HSH Prince Albert Current Events 2 : May 2004 - Nov.2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert would be good with nicole kidman, and shee suits being a princess of monaco dont you think?

well they can meet at the Oscars or something, but they have met before! or was that kylie Minogue, cant remember but they HAVE to meet

Only problem here is that she is divorced and she has admitted to not being able to carry a pregnancy to term. Not a good choice if she can not produce an heir to the throne.

yeah i know, it was just hypothetical, in fairy land thats all hehe

Now don't get me wrong as I do really like Nicole and think she has wonderful style, but I don't think she would be the best choice. Not really sure if we even have to worry about a choice though. I don't think that Albert really cares to wed. But you are right . . . in fairy tale land it is fun to think about it.

well he is going out with a woman at present. Sharon Stone offended him recently when she proposed to him, he got furious and said he is in a relationship, she was joking of course.

Who here thinks he is seriously dating someone now verses just taking someone (perhaps a friend) to the Ball?

that would be good, i wonder if she would give up her career to become a princess

i think the right woman for him, at the moment is living her life and following her dreams.. not planning to ever meet.. and when they do it will feel so right.. it will be like coming home... to someone you have never known but feel such a strong connection.. thats destiny.. fate and magic everything that he deserves.. and i wish him all the best :)

Barbarella - that is just so sweet. A really wonderful way to look at it. "Like coming home" I really like that.

Lady MacAlpine, you really seem to know your stuff !!

And, Bad Barbarella, you put it beautifully. It should, and must, feel like 'coming home' when he meets the right woman. Perhaps, his constraints are so encompassing he may never find the right woman in this lifetime. (But I do hope so)

Thank you. I even asked about his writing of an ash tray in a non-smoking suit especially since Albert is said to be a non-smoker. Was he sure he heard Stevie Parker correct.

November 12, 2004: Prince Albert of Monaco attends the opening of the 'Exposition Cuzco' (The Cuzco School is emblematic of 16th and 18th century Peruvian paintings) in Grimaldi Forum, Monaco. Piovanotto/WMP/ABACA

Attachments

• 283388.jpeg
    283388.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 283389.jpeg
    283389.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 283390.jpeg
    283390.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 283391.jpeg
    283391.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 283392.jpeg
    283392.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 172
I also think Albert maybe too picky. If he is looking for a copy of his mother it isn't going to happen and he is living in fairytale land. He may be a commitment phobe or is trying to hold it off to the last minute before his little Albert's die out.

His reaction to the statement shows he may not be so sure that he will find the one. The press can be annoying for the stars and royalty and I am sure he has been asked over and over again about his romantic life.

If Albert wants his offspring to take the Monaco throne he is going to have to make choice sooner or later, hopefully sooner at his age. He will have to find the confindence and self-assurance to make the choice.

Heads Up!

Hey guys, for all of those with access, tonight at 9pm, Larry King will be interviewing Albert on his CNN show. I'm not sure if this is a new interview or an old one. Larry King has interviewed Albert a few times. Either way, it'll be interesting. It's a great tv watching night for royal watchers. First an Albert interview and then a Harry one!

I posted this on the other board too, but thought that I would get it here just in case everyone does not go to all the threads.

Here is what the official cnn site says . . .

Monaco's renaissance prince

NAME: Prince Albert of Monaco

BORN: March 14, 1958

BIRTHPLACE: Monaco

(CNN) -- Prince Albert of Monaco enjoys rare parentage of both Hollywood royalty and actual royalty, as the son of Prince Rainier III and the late film star Grace Kelly.

Albert's birth ensured that the Mediterranean principality of Monaco would remain free of French law for at least another generation. Under a 1918 treaty with France, if there were no heir to Monaco's throne, the nation would become subject to the French. In 1997, the prince's Grimaldi family celebrated 700 years of reigning Monaco --currently a constitutional monarchy.

Grace Kelly appeared in 11 films and won an Academy Award before giving up her career to wed Rainier in 1956. In September 1982, Albert's mother died in a car crash along a cliff road in Monaco. Since 1949 his father, Prince Rainier, has held the throne of Monaco -- a gambling mecca so tiny that its acreage would fit inside New York's Central Park.

The prince -- whose full name is Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre -- spent much of his youth in his mother's homeland, attending summer camp and college in the United States. He graduated from Massachusetts' Amherst College in 1981, majoring in political science and economics.

The prince's athletic pursuits include competing with Monaco's soccer squad and the national bobsledding team in several Winter Olympic Games.

Since the 1980s, Prince Albert has been actively preparing for his real-life role as future leader of Monaco. He attends Cabinet meetings with his father and heads his nation's delegation to the United Nations. Albert also has assumed leadership of various national federations and organizations, such as the Red Cross.

Albert has an older sister, Caroline, and a younger sister, Stephanie.

Should be interesting.

Thanks for posting the accompanying article pigzilla! Sorry, I didn't see that the notice had already been posted in the other thread!

The interview is really interesting. Albert has been discussing some pretty hot topics around here. He talked about why he is not married and what would happen if he never marries and produces an heir.

He's also discussing Ernst August!

No fair I don't have cable and btw what did he have to say about not being married?

Last edited:
Larry King usually provides transcripts within a few days so you'll be able to view the interview. He said that he had been with a few women that he had considered marrying. I missed the first part of the conversation because I'm flipping back and forth between this and The Apprentice! I'm taping it and will watch the rest of it later.

When asked about still being single at 46, he said that he obviously wants to get married but on his own terms, his own time, and that getting married is his own agenda. Caveat, these were not his exact words but something to that effect. He also said that he met someone who is 50 years old and just recently got married and is very happy so while he does not necessarily follow that rule, he will get married when the perfect timing comes.

the one thing i did like about the interview were questions dealing with his mom's death. that topic seem,for me, to private for open discussion. because for me, i haven't talk about such things....its just to private to share with someone who could care less. am i being to sensitive with this matter?

You've got to love Larry King for asking the direct questions. I was suprised that Albert responded to all of Larry's questions. Some of Albert's responses were diplomatic, but I think that even those responses had a bit of candor in them. For example, Albert described his brother-in-law as an animated fellow, and he acknowledged that Ernst had a tendency to get into trouble with the press. When Larry asked Albert if he liked Ernst, Albert quickly replied, "we all get along". Albert also acknowledged that his sister Stephanie had gotten herself into trouble in the past, but was currently doing well. Albert also politely fielded questions about his father's health, his mother's death, and world affairs. The interview left me with a favorable impression of Albert.

While overall I enjoyed the interview, I didn't care for how Larry King kept cutting Prince Albert off midsentence (especially on important subjects; ie: how the U.S. left that area in the Philippines that subsequently resulted in a generation of illness for Philippinos). I know Larry King has his own agenda & constraints on the show, but he could have been a bit more tactful & considerate.

The overall impression I got from watching Prince Albert was that he is a refreshingly sensitive man.

Actually Albert said Ernst "enjoys life" and things... when Larry asked how Caroline and Ernst's marriage was he said "everyone gets along."

"Enjoys life"? a diplomatic answer I have to say...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom