Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm glad they've changed their minds about "not having a nanny."

Have they? Or are you believing the Daily mail?

IMO, there is no winning on this one. The couple had never stated categorically that they were not getting a nanny ever. Nor can you believe the current stories that Wills' old nanny is being sought. It is reasonably safe to sat that most "working" mothers, or those that can afford it, will get some childcare, at the appropriate juncture. Catherine will be expected to attend public events, or spend time with her charities and staff, so it is only fair that she organise some childcare.

Until we see the nanny with George, we don't know if it is true. We also don't know when Kate is going back to royal duties and what William is doing after he leaves RAF Valley. They are going to need someone to watch over their kids when they both have to be somewhere. But I do think the days when royals just let the nanny raise the kids is over.

Until we see the nanny with George, we don't know if it is true. We also don't know when Kate is going back to royal duties and what William is doing after he leaves RAF Valley. They are going to need someone to watch over their kids when they both have to be somewhere. But I do think the days when royals just let the nanny raise the kids is over.

Well we already know that. Sophie and Edward don't just let the nannies raise their children.

I just hope the media don't make a big deal and fuss when there is a nanny around to help out with George. No one seems to make a big deal about the nanny the Wessex's have for their two and she's pictured with them on a regular bases. William & Catherine will need the help when they are on official duty. It's just expected.

IMO, there is no winning on this one. The couple had never stated categorically that they were not getting a nanny ever. Nor can you believe the current stories that Wills' old nanny is being sought. It is reasonably safe to sat that most "working" mothers, or those that can afford it, will get some childcare, at the appropriate juncture. Catherine will be expected to attend public events, or spend time with her charities and staff, so it is only fair that she organise some childcare.

I agree. The only thing I'd ever read was that they would not hire a maternity nurse.

I agree. The only thing I'd ever read was that they would not hire a maternity nurse.

I wonder if that is true. I don't know how things work in the UK, but in my country the maternity nurse is there to take care of the mother and baby. To see if the mother is recovering well (does the bleeding lessen, is the womb getting smaller?) And to see if the baby is doing well (does if feed properly or is extra bottelfeeding needed, is it peeing/pooping enough and in the right colour?). These are all things Mrs. Middleton or any other non-nurse (like most of us) can't do.

I wonder if that is true. I don't know how things work in the UK, but in my country the maternity nurse is there to take care of the mother and baby. To see if the mother is recovering well (does the bleeding lessen, is the womb getting smaller?) And to see if the baby is doing well (does if feed properly or is extra bottelfeeding needed, is it peeing/pooping enough and in the right colour?). These are all things Mrs. Middleton or any other non-nurse (like most of us) can't do.

I think it's different in the UK. I did a google search and found this:

http://www.royalnannies.co.uk/maternity-nurses.html

To me that sounds like the maternity nurse' job is to take care of the newborn, provide support for the mother, and establish the routine. As Catherine has the support of her family instead she doesn't seem to really need a maternity nurse.

I don't know if this is the right thread... But: have u noticed that the duchess of cambridge has a big scar on her left hand? I've noticed that when she toured scotland two days in early april with prince william and charles...it seems a bruise due to ironing... no sure

I don't know if this is the right thread... But: have u noticed that the duchess of cambridge has a big scar on her left hand? I've noticed that when she toured scotland two days in early april with prince william and charles...it seems a bruise due to ironing... no sure

If she is at all like me - it's from a curling iron :lol: and mine have all faded.

I don't see the big uproar over the nanny. Why wouldn't they have one? They can afford one, it's necessary if Kate is to resume royal duties, and it gives someone a job, and one that can be placed front and center on the resume.

Seems a little ridiculous for them not to have one.

My assumption is that Kate and William would prefer to have the grandparents (most esp Kate's) to watch little George over a complete stranger. Someone they can trust. I think it's perfectly normal to want family members to watch your newborn child. They may not get a nanny now but when George is slightly older.

My assumption is that Kate and William would prefer to have the grandparents (most esp Kate's) to watch little George over a complete stranger. Someone they can trust. I think it's perfectly normal to want family members to watch your newborn child. They may not get a nanny now but when George is slightly older.

But all the grandparents work for a living

Have they? Or are you believing the Daily mail?

I don't know. If Kate doesn't have a nanny, I would call her foolish. Better to be prepared than to end up having to stay home from official engagements because she can't find a sitter.

I don't know. If Kate doesn't have a nanny, I would call her foolish. Better to be prepared than to end up having to stay home from official engagements because she can't find a sitter.

Can't find a sitter, you are funny!

From what I've read their new housekeeper was also hired to do occasional babysitting.

I think Jessie, William's former nanny is the inspired choice. she wants to work part time - William trusts her - she knows the drill. she will help maybe 3-4 days/ week. help them get settled - help Kate get used to having someone else around. And helps them set up the nanny situation. probably bringing on a younger jr role (maybe a p/t maid to help Antonella as well as Jessie; that seems to be the way of their court) I assume they will have a moderate schedule this fall where kate will work 2-3 days/ week - then go into Christmas break. Then set up for the Australia/ NZ tour after the first of the year at full capacity. I expect Kate will probably be pregnant shortly thereafter - Will and Kate both have siblings/confidantes close in age and will probably want that for George.

Jesse will be serving as the sr nanny overseeing this transition. nice gig if it works for all parties. Kate has never had a nanny, so I'm sure this is new for her as well.

But all the grandparents work for a living

True. But I think the Middleton's have more flexibility with their schedules than Charles & Camilla. It would be 100x easier for the Middleton's to take an afternoon or morning off to watch George than it would be for Charles/Camilla. I think if they were to scale down on their appearances many won't be thrilled vs the Middleton's who own their business and have no obligations to the public.

Firstly, why don't you believe them?

Secondly, my view is that Catherine, who likes to understand and get a grip on information and how things work, is applying that approach to raising her child/ren. She will employ a nanny once she understands what needs to be done and how she wants it done. Then she will feel able to employ a nanny who does the job how Catherine wants it done. She isn't someone to just hand the job over to someone else.

Thirdly, parents manage on their own all over the world. Why should these 2 be different?

Ha ha ... Why ? Because I am a nanny .. I've seen it all believe me . I know the upper middle and upper English classes very well . They ALL have help . Even when they say they don't .
Some are good to work for and listen to advice .. Some employ you because they know you are a professional and can do the job properly . Some are a nightmare ... Some want help that does everything (cleaning housekeeping dog walking errands etc etc ) so they don't employ a professional nanny but an untrained person from somewhere abroad who is not trained and therefore spends all day on their phone and drags the children round like they are one of the dogs . (see this everyday ) . I think the royal baby will get the best type of nanny and think royal couple would be good to work for . Young professional couples mostly are .

So you know everyone in the upper middle and upper English classes and know how they run their family?

That sounds like a generalization

I stand by this statement which I made over 2 weeks ago.

"my view is that Catherine, who likes to understand and get a grip on information and how things work, is applying that approach to raising her child/ren. She will employ a nanny once she understands what needs to be done and how she wants it done. Then she will feel able to employ a nanny who does the job how Catherine wants it done. She isn't someone to just hand the job over to someone else."

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it had already been decided that Williams childhood nanny was given the position. I must have missed something. Anyway, it is a smart move on Catherines part, she needs the help whether she wants it or not. She is going to be very busy and isnt going to have the time to be a fulltime mom.

I thought it had already been decided that Williams childhood nanny was given the position. I must have missed something. Anyway, it is a smart move on Catherines part, she needs the help whether she wants it or not. She is going to be very busy and isnt going to have the time to be a fulltime mom.

We don't even know if they're getting a nanny, let alone who it is.

I had read a little ways back on this thread that Williams nanny was asked to take on the job. I didnt realize that was not true. Im just trying to keep up with all the maybe and maybe nots that are out there. I of course think that the Middletons would be a perfect choice to take care of the prince but of course that is out of the question being that they all work.

In my opinion, Williams nanny is far too old for the post of nanny, and probably too old-fashioned. Apparently, she is 71. I can't see Kate happy with this choice, if indeed the rumour is true. It would be a William/Charles pick, probably because the woman has proven her discretion, and probably because she is cheaper to employ than a fully trained younger alternative. Charles is something of a miser, except when it comes to himself, his wife--whom he has quite showered with jewels, not all from the family vault--and his own staff. And my understanding is that Charles is responsible for paying for the staff of William, Kate, and Harry, just as the Queen picks up the tab for Andrew, Edward, and Anne.

This is not the 1800's. Being 71 does not make one ancient, decrepit or impaired and If this person is adored by William and helped raise him, guide him thru difficult times I would think she is someone Catherine would feel comfortable leaving her kid with;I think the bigger question would be if Ms. Woodson wants to do it all again.Anyway, it all might be a another rumor.They do have to have one sooner rather than later...Carol loves her grandson but has her own life and buisness, she can't be on call 24/7.

Last edited:
@amaryllus I agree that Will and Kate will need the help of a reliable nanny. I disagree that a 71-year-old would be the best choice. It is more than a matter of age and state-of-health, altho that is important. A 71-year-old may or may not be as able to keep up with a two-year-old and another sibling, as say a 31-year- old. I would hate to think that any childs play area, or type of play would be restricted to accommodate an older nanny, who may well not live to see them off to boarding school, another consideration. After all, one of the main reasons to employ a caregiver is to supply the continuity that, unfortunately, Will and Kate may not be able to provide on a consistent basis, particularly if the powers that be decide to deploy W and K on frequent trips abroad, or even on frequent overnight trips nearer to home.

Further, most 71-year-olds, especially those without grandchildren, are not current on small things, like the newest and best children's literature, and the latest educational toys.

All in all, I would consider it unwise of W and K to employ a senior citizen when better alternatives are available and no, I am not referring to Carole, who has a very nice life of her own.

I must have missed it but which Nanny of Williams is supposed to be coming out of retirement? Since William attended Nanny Powells funeral it cannot be her.

I think it's speculation but I do believe they will get some help at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom