Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events 1: 2018 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events 1: 2018 - Dec 2021

10417755_472509412906354_7825512320781231549_n.jpeg

Arms of the Kingdom of Romania

Welcome to Nicholas and Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills' News & Events, Part 1

Commencing January 17th, 2018

A previous thread about Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So, Nicholas married either in the last few days of his grandfather's life or just after he passed away so he could take Alina with him to the funeral? While I understand thst he wanted her with him, the timing seems inappropriate.

Did they share the exact wedding date?

And why is he still calling her Alina-Maria Binder? Foes that mean that she doesn't (intend to) share(s) his surname (and titles he most likely is after)?

So, Nicholas married either in the last few days of his grandfather's life or just after he passed away so he could take Alina with him to the funeral? While I understand thst he wanted her with him, the timing seems inappropriate.

And why is he still calling her Alina-Maria Binder? Foes that mean that she doesn't (intend to) share(s) his surname (and titles he most likely is after)?

The date if the civil marriage was not known. She will have his Surname too.

So, if she is to use his surname, why does her own husband still call her by her maiden name after they got married? That doesn't add up.

Firstly, it is the author of the article who refers to her by her maiden name. Nicholas simply calls her by her first name.

Some women do not take their husband's surname. Another possibility is that she wishes to wait until after the religious wedding to take his surname. She was named by the Royal House on the funeral guest list as "doamna Nicolae de Roumanie Medforth-Mills."

Therefore, it may be that she will only use his name on social occasions, and retain her maiden name while in professional life. Time will tell.

So, if she is to use his surname, why does her own husband still call her by her maiden name after they got married? That doesn't add up.

Also, many women in Europe do not take their husband's name.

I was referring to this message that referenced Nicholas's own facebook (so it was him not someone else using 'Binder' as her surname) not to an article. However, it seems that he is using her maiden name because that is the name she uses on Facebook...

Nicholas at his Facebook today
"Today, 26 January, the most important person in my life, Alina-Maria Binder, reaches the age of 30 years. I wish her much health, smiles every day, and desires fulfilled..."
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealr...834488960284/1663767810333604/?type=3&theater

Also, many women in Europe do not take their husband's name.

I don't think Europe can be generalized in this respect as naming traditions are compketely different amog countries.

Nonetheless, I am aware of women taking different decisions, so I was mainly surprised about the inconsistencies. Nicholas using her maiden name while people insist that she will be sharing his surname. If so, the moment to start doing so would be the civil marriage.

I don't think Europe can be generalized in this respect as naming traditions are compketely different amog countries.

Nonetheless, I am aware of women taking different decisions, so I was mainly surprised about the inconsistencies. Nicholas using her maiden name while people insist that she will be sharing his surname. If so, the moment to start doing so would be the civil marriage.

At least he uses also his spouse maiden name and not invent titles or surnames.

At least he uses also his spouse maiden name and not invent titles or surnames.

You mean like yourself referring to him as 'Prince Nicholas' for years on these forums, after the King decreed it so? Selective reasoning and fleeting allegiances is so very passé, don't you think?

People referring to others incorrectly when writing articles or speaking is nothing new, it happens in every monarchy and probably even more so in former monarchies, where references are usually made based on your own preference and level of respect, not what is custom and recognized protocol. I'm quite sure that as a bride of someone belonging to a former royal family fighting for recognition, she will take her husbands surname, but it might be a matter of waiting for the religious ceremony or the process or reconciliation within the Royal Family etc.

For now, they're Nicholas and Alina to many, although I must say, most of my friends use the titular principele Nicolae, and will probably continue to do so, if he keeps up his work and continues to improve his position in Romania. One can only hope that he reconciles with the Royal Family and that he is recognized as the heir following his aunts generation, so the family is renewed and comes together for a common purpose and in a positive way.

The use of Alina-Maria Binder in Nicholas's FaceBook post was because it was a link to her account - that is the name used there.

The use of Alina-Maria Binder in Nicholas's FaceBook post was because it was a link to her account - that is the name used there.

That's what I found out later that same day as well, see my second last post.

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful couple!

Wow! Wonderful photos! I guess its David Niviere who did all these gorgeous photos!

Is Alina Maria wearing a regional costume in some of them?

Her regional costume is really lovely.:flowers:

They were married in a civil ceremony in October 2017, not December. Exact date not released but anyone can apply for the marriage certificate

Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills attended the special Concert in memory of the late King at Saint Joseph Roman -Catholic Cathedral this evening. The program included " Funeral Sentences" by Henry Purcell.

It was so touching to see how many people wanted to greet Nicholas (" the Prince of the people") and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills at the end of the concert in memory of the late King at Saint Joseph Roman Catholic Cathedral of Bucharest few days ago. Especially the many young people wanted to greet the young couple and to have photos. What really matters is only the love of the people.

Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills gave an interview to " Point de Vue" speaking about the funeral of the late Royal King, the difficult relationship with the eldest daughter of the late Sovereign and their marriage next September and future projects in Romania. The photos are beautiful.

Last edited:
Nicholas and Alina de Roumanie Medforth Mills gave an interview to " Point de Vue" speaking about the funeral of the late Royal King, the difficult relationship with the eldest daughter of the late Sovereign and their marriage next September and future projects in Romania. The photos are beautiful.

We have already seen some of the photos, they are part of the photoshoot with David Nivière published some weeks ago and the link is in this thread.
The interview at Nicholas' Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealr...834488960284/1695104030533315/?type=3&theater

Last edited:
Nicholas and Alina Maria greeted people yesterday because of Mărțișor. It is a celebration at the beginning of spring, on 1st March in Romania, Moldova, and all territories inhabited by Romanians and Moldovans.
"Alina-Maria Binder and I wish you a joyful spring with friends and loved ones!"
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealr...834488960284/1696949607015424/?type=3&theater

Nicholas and Alina Maria on the cover of Formula AS
https://www.facebook.com/nicolaealr...834488960284/1697861210257597/?type=3&theater

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a very attractive young couple. I don't know the ins and outs of what's gone on but it seems utterly incomprehensible to me that the Romanian royal family should do anything other than take advantage of the fact they are young, beautiful and dynamic, particularly when a viable alternative to Nicholas basically does not exist. Utter madness. The phrase cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind.

They are a very attractive young couple. I don't know the ins and outs of what's gone on but it seems utterly incomprehensible to me that the Romanian royal family should do anything other than take advantage of the fact they are young, beautiful and dynamic, particularly when a viable alternative to Nicholas basically does not exist. Utter madness. The phrase cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind.

The majority of people think exactly like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom