Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: October 12, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that's the case. There were a number of guests and members of the royal family who wore bright/light colors.

Someone in one of the threads pointed out that many of the colors worn by the guests, were colors that were seen on the sashes of the bridal party.

It was televised in some places, and the royal family youtube channel carried a livestream.

I´ve been watching that. But during the wedding service the camera remained outside showing the castle courtyard...?!

I thought the coat that Mrs. Brooksbank wore was hideous. Did anyone see Amy Rodgers, who is engaged to Thomas Brooksbank?

Last edited:
I saw the whole Wedding in live together with 80.000 persons.
This Wedding as said before was a Perfection. I was impressed by the 4 Generations attending for Prince Charles and Princess Royal.
Sarah was better in live than on pictures , she needed Eugenie.
A joyful Duke of York helping for the bride dress in the Carriage.

He could have praised his daughter without mentioning the Sussexes. His tone was weird and he clearly felt some type of way. There was no reason for it but I am hardly shocked he did it either.
Yes, my thoughts also. Not shocked to hear that the Duke of York said these things. I often think that his vanity, pride and lack of tact truly get the best of him. The one thing I can say is that he loves his children, that is abundantly evident.

i don't see this Andrew in his own competition with his nephew or as inappropriate. harry and meghan's was the last royal wedding so he is just using it as a point of comparison to highlight that eugenie and jack are sociable, well-liked people. hardly inappropriate when it is your daughter's wedding and you are the father of the bride and admire her sociable traits, whilst also a recognition of jack's friendship skills.

Never knew the Sussexes to be unsociable or unliked. Quite the opposite from what we've heard until now. Andrew could've easily kept it about his daughter without dragging his nephew into it. It's one thing when tabloids and others go there. It's entirely different for the father of the bride.

Hi guys...quick check in(sneaking at work):lol:

Eugenie was freaking gorgeous. The gown is beautiful and well fitted, especially from behind. She has lost a noticeable amount of weight. At first I was disappointed to see that she had no veil, but a veil would have just been superfluous. She obviously wanted the focus to be on her hair, tiara and gown. Smart gal. Whoever did her hair should get an award.

I don't know how Sarah DoY sat down in that too tight dress. And it was a spring color, all wrong.:ohmy:

Princess Beatrice looked beautiful, perfect elegance.

The DoC hit it out of the park in that jewel toned suit.?

I like the navy blue of the DoS outfit but I haven't gotten a really good look.;)

Prince George cracking up while his cousin Savannah "air played" a trumpet is my favorite photo so far.

Princess Charlotte has the kind of poise young women are sent to finishing school to learn...she is quite a little star. Kudos to Kate and Nanny Maria and whomever else.;)

I have been skimming the Internet and even on the Hater Boards they are saying that the Yorks hit this one out of the park. I am so glad Eugenie ignored the nasty criticism and had the kind of wedding she wanted.;)

Can't wait to watch the entire ceremony later.

Last edited:
I saw that Ricky Martin was there as well. Any idea why he or Demi Moore attended the wedding? They are friends of the groom as well?

The Beckhams have attended every major royal event in recent years but seemed to be missing from this one if I am correct?

Mirabel said:
I thought the coat that Mrs. Brooksbank wore was hideous

It was hideous indeed, a pity as she seemed to be a wonderful lady.

Last edited:
Never knew the Sussexes to be unsociable or unliked. Quite the opposite from what we've heard until now. Andrew could've easily kept it about his daughter without dragging his nephew into it. It's one thing when tabloids and others go there. It's entirely different for the father of the bride.

I don't think anybody said they were.

But wasn't the church completely filled for the duke and duchess of Sussex too? So I can't see how Pss Eugenie was able to invite more people. If the duke of York said that she did I assume it is correct, but where people watching the ceremony from a different venue? Or did the different seating arrangements in the church allow them to invite more people.

Last edited:
I didn't see the Earl and Countess of Snowden. Did they attend? Odd that they would have declined an invitation.

Zenouska Mowatt attended the wedding.

Any photos of her?

Last edited by a moderator:
The wedding was lovely; and one of my favourite British royal weddings, I think. Eugenie looked over the moon and she and Jack seem to be a lovely couple. Jack, understandably, seemed a little nervous (I think it's normal for any wedding day to be nerve-wracking, but especially a royal one that's being broadcasted for the world to watch!) though he seems to be a very sweet guy. Reading what others have commented about him, it seems that he's easy to get along with and is a very likeable person.
Eugenie's dress was gorgeous and had quite a vintage Dior look to me, a la the New Look era (of course, I'm aware that Peter Pilotto designed the dress). She reminded me a lot of a young Queen Victoria at the wedding.
The bridal party were as adorable as expected - isn't Savannah a little ham?! Maud looks really grown up now and I loved the moment when she spotted her mother as she was walking down the aisle. It's nice to have the Cambridge/Phillips/Tindall cousins all in the bridal party together as they seem to all be very close.
Wonderful to see HM and Philip there! They're looking as in-shape as ever. I was a bit disappointed by Camilla's absence, as I've read that there are rifts between her and Andrew (correct me if I'm wrong) and this was the reason for her not showing up. If so, it's quite a poor show - or no show - of her, given that Philip attended and there have always been infamous jokes about his supposedly sour relationship with Sarah Ferguson.

I don't think anybody said they were.

But wasn't the church completely filled for the duke and duchess of Sussex too? So I can't see how Pss Eugenie was able to invite more people. If the duke of York said that she did I assume it is correct, but where people watching the ceremony from a different venue? Or did the different seating arrangements in the church allow them to invite more people.

The chapel has a seating capacity of 800.
Harry and Meghan had 600, Eugenie and Jack 850.

It was probably just a matter of positioning the chairs, so the chapel seemed full no matter the numbers.

there are rifts between her and Andrew

I've not heard that.. if the Duchess had been 'kicking her heels in London' there may have been just cause for speculation, but HRH had a 'copper-bottom' excuse for absence - a LONG scheduled engagement [with kids] in Scotland, and she would NEVER let little ones down.
She just isn't the sort of person to let people [Eugenie/kids] down, out of spite for a third party !

I've not heard that.. if the Duchess had been 'kicking her heels in London' there may have been just cause for speculation, but HRH had a 'copper-bottom' excuse for absence - a LONG scheduled engagement [with kids] in Scotland, and she would NEVER let little ones down.
She just isn't the sort of person to let people [Eugenie/kids] out of spite for a third party !

As I said in the un quoted part, I heard they were just rumours, so it's probably much more likely that she was absent as she had an engagement at a school that day and not that she purposefully chose the engagement over the wedding. You're right, it isn't within Camilla's character to miss an important family event because of any negative feelings she has towards one guest. She's very dedicated to her engagements and I can imagine that she probably accepted this one in Scotland months ago, and didn't want to disappoint. That's more within her character ?

Last edited:
The funny in live was the wind and how the Ladies managed hat and Hair. Princess Royal rushed into the Church , other ladies put their hat off..
A lady in red/pink had to stay in the wind until the bride entered the church. Who was this Lady ?

Thanks Mirabel!

--

wyevale said:
She just isn't the sort of person to let people [Eugenie/kids] down, out of spite for a third party !

Perhaps the Duchess of Cornwall just skipped the ceremony and will be able to attend the dinner and party? I can't see how her relations with the father of the bride -if it is correct- should stand in the way of celebrating the wedding of a niece? And if the relationship is really so troubled I doubt that the Prince of Wales would have chosen to attend.

Thanks Mirabel!

--

Perhaps the Duchess of Cornwall just skipped the ceremony and will be able to attend the dinner and party? I can't see how her relations with the father of the bride -if it is correct- should stand in the way of celebrating the wedding of a niece? And if the relationship is really so troubled I doubt that the Prince of Wales would have chosen to attend.

Very good point Marengo. I first heard these rumours on social media which is always not the most reliable of sources, so it's probably all just heresy. It wouldn't surprise me if she attended the dinner, since IIRC her engagement in Scotland was in the morning/early afternoon?

Lady Melissa Percy was wearing a very strange blue...jumpsuit? With a newsboy cap!
She was there with Chelsy Davy, who looked nice in navy.

Wondering who'd take the prize for weirdest wedding outfit???

The funny in live was the wind and how the Ladies managed hat and Hair. Princess Royal rushed into the Church , other ladies put their hat off..
A lady in red/pink had to stay in the wind until the bride entered the church. Who was this Lady ?

I have to admit, when I saw a clip of a lady loosing her hat, I laughed.

Turns out,someone I know was at the Castle today.

Here are the pictures thy sent me..

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 146
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 191
And chinwagging after the Service -

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 153
I didn't see George Clooney. That's Jack's boss. Is he there?

I don't think he's Jack's direct boss. Everyone keeps saying he'll be there because Jack is Casamigos brand ambassador, but George has sold the company and founders don't attend every employee's wedding. Some even speculated back at the Sussex wedding that Meghan somehow met George through Jack. :whistling:

George was in a pretty serious motorbike accident a month or so ago, it’s possible they choose to sit this one out at the last minute.
Or maybe one of the twins was sick and they choose to stay in.
They made get still join the party.

Or, they simply don't know each other that well. Do we even know for sure they've met each other other than at the Sussex wedding?

I didn't see Sarah's side of the family, did anyone?

Jack was asked a few weeks ago if George was coming to the wedding and he said he wasn't sure if George could make it, so they obviously do know each other. How well is anyone's guess.

Amal was in the US. She was a keynote speaker at a scheduled Women's conference, so that could be one reason why they didn't attend.

Back
Top Bottom