CP couples - who made the most of it?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CP couples - who made the most of it?

• Mette Marit & Haakon

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Maxima & Willem Alexander

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Mary & Fred

Votes: 35 26.1%
  • Felipe & Letizia

Votes: 41 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
and Felipe&Letizia...:bang: 0 popularity in Spain
Again, that is not true either. The recent opinion poll / enquest lead by El Pais showed precisely the contrary. The Prince and Princess of Asturias enjoy a great popularity among the Spanish population and the heir saw his appreciation highly increasing after the wedding.

Since you don't read the most relevant Spanish papers and you do not live in Spain either, your statement corresponds to a mere personal dislike towards the couple and not corresponds to the general opinion of the Spaniards.

Again, that is not true either. The recent opinion poll / enquest lead by El Pais showed precisely the contrary. The Prince and Princess of Asturias enjoy a great popularity among the Spanish population and the heir saw his appreciation highly increasing after the wedding.

Since you don't read the most relevant Spanish papers and you do not live in Spain either, your statement corresponds to a mere personal dislike towards the couple and not corresponds to the general opinion of the Spaniards.

I couldn't agree more, People who dislike Pinces of Asturias have to compare them with another crown couple for make them look the worst, It is a pity people can't give their opinion with a serious statement, just saying things that they have never heard, and want people believe in that stupid things, for example I don't have to say anything against Denmark crown couple, They don't like me, for me Frederik do nothing, but that isn't my problem, I just say cool things about what I like, and so on.

Ok:flowers:

Not that I dislike Letizia, but I don't think she is popular at all:) Its just my opinion

Ok:flowers:

Not that I dislike Letizia, but I don't think she is popular at all:) Its just my opinion

According to El País, it seems the Spanish Couple has a good popularity. El Pais is a "serious" newspaper, so I doubt of this result. But by other side, I don't think spanish people are Crazy about Letizia. In spanish forums she is not very popular and when I was in Spain I asked to some people I met what did they think about her. They said they admire the King, they respect the Queen very very much, but they didn't feel any special excitment about Letizia. She's ok, she had difficult times and she faced them with dignity, but that's it. These people didn't seem to care a lot about her and the Prince. This happened in Madrid, maybe other spanish regions have different views about her or maybe I talked with the wrong people. :flowers:

By my side, and sorry if I am repeating myself, I like Letizia a lot. She seems so bright, alert and energetic. That's why I feel sorry for not see her taking an active and principal role in any important event. Anyway, it's obvious she and the Prince are very in love and that's already a wonderful thing to watch.

Its too bad we can't rank the couples.

I think Willem-Alexander and Maxima have made the most of their position because they were allowed to. It appears that the position of the monarch in the Netherlands allows for the heirs to take on serious involvement concerning world issues - a freedom that doesn't appear to be allowed in other monarchies.

I think Felipe and Letizia have made the most of the position that they were allowed but they have not been allowed too much - especially Letizia.

I agree to Henri in these two. And I would like to add that the key in the Máxima - WA 'team' is that they work great either together or separately. IMHO That's why they add so much to the Crown (and to each other in their role)

I personally think that Maxima and Willem have the made the most of it. It seems to me that Maxima has added that spark to help bring the dutch monarchy from out of the "boring list." Plus they do many things to help the country look good.

Mary and Frederick
I think Frederick is a good example of why Hereditary Monarchy does not work. Despite his deficencies in public speaking, lack of leadership and general laziness he will be King simply because he was born first. As Queen Consort Mary will have her work cut out for her to smooth out her hubby's deficencies and pick up the slack. That's when we will see whether Mary is indeed more than a fashion princess.

MM and Haakon
The way of life and choices she made prior to marriage suggested a serious lack of class, something that also became evident after marriage (the airplane incident, walking down the red carpet in jeans). A Norway reporter once said that the people did not object to her because she was a commoner, but because she was such a common commoner. No amount of time and money can make her regal. Haakon may have married the love of his life, but in doing so filled the job of crownprincess poorly. Another flaw of monarchy, people marrying into a job.

Maxima and WA
These two fit perfect together and seem to complement each other well. There never seems to be any visible tension between them. I think they are making the most of their positions and have great fun doing so.

Felipe and Letizia
I feel for Letizia, the once outspoken and independent woman, now reduced to a breeding machine, rarely allowed to leave her mans side. She does seem to get on well with her in-laws, though, and does not appear unhappy in pictures.

Charles and Camilla
They should have married thirty years ago. Why Charles let himself being pressured into a marriage with Diana I will never understand. Was he afraid for his inheritence or did he actually believe he was obligated to marry a virgin? At least this story has a happy ending.

Mary and Frederick
I think Frederick is a good example of why Hereditary Monarchy does not work. Despite his deficencies in public speaking, lack of leadership and general laziness he will be King simply because he was born first. As Queen Consort Mary will have her work cut out for her to smooth out her hubby's deficencies and pick up the slack. That's when we will see whether Mary is indeed more than a fashion princess.

(...)

Felipe and Letizia
I feel for Letizia, the once outspoken and independent woman, now reduced to a breeding machine, rarely allowed to leave her mans side. She does seem to get on well with her in-laws, though, and does not appear unhappy in pictures.

Well Sylla, I have to agree on these two. Though I don't really imagine Joachim making a better King than Frederik, I think he'll do - but certainly Mary has a lot of rowing ahead to spice up things a little bit! ;)

Leti...a mere accesory to Felipe, till now at least. But every crown princess is somehow expected to be a breeding machine... am I wrong?

My Top Four:
1.) Maxima & Willem Alexander
2.) Mette Marit & Haakon
2.) Felipe & Letizia
4.) Frederik & Mary

Maxima and Willem Alexander are so nice and natural - they have many social patronages.
Mette-Marit and Haakon are so "normal" - they also have many social patronages (I like that very much).
Felipe and Letizia are so sweet and they are head over heels in love - they seem to be very smart and intelligent.
Frederik and Mary are a little bit artificial - just sailing and fashion (it seems to me like that, because I am not very interested in the Danish Royal couples).
What is about Mathilde and Philippe?

Last edited:
As a couple certainly Willem-Alexander and Maxima. They seem to bedoing this all on an equal basis, which I like. Maxima could keep her own identity, religion, interests and even her tacky names (for her daughters).

With all the other couples I feel there is a bit of an inbalance.

I think that Mette-Marit and Haakon made it better than others.
Mette-Marit may not be a classic beauty and fashion icon, she may choose confortable clothes to elegant dresses, but she's naturally beautiful.
I know she represents her country and she has to look correctly. But CP raises such important issues as AIDS, homosexual rights and so on. and I have to notice she does her job very well. does it matter how she looks when she speaks of this?
plus she made CP Haakon so happy. she produces a beautiful hair to the throne ;) I believe this is great. Norway will have a happy family man as a king in future :wub:
Mette-Marit as well as Haakon has not much engagements, as the rest of the family. so can we judge their work correctly?
I believe that they are the best CP couple. :flowers:

What a nice poll, too bad it's closed I still wanted to vote!
I think Felipe and Letizia have come quite far in the passed 4 years. WHat I like about this couple is that Letizia has not overshadowed Felipe like other princesses have. She does a good job, and is discreet all at the same time. I absolutely adore Leonor and Sofia of course!
Secondly, I absolutely love Willem and Maxima. While I just said what I like about Letizia is that she's not overshadowed her hustband, what I like about Maxima is that her lovely outgoing character has changed the stiffness of the Dutch Royal Family!

It's bad to close ,I can not vote but I want to comment!:flowers:

I think Felipe & Letizia!!

What a nice poll, too bad it's closed I still wanted to vote!
I think Felipe and Letizia have come quite far in the passed 4 years. WHat I like about this couple is that Letizia has not overshadowed Felipe like other princesses have. She does a good job, and is discreet all at the same time. I absolutely adore Leonor and Sofia of course!
Secondly, I absolutely love Willem and Maxima. While I just said what I like about Letizia is that she's not overshadowed her hustband, what I like about Maxima is that her lovely outgoing character has changed the stiffness of the Dutch Royal Family!

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom