Baby Cambridge: Potential Names and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument that George is too new doesn't make sense. It has been sixty one years since George vi. It will be over a 100 years by the time baby Cambridge reigns. If you eliminate Charles, Edward, Henry, William and James as names of kings but already used in the immediate family- George is best fit if we are using a previous king but not a immediate family name.

Who are the people that the influenced William and Kate - their grandparents, parents, etc? Elizabeth and Phillip are locks for baby Cambridge. I don't think the use Diana as a name maybe Frances. A girl baby will get much more press than a boy as it grows. She is going to be compared to her mum, grand mum, aunt pippa

SApphire Ruby Pearl Emerald Diamond

Ruby is a great second name, as it would be the Princess' birthstone.

But let's not forget the semi-precious stones

Princess Peridot Elizabeth

Princess Topaz Victoria

Princess Amythest Anne

Unfortunately, there are many out there who think this is a mighty fine suggestion, B. E. :ermm:

There's a problem: I think the dwarves will have some difficulty to be the Queen's Guard. That hats are taller than the poor guys.

Ruby is a great second name, as it would be the Princess' birthstone.

But let's not forget the semi-precious stones

Princess Peridot Elizabeth

Princess Topaz Victoria

Princess Amythest Anne

Princess Beryl

Prince Jasper would be terrific!

There's a problem: I think the dwarves will have some difficult to be the Queen's Guard. That hats are taller than the poor guys.

Hopefully all those kind well-meaning friends texting name suggestions to Kate are aware of these issues. These are college friends, are they not? :ermm:

I am developing a fondness for Topaz Victoria; and here are my reasons

1) Hanoverian reference - Check
2) Famous queen reference - Check
3) Beckham/spice girl reference for the masses - Check
4) Topaz. When she's Queen her regnal name can be something more appropriate - Diamond, perhaps. Besides, the masses will think it's a made up name like Hayley or Jayden, and will be tremendously impressed.

Thank goodness the BRF don't just alternate names the way the Danish do, otherwise these 75 pages would not have been necessary.

Thank goodness the BRF don't just alternate names the way the Danish do, otherwise these 75 pages would not have been necessary.

Yeah. When the time comes, and Prince Christian's wife get pregnant, things here will be very boring.

Maud Alexandra Frances

Richard Charles Phillip Michael

I have a feeling it would just be another Margrethe though.... :D

Me too. I always had the feeling that Danish Kings will be Frederik or Christian, while the Queens will be Margrethe.

Seems good for me.

Since I doubt we're going to get something delicious like Eadgyth, I've always liked the name Eleanor. That probably has more to do my fondness for Eleanor Parker than Eleanor of Aquitane, but the latter was certainly a remarkable woman.

Since I doubt we're going to get something delicious like Eadgyth, I've always liked the name Eleanor. That probably has more to do my fondness for Eleanor Parker than Eleanor of Aquitane, but the latter was certainly a remarkable woman.

I like the idea of Princess Eleanor of Cambridge.

But I would put this name at the list of potential names for a second child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Sapphire is Biblical! Sapphira was the gal who lied to Pete about how much money she and her husband took in. It was all supposed to go to the church, as they had all in common. So when she lied, she dropped dead, as did her husband. Archaeologists think they found her grave near Bethany, a few miles from Jerusalem.

How about using the names of the children in Narnia, Peter, Susan, and....I forget the others. They were called Prince and Princesses in Narnia, remember? It's such a grand story.

Last edited:
How about using the names of the children in Narnia, Peter, Susan, and....I forget the others. They were called Prince and Princesses in Narnia, remember? It's such a grand story.

Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie in the original. They were Kings and Queens, with Peter being the High King. There was also Diggory Kirke and Polly Plummer in the (chronologically) first one, and Eustace Scrubb and Jill Pole in the later ones. Plus, of course, Prince Caspian, and in The Horse and His Boy Shasta, who became Prince Cor.

What do you think about 'princess Rachel'?
'New' and traditional :)

I do not think that William would do that to his father, I truly don't.

But as a back-stop, I do not see HMQ accepting Diana as a first name - Queen Diana is just not feasible.

I agree with you, I don't see them naming the baby Princess, Diana, as a first name but a middle name is likely. While HM may not accept it as a first name the truth of the matter is by the time this Princess is Queen, HM will not be here to choose/unapprove of which given name she picks to rule under so as long as it is in the mix somewhere it is very much so feasible.:whistling: Someone corrcet me if I am wrong.:flowers:

Last edited:
Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie in the original. They were Kings and Queens, with Peter being the High King. There was also Diggory Kirke and Polly Plummer in the (chronologically) first one, and Eustace Scrubb and Jill Pole in the later ones. Plus, of course, Prince Caspian, and in The Horse and His Boy Shasta, who became Prince Cor.

Edmund is a good one - has royal credentials and would be a welcome change from Edward.

I don't see them naming the baby Princess, Diana, as a first name but a middle name is likely. While HM may not accept it as a first name the truth of the matter is by the time this Princess is Queen, HM will not be here to choose/unapprove of which given name she picks to rule under so as long as it is in the mix somewhere it is very much so feasible.:whistling: Someone corrcet me if I am wrong.:flowers:

I doubt if the Sovereign is even restricted to using one of his/her given names. If (for instance) Charles decided that he would rule as King Richard IV or some other name not among his given names, I don't think there is anything to stop him.

In the UK we are all allowed to be known by any name we choose, as long as it is not for fraudulent purposes.

I doubt if the Sovereign is even restricted to using one of his/her given names. If (for instance) Charles decided that he would rule as King Richard IV or some other name not among his given names, I don't think there is anything to stop him.

In the UK we are all allowed to be known by any name we choose, as long as it is not for fraudulent purposes.

Really, I didn't know that, thanks...I always assumed they would choose from one of thier giving names... learn something new everyday... and here at the RF there is so much to learn...;):flowers::) I guess that is true here too... my full name is Andonia, my friends call me Ann and my mother called me Annie... so as it is ...

Last edited:
Spheno, you ask, "what about princess Rachel? 'new' and traditional :)

check! I like it.

It might confuse people, at first, using an Old Testament name.

"Ruth" would be wonderful, in terms of the spiritual meaning of the Biblical Ruth's life, but perhaps it's not as euphonious as "Rachel". Princess Ruth would be like a surprising dash of fresh spring water in sleepy eyes.

Last edited:
Sapphire is Biblical! Sapphira was the gal who lied to Pete about how much money she and her husband took in. It was all supposed to go to the church, as they had all in common. So when she lied, she dropped dead, as did her husband. Archaeologists think they found her grave near Bethany, a few miles from Jerusalem.

Small correction: I think Ananias and Sapphira were pretending to give more money than they actually did to help their fellow believers, who were suffering in a famine. The money wasn't going to the church, and they didn't have money in common.

They could also simplify and choose the most popular names in the country right now- Harry for a boy, Amelia for a girl. Both very British and obviously popular with the masses!

Sapphira is biblical! Wonderful! That settles it. :)

What a spectacular tribute - the symbiotic connection of the mother, grandmother and the bible, and all through that little ring. Oh, it might have been the largest in the tray, but it's said Diana was a clairvoyant, or at least she said so.

Sapphira is biblical! Wonderful! That settles it. :)

What a spectacular tribute - the symbiotic connection of the mother, grandmother and the bible, and all through that little ring. Oh, it might have been the largest in the tray, but it's said Diana was a clairvoyant, or at least she said so.

LMAO, too funny!!!! She must not have polished her crytal ball that day in 1981 when she said yes to his proposal. Too bad, she could have saved us all a lot of bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom