Death & Funeral of Her Majesty, Queen Anne of Romania - 01 August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was almost a national state Funeral and the authorities were very respectful in these circumstances.

A nephew is the child of a brother or a sister, not a cousin .., they are kinsman , but he may have called her aunt

In Scotland the children of your cousin are referred to as nieces and nephews, perhaps it's the same in Romania.

In Romania the children of a cousin are nephews and nieces.

Pretty common here. Not always, but in many families, relatives the same age as your parents in general aunt/uncle. My only sister has no kids, but I have 15 nieces and nephews, half or so call me Aunty (those who don't either as I have only seen them once or twice, and some their dad's family strictly believes it should only be used for parents' siblings/spouses).

Growing up I had too many to count and many were not remotely related (friends/ aunts or uncles of my cousins but on their unrelated side). I am Aunty to many friend's kids. To many it is simply a term donoting a close usually familial bond between different generations.

The descendants of Queen Ana's brothers did not attend the Funerals of the Queen. Any reason for that?

The descendants of Queen Ana's brothers did not attend the Funerals of the Queen. Any reason for that?

Why don't you write them a letter and ask them?

None of them are members of this forum.

;)
_______

Anyways, that advice aside, I know that one of the children of Prince Jacques did send her condolences to the Royal Family. More messages of sympathy were very likely sent from other nieces and nephews. It must be understood that the children of Anne's brothers are private people, they lead normal lives.

Last edited:
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It's absolutely amazing and lovely to view the reaction of the Romanian public has shown to Queen Anne as well as the Govt. The respect and mourning shown in many of the photos are beyond words. This has to be a comfort for HM's family in a way.

I saw in life the Duc of Parma entering the Church.
On pictures I see that Inside He was next to the devasted Princess Maria as representant of the House of Bourbon Parma, the Queen's House by birth.

Last edited:
I did not see Prince Lorenz at Curtea de Arges. He should have been on the second row next to the Head of the Houses of Prussia and Baden, as in the morning;

Last edited:
I believe the Duke of Parma was seated together with the family during the indoors ceremony in Bucharest, sat with the foreign guests outside at the palace square and rejoined together with the family in the cathedral of Curtea. It looks like Archduke Lorenz and the other foreign royals had a different schedule of the proceedings.

Last edited:
It is rather curious there was an Orthodox ceremony at Curtea de Arges for the late Queen but no Catholic Mass was asked to be said.

It is rather curious there was an Orthodox ceremony at Curtea de Arges for the late Queen but no Catholic Mass was asked to be said.

I don't find it curious at all. Different services in different places happen all the time and most probably were defined earlier in time by the Queen herself. With my own father, there were two different memorial services in two different places with two different sets of people attending. Both were meaningful.

The Queen was Catholic and this thing must be respected.

The Queen was Catholic and this thing must be respected.

The Royal Family she married into wasn't, and as the constitution you keep touting as the holy sacrament of Romanian monarchy demands that the King and his descendants belong to the Orthodox faith, it would be rather a miss not to have an Orthodox ceremony for the Queen upon her passing, in addition to a Catholic presence where appropriate.
The Queens funeral was a good multi-faith example, and I think it's safe to say, wasn't organized contrary to her own wishes.

Nobody says the different religious denominations can't organize commemorations of the late Queen but the main ones attended by the Family should be Catholic according to the faith of the late Queen.

Nobody says the different religious denominations can't organize commemorations of the late Queen but the main ones attended by the Family should be Catholic according to the faith of the late Queen.

The Royal Family is orthodox, and the funeral services was dignified and appropriate. To keep throwing distrust on this issue, is very unfair (although predictable) towards the Royal Family, who it's safe to say organized the funeral according to the wishes of the Queen.

Now that is a beautiful tombstone. The speed of all this indicates that the funerary arrangements have been prepared in advance.

Now that is a beautiful tombstone. The speed of all this indicates that the funerary arrangements have been prepared in advance.

This tomb follows the stule of the other royal tombs at Curtea de Arges.

Crown Princess Margareta has expressed thanks to all of those who sent messages of condolence following the death of Queen Anne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIaXMgI8ABo

The beautiful statement by the Crown Princess, and the images of the tomb of the Queen, feels like a natural end to the process surrounding the passing of the Queen, and the purpose of this thread.

If you look at the numbers we shall see that at the Funerals in Bucharest there were probably around 3000 people. Less than 10 000 paid their homage to the Queen at the Royal Palace.

If you look at the numbers we shall see that at the Funerals in Bucharest there were probably around 3000 people. Less than 10 000 paid their homage to the Queen at the Royal Palace.

Link please.

Different televisions gave the number on the day.

Different televisions gave the number on the day.

Those numbers were estimations during the live broadcasts, and obviously those are widely unreliable.
The only thing we can safely draw from the funeral itself, was that it was a well-viewed and dignified occasion, and I'd say tens of thousands of people filing past the coffin of a Queen who never had the chance to live in Romania while her husband was reigning King, is a sign of enormous respect.

The majority reacted with a lot of respect even if there were journalists or politicians that contested her right to be called Queen.

The majority reacted with a lot of respect even if there were journalists or politicians that contested her right to be called Queen.

Just as there are people contesting the right of the King to use his title, or the Royal Family to be called as such.
Luckily, most people of knowledge, culture or education know better and respect tradition, and the Queen was given the dignities she deserved.

Back
Top Bottom