The Crown Prince Wedding in Denmark News

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to see a set of photos like the ones released for Willem and Maxima and Constantijn and Laurentien before their wedding. There was a wide variety and range to them.

They're getting some great stuff, thanks for the pictures!
About the castle, will they own it, or have exclusive rights to use it/live in it? And is this a summer home/castle or a main living area? Didn't Frederik already get a castle?

The Queen has the right of liberty of Amalienbrog Palace, parts of Christiansborg Castle, Sorgenfri Castle, Graasten Castle, and the hunting seat of Erimitagen. Marselisborg Castle, the hunting lodge at Trend, and Château de Caïx in France are privately owned. Schackenborg Castle is also private, being owned by Prince Joachim. The prince took over Schackenborg Castle at the age of nine from the last Count Schack, who was childless.

Amalienbrog Palace is the Queens official residence. Amalienborg Palace consists of four palaces: Christian VII Palace, Christian VIII Palace, Christian IX Palace, and Frederik VIII Palace. All four palaces are arranged around a statue of Frederik V, the king who initiated the works on Amalienborg Palace. The palaces were all built between 1750 and 1760. The kings and queens of Denmark bought the palaces in 1794 and started using them as their residences after a fire engulfed Christiansborg Castle.

Graasten Castle is a wedding present the Queen gave to her son and future daughter-in-law. Graasten Castle will be the summer residence of the Crown Prince and Princess. Once they become husband and wife, the Crown Prince and Princess, will temporarily reside in Fredensborg Castle until renovations are complete in Christian VII Palace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll gladly take some of that stuff off their hands :p

Really, I wonder what they do with it all? I'm sure half of it is probably never used. Do they just keep it, donate it, give it to others, stick it in a storage shed.

That's a good question Gabriella. I'm sure stuff like dishes, furniture (if it's not too outrageous) can be used in one of their homes. But other things, well, not so much.
I wonder what's the most outlandish gift they'll recieve?

The people of Denmark gave Frederik and Mary porcelain china. In 1995, the people of Denmark gave Joachim and Alexandra 13 million DKK. The couple used the money to renovate their official residence, Schackenborg Castle.

Something just seems odd about that...
The second in line gets money, the Crown Prince gets dishes?

There's nothing odd about that. The Crown Prince won't need the money once he becomes King.

True enough, but, still. (I'm the oldest in my family, and I'd feel odd if my sister got a very nice amount of money, and I got dishes. Of course, I am a klutz, so that could have something to do with my bias).

I doubt the Crown Prince would feel odd. Besides, he and his bride-to-be will have many castles at their disposal, especially once they become King and Queen. His little brother, on the other hand, will probably own just one castle - Schackenborg Castle.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 4th, 2004 - 9:43 pm
Something just seems odd about that...
The second in line gets money, the Crown Prince gets dishes?
I agree. That does seem odd. I'd probably feel a little cheated if that was me.

What did Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra get from the Queen as their wedding gift?

I don't know what the Queen gave to her youngest son and future daughter-in-law. I do know that she gave her future daughter-in-law, Alexandra, a tiara and a five row cultured pearl necklace with a sapphire pendant. The tiara was once worn by the Queen's grandmother, Queen Alexandrine, and by the Queen herself. The necklace was once given to the Queen as a present. The Queen's husband, Prince Henrik, gave his future daughter-in-law a diamond and sapphire brooch. For their first wedding anniversary, Prince Joachim, gave his wife a diamond necklace with a big south sea pearl.

The Queen gave her future daughter-in-law, Mary, a gold diamond and pearl bracelet. This present was given to the Queen from her grandmother, Queen Alexandrine. Prince Henrik gave his future daughter-in-law a necklace that consisted of two rows of cultured pearls - one emerald green and one white. With a diamond and sapphire lock. Crown Prince Frederik gave his future wife a five row cultured pearl necklace with an aquamarine pendant. She was also given a pair of diamond hoop earrings with aquamarine and diamond pendants.

i read somewhere that grassten castle is owned by the danish state and can hence never be 'given as a present' to anyone. however, what the queen can do is 'allow' whomever to live in it. apparently she once expressed her wish that the relatively little lived in castle would be populated by the CP and his future family.

can somone confirm this? thats how i remember it.
definately, the CP does not own the castle in the sense prince joachim owns his. thats complete nonesense. like with so many things (jewels, houses, etc.) the things are 'borrowed' by the royal family, they dont 'own' them legally, but have sole right to use them.

i think the dutch royal website explains this quite well.

As I said in my earlier post, "The Queen has the right of liberty of Amalienbrog Castle, parts of Christiansborg Castle, Sorgenfri Castle, Graasten Castle, and the hunting seat of Erimitagen." This means that these castles are owned by the Danish state. Graasten Castle is an 'unofficial wedding present' from the Queen to her son and future daughter-in-law. Prince Joachim, however, inherited Schackenborg Castle from the Danish count Schack.

The lamps are wedding presents from towns in the South of Jutland. The man standing next to one of the lamps is the Mayor of Graasten, Bendt Olesen. A similar gift was presented to the late queen mother, Queen Ingrid, for her 90th birthday.

The party was held at Fredensborg Castle. This castle will be the official residence of the Crown Prince and Princess until renovations are complete in Christian VII Palace.

{Removed response to deleted post - Elspeth}

Do you have more information about the Wedding Party?

I heard that Kylie Minogue has been asked to perform?
Surely there is a better representative of Australian talent than the "Singing Budgerigar"?

Originally posted by wymanda@Apr 7th, 2004 - 2:26 am
I heard that Kylie Minogue has been asked to perform?
Surely there is a better representative of Australian talent than the "Singing Budgerigar"?
Better representative or not, Kylie Minogue just won a Grammy and is very popular in Australia right now along with several other countries. She has been enjoying great media coverage for the last two years. I would have thought that it would have lasted about a year and then ended, but I am very surprised, by the Grammy as well. With that in mind, it would be a huge deal if she attended any festivities and performed.

Mary's wedding gown is going to be stunningly beautiful if it's designed by someone who once worked with Valentino. Remember, Valentino, was the designer who designed Maxima Zorreguieta's wedding gown.

Originally posted by montecarlo@Apr 9th, 2004 - 5:38 pm
Mary's wedding gown is going to be stunningly beautiful if it's designed by someone who once worked with Valentino. Remember, Valentino was the designer who designed Maxima Zorreguieta's wedding gown.

I can't wait to see what it looks like!

Before Alexandra got married, her father received the Cross of the Order from the Queen. Will Mary's father receive the same?

I originally saw this article on the Royalty.nu website and thought it was very interesting:

from theaustralian.news.com.au

No Danish treat for Mary's family

April 04, 2004
THE family of Tasmania's princess-in-waiting Mary Donaldson will pay their own way to get to the royal wedding.

While Tassie's Derwent Valley Concert Band has received $60,000 in state and federal funding so it can play at the Danish wedding on May 14, Mary's family is having to dig deep to be part of the big day.

Ms Donaldson's brother-in-law, Scott Bailey, 32, has revealed that immediate family members are paying for their fares to get there.

"We have to dip into our mortgage. All $10,000 of it. Everyone thinks Mary has paid for our ticket to get over there, which is totally wrong," he said.

Mr Bailey will be taking his wife, Patricia, as well as the children from her first marriage, Michael, 10, and Maddison, 8, and their daughter Mollie, 19 months. Ms Donaldson's other sister, Jane, 38, and brother John, 33, are also going.

Everyone is paying themselves. Mary hasn't got the authority to pay. It's not up to the Danish monarchy or government to pay for us. I don't know if she asked, and we didn't ask her," Mr Bailey said.

Mr Bailey is a plasterer, while Patricia, sister of the future queen, works as an intensive care nurse at the Royal Hobart Hospital and a part-time aerobics instructor.

Mr Bailey recently appeared in a Danish magazine wearing his Collingwood socks at his Hobart wedding on January 17 attended by the royal couple.

"I'll be trying to entice Prince Frederik to become a Collingwood supporter," he said.

March 19, 2004 - ABC News Australia

Tasmanians, Danes Produce Royal Beer

Tasmanian hops mixed with barley grown by Danish royalty are the recipe for a beer to be sold in Denmark to celebrate Tasmanian Mary Donaldson's marriage to Crown Prince Frederik in May. Australian Hop Marketers managing director Mick Dudgeon says he was approached by international brewer Carlsberg in November to provide Tasmanian hops for a special brew.

"The barley's been grown on the Prince's brother's property so it's very symbolic isn't it," he said. "Bringing the barley from Denmark and the hops from Tasmania to produce this beer, champagne style of beer, 6.5 per cent alcohol, lightly flavoured with the hops so I think it's going to be wonderful," Mr Dudgeon said. The beer, Carlsberg Crown, will be available on the Danish market at the end of the month. It will not be sold in Australia.

As a reminder, LTR does not like the taking of other people's information without proper crediting.

Does anyone know what wedding souveniers other than the napkins and candle will be available for the royal wedding? I am thinking of asking a pen pal in Denmak to get me some stuff. What magazines will have a whole magazine devoted to the wedding? Will there be a book published? Was there one published for Alexandra?

Magazines Devoted To Royal Weddings

Hello Magazine
HELLO! - The place for celebrity news - hellomagazine.com

Hola Magazine
HOLA revista | hola.com

Semana Magazine
SEMANA

Point De Vue Magazine
Bienvenue sur le site de POINT DE VUE

Royal Books:

Prinsesse Alexandra Portræt, 1996 by Ninka
http://www.princessalexandradk.com/061.jpg
Alexandra, 1998 by Trine Larsen
http://www.princessalexandradk.com/058.jpg
Prinsesse af Danmark, 2001 by Torben Ölholm
http://www.princessalexandradk.com/bog.jpg

Source: Lott princess alexandra entertainment tv show at princessalexandradk.com

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,405...5E13780,00.html

Setting tone for Danish wedding
By Sophie Tedmanson and Vanda Carson
April 14, 2004

RYAN Narkle doesn't know where Denmark is. But within three weeks the didgeridoo player will perform at the wedding concert of Tasmania's Mary Donaldson and Frederik, the Crown Prince of Denmark.

"It's awesome, I can't wait," Narkle said yesterday from his home in Perth.

"I told my mum and family at Easter and they didn't believe me. They said, 'Don't be stupid.' Now they want to come over and meet the royals."

The 23-year-old will play the didgeridoo while his cousin Trevor Jamieson, 28, dances as part of a welcoming ceremony for the Rock'n'Royal concert on May 7, a week before the lavish wedding of the Australian real estate agent to her Danish prince.

The concert was the brainchild of the Crown Prince himself, who wanted something "for the young people" to enjoy as part of the wedding celebrations.

The concert, which will be watched by more than 40,000 people in the Copenhagen stadium and enjoyed by millions more on live TV and radio broadcasts across Europe, is being underwritten by Danish companies as a joint wedding gift to the royal couple.

Proceeds will go towards the Save The Children of Denmark charity.

Other Australian performers include Brisbane rock band Powderfinger, former Noiseworks frontman Jon Stevens and Tasmania's Derwent Valley Concert Band, along with a host of little-known Danish acts.

Narkle and Jamieson, who have been playing and dancing around the world for the past decade, will perform a traditional indigenous welcome dance accompanied by the didgeridoo, as the couple enters the stadium.

Their agent, Bev Fitzpatrick, of Western Australia's Jiriki indigenous talent agency, said the pair was invited to showcase Australia's indigenous culture at the wedding celebrations.

Narkle and Jamieson are still trying to raise funds for their air fares - but that's the least of Narkle's worries.

"What am I going to wear?" he asked. "What do you wear when you meet a prince?"

More importantly, what do you say when you meet one?

"I dunno, I've never been near royalty before. "I'll probably say, 'G'day mate, good luck'."

www.jiriki.com.au

The Australian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom