General Information on Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that they are still in Europe. But with Chris's job, methinks they will be back in NY soon enough.

Maybe they don't return because of the hazardous weather conditions in NYC?

That's a good point, perhaps that's one of the reasons. I've heard that turbulence (I think there's a good chance of some turbulence due to the weather that New York and the rest of North America are experiencing at the moment) can trigger earlier than intended labour which could be another reason as to why Madeleine and Chris are staying in Stockholm. I personally hope that Madeleine will give birth in Sweden. (That way, there won't be any criticizm in the Swedish press and the little one will be in the line of succession, albeit "lower down".)

Last edited:
Even though the baby would be born in New York, it will still be in the order of succession. The years after that will show if the child will stay in the order of succession.

That can indeed be true too.
I would not be surprised if they just don't say a word about where she is going to deliver. I think she should stay in Sweden and deliver in the same hospital as Victoria did. She is around 34 weeks now, there are some airlines that refuse women who are pregnant over 34 weeks.
I don't think Chris will stay in Sweden for such a long time (he has to work too) and I don't think he will leave Madeleine in Sweden for such a long time alone because she isn't allowed to fly anymore. When the delivery starts too early, Chris can't be in Sweden in time and what happens is that Madeleine has to deliver without her husband, so I think they will go back to the USA or Chris gets back to Sweden when Madeleine is 38 weeks or so and stay there till the baby is born.

It has been very quit around M&C, I would think they have gone back to NY.
Like others have pointed out before, I think they would have made a PR stunt out of it if she intended to have the baby in Sweden. If she would still be in Sweden, I would assume some minor royal work would be on her agenda for January. It is quite normal for pregnant women to work until their 36th week.

I would say she is about 32 weeks now, so 2 weeks left to fly.

It has been very quit around M&C, I would think they have gone back to NY.
Like others have pointed out before, I think they would have made a PR stunt out of it if she intended to have the baby in Sweden. If she would still be in Sweden, I would assume some minor royal work would be on her agenda for January. It is quite normal for pregnant women to work until their 36th week.

I would say she is about 32 weeks now, so 2 weeks left to fly.

I think she still might be in Stockholm still because on twitter it sounds like someone seen her at the NK store in Stockholm!

https://twitter.com/elsastolt/status/421759602813067265

Last edited:
Why do commenters on here seem so concerned about where Madeleine will give birth? Is it important? Her father is Brit/American and her mother is Swedish. If she gives birth in the U.S. the child will have dual Swedish/American citizenship; if she gives birth in Sweden, won't she also have dual citizenship? She will also be in line to the Swedish throne (though it is extremely unlikely she will ever rule), so I don't understand why it matters to anyone where this child is born. I just hope the baby is healthy, happy and FAT!!

Does anyone know since madeleine speak english so well? Because she lives in NY and with Chris is english speaker son I guess she must speak it almost like swedish

Chris and Madeleine also speak German together and Chris is learning Swedish.

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article in gossip magazine Hänt Extra:

That Madeleine declines official duties has become more the rule than the exception. And now once again her role as Princess of Sweden comes into question. Several critical votes mean that she is spoiled and lazy.
In the latest issue of Hänt Extra compares the Madeleine with the Princess and the pea.
Madeleine cancelled several events in December. Svensk Damtidning's reporter Margareta Heed says, that it can give a picture of that she doesn't take the duties as seriously as the Crown Princess, who goes on her duties by jumping on one leg.
Madeleine said no to the Nobel ceremony at the last moment, partly because she did not want to fly so far because of pregnancy. But just a week later, she put herself on a plane for a private trip to Sweden, then to travel on to London and Vienna.
At queen Silvia's official birthday lunch Madeleine had cold and didn't attend. Heed believes that it is Madeleine's duty to represent her country: Sweden's Princess must work for Sweden. if she does not want it, she can do as Norway's Princess Märtha Louise and renounce her Royal Highness title.
Kritikerna till attack mot prinsessan Madeleine Stoppa Pressarna

Last edited:
WHat a nonsensical article. I do not see how the HRH is attached to her doing something/nothing. It isn't a work title, but she has been born with it. The articles in the press seem like an orchestrated campaign, mean spirited, incorrect and almost xenophobic at times.
Again: what is the problem? Prince Constantijn has been living abroad for ages, which is no problem. Prince Felix of Lux. married a foreigner and lives abroad, again no problem.

I think there is a campaign on the gossip scene con Madde and pro Sofia, but I have to say, Madde is making it easy for her detractors.
She comes across as cherry picking etc, her attitude is well documented in various threads.
Asking her to give up her title is nonsense imo, but when you try to live your life in a way that you try to chose when royal and when private and try to dictate the press when to let them in and when to shut them out, dont be surprised if it comes right back at ya.
I would be sorry though to see that there is a benefit for Sofia on Madde's back.

I am afraid that won't stop paparazzi. Paps are like dogs, who don't pay attention at those who do not get nervous and react.

They feel Chris's mood and attack him. They are not so interested in Victoria and Daniel as in Madeleine and Chris. Maybe it's because Madeleine lives in US and is more known due to this fact.

I think you're right... i remember when Caroline of Monaco took action against paparazzi hunting her but lost the cause :-(

Many Swedish magazines published the photos too, is Chris doing the same to them?

The paparazzis took photos of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle in a holiday in Spain a year ago. They returned to Sweden some days earlier than planned.

Madeleine herself published a photo from her honeymoon on her facebook page, how does that fit with the injunction!!!

Madeleine herself published a photo from her honeymoon on her facebook page, how does that fit with the injunction!!!
She specifically said that she put a few pics AFTER she had found out that paparazzi published some photos of her honeymoon so she decided to publish a couple hoping the media would stop!

Last edited:
The case against Bunte was from last September. Chris made a case against german Bunte, but not against swedish Expressen, Svensk Damtidning and others? The photos are still at the Expressen website.

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel have no engagements in their calendar early April. Will they fly out to NY to visit Leonore?
I think this is the moment the paps are waiting for. If M&C are smart, they will finally release some family photos and clearer photos of Leonore. Keeping her appearance a secret is becoming a bit of a North West (a la Kardashian) trick.

I don't think they are necessarily keeping her appearance a secret, any pics I've seen she has been cosy in her pram!

Victoria and Daniel have no engagements in their calendar early April. Will they fly out to NY to visit Leonore?
I think this is the moment the paps are waiting for. If M&C are smart, they will finally release some family photos and clearer photos of Leonore. Keeping her appearance a secret is becoming a bit of a North West (a la Kardashian) trick.

Yes, but the court updates the calendar very late sometimes. Victoria's Tuesday's and Thursday's events were put to the calendar on Tuesday, and also Daniel's Thursday's and next Monday's event. So we will have to wait if Victoria and Daniel will have free time so much that they could fly to New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom