Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More on the banana bread situation.

Hannah Furness

Verified account

@Hannah_Furness
Follow Follow @Hannah_Furness
More
Benita Woodley, one of the recipients, said of Meghan: “She said if you go to someone’s house you always bring something, so she did.
“She said she was worried about the bananas, that she’d put too many bananas in it. But the Duke said there’s never too many bananas.”

Being a huge fan of hot tea and banana bread I'd be thrilled if someone came to visit and brought me some!

LaRae

Hannah Furness

Verified account

@Hannah_Furness
More
The Duchess of Sussex is “running on adrenaline” as she undertakes her gruelling first major tour while pregnant, she has said, saying she is feeling “pretty well so far”.

7:31 PM - 16 Oct 2018

They look very relaxed to me all day. They can't stop holding hands either.

Whats on tonight? Any public dinner event?

Agree with Harry, can never have too many bananas :lol:

I have something in common with Meghan. My mom always said you never gone empty handed and banana bread is usually my go to. Nothing better then banana bread with tea or hot chocolate for me.

Love the photos of them sharing an umbrella. Sweet moments ?

Wonderful speech by Harry rain and all.

Well, it's time for me to go to bed in US. Please keep us updated on the afternoon's activities!

Well, it's time for me to go to bed in US. Please keep us updated on the afternoon's activities!

Rolling live crosses to Dubbo during the 3.00pm news here jacqui24 and the couple are still in Dubbo and have been at the school.

The kids have hit going home time right at this minute and are being "interviewed" at the school gates about their experiences of Harry and Meghan.

Rain has reached Sydney now, so the couple won't escape the wet when they leave.

I didn't see if Harry actually threw it -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...400000578-6283785-image-m-9_1539747473258.jpg

More shots of the banana bread - cut, and almost gone. And of Meghan handing over the tin of tea.

Love it - "Royal Blend" tea! :lol:

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/157192d2822e38cab914728f8f1acf7e?width=1024

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...C79SOgcA5CA7QzTP_BGsYK7Zmc0XPVEnMRTd5xWy94Jkk

https://i0.wp.com/www.habaricloud.t...on-outback-station-8.jpg?resize=962,717&ssl=1

Last edited:
One of the embargoed engagements is for today. Don't know why this would be embargoed though?

Omid Scobie

Verified account

@scobie
Following Following @scobie
More
Duchess Meghan at an engagement that was embargoed until today - meeting pupils from the Girls Academy at @DubboCollege. The school has been working to improve the education outcomes of young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. #RoyalTour

Maybe embargoed because of security concerns?

Do you think they will fly from Dubbo to Melbourne tonight, have a relaxing night there so they are refreshed for a full day tomorrow? In terms of travel distances this would make more sense than flying back to Sydney and then flying to Melbourne tomorrow morning..?

Do you think they will fly from Dubbo to Melbourne tonight, have a relaxing night there so they are refreshed for a full day tomorrow? In terms of travel distances this would make more sense than flying back to Sydney and then flying to Melbourne tomorrow morning..?

No AnnaNotherThing - Axeyman said they are at Admiralty House until the overnight trip on Fraser Island next week.

And there is now a helicopter that's hovering again - just coming up to 5.00pm here, so I think they've just arrived back from the airport.

Harry putting a doggie through it's paces -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6283785-image-a-14_1539750255369.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6283785-image-a-12_1539750252381.jpg

More love under the umbrella moments -

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/...-3-20002.jpg?w=2000&w=1400&c=sc&poi=face&q=70

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/...-meghan-9-20001.jpg&w=2200&c=sc&poi=face&q=70

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...BOwjZ9QaPP57R7H8HyIpO5sxSuDsoa7TFYTRVEreUo1kX

And that banana bread is going to end up with it's own facebook account -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ad-lunch-locals-joins-Prince-Harry-Dubbo.html

Last edited by a moderator:
No engagements tonight as far as I know.

Thank you for that.
Well the media should be happy. Yesterday the highlight was Daphne Dunne and todays highlight was the little Luke Vincent. Media like little good news stories like these.
Sure was a big crowd in Dubbo and not a swooping magpie in sight. It is magpie season here.
The Royal Blend Tea and banana bread from The Duchess was a nice down to earth touch. Country people always used to arrive with a plate of food when invited. Not sure how many country ladies still carry on this tradition. It is just considered as being polite. Especially as shops are so far away.

I have been fortunate enough to attend many Melbourne Cup parties where the food was a veritable 5 star banquet, when we all brought food. Fantastic living out in the bush most of the time. Country ladies especially are very organised.

They look so happy together great to see , I’m really enjoying the tour so far x x

Just another bit of trivia. 5 year old Luke was with his School Principle not his mum. Bet his mum is surprised and super proud now she has a little star.

Last edited:
It looks like the Sussex duo a going to be the perfect Commonwealth Ambassadors for all ages. I know people get twitchy when Meghan mixed race is mentioned, but as we saw today, that can be the ultimate icebreaker.

Those girls absolutely adore her and she is so into raising up strong, educated young women, she is living proof of what you can achieve. I loved when one of the girls said she wanted to be a Social worker, Megan was so proud when she said that was what her Mom was and extolled the rewarding career.

Last edited:
Lots of good photos from the tour. How is it that these are just as sickeningly sweet under separate umbrellas as they are under the same umbrella? :lol:

Speaking of the mixed race issue, this came from Emily Andrews after the visit:

Emily Andrews

Verified account

@byEmilyAndrews
Following Following @byEmilyAndrews
More
Schoolgirl Kieasha Ross, 17, said: “Us being Aboriginal girls and her being of a different race and being accepted into the Royal Family shows us anyone can be accepted.
“It’s great that someone who’s bi-racial and American can do this.
“It makes her a role model.”

It just isn't fair to me when I log on and start reading of the day's adventures in Dubbo and in post after post, there's mentions of banana bread. That starts my craving early in the day and now I want banana bread with a strong cup of the strong Earl Grey blend I have with extra bergemot. I do have bananas but not enough to make banana bread. Close enough! :D

I think its possible that banana bread is something that both Harry and Meghan enjoy together. Perhaps she made it for Harry when they were first starting to get to know each other. Remember her spooning bananas on her IG account?

I'm also seeing Harry and Meghan adapting to this Down Under tour like a duck takes to water. Just reading the various reports here on TRF, it reinforces my belief that the people, in general, in Australia are a laid back, friendly and open sort of people that are really making Harry and Meghan feel welcomed wherever they go and from what we've seen, Harry and Meghan, themselves, are eager to get out there and interact with the people as much as they can. There's no differentiating between "royal" and "people". Its like everyone is a Luke Vincent and out to have a good time with each other along with seeing and meeting Harry and Meghan.

Thank you so much to our Australian friends here on TRF that have made this tour seem like we're almost there in the middle of it instead of thousands of miles away. We're living this tour vicariously through you! :flowers:

I hear ya..it's banana bread season! I need to get some. The problem is keeping the grandkids out of them until I get get them the right color for making the banana bread! lol

LaRae

I have to laugh. When my kids were small, it was impossible to keep bananas to get to the right color to make banana bread. For the most part, the bananas were gone before I got all the groceries unpacked. My dad used to stop by and visit the kids every now and then and he'd never bring cookies or sweets for them but a big bunch of bananas for the "little monkeys"

Bananas are the perfect food. I just keep thinking too that there's a special link between Harry and Meghan and bananas. Now I'm going to be watching the tour even closer and see if anyone gifts them bunches of bananas. That'd be so cool even if the couple couldn't actually accept and eat said bananas.

When she dropped the bread off yesterday she said something about Harry wanting more bananas in them or making sure there were more bananas in them etc.

LaRae

When she dropped the bread off yesterday she said something about Harry wanting more bananas in them or making sure there were more bananas in them etc.

LaRae

She said she was afraid she put too many bananas in, and Harry said you can never have too much bananas. I have no doubt she's made it at home before. It's well known that Harry loves bananas.

They received a stuffed bull and stuffed teddy bear yesterday for the baby. They are going to have a stuff zoo by the end of this tour.:lol:

:previous: Perhaps even a collection large enough that it will require a separate jet to fly them all back to the UK. Wonder if they'll be required to wear seat belts? :lol:

My guess though is that the majority of the stuffed animals that Harry and Meghan receive will eventually be donated to children's wards in various hospitals.

I figure they will keep a couple of them and donate the rest...can't imagine where they'd keep them all!

LaRae

More on the banana bread situation.

Hannah Furness

Verified account

@Hannah_Furness
More
Benita Woodley, one of the recipients, said of Meghan: “She said if you go to someone’s house you always bring something, so she did.
“She said she was worried about the bananas, that she’d put too many bananas in it. But the Duke said there’s never too many bananas.”

Sounds like Harry is a huge fan!! LOL

I figure they will keep a couple of them and donate the rest...can't imagine where they'd keep them all!

LaRae

They’ll keep the “official” gifts for sure, at least for posterity—remember the photos of the rocking horse and George in his pjs meeting the Obamas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom