Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam: June 1 & 29, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am happy for Charlotte and Dimitri-they look amazing together. I wish them many years of happiness as a couple. All the Casiraghi kids now married. Louis and Marie’s wedding to come. I am always a little sad that P Stephanie and P Caroline are all alone. I know they are both very close to their children and P Caroline obviously adores her grandchildren, but to have someone to share the highs and lows of life with is a truly special privilege.

Very lovely, but the Groom might have thought to wash his Hair ?

Her dress is beautiful but it seems her dress is transparent we are seeing her panties
too bad!

Oh if only we can see more of Pauline's outfit. But it's nice to see her being supportive of her cousin's wedding.

I don't think Charlotte choose to use hers mother's dress from a failed marriage, with a man being even not her own father.
I just think that it is a coincidence. Charlotte's dress is appropriate for a countryside wedding, Caroline's dress was criticized for reminding a countryside marriage despite it was held in the palace. The reason should be that Caroline's dress has remodelated urgently in last moment as the original dress' sketch has been stolen and published before the marriage so Marc Bohan altered it, with no so much success.

I totally agree with you… It would have been so disrespectful to her father's memory and to her mother if Charlotte had chosen to wear the same (although modified) dress ( wich by the way its said to be disliked by Junot… )… It just doesn't make any sense. It's a delicate, romantic dress appropriated to the scenery where the wedding took place… :flowers:

Who has brought the bride to the altar ?
Should be her uncle Prince Albert. Unless one of late Stefano's brothers.

I cannot say if I die for the dress but I think it would definitely be much better without the peplum around the shoulders. It hides the embroidery which seems very delicate

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I agree..I don't care for the off the shoulder ruffle either. But the detail along the border wins me over...just exquisite.

It's not in my top ten list of bridal gowns but I completely get what Valli and Charlotte were going for...an ethereal, light and bucolic look that blended into summertime Provence. A big heavy dress and massive train would have been all wrong.

My opinion is that this entire wedding was highly successful. Charlotte was beautiful and radiant ..the setting incomparable.

And now, time for Louis and Marie !!:D

Last edited:
It's a very lovely dress, with some exquisite details, and Charlotte looks radiant. However the dress gives me a very strong late 1970's vibe--my sister-in-law wore a dress almost exactly like this one to her wedding in 1978, including the ruffle, sheer placket, high neckline and embroidery.

Stefano only has one living brother Marco. Daniel died a few years ago.

If an uncle the other possibility is Massimo Bianco. Massimo may only have been Stefano s brother in law but he is her godfather. It would be fitting to have him stand in.

Some brides opt for a brother as well if closer to them. Stepfathers sometimes but while close to his sons, EA is her stepfather in nothing but name now.

Possibly could have walked alone.

For the wedding dress I readily don’t like the ruffles. It’s an odd mix of boho and 80s. I’d expect this more from Tatiana then Charlotte. But it does suit the setting.

Love the use of lavender and romantic feel.

It's a very lovely dress, with some exquisite details, and Charlotte looks radiant. However the dress gives me a very strong late 1970's vibe--my sister-in-law wore a dress almost exactly like this one to her wedding in 1978, including the ruffle, sheer placket, high neckline and embroidery.

Yes...I agree! I once had a co worker who married in the late 70's and I saw some of her wedding photos. Ruffles and high necklines were very much the thing for brides in that decade.

Again it's not a dress I could have or would ever wear, but Charlotte made it work quite well.

I think it looks classy and it will stand the test of time. The whole look is so elegant. And to mention, the bouquet looks classy too.

:previous: I agree that the look will age well.;)

So after Louis Ducruet's wedding in Monaco next week I imagine that Charlotte and Dimitri will spend the rest of the summer on PACHA and in Pantelleria Sicily, as has become their custom during the two years they have been with one another.

It would be a perfect way to spend a summer honeymoon!;)

Personally not a fan of the wedding dress, tbh. It looked nice from the chest and above, but the rest is meh for me, too many ruffles and shapeless fluffy sleeves, and the extra high waistline makes it look like a maternity gown...

But that's not what's important here, as long as the bride & groom is happy. Congratulations! :flowers:

Hopefully we'll get a full look and a close-up on the hair ornament.

Not one of her brothers? That is what one sees at german noble Weddings when the brides fahter isn't alive anymore.

These are the pictures in HQ:

https://assets.vogue.com/photos/5d18e4112dd62600087e7c31/master/pass/190531_06_700 copy.jpg
https://assets.vogue.com/photos/5d18e3d7e7d85900093de414/master/pass/190531_06_116 1.jpg

:previous: I agree that the look will age well.;)

So after Louis Ducruet's wedding in Monaco next week I imagine that Charlotte and Dimitri will spend the rest of the summer on PACHA and in Pantelleria Sicily, as has become their custom during the two years they have been with one another.

It would be a perfect way to spend a summer honeymoon!;)

I'm afraid you're three weeks early, Louis doesn't marry until July 27th.

Last edited:
Awww...really?? I got my information wrong
..I thought it was taking place the first weekend of July!

Thank you Skippy.:sad:

Who has brought the bride to the altar ?

Possibly no one did.

After all M & Mme Rassam were already married when they entered the Church. Lots of couples do not wish to pretend there was no marriage before and let the bride to be "given away" for a second time. Then they walk the aisle up to the Altar as the married couple they are.

I still say Princess Caroline's wedding dress (the only time she ever wore one) is right out of the movie The Godfather:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was her inspiration, as she was only 21 the first time she wed, and the movie was popular during that time. Young, idealistic, virginal....reminds me how young Princess Diana was....she had just turned 20 (still my all-time favorite wedding dress).

Back to Charlotte, to tell the truth the first time I saw it I didn't like it, thought it too young & juvenile & frou frou for a 32 yr. old woman. But I love Charlotte & the Grimaldis and am just happy she's happy, and finally married, so now I see it in a different light. For her, she's probably still that young innocent girl inside, thus the wedding dress of her dreams. ❤️

Now, i could go for some pic of the family… Like P. Caroline, Beatrice, Alexandra, Tatiana...

[the first time I saw it I didn't like it, thought it too young & juvenile & frou frou for a 32 yr. old woman. But I love Charlotte & the Grimaldis and am just happy she's happy, and finally married, so now I see it in a different light. For her, she's probably still that young innocent girl inside, thus the wedding dress of her dreams. ] Nadine

I agree. I also see it this way..we now live in a world where you can seemingly be literally anything you want to be. All the restrictions are falling away like dominoes.

So if 32 year old mother of two Charlotte Pomeline Casiraghi wanted to dress up like a sylvan virgin bride of 20 for her wedding I say YOU GO GIRL. She will hardly be the first woman who has done so and she won't be the last.

Also like you, I am thrilled that after all the sturm und drang of her tumultuous romantic life she is finally getting her happy ending....or happy beginning depending upon how you see it.;)

Back
Top Bottom