The Crown Prince Wedding in Denmark News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie week in leadup to wedding
From correspondents in London
April 14, 2004

THERE'LL be no mistaking Mary Donalsdon's origins when a festive week of Australiana helps Copenhagen celebrate the Hobart commoner's wedding to Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik next month.

Donaldson's pre-wedding nerves should ease a little during a week-long festival before the May 14 royal wedding which includes an Australian sporting icon and the best of the country's music, food and wine.

The former Hobart lawyer and the heir to the 1000-year-old Danish throne will let their hair down on Friday May 6 at Copenhagen's Parken Stadium with 45,000 others at Rock and Royal, a concert headlined by the royal couple's favourite band Powderfinger and also featuring Aboriginal performers.

Two days later, Frederik, an accomplished sailor, will go head to head on Copenhagen Harbour in a yacht race against America's Cup winning Australia II skipper John Bertrand who will have the princess-in-waiting among his four-person crew.

During the week leading up to the wedding, Sydney chef Luke Mangan will cook at the Danish capital's michelin rated Restaurationen restaurant and prepare dishes for one of the official midweek palace dinners.

And Tasmania's Derwent Valley Concert Band will perform on the day of the wedding in the streets of Copenhagen, while Sydney string ensemble, the Tankstream Quartet will play for guests as they arrive at the reception at Fredensborg Palace.

The Tankstream Quartet will also put on a public concert and appear on Danish television and radio.

Thanks to the much-loved Donaldson, who met the prince at a Sydney pub during the 2000 Olympics, Denmark is being exposed to more of Australia than ever before.

"There is a significant increase in interest in Australia," said Australia's ambassador in Copenhagen Matthew Peek.

"I'd like to think it would translate into seriously increased trade and investment but I think that might be unduly optimistic.

"There's a few niche markets - some Tasmanian wines are doing particularly well in Denmark - the trick for them is to hold on after the initial enthusiasm passes, but I think there's a reasonable chance of that.

"Where we are going to benefit is the number of Danes going to Australia on holiday. The profile really has been raised."

Governor General Michael Jeffery and Tasmanian governor Richard Butler are expected to announce this week whether they will accept their invitations as Australia's representatives to Europe's biggest wedding of the year.

Invitations are jealously sought after, with 800 guests to squeeze into Copenhagen Cathedral but only 400 invited to the reception dinner at Fredensborg Palace, just north of the capital.

Every royal family in Europe has received an invitation, along with the crown prince of Japan, while Icelandic president Olafur Ragnar Grimsson and France's Jacques Chirac are rumoured to be the only political heads of state invited.

With so many leaders present, security has become paramount, especially in a city where hundreds of thousands of royal-loving Danes are expected to line the streets and fill Amalienborg Square in the heart of Copenhagen to greet the married couple.

"It's going to be a security challenge for them. You can't have a populace wedding without letting the populace get reasonably close," Peek said.

Danish police announced after the terrorist bombings in Madrid last month that security had been stepped up.

Link: The Australian

Thanks Sean.~ for the link.

{dead link removed - Elspeth}
http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?id=58808

"Schedule of the Royal Wedding

The wedding of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Miss Mary Elizabeth Donaldson, etc.

Tuesday 11 May
Evening
Dinner at Christiansborg Palace

Wednesday 12 May
Reception at Copenhagen City Hall

Thursday 13 May
Morning
Reception in the Folketing, the Danish Parliament

Evening
Gala Performance at the Royal Theatre

Friday 14 May
4:00 PM
Wedding at Copenhagen Cathedral

The Royal Couple to drive by horse-drawn carriage from Copenhagen Cathedral to Amalienborg Palace

The Royal Couple to appear on the balcony of Christian VII’s Palace

Evening
Wedding Banquet at Fredenborg Palace."

Now the important question,
what is the preference among the viewers at this site, as to the event that has the most appeal (what you would 'kill for', to be a given a ticket to attend) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that the swedish family will travel back home the day before the wedding to celabrate Carl Philip 25th birthday to travel back the day of the wedding... so they may miss a gala dinner....

Josefine  Posted: Apr 19th, 2004 - 8:38 am

I read somewhere that the swedish family will travel back home the day before the wedding to celabrate Carl Philip 25th birthday to travel back the day of the wedding... so they may miss a gala dinner....

Compromises, compromises, compromises ....... hmmmmm, I wonder if I should demote the RF of Sweden from (n+2)-th place to (n+1)-th place in the grand scheme of my ranking of RF's???

Kronprinz Frederik erwartet 800 Hochzeitsgäste
Zum Essen kommt nur die Hälfte

Zur Hochzeit von Kronprinz Frederik (35) und der Austalierin Mary Donaldson (32) erwartet Dänemarks Königshaus 800 offizielle Gäste. Wie der Hof in Kopenhagen am Montag bestätigte, sind so viele Plätze für die Trauung am 14. Mai in der Domkirche der dänischen Hauptstadt vergeben worden. Für das Galaessen in einem 1.400 Quadratmeter großen Festzelt im Park von Schloss Fredensborg nordwestlich von Kopenhagen allerdings wird diese Zahl aus Platzgründen halbiert.

Aus Sicherheitsgründen will der Hof die Namen der aus anderen europäischen Königshäusern anreisenden Regenten nebst Anhang erst am Tag der Trauung veröffentlichen. Dies sei eine der Konsequenzen nach den Terroranschlägen in Madrid, hieß es weiter. Bekannt gegeben wurde schon jetzt, dass der königliche Kopenhagener Hofkoch Takashi Kondo das Hochzeitsessen anrichten soll. Insgesamt sind diverse Feiern und Veranstaltungen aller Art über eine Woche vorgesehen, darunter eine Segelregatta im Kopenhagener Hafen, bei der die Brautleute ihre sportlichen Fähigkeiten im Wettstreit gegeneinander erproben wollen.

dpa
vorherige News nächste News

amazing: only 800 guests, mabel and friso expect 1400 and the galadinner will only seat 400. can that be true?
indeed: foreign head of state are not announced in advance, security consequence from madrid bombing.

karolinabraganza  Posted: Apr 20th, 2004 - 9:37 am
amazing: only 800 guests ....and the galadinner will only seat 400.

If mabel and frisco expect 1400, how many will they be wining and dining? - only about half ?

BTW .... between Mabel & Friso, CP Fred and CP Felipe, that must an awful lot of guests !!! Surely they can squeeze me in there somewhere. :flower: :innocent:

www.denmark.dk

800 to attend Royal Wedding

Some 800 crowned heads and VIPs will attend next month's Royal Wedding

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will host royal VIPs from across Europe when Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson say "I Do" on 14 May. Some 800 guests are expected to fill the pews at Copenhagen Cathedral, Vor Frue Kirke, half of whom have also been invited to the wedding dinner in a 1400-square-metre tent behind Fredensborg Palace.

An official dinner for 330 guests is planned on the eve of the wedding at Christiansborg Palace, with a command performance at the Royal Theatre for 1200 invitees. A bevy of private parties, dinners and lunches are also planned in connection with the wedding.

Royals and selected heads of state from throughout Europe have been invited, but due to security concerns in the wake of last month's Madrid terror bombings, the Royal Court will not release the names of those scheduled to attend until the day of the wedding.

"For many reasons, including security concerns, we will not disclose the names of royal family members scheduled to attend. It isn't entirely clear at the moment who's coming, as these families are large and we don't know how many to expect from each branch," said Lis M. Frederiksen, press director for the Royal Court.

The festivities will get underway on Tuesday 11 May, when 330 guests will toast the Crown Prince and Mary at an official dinner at Christiansborg Palace's Hall of Knights. While the Royal Family's official chief, Takashi Kondo, will be responsible for the wedding day menu, the food will be delivered by an outside caterer.

www.denmark.dk

Germans mad about Mary

There's nothing like a royal wedding to boost tabloid sales, according to Germany's leading gossip glossy, Bunte

Mary is the absolute superstar of the Danish royal family, and she and Crown Prince Frederik are a real dream couple who are certain to provide us with some absolutely fantastic wedding pictures," said Stefan Blatt, chief reporter at Germany's largest gossip glossy, Bunte. Blatt spoke with Ritzau news bureau over the Easter weekend, to explain why he's booked an entire week in Copenhagen to cover the 14 May nuptials of Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson.

"Weddings are always good copy--much better than royal births. And now that the Spaniards have dropped a lot of the festivities surrounding Crown Prince Felipe's wedding due to the commuter train bombings in Madrid, our coverage of the Danish royal wedding will be that much greater," Blatt told Ritzau.

Bunte, with its weekly circulation of 727,800 and 4.74 million readers, is investing heavily in the Danish royal wedding, and has already designated a front page and several inside pages to tabloid coverage of the wedding. The impending ceremony will be given a major four-page spread in one of Bunte's upcoming editions.

Public interest in the Danish royal wedding has reached such a fever pitch in Germany that both of the country's public service television channels, ARD and ZDF, will broadcast live from the ceremony at Copenhagen Cathedral, Vor Frue Kirke. The bridal couple already enjoys a relatively high profile with the rest of the German press, which has reported on wedding preparations, Mary Donaldson's application for Danish citizenship, and the "manure-free" day adopted by pork farmers in Kolding to make sure the big day goes off "without a stink."

and one last wedding-related story from www.denmark.dk.

i think we shouldnt only concentrate on dress, invitees, orders, locations, number of guests, flowers etc. but: what are the economical and social impacts of a such a wedding also beyong denmark's borders? to read all this i have to say, it is amazing what dynamics it can have.

Frederik and Mary may not be tourist trappers

Experience from Norway's 2001 Crown Prince wedding indicates that next month's Danish bash may not be a boon for tourism

All sails set: Foreign journalists will flock to the country, and images of Denmark will be beamed across media outlets around the world in the run-up to next month's Royal Wedding of Crown Prince Frederik and Australian commoner Mary Donaldson.

Capital city tourist promoter Wonderful Copenhagen is using the royal nuptials as a springboard for a major marketing promotion, but spokesmen for the group are tight-lipped about the prospects for making a royal mint on the festivities.

"It's extremely difficult to say what kind of significance the wedding will have, so it's hard to devise a real image-effect," said Mette Dahl-Jensen, information director at Wonderful Copenhagen.

Norway was eager for a similar boost in tourism after Crown Prince Haakon's controversial August 2001 wedding to single mum Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby. According to Norwegian Tourist Council communications director Per-Arne Tüftin, the Norwegian Royal Wedding failed to draw tourists in exorbitant numbers, as promoters had hoped.

"There was heightened coverage of Norway in quite a few countries, but no more tourists actually came to Norway for that reason alone," Tüftin told Ritzau news bureau.

Tribute to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess-to-be on 5 May 2004
On the day of the Liberation of Denmark in 1945, the Danish Defence will pay tribute to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess-to-be by means of a parade and an exhibition.

The Danish Defence wishes to celebrate the forthcoming wedding, especially because of HRH Crown Prince Frederik’s close connection with the Defence. The Crown Prince has an impressive military education, and he has been through a very comprehensive programme, which means that large sections of the Defence have had contact with Crown Prince Frederik.

The parade and the exhibition will take place on Langeliniekajen, which will be open to the general public throughout Wednesday on 5 May 2004 from 09.00 - 21.00.

In addition to the parade, Langeliniekajen will hold materiel, exhibitions, activities and displays. May 5th 2004 will be an event for both adults and children.

In the morning, Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson and the Royal Family will attend the parade, which will take place on land, at sea and in the air. The tribute to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess-to-be will resemble the event that took place in 1967, when HM The Queen married HRH The Prince Consort.

Wednesday, May 5th 2004 is also the day when Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson will receive the gift presented by the Danish Defence and its personnel.

Any questions relating to the events of the day should be addressed to Captain Henrik Gram Pedersen, phone: + 45 4567 3035.

Programme for Wednesday, May 5th

09.00 Exhibition area on Langeliniekajen to open to the public

10.00 Entertainment and display by Danish military bands on Langeliniekajen.

10.45 HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson to arrive at Ndr. Toldbod and to go by barge to the Royal Yacht Dannebrog. A 21-gun salute to be fired from the Sixtus Battery, Ndr. Toldbod.

11.15 The Army, the Navy, the Air Force and the Home Guard to salute HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson on land, at sea and in the air.

12.15 Reception on board the mine layer MØEN for invited persons. The Royal Danish Naval Band will perform on Langeliniekajen.

12.15 The exhibition will present open naval vessels, vehicles, helicopters, working stands, the opportunity of trying out military skills as well as displays on Langeliniekajen.

21.00 Exhibitions to close.

Rock 'n' Royal in the Park
On the initiative of HRH Crown Prince Frederik, a rock concert will be held in connection with the forthcoming wedding between HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson. The concert will take place in the Park in Copenhagen on 7 May 2004.

Among those billed to appear are D*A*D, TV2 and Sanne Salomonsen. A total of five to six bands and a number of soloists are expected to perform. The entire programme will be made public on a later date.

The humanitarian organisation, “Save the Children”, has organised the concert. All the proceeds of the event will benefit the activities of Save the Children. HRH The Crown Prince is the patron for Save the Children in Denmark.

The Rock´n´Royal event is a gift to Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson presented by eight private sponsors. The Park holds an audience of approx 40,000.

Match race in the Port of Copenhagen on 9 May 2004
The stage will be set for an international match race between Denmark and Australia when the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess-to-be participate in a match race in the Port of Copenhagen on Sunday 9 May 2004.

HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson will be ready to hoist the sails on their respective boats when the two yachtsmen, Jesper Bank from Denmark and John Bertrand from Australia, meet for a match race on the occasion of the forthcoming wedding.

The event will take place in Copenhagen North Harbour, off Langelinie. Activities will commence at 10:00 AM and end at 15:00 PM.

The organisers of the match race are the City of Copenhagen, Wonderful Copenhagen and the Port of Copenhagen.

The final programme will be available on the website of Wonderful Copenhagen.

I don't know if the wedding will increase tourism. But it will probally increase the profile of Denmark. I think the reason in Norway it didn't increase tourism could be partly due to the fact that Mette Marit was Norwegian and not from another country. Perhaps Mary being from Australia will help both nations heighten their prospective profiles.

I think it will increase Australian visitors to Denmark because you got to figure that Aussies will make sure to visit Denmark because it is so far away. I mean they may be coming to Germany or another country and since they are in the "neighborhood", they will probably stop by in Denmark anyway since it is a long way from home. And Mary will charm the Danes and Australia being one of the more uniques places on the planet will probably receive an increase in visitors from Denmark as well.

Thanks for all your posts, karolinabraganza. Its nice to read fact every once in the while.

I think Oslo had a poor visitation due to topography favouring the home crowd.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a "crush" in Copenhagen, given the nearer proximity to intercontinental trains, lots of water, balloons .....

HI,
okay a bit desperate here..but, i was wondering whether anyone would be willing to tape for me the wedding and all the festivities next month?
i'll pay for the tapes and postage off course :p
It's just that i don't think the tv stations here are going to air it live.
so, if anyone can, it would be a tremendous help for me.

Thanks,
Mela :flower:

sarkastik-devil I hope you got my email but their is a problem with one of my video players so i am sorry for that, one of my children did it a couple of days ago so please don''t get angry with i am upset about.
billie-jo

i haven't actually check my email yet, but,it's okay and thanks billie-jo,
i'm the one who should be sorry for troubling you . :)

anyway...Could anyone help me?i'm a lil' tiny bit desperate here :p

There is a special page in hellomagazine.com which is entitled, "A Danish Love Story." I am posting the details here so that there is no need for LTR members and visitors to go to hellomagazine which would cost more time.

:rolleyes:

A Danish Love Story

Behind the scenes at Frederick and Mary's Wedding

Royal-watchers throughout the world are eagerly awaiting May 14, when Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik will walk down the aisle with his Australian fiancée Mary Donaldson. The city of Copenhagen, meanwhile, is preparing itself for what promises to be the party of the decade. In this special report we get to know the couple who have captivated a nation and what lies in store for them on their big day.

Falling in Love

Frederik first set eyes on Tasmanian-born marketing executive Mary Donaldson at the Sydney Olympics in 2000. They had arrived in a hotel bar with different groups of friends, and the crown prince introduced himself simply as "Fred" when they met. Before long the two were engrossed in conversation and they started dating soon afterwards. Over the next three years they grew increasingly close and, in April 2003, Queen Margrethe formally acknowledged what the Danish press had already guessed – the heir to the throne had fallen in love. Reflecting on their romance, Mary says she and her husband-to-be enjoy a "connection of the mind" as well as having great fun together. They also share a love of outdoor pursuits, which will be much in evidence when they compete against each other in the Danish Royal Regatta, just a few days before making their vows.

Fred and Mary

Homes Sweet Homes

Up until now Frederik's main city base has been an apartment on the top floor of Christina VIII Palace in Copenhagen's Amalienborg, but after their wedding the couple will move into a more spacious residence at nearby Christian VII Palace. He and Mary also have at their disposal Chancellory House, an annex to the beautiful 18th-century baroque Fredensborg Castle 20 miles north of the capital. Surrounded by extensive gardens featuring avenues laid out in a star-shaped formation, the low-slung, white buildings offer the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. But it is expected the pair will spend most of their time at the Renaissance-style, sandstone mansion in the capital.

Fredensborg Slot

Historic Setting

Mary and Frederik will make their vows in one of the city's most majestic and historically-significant buildings. Copenhagen's cathedral, Vor Frue Kirke, takes pride in the fact that it is a fully functioning church and not just a monument. The current neo-classical building was consecrated in 1829, but a church has stood on the site since 1209. Over the centuries it has played host to numerous royal weddings, while surviving the upheavals of Denmark's often troubled history. It has been destroyed twice by fire - once in 1314 and again in 1728 - and had to be completely rebuilt. Then, during the Napoleonic wars, the English Navy used its spire as a sighting point, destroying the cathedral once again. On each occasion the people of Denmark resolutely reconstructed the building which has for so long played a central role in Danish life.

Copenhagen Cathedral

Dressed to Impress

Frederik will adhere to tradition by wearing a Royal Navy uniform when he walks down the aisle on May 14; the details of his fiancée's gown, on the other hand, remain a closely guarded secret. There has been intense media speculation as to whom is designing the dress, with celebrated Danish designer Uffe Frank thought to be the most likely contender. Frank, who works with Valentino, created the gown Queen Margrethe II wore for her 60th birthday a few years ago. While Mary's dress is shrouded in mystery, the veil she is expected to pledge her troth in is one worn by Queen Ingrid, and her three daughters Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie at their weddings. A Cartier tiara, which has put in an appearance at the nuptials of Ana María, Margarita and Benedikte, is likewise predicted to feature in the ceremony.

veil worn by Queen Margrethe during her wedding

The Big Day

Royal wedding planners are aiming to make sure May 14 lives forever in the memories of the Danish people. By the time the morning of the big day arrives, authorities will have completed weeks of preparations to ready the city for the many thousands of well-wishers expected to line its streets. A roll-call of European royals and top dignitaries from both Australia and Europe will meanwhile take their seats in Copenhagen Cathedral to witness the happy couple exchange their vows at 4pm. As soon as the ceremony is completed, a horse-drawn carriage is to convey the newlyweds through the streets of the capital and on to the palace complex at Amalienborg where they are to appear on the balcony. There they will have a few moments to catch their breath before being whisked off to Fredensborg Castle for a lavish wedding banquet.

the cheering crowd

Four-Day Party

Denmark is already gearing up for what promises to be the biggest celebration in its history. The festivities, which take place over several days, begin with a state dinner at Christianborg Palace on Tuesday, May 11, followed by another lavish function at the Copenhagen Town Hall hosted by the city's mayor. The country's leading politicians are also intent on feting the couple, mounting another banquet on the morning of May 13 in the Parliament buildings. That evening, on the eve of their big day, Frederik and Mary are to attend a gala performance at the Royal Theatre. The biggest party of them all, however, will of course be staged immediately after the wedding ceremony.

Gala Dinner during the Romanian State Visit

Minted Memories

One of the ways Denmark aims to make sure the wedding is truly memorable is through some unique souvenirs. A collector's coin, bearing the images of both Frederik and Mary, will be available in banks from May 10, and the post office is also weighing in with a stamp to mark the occasion. Danish brewing giant Carlsberg is meanwhile making its own contribution, producing a special beer for the big day. Carlsberg Crown combines hops from Mary's Tasmanian homeland with malt and barley grown by Frederik's brother, Prince Joachim. "The Tasmanian hops add a floral aroma and a pleasant after taste to the beer," reveals a spokesman.

Commemorative Coin

If you want to see the special edition of hellomagazine on the upcoming wedding,
click on the item below ;)

A Danish Love Story

April 26, 2004 - TV 2

Wedding Makes People Cancel Hospital Visit

Hospitals in Copenhagen have a difficult time getting people for out-patient examinations on May 14th, the day of HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Ms. Mary Donaldson's wedding. "When we call in people on May 14th, they say they cannot come on that date. And we're not the only ones being rejected. We've discussed the matter at a management meeting, and it seems to be a general problem at the hospitals in the capital," chief nurse Kim Bo Christensen, orthopaedic surgical ward on Bispebjerg Hospital, says to the daily newspaper metroXpress.

Well, that just shows that Danes do care for their future king and queen's wedding.
It's like they would cancel everything just to be able to see the wedding and join the celebrations. :lol:

Coach Rides Following The Wedding Ceremony

Fine Weather in Copenhagen: After the wedding ceremony at Copenhagen Cathedral, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess will ride to Amalienborg Palace in a horse-drawn carriage known as a Barouche. It was built by Jos Neuss in Berlin in 1906. This coach was also used at the wedding of the Heir Apparent, Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Consort on 10 June 1967. Six Kladruber horses, to be driven á la Daumont, will draw the coach. Furthermore, the outriders, Royal Coachman Ole Mortensen and Royal Coachman Henrik Steinmann, will use another two Kladruber horses. The postilion riders will be Royal Head Coachman Jens Christiansen, Royal Coachman Erik Kofoed and Royal Coachman Poul Erik Petersen. Royal Footman Torben Nielsen and Royal Footman Jørn Müller will be in the footmen’s seat. The Royal Danish Guard Hussar Regiment will escort the newly married Crown Prince and Crown Princess from Copenhagen Cathedral to Amalienborg Palace. The escort will include the Regiment’s standard and 48 horses. The hussars will wear the red full-dress uniform. Colonel J. Kidde-Hansen, Chamberlain, Commanding Officer of the Royal Danish Guard Hussar Regiment will ride behind the coach together with the Commandant of Copenhagen.

Bad Weather in Copenhagen: After the wedding ceremony at Copenhagen Cathedral, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess will ride to Amalienborg Palace in the Golden State Coach. It is plated with twenty-four-carat gold leaf and was built by wheelwright Henry Fife in 1840. Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Consort use the coach in connection with the New Year levee. Six Kladruber horses, to be driven á la Daumont, will draw the coach. Furthermore, the outriders, Royal Coachman Ole Mortensen and Royal Coachman Henrik Steinmann, will use another two Kladruber horses. Royal Head Coachman Jens Christiansen will drive the coach and the postilion rider will be Royal Coachman Poul Erik Petersen, who will ride the left leaders. Royal Footman Torben Nielsen and Royal Footman Jørn Müller will be in the footmen’s seat. The Royal Danish Guard Hussar Regiment will escort the newly married Crown Prince and Crown Princess from Copenhagen Cathedral to Amalienborg Palace. The escort will include the Regiment’s standard and 48 horses. The hussars will wear the red full-dress uniform. Colonel J. Kidde-Hansen, Chamberlain, Commanding Officer of the Royal Danish Guard Hussar Regiment will ride behind the coach together with the Commandant of Copenhagen.

Fine Weather at Fredensborg: At Fredensborg, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess will ride in His Royal Highness The Prince Consort’s Landau, which was built in 1889. Four Oldenburg horses will draw the coach. Furthermore, the outriders will use another two Oldenburg horses. Royal Coachman Jørgen Konge will drive the Landau, and the outriders will be Royal Coachman Ole Mortensen and Royal Coachman Henrik Steinmann. A number of 60 mounted members of Danish Riding Association clubs in Northern Zealand will escort the coach. The horsemen will wear the riding jackets of their respective clubs and bring their own colours.

Bad Weather at Fredensborg: At Fredensborg, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess will ride in the Golden Wedding Coach. The coach was also used at the wedding of His Royal Highness Prince Joachim and Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra on 18 November 1995. The coach was a gift presented by Copenhagen craftsmen on the occasion of the golden wedding of King Christian IX and Queen Louise in 1892. Four Oldenburg horses will draw the coach. Furthermore, the outriders will use another two Oldenburg horses. Royal Coachman Jørgen Konge will drive the Golden Wedding Coach and the outriders will be Royal Coachman Ole Mortensen and Royal Coachman Henrik Steinmann. A number of 60 mounted members of Danish Riding Association clubs in Northern Zealand will escort the coach. The horsemen will wear the riding jackets of their respective clubs and bring their own colours.

Source: Ademar from Glittering Royal Events

Routes of Coach Rides Following The Wedding Ceremony

After the wedding ceremony at Copenhagen Cathedral, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess will ride in a horse-drawn carriage along Nørregade and turn left down Nørre Voldgade. At Jamers Plads, the coach will turn to the left and proceed along H.C. Andersens Boulevard, cut across the City Hall Square and continue down the Pedestrian Street i.e. Frederiksberggade, Nygade, Vimmelskaftet, Amagertorv og Østergade. The coach will turn to the right, pass the Royal Theatre at Kongens Nytorv and proceed down Bredgade. At Fredericiagade, the coach will turn right and continue to Christian VII's Palace in Amalienborg Palace Square. Shortly after, the newly married Crown Prince and Crown Princess will appear on the balcony. Furthermore, the newly married Crown Prince and Crown Princess will ride in a horse-drawn carriage along Slotsgade to Fredensborg Palace, where the wedding banquet will be held.

Map of Routes:
http://download.tdc.dk/pub/kongehuset/kare...aretrute_01.gif
Source: Ademar from Glittering Royal Events

Well, that just shows that Danes do care for their future king and queen's wedding. It's like they would cancel everything just to be able to see the wedding and join the celebrations.

It's probably the most anticipated royal wedding of the year!

HM Queen Sofia of Spain attended with HRH Crown Prince Felipe some royal weddings:

1998, Graasten (Denmark) - HH Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
1999, Brussels - HRH Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium
2001, Oslo - HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
2002, Amsterdam - HRH Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands

So, even Letizia Ortiz will attend this wedding in Copenhagen, it's possible HM Queen Sofia attended it too.

European ruling monarchs who will not attend:
HM King Juan Carlos of Spain
HM Queen Elizabeth II of Great-Britain
HSH Prince Rainier III of Monaco
HSH Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein

I think HM Queen Beatrix I would not attend due to the recent death of her mother HM Queen Juliana I.

A little correction:

HM Queen Sofia and HRH Crown Prince Felipe attended together the wedding of the TRH Crown Princes Philippe, Haakon and Willem-Alexander.
HRH Crown Prince Felipe didn't attended the wedding of HH Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

April 24, 2004 - The Age Australia
Written By: Rachel Wells

SBS Set For Royal Wedding

When Australia's own Cinderella, Mary Donaldson, marries Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik on May 14, Australian audiences won't miss a thing. SBS will screen a special three-part program, including live coverage of the wedding ceremony.

"This is equivalent of our very own Lady Di," said SBS programmer Matt Campbell. "The whole of Australia is fascinated by this story." On Friday May 14, from 11:00pm, Victorians will be able to watch live footage of the royal couple as they exchange vows and, take a carriage ride through the streets of Copenhagen. The SBS coverage will continue from 7:00am the next day. There will be two hours of highlights at 7:30pm.

Marriage counselling for future queen

DENMARK'S Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian wife-to-be, Mary Donaldson, are receiving pre-nuptial counselling ahead of their May 14 wedding....

link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom