Death & Funeral of Her Majesty, Queen Anne of Romania - 01 August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But actually she was never the Queen of Romania as she married the former King after his abdication and not during the time he was still reigning. She was referred to and and treated as Queens because she was married to the former King.
And if is not surprising why where there no Days of National mourning when Queen Marie-José of Italy died or when Queen Giovanna of Bulgaria died?

because they,at the very least and at best,were mere symbols to a handfull,while Anne was very respected and very much loved member of a House still revered in Romania to a degree that was certainly not availeble in either Italy nor Bulgaria at the time!!

because they,at the very least and at best,were mere symbols to a handfull,while Anne was very respected and very much loved member of a House still revered in Romania to a degree that was certainly not availeble in either Italy nor Bulgaria at the time!!

How do you know the Queen Anne "was very respected and very much loved member of a House still revered in Romania" and Queen Maria-José maybe not? It is all an assumption. No one has asked in Brasov, Constanta or Bucharest what the Romanians think.

Until 2002 it was forbidden for King Umberto and his son to enter Italy. Queen Maria-José and her daughters were allowed to do so, but sided with the King. The Italian Government (like the Greek one) kept the former royal family far away and in obscurity, so the comparison is quite difficult with Queen Anne, who was free to enter Romania for 27 years but never lived in that country anyway, despite the disposal of several residences.

You are always negative about the Belgian Royals ea Funerals of Queen Fabiola;
The reason for non attendence of Princess Marie Christine for her Father's, Mother brother and half Brother Funerals is known but you will not find it on internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all the Romanians are monarchists but the majority would be very respectful towards the Queen because she was the King's Consort.

How do you know the Queen Anne "was very respected and very much loved member of a House still revered in Romania" and Queen Maria-José maybe not? It is all an assumption. No one has asked in Brasov, Constanta or Bucharest what the Romanians think.

I do happen to know the late Queen Anne was respected,and I do not feel any,read any..reason to serve you with proof other then just read what others post in regard to- and the response in Romania itself.

I never said Marie -José was less loved,it was the situation in Italy in which members of it's former RF were banned untill not so long ago.but then you,as a connosseur in matters Royal and not,already knew that,didn't you.

But actually she was never the Queen of Romania as she married the former King after his abdication and not during the time he was still reigning. She was referred to and and treated as Queens because she was married to the former King.
And if is not surprising why where there no Days of National mourning when Queen Marie-José of Italy died or when Queen Giovanna of Bulgaria died?

The Romanian royal family has an semi official role in the country. They were allowed to return, and property returned. The same could not be said for Marie Jose and Giovanna. The government even recognizes the role - and if the legislation is passed, the royal house will have a real status.

Please note that several posts have been either deleted or edited because they contained empty, bickering and/or personal comments. Please avoid getting into personal arguments or posting sarcastic or snide remarks and they are disruptive to the thread and to other members who wish to read and discuss about the death of Queen Anne.

It is a pity the King won't be at the funeral. It is also a pity only 6 of the 13 descendants of the Queen will attend.

Is this definit now? Oh, that's very sad that his health doesn't allow him to go :(

Only Princess Margareta with her husband Mr Radu Duda, Princess Elena with her husband Mr Alexander Nixon McAteer, Princess Sofia, Princess Maria, Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills and Ms Elisabeta Biarneix will attend from the Family.

Last edited:
In some respects too, perhaps knowing how frail and ill the King is at this point, it may be some comfort to him to know that he'll soon be seeing her again and she'll be waiting for him with open arms to greet him as he passes over. It becomes more of a sense of going somewhere happily rather than leaving somewhere behind with sadness.

Death is a graduation and should be celebrated.

The king Michel must be very sad but it is understanding , he is very ill.

But only 7 members of the family who will be present, I hope that these persons were allowed to be present and they could come. Knowing the bad relations between the members of this family, i think that some members are not allowed to come.

Only 6 of the descendants of the Queen will attend.

In some respects too, perhaps knowing how frail and ill the King is at this point, it may be some comfort to him to know that he'll soon be seeing her again and she'll be waiting for him with open arms to greet him as he passes over. It becomes more of a sense of going somewhere happily rather than leaving somewhere behind with sadness.

Death is a graduation and should be celebrated.
You've summed up the situation perfectly Osipi. It is sad that Michael will not be able to attend but certainly understandable given his health issues.

It is surprising that the future of the Romanian monarchy, when applying the succession as drafted by former King Michael, will not attend the funeral of her grandmother: Karina Medforth Mills.

Since her brother's disappearance from the royal family, one would expect Karina to step up and get a higher profile. Such a funeral is not only a family business, it is also an opportunity for Karina to meet the who-is-who in Romania and Moldova, to meet members of foreign royal families and, the most important: to become "a face" to the Romanians, who hardly have seen her. Even we, interested followers, are unknown with Karina. Her non-appearance is the biggest surprise.

It is surprising that the future of the Romanian monarchy, when applying the succession as drafted by former King Michael is not attending the funeral of her grandmother: Karina Medforth Mills.

Since her brother's disappearance from the royal family, one would expect Karina to step up and have a higher profile. Such a funeral is not only a family business, it is also an opportunity for Karina to meet the who-is-who from Romania and Moldova, to meet members of foreign royal families and, maybe the most important, to become "a face" to the Romanians, who hardly have seen her. Even we, interested followers, are unknown with Karina. Her non-appearance is the biggest surprise.

There are no plans to have Karina play a role in the royal house. That was noted at the time when Nicholas lost his title.

The king Michel must be very sad but it is understanding , he is very ill.

But only 7 members of the family who will be present, I hope that these persons were allowed to be present and they could come. Knowing the bad relations between the members of this family, i think that some members are not allowed to come.

That is not true. The American grandchildren were invited. They chose not to go.

There are no plans to have Karina play a role in the royal house. That was noted at the time when Nicholas lost his title.

That is not true. The American grandchildren were invited. They chose not to go.

But, who is then the future of the Romanian royal house? The French granddaughter Elisabeth Biarneix? Or will it all simply end with Princess Margareta?

This was discussed at the time when Nicholas was removed. There has been no decision on this.

The future of the Family is a private matter. The funeral of the Queen a public one.

The future of the Family is a private matter. The funeral of the Queen a public one.

How can the future of the Romanian royal family be a private matter? As any form of state also monarchies need to have wide public support. Since Karina will not attend her grandmother's funeral and I understood no public role is foreseen, the question is pretty logical and lies at hand.

That brings me to the other side of the family: the Hohenzollerns. Will the Fürst von Hohenzollern and Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia attend?

I believe that more information on other royals attending the funeral will be announced on Thursday.

We don't know if it is true that the grand children are invited and the other members? are they invited?
Who will be the next heir ? and don't say that it is a privat matter, I never saw that the future of a monarchy is privat, it was never a privat matter, in a monarchy the people have to know who will be the next ruler , it is the less privat matter .

But no matter this family is no more reigning and the people of Romania does not know the former royal family. there is so much misery.

We don't know if it is true that the grand children are invited and the other members? are they invited?
Who will be the next heir ? and don't say that it is a privat matter, I never saw that the future of a monarchy is privat, it was never a privat matter, in a monarchy the people have to know who will be the next ruler , it is the less privat matter .

But no matter this family is no more reigning and the people of Romania does not know the former royal family. there is so much misery.

Obviously, the line of succession is not a private matter. That is just some forum members continuous campaigning against the Royal Family, and for a monarchy without the Royal Family in it. That logic speaks for itself.
When it comes to who is invited and not, the 7 members of the Royal Family who will be in attendance are known in Romania, and most of them currently represent the Royal House. I don't have any Romanian millenial friends who are not aware of the Royal Family (not all of them care, but all of them know about them), and especially the Crown Princess, Prince Radu and Nicholas. The profile of Princess Maria has also been raised in the last couple of years, and she is becoming more known.

It will be interesting to see who from foreign royal and noble houses will be in attendance, which will be announced in a few days.

Well then: now Margareta has no children, Elena keeps a low profile, Nicholas is removed, Karina wants to keep out, Irina is removed, Michael jr. Is removed, Angelica is removed, Sophia keeps a low profile, Elisabeth is the unknown and Maria has no children, can we conclude that -unless Elisabeth has interests- the Royal House is in the last generation?

How can the future of the Romanian royal family be a private matter? As any form of state also monarchies need to have wide public support. Since Karina will not attend her grandmother's funeral and I understood no public role is foreseen, the question is pretty logical and lies at hand.

That brings me to the other side of the family: the Hohenzollerns. Will the Fürst von Hohenzollern and Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia attend?

I do not think any of the Princes of Hohenzollern from the Suegmaringen branch will attend.

Well then: now Margareta has no children, Elena keeps a low profile, Nicholas is removed, Karina wants to keep out, Irina is removed, Michael jr. Is removed, Angelica is removed, Sophia keeps a low profile, Elisabeth is the unknown and Maria has no children, can we conclude that -unless Elisabeth has interests- the Royal House is in the last generation?

Is there any relevance to this post with regards to the death of Her Majesty the Queen, or is it just another chance to derogatory label individuals and the Royal Family as a whole?

Back
Top Bottom