The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 01-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,333
On one hand, I'm completely fine with her living in the U.S. and not doing any engagements...as long as she doesn't do any of the fun ones (i.e. like she did last year...didn't attend banquets or the Nobel festivities.)

On the other hand, I adore her and I miss her, and as great as the other three women are, there's a definite spark missing for me when Madeleine's not around. It was so nice seeing her at Silvia's birthday.

I do hope she'll have more of a program for the latter part of the year, though (selfishly just in time for the Nobel Prizes!)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 01-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 4,029
So, the only official activity Madeleine (and Chris) attended was the queen's birthdsy which we may consider a public family event (next to the private family event they also had). So, what would be the reason for the SRF not to announce that Madeleine will no longer carry out official activities for the royal family but will continue to attend family events (and events related to her work at Childhood) as that is what seems to happening?!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:21 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,362
Stoppa pressarna's article about Madeleine and Chris's lunch at Hotel Diplomat when they were in Stockholm. According to an eyewitness the atmosphere was not happy. Stoppa pressarna has tried to contact Margareta Thorgren.
Madeleines kris-lunch med Chris på hotellet
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 02-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 3
I know this is a long shot here but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask even though I feel ridiculous to ask. My kid sister like the Miami, I'm assuming it's a palm tree hat, that Madeleine was seen wearing when the family went biking in some park in Miami. My kid sister really likes it. Does anyone happen to know what kind it is or where one can get one you know online? Because I don't know.



Shot in the dark I know. But her birthday is is soon and it's the one thing she asked for. Maybe someone would be nice enough to help a 10 year old out? Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 06-30-2019, 07:00 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,362
Madeleine's and Chris's house for sale - may be forced to move
Princess Madeleine, Chris and the kids can be forced to move again - less than a year after they moved into their rented villa in Florida.
The 700 square meter house is for sale.
In the turn of July – August last year, Princess Madeleine and her family moved into an eight-room house in a leafy residential area in Miami, Florida.
Madeleine, Chris and children Leonore, Nicolas and Adrienne quickly found themselves in the nearly 700-square-meter house with the 3,400-square-meter plot - for an advertised rental of the equivalent of SEK 178,000 a month.
"We are very happy, the children are very happy in their new schools and it works great", said Princess Madeleine to Expressen in early October last year.
But now the family who have lived in at least four places - New York, London, Stockholm and Florida - can be forced to move again. Their rented house has been on sale for some weeks at a Florida broker.
The court doesn't want to confirm the information and doesn't say whether the family is searching for a new home.
- The court doesn't provide any information about the couple's private accommodation in the United States, says Margareta Thorgren.
The desired sales price is equivalent to nearly SEK 29 million. For this price, the buyer receives a dining and living room, seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms. The house has a top-modern kitchen, wine cellar and pool.
Palm trees grow in the garden and exotic fruit trees like avocados, pomegranate, lime and papaya grow. The broker describes the house as "a beauty" - and the brokerage pictures show large bright rooms, newly renovated kitchen with lavish equipment, high ceilings and floors in wood and marble.
The villa has been sold twice in recent years. In 2016, it was equivalent to nearly SEK 26 million and in 2012 the sales price was equivalent to SEK 20 million.
Before the family moved in, Chris last summer sold his 309 square-foot summer house in West Palm Beach, Florida, for the equivalent of SEK 32.5 million.
According to the court, Madeleine and Chris have their home base in Florida.
- They are moving to Florida because it is a good starting point for Chris's business and the children are still in preschool age ... Right now their home base is Florida, Margareta Thorgren has previously said.
Madeleines och Chris hyrda hus i Florida ska säljas. Pris_ 29 miljoner kronor
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 07-02-2019, 05:33 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,362
Also in German maedia
Madeleine von Schweden_ Schon wieder Umzug_ Ihre Luxus-Villa wird verkauft _ BUNTE.de

The house has been on sale at the broker's website for 20 days. Maybe Madeleine and Chris hope to rent the house from the new owner too or maybe they will buy it, since the house isn't empty at the photos at the broker's website.
Or maybe they have planned something else, which the court tells later this summer.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 07-03-2019, 01:30 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,362
Madeleine, Chris and the kids - Leonore, Nicolas and Adrienne - moved into the 700-square-meter villa in Florida last summer.
The villa, which the family rent, is an eight-room villa with a 3,400-square-meter garden in Miami. But soon the family may be forced to move. The house has been out for sale for some weeks.
The court has not wanted to comment on Madeleine's and Chris's housing situation. Margareta Thorgren says:
- When it comes to the princess couple's accommodation, it is a private matter that the court doesn't comment on. Right now, the couple has their permanent residence in Florida. They have lived there for almost a year.
At the same time, Margareta Thorgren says that Madeleine and Chris have no plans to move.
During the holiday, the couple visits Sweden, they have access to an apartment at the Royal Mews.
- Right now there are no plans to move, but when they are home in Sweden they have access to an apartment at the Royal Mews, says Margareta Thorgren.
The family will spend some time on Öland, for the traditional summer celebration of the King and Silvia at Solliden, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip with families.
- The entire royal family is on Öland in connection with the Crown Princess's birthday, says Margareta Thorgren.
But how they will spend the rest of the holiday is unclear.
- Nothing we comment on more than that they value being together throughout the family and that they enjoy doing activities with the children. They appreciate Swedish nature.
Prinsessan Madeleines semesterplaner med Chris och barnen
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 08-17-2019, 02:53 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,362
Earlier this summer, the news came that the 700-square meter villa in Miami that Princess Madeleine and her husband Chris O'Neill had rented last year had been put up for sale. Something that made many wonder about the family's plans this fall: Was Madeleine thinking of moving back home?
- Princess Madeleine and her family are living in Florida right now, says Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning
Is it about a time-limited period?
- No, there is no time limit for this. The princess and her family are now established in Florida, they moved there last August and will have their living there in the future as well.
Madeleine will be in Sweden in the end of September, she attends at Gothenburg Book Fair to speak about the book "Stella och hemligheten". On Friday, September 27 at 11am, Madeleine Bernadotte will be on stage K2 in her brand new role as author, and alongside her will have her co-author Marie Oskarsson, publisher Ulrika Caperius, World Childhood Foundation's Secretary General Paula Guillet de Monthoux and child psychologist Anna Norlén.
Besked från hovet – avslöjar Madeleines framtidsplaner _ Svensk Damtidning
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 08-17-2019, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
- Princess Madeleine and her family are living in Florida right now, says Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning
Is it about a time-limited period?
- No, there is no time limit for this. The princess and her family are now established in Florida, they moved there last August and will have their living there in the future as well.
Does Margareta Thorgren's choice of words in Swedish connote that the couple has decided to remain in Florida permanently, or only that they do not have concrete plans to return to Sweden?

If the first, can we expect an announcement in regard to how the family's titles, succession rights, public engagements, funding from the apanage, etc. will be handled in the future?
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 08-17-2019, 08:22 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,275
That is a very good question. It seems Chris's business affairs that could not be handled in wilds of Stockholm, Sweden, necessitating a move to London, a prominent European business centre and are now easily handled in the bustling business metropolis of Miami Florida.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 08-17-2019, 08:36 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Does Margareta Thorgren's choice of words in Swedish connote that the couple has decided to remain in Florida permanently, or only that they do not have concrete plans to return to Sweden?

If the first, can we expect an announcement in regard to how the family's titles, succession rights, public engagements, funding from the apanage, etc. will be handled in the future?
It does sound like they have no plans about leaving Miami. The use of "framöver" further stresses Margareta Thorgren's words about their stay having no set time limit.
Regarding public engagements and appanage there's not much need to clarify anything. Princess Madeleine will probably go on as she does now with the occasional appearance for which she gets reimbursement from the appanage.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 08-17-2019, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
That is a very good question. It seems Chris's business affairs that could not be handled in wilds of Stockholm, Sweden, necessitating a move to London, a prominent European business centre and are now easily handled in the busthigh business metropolis of Miami Florida.
Yes, there is dissonance in the public statements explaining the assorted moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
It does sound like they have no plans about leaving Miami. The use of "framöver" further stresses Margareta Thorgren's words about their stay having no set time limit.
Does it sound to you from her statement that the decision not to leave Miami is a final one, or only for the time being?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Regarding public engagements and appanage there's not much need to clarify anything. Princess Madeleine will probably go on as she does now with the occasional appearance for which she gets reimbursement from the appanage.
But what about the status of her children in relation to public appearances? For instance, if Princess Leonore is removed from the succession but returns to Sweden in adulthood, will the door be open to her to perform reimbursed engagements in the same way that Prince Alexander and Prince Gabriel might?
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 08-17-2019, 09:16 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Yes, there is dissonance in the public statements explaining the assorted moves.



Does it sound to you from her statement that the decision not to leave Miami is a final one, or only for the time being?



But what about the status of her children in relation to public appearances? For instance, if Princess Leonore is removed from the succession but returns to Sweden in adulthood, will the door be open to her to perform reimbursed engagements in the same way that Prince Alexander and Prince Gabriel might?
The statement seems carefully worded to say that the family live in Miami for the foreseeable future, but that nothing definite has been decided.
Regarding the line of succession et al the court has, as you know, itself said that they interpret the constitutional requirement that heirs are raised in Sweden as that they have to get a Swedish education. For them to backtrack now would only seem silly to me.
If the children of Princess Madeleine aren't in the line of succession they can't ever be reimbursed from the appanage.
Added to that, even if the inquiry by the Constitutional assembly has seemingly stalled at the moment, the writing on the wall is that in the future only the monarch, the heir, their spouses and maybe some of the other children of the monarch on part time will perform reimbursed engagements.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 08-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 4,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
That is a very good question. It seems Chris's business affairs that could not be handled in wilds of Stockholm, Sweden, necessitating a move to London, a prominent European business centre and are now easily handled in the busthigh business metropolis of Miami Florida.
The reasons/excuses given were never believable. It seems down to personal preference (although the why of the move from the US to Sweden remains a mystery - leaving Sweden not so much; clearly Chris did not like the 'public role' that came with it (which I fully understand)) and Chris' job has been used as an excuse. In general, their communication about the various moves has been inconsistent and vague; probably Chris and Madeleine have been trying to figure out for years what they truly want(ed) - or are not entirely on the same page.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 08-17-2019, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The statement seems carefully worded to say that the family live in Miami for the foreseeable future, but that nothing definite has been decided.
Regarding the line of succession et al the court has, as you know, itself said that they interpret the constitutional requirement that heirs are raised in Sweden as that they have to get a Swedish education. For them to backtrack now would only seem silly to me.
If the children of Princess Madeleine aren't in the line of succession they can't ever be reimbursed from the appanage.
Thanks.
Yes, I agree in regard to the succession; I was unsure if a place in the line of succession (or being married to a member of the line of succession) was a precondition for reimbursement from the apanage. Is this established by law, custom, or simply the attitude of the general public?

Quote:
Added to that, even if the inquiry by the Constitutional assembly has seemingly stalled at the moment, the writing on the wall is that in the future only the monarch, the heir, their spouses and maybe some of the other children of the monarch on part time will perform reimbursed engagements.
If you, or any other posters who are in agreement, would expand on "the writing on the wall" regarding official roles or the lack thereof for the children of Carl Philip and Madeleine respectively, I would be interested.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 08-18-2019, 04:19 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The reasons/excuses given were never believable. It seems down to personal preference (although the why of the move from the US to Sweden remains a mystery - leaving Sweden not so much; clearly Chris did not like the 'public role' that came with it (which I fully understand)) and Chris' job has been used as an excuse. In general, their communication about the various moves has been inconsistent and vague; probably Chris and Madeleine have been trying to figure out for years what they truly want(ed) - or are not entirely on the same page.
I agree. When they moved to London, it was said that it was because of Chris's work. And when they moved to Florida, Thorgren said "They move to Florida because it's a good starting point for Chris's business..." And whole this time Wilton Payments has had offices both in Florida (started in 2013, it seems) and in London. And when Madeleine and Chris lived in New York, Chris took care of the business of the Florida office as he does now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Regarding the line of succession et al the court has, as you know, itself said that they interpret the constitutional requirement that heirs are raised in Sweden as that they have to get a Swedish education. For them to backtrack now would only seem silly to me.
I agree. The Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist said when Leonore was born that she should be raised and have her education in Sweden. So it would be very strange if the court would now interpret that otherwise.
It will be interesting to see if the press is starting to put pressure on the court with questions about Madeleine's children's future and if they will stay in the order of succession.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 08-18-2019, 06:55 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is online now
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,343
My guess is that while Victoria&Daniel only had Estelle. Madeleine's children were needed for future duties. And therefor needed to be raised in Sweden in order to be able to do so. Now that her brother has two children to take up that future task, that neccesity has disappeared. And they can live where they want.
As for not settling in one spot. My guess is that many buisinessman-families travel the world following where the job takes them.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 08-18-2019, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I agree. The Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist said when Leonore was born that she should be raised and have her education in Sweden. So it would be very strange if the court would now interpret that otherwise.
It will be interesting to see if the press is starting to put pressure on the court with questions about Madeleine's children's future and if they will stay in the order of succession.
Although I indeed would not expect the court to backtrack on the legal interpretation, I do wonder if there will be a published announcement that Leonore has lost her place in the succession - and her rights to a future appanage and public duties - if the media keep silent about those questions. In many instances in other royal families changes to the order of succession, appanage, or duties have happened without a published announcement.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 08-18-2019, 08:06 AM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
My guess is that while Victoria&Daniel only had Estelle. Madeleine's children were needed for future duties. And therefor needed to be raised in Sweden in order to be able to do so. Now that her brother has two children to take up that future task, that neccesity has disappeared. And they can live where they want.
As for not settling in one spot. My guess is that many buisinessman-families travel the world following where the job takes them.
I think this is an important point. Not that many years ago, Leonore was 5th in the line of succession and one of only two grandchildren of the King. Now Leonore is 8th- with 4 cousins ahead of her in the line of succession. The birth of Oscar and Carl Phillip’s children gave the O’Neill family more options.

And here is a big benefit —since the family has lived in Florida, they have avoided the paparazzi that followed them in New York & London. A definite plus.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 08-18-2019, 09:25 AM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 5,648
my thoughts exactly. Also,when there was only Estelle, the King was understandably nervous considering his own history
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine and Family Moving to London: May 2015 LadyFinn Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 229 05-25-2018 03:57 AM
Prince Carl Philip Moving Out: February 2008 marie45se Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Family 15 11-13-2012 02:58 AM




Popular Tags
administrator althorp aristocracy armenia armstrong-jones bangladesh belgian royal belgian royal family chittagong coronavirus crown prince hussein's future wife cyprus danish royalty denmark diana princess of wales duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex dutch royal family dutch royals foundation future future wife of prince hussein germany haakon vii hill history israel jumma king philippe king salman list of rulers lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing meghan markle memoir monaco history monarchist monarchy mountbatten naples netflix nobel prize norway history official visit pakistan potential areas prince charles prince daniel princess benedikte princess elizabeth princess margaret pronunciation queen mathilde queen maud rown royal children russian imperial family saudi arabia south korea spanish history spencer family state visit state visit to denmark sweden tracts united kingdom visit from sweden von hofmannsthal working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×