Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 5: September 2018 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Carl Gustaf is wearing the the Order of the Polar Star cross, on a black band around his neck.

Letizia is too petite to this dress, and I don't like the colour of it at all, the pink is too harsh. A deep burgundy would have been a better choice.

Thanks for the correction !

The embroidery is beautiful but as others have already pointed out, the pink is too harsh.
I really dislike the top part, it looks like a t-shirt.

I've really enjoyed the pops of colour the Queen delivered today. She looks sublime in this dress wearing these jewels. I'll be eagerly waiting for a re-wear in the years to come!!

I really like the dress but i agree the top looks to casual like a last minute decision.. maybe she should have worn the joyas necklace this evening. I think its all fine wearing the fleur de lys for this event.

I like the pink, and I like the embroidery, but not together, and the bodice of the dress looks as though it belongs on a totally different gown. I think the Mellerio shell tiara would have better suited the embroidery on the gown. Not one of Letizia's better appearances.

It’s a beautiful dress, but not with that colored sash. It clashes with the pink.

I like the pink but I think the color difference between the pink and the white embroidery is just too stark. The big problem is the neckline and the sleeves look like a t-shirt which makes the embroidery (which is gorgeous by the way) in the middle section look odd. I think this has the potential to look really good but it missed the mark.

King Philippe has the Golden Flees too as his predecessors , never wears it.,

The King of Spain is the Great Master of the Spanish Order.

No collar for the Grand Duke Henri.

Really like this dress for her...she looks lovely.

LaRae

A schoolbook example in how you do as a guest to outshine the hosts :(

I usually like you Letizia but not this time. Sorry.

A schoolbook example in how you do as a guest to outshine the hosts :(

I usually like you Letizia but not this time. Sorry.

We can all have our views on the dress (and I am not a fan of the dress), but I really don't think that this dress in any way outshone the hosts.

Loooove the dress on her. Looking every inch a Queen!
Bye Bine

We can all have our views on the dress (and I am not a fan of the dress), but I really don't think that this dress in any way outshone the hosts.

I am aware that my view will be controversial and we all have our own taste. To me it's just too much of everything, from head to toe.

Last edited:
There are opinions for everything, perhaps others may think that some guests have gone too poor for an Imperial Enthronement... Some queens and princesses in state dinners with republics have worn more important jewels and dresses.

Letizia has looked for another wink, that of Japanese floral print silks. The designer of the first dress is from Córdoba, one of the Spanish cities that Naruhito has visited on more occasions. The evening dress is embroidered with flowers that imitate the shawls of Manila, which is an element of Spanish tradition and fashion directly linked to Asia.

Letizia has sought to unite her culture with the Japanese ... while other guests have sought a style closer to that of the Japanese imperial family, which is very traditional and sober. I don't think one is more respectful than the other.

Personally, I am bias, I love Letizia. I love her dress and her magnificent Tiara and earrings.

Its the top half it doesn't work with the rest of the gown it looks like a short sleeved top worn over a gown and sadly to say a big miss as queen Letizia normally looks amazing at these events.

Hmm personally I really cannot decide if I like that dress. I love bright colours on Letizia but the pink seems quite harsh indeed. I don't really mind the top part of the dress. I somehow think the floral pattern, the bright pink colour of the dress and the yellow and red colour of the sash are a little much. I love she wore her "big gun" tiara. Amazing!

I don't like the t-shirt like upper part and this shade of neonish pink but overall not a bad look from Letizia. I like those big skirt evening gowns. also the flowers looked delicate and beautiful. This tiara looks always too big for her ;)

Such a girly colour, not suited to a Queen.
Also she’s so thin,that tiara looks too big on her.
I quite like the dress otherwise, another colour would look lovely.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...o-wife-attend-glittering-reception-Tokyo.html

Hopefully I did this picture correctly because after looking at it I have another idea about this dress. Looking at the area above the embroidery, it looks like that upper part of the bodice and the sleeves was added to what was intended to be a strapless dress. The addition could have been done to be more in keeping with Japanese ideas of modesty. So it is possible we may see her wear this as a strapless dress at a different function. I think that might make me like it more.

I actually love the style of the gown and shocking to me, the embroidery.

That said I hate the color. Just too much.

Love the tiara she chose. Stunning on her.

There are opinions for everything, perhaps others may think that some guests have gone too poor for an Imperial Enthronement... Some queens and princesses in state dinners with republics have worn more important jewels and dresses.

Letizia has looked for another wink, that of Japanese floral print silks. The designer of the first dress is from Córdoba, one of the Spanish cities that Naruhito has visited on more occasions. The evening dress is embroidered with flowers that imitate the shawls of Manila, which is an element of Spanish tradition and fashion directly linked to Asia.

Letizia has sought to unite her culture with the Japanese ... while other guests have sought a style closer to that of the Japanese imperial family, which is very traditional and sober. I don't think one is more respectful than the other.

What a lovely thought and I think you must be right. I inherited one of those shawls, and now I know what it reminded me of. The colors of white and pink most likely have some Japanese good luck to them. She looks fabulous in the tiara with the gorgeous earrings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...o-wife-attend-glittering-reception-Tokyo.html

Hopefully I did this picture correctly because after looking at it I have another idea about this dress. Looking at the area above the embroidery, it looks like that upper part of the bodice and the sleeves was added to what was intended to be a strapless dress. The addition could have been done to be more in keeping with Japanese ideas of modesty. So it is possible we may see her wear this as a strapless dress at a different function. I think that might make me like it more.

It certainly looks like it, especially from the back.
But if so, why have a strapless dress, that is not suitable for Japan, modified instead of chosing a dress - even recycled - that works for the event in the first place? Makes no sense.

Her gowns look pretty, decorative and very appropriate for the occasion in Japan - the land which brought us Amime, floral painted rice paper and the cute cartoons of Hello Kitty and Pikachu.

Dress for South Korea banquet is not her style at all. There is nothing I like about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom