Princess Elisabeth of Belgium: News and Pictures Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the card Filip & Mathilde sent back to well wishers at the birth of Elisabeth in 2001

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 424
From Olycom and Cover.

Old pictures of Elisabeth.

Attachments

• 000017w.jpg
    000017w.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,148
  • 000001w.jpg
    000001w.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 470
  • K100795_01.jpg
    K100795_01.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 519
A few more that hadn't been posted before, from APL

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 364
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 358
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 455
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 434
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 424
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 428
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 498
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 482
Thank you Cathérine, the pictures are so beautiful and this family!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cathérine Bergeyck said:
No, she woudn't understand yet what it's about and she goes to school, like all children.

that i understand
but i thought maybe she has benn her mom od dad when they are on royal duty

From Waypress.

Old pictures of Elisabeth.

Attachments

• open_temp.jpeg
    open_temp.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 280
  • open_temp.jpeg
    open_temp.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 725
  • open_temp.jpeg
    open_temp.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 681
If a royal is walking down the street it doesn't mean they're performing a royal duty.

Filip and Mathilde went to eat in a restaurant with their children. That's not a royal duty. It isn't because it was the national day and the family was photographed that it was a royal duty.

The children won't be performing duties untill they're at least teenagers, royal court made that clear.

Hannelore said:
If a royal is walking down the street it doesn't mean they're performing a royal duty.

Filip and Mathilde went to eat in a restaurant with their children. That's not a royal duty. It isn't because it was the national day and the family was photographed that it was a royal duty.

The children won't be performing duties untill they're at least teenagers, royal court made that clear.
i thought they were a part of national day celebration
i must have missed that in the text that they were only out to eat

so it was made clear that the princess would not take part in any activities before she was about 16 years old.

how is the press treating the young princess are they asking for more press or do they think its a good deal between the court and the press as it is now?

I never said 16 or any other age, but as long as they are children they will live as normal children.

There exists a very good deal between court and the press. The RF often poses for new photosessions and also takes own initiatives to show themselves and the children to the public (documentary, the book of Olivier Polet etc.). The Belgian royals are never harassed by photographers when they're in Belgium.

There exists a very good deal between court and the press. The RF often poses for new photosessions and also takes own initiatives to show themselves and the children to the public (documentary, the book of Olivier Polet etc.). The Belgian royals are never harassed by photographers when they're in Belgium.[/QUOTE]

So is this why we don't usually see photos of the Belgian RF when they are out and about doing personal shopping, etc.? I had noticed the absence of casual photos of them and wondered why.

Emily said:
So is this why we don't usually see photos of the Belgian RF when they are out and about doing personal shopping, etc.? I had noticed the absence of casual photos of them and wondered why.

There have been photos (and documentaries) of the royal family doing casual things like the Duke and Duchess of Brabant going for a walk with their children or Mathilde making breakfast family and friends.

Yes, that's the reason. In the weekends Filip & Mathilde and the kids are often at the castle of Ciergnon, or Fenffe or Villers, they also have friends all over the country who they often visit and they're often in the Ardennes at Mathilde's parents's castle so there are lots of occasions to take photos of them, but you can guess they woudn't appreciate it.

There's never been any kind of official (or non official) 'deal' between the family and the press but there certainly exists respect towards them. From his engagement on (protocole used to be very harsh at Belgian court, but on his engagement Filip & Mathilde walked to the press and answered their questions, and when the cameras were off all the press people were invited for a drink where they could talk freely with the couple - something unseen up to then) Filip made it clear he wanted to share a lot of his life with the public, but that there should also be a bit of their life that's completely private. The press has always respected that.

Alisa said:
There have been photos (and documentaries) of the royal family doing casual things like the Duke and Duchess of Brabant going for a walk with their children or Mathilde making breakfast family and friends.

Yes but they were consulted about it first and they agreed.

When Mathilde goes shopping (I can only imagine clothes not groceries for some reason ;)) she isn't followed by photographers.

Sometimes you see paparazzi photos but only takes when they're abroad (so by foreign photographers)

Hannelore said:
There's never been any kind of official (or non official) 'deal' between the family and the press but there certainly exists respect towards them. From his engagement on (protocole used to be very harsh at Belgian court, but on his engagement Filip & Mathilde walked to the press and answered their questions, and when the cameras were off all the press people were invited for a drink where they could talk freely with the couple - something unseen up to then) Filip made it clear he wanted to share a lot of his life with the public, but that there should also be a bit of their life that's completely private. The press has always respected that.

Phillippe and Mathilde (and the rest of the royal family) have obviously developed an agreement and relationship with the country's media that is reasonable for both parties. The press gets regular pictures of their growing family and Phillippe and Mathilde and their young kids get left alone during private times.

If only other royal families could develop such a good give and take relationship with the media. Then we wouldn't have cases of princes and princesses (Willem and Maxima, Caroline and Ernst) taking the media to court over private pictures published and trying to create scandals or spread gossip over perfectly innocent things.

Hannelore said:
Yes but they were consulted about it first and they agreed.

When Mathilde goes shopping (I can only imagine clothes not groceries for some reason ;)) she isn't followed by photographers.

Sometimes you see paparazzi photos but only takes when they're abroad (so by foreign photographers)

Yes of course.:) I guess what I failed to say was that the press gets images of the couple and and their family in both formal and informal settings.

Elisa on holiday with her parents and brother in Portugal, summer 2005.

Attachments

• matildefelipe1ai_edited.jpg
    matildefelipe1ai_edited.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 653
  • Mathilde_met_Lisa.JPG
    Mathilde_met_Lisa.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:

Attachments

• p3321699.jpeg
    p3321699.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 364