we don't all have so many things, to throw away that much every fortnight. Hardly any houses here, mostly flat-dwellers.)

Glad Royals aren't too precious these days.

(How many times were those sheets ironed once they were actually on the bed?)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ve-Sydney.html
Wow Sydney council organised that well! (Not). A lot of Aussies will be very cranky about one of our favourite cities looking so grotty to the rest of the world. Embarrassing. With the worlds media covering this visit.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really looking forward to this Tour!! The first one for a Newlywed Royal Couple is so special. . Especially looking forward to the Fiji stop & Meghan’s Solo Tour Debut. Not looking forward to the predictable comparisons between her & Kate, when she made those remarks at the Children’s Hospice twinned w/EACH for her first speech during a Tour when the Cambridges were Down Under. Hate it’s going to happen at all, but...Sigh!!

I really hope some of our Sydney Members will be attending the Invictus Games. Believe me, you will come away a changed person & be blown away by what you witness. Oh and quite possibly hooked on Para Sport too. I already was, but watching Wheelchair Rugby live for the first time last year, after watching it on Streams or TV for a few years!?! Made me an even bigger fan!! The hits they dish out & take...I was amazed the chairs didn’t fly apart at that instant.

Really, really looking forward to the coming days.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
And brilliant sun over the Harbour - how wonderful.

They're expected to take the most direct route to Admiralty House.

Eastern Distributor, Cahill Expressway and over the Bridge into the suburb of Kirribilli.

Great views of the Harbour for them.

Omid being interviewed again - saying Invictus Games are almost sold out and some suprise guests, friends of Harry coming.

I saw that picture of the Danish Royals holding up a flag with Invictus Games writte on it. Maybe Fred and Mary come to Sydney, too?
Old 10-15-2018, 04:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I saw that picture of the Danish Royals holding up a flag with Invictus Games writte on it. Maybe Fred and Mary come to Sydney, too?
That was a great photo Kataryn.

Only Frederik is meant to be coming to Sydney though.

I can't remember the actual dates, but for about six days.

Also reported as coming is Invictus Ambassador David Beckham, who will be running a soccer clinic.

The TV channels here in Australia said this morning that Victoria will be here too.

They also hinted that several well-known people will be popping up at the Games - people Harry knows personally.

Coming up to 6.00pm in the evening here now and the TV channels have had reporters outside the gates of Admiratly House all day and done live crossovers to them, but no sign of the couple since this morning.

And it's cold and windy now.

Lots of fun today, though nothing much really happened.

Busy, busy day tomorrow with so many events.

Looking forward to seeing more of the couple.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

Footage of Harry and Meghan strolling in the garden of Admiralty House has been taken.

And Harry was filmed sitting on the outside stone steps for ages have a great discussion with someone - Daily Mail has the footage.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...2vzN1uzJRkucGD

https://www.9news.com.au/videos/nati...270go1h48gcxqb

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/10/15...y-house-sydney

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...sU5xspekhZRfeK

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...00T6CTFHLEEtoE

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9588032527.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...fkHLAx_pacwL9k

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...DbvNvNViZhZOVd

Can't blame them, when its wasn't raining today, and before the wind got up, there were several periods of lovely and warm sunshine.

But no privacy at Admiralty House.

The garden at the front can be seen from a couple of streets - it's at an intersection.

One side has no garden - just a fence with a public walkway and steps.

The front and other side have lovely grounds, but anyone going by in a ferry can see what you're doing.

No helicopters though - they left early this morning after the couple went indoors.

And either Meghan bought her yoga mat with her - or had a pre-arrangement with a Sydney yoga teacher.

A lady was photographed entering Admiralty House yesterday carrying yoga gear.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's always so lovely to see them walk together hand in hand - thus, they share so much intimacy while communicating with each other - a good foundation for a marriage.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:40 AM
Royal Highness

Given Meghan's pregnancy, will she still travel to Tonga and Fiji?
Old 10-15-2018, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

KP says nothing has changed regarding the tour and Meghan will still travel to Tonga and Fiji.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Guys, don’t forget to post the links to the Live Coverage of the Royal Tour.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

We'll likely see the first photos of the couple post baby announcement in less than an hour!
Old 10-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
It's always so lovely to see them walk together hand in hand - thus, they share so much intimacy while communicating with each other - a good foundation for a marriage.
And now we know about the baby Kataryn - so lovely.

Better weather today - warm, but windy.

(Plenty of cloud about though to mess things up if the weather fairies want to play havoc.)

Have a great tour day fellow posters. I'm busy today, so will have to catch up on everything late.

Hope it all goes well - everyone will be congratulating the couple on the baby news.