Prince Albert Current Events 1 : Nov.2002 - May 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Albert ought to be more concerned about his own love life. If he keeps waiting and waiting to get hitched he might be begging someone to marry him!

There was a long interwiev with him in the papers yesterday... He sure looks like having fun =)

Thanks for the article Galisteo! :) No wonder Albert isn't worried about getting married. He seems to be having a great time being single. ;)

Hi Jacqueline and galisteo!

Thanks for the article, galisteo! I absolutely agree with both of you....life is pretty darn fun for Albert!! Why get married when single life is such a blast?? ;)

Especially happy with his sisters kids........... :rolleyes: :)

Here, with Andrea..........

...helpin' Louis to climb this thing... :)

.atanding a soccer match with Pierre.. :)

..........again with Andrea

...his sister is permittet :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .... to do anything....... :rolleyes:

...Al and Steph.............and all their kids :)

...Yeah...it's really funny....and yes you're right it was the christianing of Camille. Don't know what drove Steph that wild .... :p

Attachments

• uncle_Al.jpg
    uncle_Al.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 174
  • CAT9HN6A.jpg
    CAT9HN6A.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 262
  • uncle_Al_and_I.jpg
    uncle_Al_and_I.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 178
  • with_al.jpg
    with_al.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 241
  • CAUB4123.jpg
    CAUB4123.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 218
  • just_us.jpg
    just_us.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 197
Here are several pics of our Albie...*sigh* with mystery women. Anyone have any idea who these ladies are?

Dancing with a woman who seems to hang upon everything he says.... ;)

Giving it, or her, a whirl or twirl... ;)

Albert and a woman called Angela...anyone know Angela who? :huh:

Albert and Angela...

Chatting with Angela...

This woman is named Sophia Vari Bottero.....

photo from Polfoto

Actually, galisteo, they are not recent.... :)

Attachments

• AlbertDancing.jpg
    AlbertDancing.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 167
  • AlbertDancing2.jpg
    AlbertDancing2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 148
  • AlbertAngela.jpg
    AlbertAngela.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 159
  • AlbertAngela2.jpg
    AlbertAngela2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 154
  • AlbertAngela3.jpg
    AlbertAngela3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 199
  • SophiaVariBottero.jpg
    SophiaVariBottero.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 142
Don't know about Angela, but Sofia is the wife of the famous colombian artist Fernando Botero.
Botero is a moneguasque citizen and two or three years ago he created the scenography for a Bal de la Rose (or Croix Rouge, I'm not sure); on that occasion Albert opened the dancing with Sofia...that's where the pics are from...
byebye everyone

Thanks Sylvia! Hmm, I wonder if Alicia is still in the picture??

Hey galisteo! You're right. Who's in Albie's heart is most important! ;) I wonder where Alicia is, btw?

Thanks regarding the tiara! I wish it were mine. :w00t: :innocent: It's a Russian Style tiara that once belonged to the Royal family of Italy.

Last edited by a moderator:
picture from www.corbis

Prince Albert of Monaco with Ophelie Winter -1995

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 261
:woot: I have a life sized picture of Albert shoving some waitress! Great fun, though, galisteo! Thanks for posting the article!

I would imagine that Albie drinks. I cannot imagine, despite what press, etc.. says, that he doesn't have a beer, other, some of the time.

I'll bet lots of restaurants and clubs do get stiffed in Monaco by some of the Grimaldis. :innocent:

Polfoto 14-05-2003 Prince Albert of Monaco arrives with French actress Lynda Lacoste ® at the Palais des festivals to attend the opening ceremony of the 56th Cannes film festival 14 May 2003. French director Gerard Krawczyk's "Fanfan la tulipe" starring Penelope Cruz and Vincent Perez opens the festival out of competition

Attachments

• n.jpg
    n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 201
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 152
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 166
Hi galisteo!

Thanks for the pics!

I am not sure if Albert goes to Cannes every year but I remember that he attended one year with the red-haired model...cannot remember her name :huh: .

I think it was Angie Everhart you are thinking of Julia. They were rumoured to be an item for a while a few years back.

Yep. Thanks Alexandria! I knew it was Angie something... ;)

Galisteo,

I saw Entertainment Tonight and I thought it was endearing how Prince Albert introduced himself. First of all, he introduced himself to the camera (I think someone was making a birthday wishes video for Naomi) and didn't assume that people would automatically know who he was. Then he said something to the effect of, 'Hi Naomi, it's Albert of Monaco ...' No prince or anything!

Some fairly cute photos of Albert really getting into a tennis match w/ some friends of his....

From Alloverpress

A masterful serve ;)

Yes! He really seems to get into his game! :muscles:

Attachments

• AlbertServing2.jpg
    AlbertServing2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 230
  • AlbertServing.jpg
    AlbertServing.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 186
:graduate:

A Plenipotentiary minister is a person (especially a diplomatic agent) invested with full power to transact business. This person ranks below an ambassador but possesses full power and authority.

peace. zara

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent article!!! Thank you for passing it along.

Polfoto 30-06-2003 ©MARCO PIOVANOTTO / WORLD MEDIA PRESS/LAPRESSE 30/06/2003 MONTE CARLO GRIMALDI FORUM 43RD FESTIVAL OF THE TELEVISION OF MONTE CARLO OPENING GALA THE PRINCE ALBERT

Attachments

• albert_ch054903_guest_a.jpg
    albert_ch054903_guest_a.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 228
  • albert_ch054902_guest_b.jpg
    albert_ch054902_guest_b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 171

Attachments

• albert_421493d.jpg
    albert_421493d.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 200
  • albert_421493f.jpg
    albert_421493f.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 194
  • albert_421493c.jpg
    albert_421493c.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 221
  • albert_421493g.jpg
    albert_421493g.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 220
  • albert_421493h.jpg
    albert_421493h.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 230
Angie has actually been photographed with rather cosy with SEVERAL supremely rich Arab Princes, Sheiks, and Sharifs. Not at the same time. But, for quite while it seemed that every rich Arab in the world had given her gifts of jewels and taken her on their arms to galas.

I can believe that Angie used Albert.

In an issue of Point de Vue magazine, it quotes Albert saying, "Certianes femmes, je m'en suis vite apercu, n'etaient a mes cotes que pour la photo, pour en retirer une petite gloire personnelle." Translation: Certain women, I quickly realized were only at my side for the photo opportunity, to get a small personal glory/ (fame) from it.

I'm sure that Angie wasn't the first or the last (*cough, Tasha, Alicia, cough*) :innocent:

With all the pressure to find the perfect woman who can measure up to his mother, who can please his sister(s)- because we all know that Caroline will want her say in this, and who he believes is in this ONLY because she loves him---------I'd stay single too!!

www.rexfeatures.com - Prince Albert and friends on holiday in Trogir, Croatia. 23 July 2003.

Do the Grimaldis have a home in Croatia or something? It seems that it has become the family's new favourite vacation spot. Princess Caroline, Ernst and Alexandra were in Croatia on holiday recently, too.

Attachments

• MO_albert_506.jpg
    MO_albert_506.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 187
  • MO_albert_506a.jpg
    MO_albert_506a.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 181
  • MO_albert_506b.jpg
    MO_albert_506b.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 204
http://news.bbc.co.uk

1958: 'Bonny' Prince Albert of Monaco born
A celebratory 101-gun salute has been fired in Monaco after Princess Grace - formerly film star Grace Kelly - gave birth to a son.
In spite of elaborate arrangements made for announcing the birth, the world learnt about the baby's arrival when a woman at a palace window shouted to waiting journalists: "It's a boy, it's a boy".

The 8lb 11oz baby who was born at just before 1100 local time is to be named Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre.

He will be known as Prince Albert.

It is a bonny, bonny prince

Margaret Kelly, Princess Grace's mother

The baby takes automatic precedence over his one-year-old sister, Princess Caroline.

The young princess appeared on a palace balcony in the arms of her father, Prince Rainier III, shortly after her brother was born.

Prince Rainier later broadcast an address to the nation announcing the Crown Prince's birth.

Speaking to journalists, the princess' mother, Margaret Kelly said both her daughter and the baby were doing well.

"It is a bonny, bonny prince," Mrs Kelly said.

Treaty

Flags and flowers have been put up all over the principality and tomorrow has been declared a public holiday.

It is also expected that Prince Rainier will pardon all six prisoners in Monaco's jail.

The new baby makes doubly sure control of Monaco will not pass to its neighbour France after the death of Prince Rainier.

A treaty between the two countries in 1918 stipulated if there was ever no heir to Monaco's throne the principality would become subject to French laws.

Prince Rainier, 35, has ruled Monaco since 1949.

He succeeded his grandfather to become the country's 31st ruler.

In Context
Seven years later Princess Grace had her third child, Princess Stephanie.
Grace Kelly appeared in her first film in 1951.

She made 11 films before giving up her career when she married Prince Rainier in 1956.

Princess Grace was killed in a car crash in September 1982 after her car went off a cliff road in Monaco.

Princess Stephanie, who was in the car with her mother, was injured in the crash but survived.

Prince Albert has yet to inherit Monaco's throne.

if you want to see the event try this
Scenes from the celebrations in Monaco after the birth of Prince Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom