The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Gentry

personally i have never like the princess.yes her mother was not a great mom but she never try to understand her mother private conflict after she marry leopold while her sibling try to reconstruct the damage that was caused their mother's name she's adding more to it with her innapropriate writting and have the audacity to say a republi belgium is a benefits to the country thats a see as an insult to her brother

Old 09-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Sorry, but that's rather harsh. MC is definitely not a likeable person, the way she portrays herself and sells out her family. But she probably had a few difficult issues with her family, and if even half of what she says is true, I can'tblame her for not making up with her mother.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy

Wow.... i never thought i would say this because I try really hard not judge anyone and not dislike anyone for any reason but WOW ..... just wow I for the life of me do not understand this woman (Im sorry but I will not call her a Princess or a Lady because she does not act like one even though she was born a Princess ) .

Brent R. von Behrens II
Old 12-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Princess Marie-Christine decided (or has to) never to come to Belgium anymore.
She did not attend her Father , Mother and Brother’s Funerals.
Although for Prince Alexander Funerals they were flowers from Daphne (her second surname). She has no Children.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Nobility

Has there been any news of Marie-Christine? It's been years since I've read anything about her.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

During Marie-Christine's childhood, magazines reported that she was musically talented and that her grandmother, Queen Elisabeth, encouraged her in this interest.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Commoner

Princess Marie Christine

Is there any information on a Princess Marie Christine?
Old 09-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Majesty

No . When her Mother passed away, she did not come to Belgium.
She wanted only money and money nothing else.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I bought and read her book years ago…. of course we have only her version of the facts.
I really Wonder what has become of her and her husband.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws traced down Princess Marie-Christine. She lives 'isolated' in 'the American wilderness' in a village called Sequim in Washington State. In 2007 she paid 325.000 dollars for a house in this village with her partner Jean-Paul Gourgues.

Her sister Princess Esmeralda said four years ago that MC did not want to be in touch with family and friends from Belgium. Esmeralda said that she was saddened by that decision but that she respects it.

https://www.hln.be/showbizz/royalty/...door~a58db220/
Old 05-27-2020, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

According to HLN there are great concerns about Princess Marie Christine. An 'old friend' spoke to magazine 'Story' and claims that the princess is manipulated by her husband. 'He can talk her into anything he wants. He convinced her that she is afraid of flying so he could gamble away her money". The magazine also spoke to Pss Esmeralda, who speaks about 'a sad situation'.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The story of this princess is very strange.
I just found out she was a half-sister of Baudouin and Albert II and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg.

On April 17, 2007, in a rare interview, she said that "the abolition of the monarchy may be beneficial to Belgium."
http://www.humo.be/tws/deze-week/136...an-belgie.html

Apparently she has no connection with the Belgian Royal Family and most of her family.
If she's being manipulated by her husband, the situation is even more complicated.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness

She has not had an easy life, it seems.

Her sister spoke about his situation last October.

Eurohistory: An Update on Princess Marie-Christine: L'Enfant Terrible of the Belgian Royal Family
Old 05-27-2020, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

They've been married for a very long time. They shared good and very bad times. Why suppose he manipulates her ? They keep themselves to themselves.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Nobody knows.
But when Princess Lilian passed away she needed money , money and nothing about her past. Her Brother and Sister had to sell all because she wanted her participation.

Tags
marie-christine, princess marie-christine