Mary and Frederik's Circle of Friends (Danish and Australian)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CP Mary's Friend Amber on TV Today.

Hi Everyone,

A hot, windy day here in Sydney - 4pm Thursday 19th - and school holidays have started, so kids on the loose everywhere.

Just threw myself down on the couch to recover from the crazy Christmas crowds in the city, and who should pop up on the telly, but CP Mary's friend, (original "best" friend), Amber Petty.

Looking fresh and pretty in summery aqua, with a light purple necklace and matching braclet, and with her long blonde hair loose.

Amber was in the "Chat Room" section of the Channel 9 afternoon news being asked her opinion on some of today's news topics - older women drinking more than younger women, lying on Facebook, husband and wives being "right" or happy in a marriage.

Segment took about ten minutes - live to air I guess.

Amber very relaxed and interesting - some laughs going on between her and the regular lady newsreader, and the other person on today's panel, an older gentleman.

Some info Amber passed on to everyone about herself during the discussion - she's currently single, has recently attended the boxing, and also the adult entertainment industry awards. :lol::lol::lol:

If you're a follower of Amber on her facebook, she has apparently posted these events there, and said they're some of the "weird" things she's done lately.

She also let us know the name of a friend, Jane Donovan, who's a relationship coach, who's advice she has been finding helpful.

Hope we get a bit more of her on the telly - better value than some of our more serious and "proper" TV ladies who always play the "politically correct" card.

She comes across as someone easy-going, who would be fun to be around.

(I don't normally watch this daily news show, so maybe Amber is a regular/semi-regular guest on it - don't know.)

Cheers, Sun Lion. :flowers:

P.S. Amber must be in Melbourne - filmed with Melbourne city in the background.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sun Lion :flowers:
For your continuing coverage from Australia.

Please keep your reports coming. Just as a basic understanding of Danish culture and goings on is a necessity to understand Mary, her husband and the DRF and thereby her current life, for those who don't live in DK.
Just as necessary is it to have a basic understanding of the Australian mindset and Mary's cultural background for us.

And equally important you have the finger on the pulse in regards to what the Aussie media is saying and what people on the street say, think and believe.

So if you and your fellow Australians think "Nah, that's won't interest anyone", well, then you are mistaken. :)

Thank you Muhler! There have been many of those moments when I have thought just that. Will bear that in mind next time something noteworthy comes up.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Caught Amber on Telly Again Today -Must Be Regular Gig.

Hi All,

Thursday 9th January already and I'm sitting in the car waiting to drive onboard the boat to cross Bass Strait and head back home - bye, bye lovely Tasmania.

Sitting with my mother and sister this afternoon with the TV on, and Amber Petty - best friend of CP Mary - was on again, giving her opinions of today's hot topics.

Amber looked like someone who wears her heart on her sleeve.

Today's topics covered online ethics - where apparently GPs are googling their patients for background information - a new mother posting her birthing photos on twitter, people keeping secret bank accounts their partners don't know about and educators proposing children not be forced to kiss their elderly relatives.

Went for about twenty minutes.

Looks like Amber is a regular -Channel 9, 4.00pm weekdays, for any interested Aussies - so I may set up the recorder and see more.

Nice job Amber - good for you.

Cheers, Sun Lion. :flowers:

Last edited:
Another Thursday Another Amber TV Appearance

Hi Again Everyone,

Perhaps Thursdays - (once a month?) - is Amber's day to join Channel 9's afternoon news show's "Chat Room", as she is on telly again.

Soft pink summery sleeveless dress with her hair pinned back on one side with what looks like a feather clip.

Having a good time with the other two speakers and covering such topics as working in your dream job, New Zealand pushing to change it's flag to look less like Australia's, Justin Bieber's current situation and the over 50s being desperate to get their grown children out of the family home so they can pursue their travel desires.

Amber related a story from her primary school days of being dropped off one morning before anyone else had arrived - with a bag of jelly beans - so her parent could fly off to Bali with a partner.

She also related that she was asked to give up her schooling at the end of year eleven as she was "absolutely usless" at it, but ended up in a dream job when she took up breakfast radio at the age of thirty eight, that up until that time she thought was "for other people", not her.

(She now has a different mentality, one of "just go for it".)

Good Luck Amber, always fun to see you,

Bye Everyone, Sun Lion.

Very Tough Topic For Amber On TV Today.

Hi Again,

Thursday in Australia and CP Mary's friend Amber Petty was on the late afternoon news show again, but with a very tough first topic about a crime here.

I suppose the topics are meant to reflect what the general population is discussing at the moment, but I think it was a very difficult subject to have to talk about on national television.

Amber did well and brought up some points regarding mental health problems and how we deal with it here, but a very heavy subject.

The other three items were much more light-hearted and brought out some laughs amongst the three panelists, with Amber being able to have a friendly joke on the gentleman present -during a discussion regarding new research that women really do want taller men.

Other subjects were a large family having their sixteenth baby - not for Amber, she "really likes quiet and her own space"- and the UK report of the parent wanting their child to attend private school in order to marry well and not need to work.

Amber more casually dressed today in a purple singlet top, with clear leaf-shaped ear-rings, red nails and rings.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

:previous:

Hi Sun Lion, Thanks for posting I have seen Amber a couple of times, she seems a very friendly and likeable person.

Hi Sun Lion, Thanks for posting I have seen Amber a couple of times, she seems a very friendly and likeable person.

Hi marfe,

You're in Antarctica! - Wow!

Maybe then you're familiar with CP Mary's hometown of Hobart as so many of the expeditions to the frozen continent leave from there.

I once bunked in a house just underneath Mt Wellington in Hobart while the owner was down in Antartica - can't remember his name now though - arranged through one of my husband's cousins.

Yes, Amber strikes me as speaking from her "real"' self - not one of the polished/plastic ladies, very popular though they are, being politically correct all the time.

Nice to see someone just be natural and ready with a smile and a joke - who doesn't mind "letting the cat out of the bag" about herself from time to time.

Best Wishes to you at the bottom of the world,

Sun Lion.

It's Thursday ... It's Amber...

...Looking very glam with a high ponytail hairstyle, and 50's cherry-printed halter-neck outfit, Amber was back on TV today discussing various topics -

- the dangers of one alcoholic drink for over fifty-five year old drivers, the busyness of today's children, would you admit to not liking your friend's partner and why can't our politicians laugh at themselves.

Amber made some good points, but didn't get to talk about the final topic - the panel ran out of time!

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Amber "Star-Spotted" This Week...And Another TV Appearance.

Thursday in Australia, and Ms Amber Petty now seems to be back in Melbourne for her regular Channel 9 TV appearance.

(Amber got a photo in the newspaper earlier in the week - Monday I think - as she was "star-spotted" by a member of the general public, waiting for a taxi at Sydney airport on Saturday night.)

With her long, blonde hair over one shoulder, and clipped behind her ear on the other side, Amber was teamed up with a gentleman who she regularly partners on the panel.

This time he had to be cut off before giving an opinion on the final segment - seems like they need to cut down the number of topics, or expand the time allowance.

A round-necked, sleeveless red dress with black polka dots on the upper, lighter fabric section, a fine silver necklace and several rings across both hands that caught the studio lights - Amber often uses her hands when expressing herself.

Topics were the UK's schools contraception programme, North Korea's new hair-cut law, remembering people's names when introduced at parties and women's shopping.

Amber mentioned she admires former President Bill Clinton's method of concentrating on the person in front of him, and how after being on Adelaide radio, and having to attend functions where she had to meet many listeners, she has learnt to "be present in that moment" when introduced to someone and how much better that works.

Nice to see Amber's profile is high enough in Australia now that CP Mary and being a Royal Bridesmaid, Best Friend etc. is never mentioned.

Best Wishes All,

Sun Lion.

P.S. Amber also said she's put on a bit of weight - but I thought she looked like she's been working out!

Last edited:
Amber Day Again.

Gosh Amber looks lovely today - I'm watching the news live, waiting to see some Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in New Zealand updates - and "Chat Room" is on.

Amber is wearing a really striking sapphire/peacock, jewel blue, long sleeved blouse with her blonde, blonde long hair down both shoulders.

Topics covered today were a book released by an Oz politician, (which was the front page of most of our state newspapers today), Florence Henderson, adults being addicted to technology, and a video-taped real-life wedding save the date trailer.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Amber is always introduced as a columnist for the Adelaide "Advertiser", but broadcasts from Melbourne.

PP.S. And it's books for Amber, not Kindle.

Amber On TV Again Today.

Amber, wearing pretty pale peach, was presented with the topic of the ''Nappy Nomads'' - of which little Prince George is now classed as a member - globe-trotting babies.

Anyone travelling with a baby has Amber's understanding - she had to travel a lot herself when young.

Other topics today were the UK's youngest teenage parents, young people being embarassed by their parents on social media and guilty secrets.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Princess Mary and Prince Frederick's bridesmaid Amber Petty shock at still being single as pair celebrates 10 years of marriage | Mail Online
She might have been a bridesmaid at Princess Mary's fairytale wedding to Denmark's Crown Prince Frederick in 2004.

But Amber Petty is still waiting to find her own version of Prince Charming.

Single but ready to mingle, the Sydney socialite told Seven's The Morning Show that looking at portraits of Princess Mary and her picture-perfect children is a bittersweet experience for her.

I find Ms Petty's behaviour and comments perplexing.

I honestly don't understand why Amber Petty feels the need to continuously talk to the press about Mary, Frederik and the children. It's like she's living her life through Mary - commenting on her every move.

Because without Mary, no one would know who Amber Petty is? Even with the Mary connection, you would be hard pressed to find someone randomly on the street who knew who she was (maybe in Adelaide some would).

You had me worried there for a second Al_bina.

I've just checked out the clip from Channel Seven's "The Morning Show" online and it's ok - that's just good old Aussie humour on display.

Nothing in Amber's behaviour, or comments, that isn't commonplace amongst people here - self-deprecating humour is an Australian trait. You've just seen an example of it.

(I'm assuming you've got to see the actual TV clip.)

Good light-hearted fun. (Hence the head in the hands etc.)

I honestly don't understand why Amber Petty feels the need to continuously talk to the press about Mary, Frederik and the children. It's like she's living her life through Mary - commenting on her every move.

I guess in this instance Amber was responding to her co-workers on "The Morning Show" - who naturally enough brought up the Crown Prince Couple's Tenth Wedding Anniversary.

Amber is on this Channel Seven TV show regularly - which broadcasts nationally - as well as appearing on competitor Channel Nine's News show Chat Room - again nationally I think, (I've caught it in other states).

As well as her newspaper columns and radio broadcasting, this is the first time I've heard her talk about the Danish Royals - not that I keep up with everything Amber does, there's too much.

I think CP Mary's sister-in-law Leanne is quoted by the women's magazines about CP Mary more than anyone. Fellow poster Lady Rosie has some quotes from her just recently.

Amber didn't talk to the press - the press picked up a fifteen second or so, couple of comments broadcast on one of her regular TV appearances, and got a story out of it.

Because without Mary, no one would know who Amber Petty is? Even with the Mary connection, you would be hard pressed to find someone randomly on the street who knew who she was (maybe in Adelaide some would).

That's true of course JessRulz, but equally no-one would know who Mary is without the Frederik connection, and also no-one - in Australia at least - would know who Frederik is without the Mary connection too.

I've got the newspaper article that polyesco scanned last week, and it's a wonderfully positive report from one of only three Australian journalists permitted to attend the wedding ten years ago - but, the line "every tin-pot royal you've never, (note "never", not ever), heard of before" - about the European Royals attending is used.

Frederik would have been in the description without Mary.

Last edited:
Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #22, 2014.
Where a Marianne Gram would like to know who Mary's closest friend is.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies, that part from her two sisters, he would definetely put Amber Petty, Caroline Heering and Helle Reedtz-Thott among Mary's very best friends.

But Malou Skeel, Julie Mølsgaard, Birgitte Handwerk, Ellen Hillingsøe and Sofie Kirk Kristiansen are also among her close friends.

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #22, 2014.
Where a Marianne Gram would like to know who Mary's closest friend is.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies, that part from her two sisters, he would definetely put Amber Petty, Caroline Heering and Helle Reedtz-Thott among Mary's very best friends.

But Malou Skeel, Julie Mølsgaard, Birgitte Handwerk, Ellen Hillingsøe and Sofie Kirk Kristiansen are also among her close friends.

I would put Caroline Heering, Birgitte Handwerk and Malou Skeel in the top, if I had to bet. With Julie Mølsgaard pretty close.
How close she is to Amber, who lives at the opposite side of the world, is impossible to know.

You will all remember the birthday party held in Adelaide for CP Mary's friend Amber Petty, back in August 2010.

I'm in Adelaide at the moment, and thought I would Google Earth the locations from that time - the nightclub used for the party, Amber's apartment where photos were taken of CP Mary arriving and leaving, and the cafe where photos where taken one afternoon - in case I drove passed while I'm here.

(And it was not that hard to find those places from the available photos from that time.)

But, what a small world it can be.

I have come across a local newspaper article from that time, quoting a party guest who was "practising her curtsy for Mary" and who was "planning on just nodding and smiling the whole night".

Who was that party guest?

One of the two Australian radio personalities involved in the Duke and Duchess of Cambrige "Royal Prank" of the time the Duchess was in hospital with HG, and the sad outcome of all that followed.

(And if you're interested, the locations were -

Wakefield St - where CP Mary met up with Amber and her little dog, and where she was photographed leaving from, to fly back to Melbourne.

The boutique hotel "Adabco" - next door - where CP Mary's security people stayed.

The "Chianti Classico" where the resturant photos where taken - corner of Hutt and Carrington Sts.

And of course "The Promethean" where the party itself was held - in Grote St, which is the same street as Wakefield - one end called Grote, the other end called Wakefield.)

Last edited:
How terribly vulgar. Why on earth would she do that? She must be wealthy as she received an enormous sum from her ex-husband when she dumped him after only a few years of marriage. Just a wish to become famous? Not an uncommon wish for a teenager maybe, but a bit sad for an adult. Is she still invited to attend court functions or did they scratch her from the list (which would not be surprising at all).

Last edited:
Poor judgement I'd say, but we all make silly decisions in our lives.

Perhaps she lost a bet or she's reached the "panic-age" and at that age people can do silly things.

Is she still invited to attend court functions or did they scratch her from the list (which would not be surprising at all).

She has been invited to some private events but I don't know about "court functions". I've never had the impression that she is particularly close to Mary and Frederik. Could be wrong, of course.

Last edited:
Mary's hairdresser and personal friend, Søren Heedegaard, has given a very long and personal interview.
In his typical style he says very little about Mary. Let me put it in another way: If we ever hear anything personal about Mary it will be most unlikely that Søren Heedegaard will be the source!

He says this about being asked about being Mary's hairdresser: "I'm happy/overjoyed and honored that the Crown Princess asked me whether I would help her, but the work is the same (as with any other). There is just so much more focus on the Crown Princess than on the other jobs I carry out. That's why it's a challenge I really solve to the best of my abillities".
The job for Crown Princess Mary was also a challenge that came to Søren Hedegaard:
"I was actually driving our scooter - with the milk-box behind (*) - when my phone rang. I pulled over and that was the then chief of court who asked whether that was a job I was willing to undertake.
I was delighted and said yes, please, but it was sort of like a dream. Only later did it dawn on me that it was true enough!
It may sound a bit over the top, but I thought: Well that's what I'm going to do now.
All my life there has been added on top of what I can. And now this challenge came as a new addition. You can literally say that this is the crowning glory of my work and the high-mark of my career.
I am of course proud that I over the years have become skilled to such an extent that I am offered and competent enough to carry out such a task".

Working for Mary means a lot of trips abroad.
"And it's not just about hair. There are different occasions and events and lots of things I have to familiarize myself with. That I see as a nice challenge. You acquire an insight into many cultures and then I meet other colleagues who work for other royals.
I'm very conscious that the things I do are being commented. Not just by the Danish press. My work means a lot to me and it matters very much to me to do it to the very best of my abilities".
He is also conscious that Mary is labelled a style icon:
"I think we have found a concensus in regards to hairstyles and make up and all that entails. And I know the Crown Princess feels safe in my hands".

Søren Heedegaard goes on to explain that he relies very much on sketches in his preparations and only when the idea is in place is it presented.

(*) Like this: A moped actually with the almost mandatory eeh... "organized" milk-box attached.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ch-maxi.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110614162407

Last edited:
Mary's hairdresser and personal friend, Søren Heedegaard, has given a very long and personal interview.
In his typical style he says very little about Mary. Let me put it in another way: If we ever hear anything personal about Mary it will be most unlikely that Søren Heedegaard will be the source!

He says this about being asked about being Mary's hairdresser: "I'm happy/overjoyed and honored that the Crown Princess asked me whether I would help her, but the work is the same (as with any other). There is just so much more focus on the Crown Princess than on the other jobs I carry out. That's why it's a challenge I really solve to the best of my abillities".
The job for Crown Princess Mary was also a challenge that came to Søren Hedegaard:
"I was actually driving our scooter - with the milk-box behind (*) - when my phone rang. I pulled over and that was the then chief of court who asked whether that was a job I was willing to undertake.
I was delighted and said yes, please, but it was sort of like a dream. Only later did it dawn on me that it was true enough!
It may sound a bit over the top, but I thought: Well that's what I'm going to do now.
All my life there has been added on top of what I can. And now this challenge came as a new addition. You can literally say that this is the crowning glory of my work and the high-mark of my career.
I am of course proud that I over the years have become skilled to such an extent that I am offered and competent enough to carry out such a task".

Working for Mary means a lot of trips abroad.
"And it's not just about hair. There are different occasions and events and lots of things I have to familiarize myself with. That I see as a nice challenge. You acquire an insight into many cultures and then I meet other colleagues who work for other royals.
I'm very conscious that the things I do are being commented. Not just by the Danish press. My work means a lot to me and it matters very much to me to do it to the very best of my abilities".
He is also conscious that Mary is labelled a style icon:
"I think we have found a concensus in regards to hairstyles and make up and all that entails. And I know the Crown Princess feels safe in my hands".

Søren Heedegaard goes on to explain that he relies very much on sketches in his preparations and only when the idea is in place is it presented.

(*) Like this: A moped actually with the almost mandatory eeh... "organized" milk-box attached.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ch-maxi.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110614162407

Isn't it just Murphy's Law that the most important [or one of] phone call for your future should come while you are least ready to receive it. Such as being on a bike!!

https://www.bt.dk/danmark/klar-laest-1er-caroline-flemings-slot-i-dyb-krise-det-er-bekymrende

Even though Caroline Fleming don't belong to the inner circles of friends around M&F - not anymore that is - I'll place this here.
The economy in regards to her manor, Valdemars Slot is "worrying". It's actually pretty bad!
The whole thing revolves around an "expected loan". If that loan does not materialize the manor is no longer solvent.
And there seems to be no plans for what to do next...

As always, keep in mind that her personal fortune and that of the manor, may not be intertwined.

What makes you say she isn't a close friend of Mary's anymore, Muhler? I remember them going for drinks together a few years ago and Mary being godmother to her daughter...

Back
Top Bottom