William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondering... If Harry, Will and Kate want to lead quite normal live why go they on premiere of the movie? Yes, they avoid red carpet but sorry lots of journalist were there. Why they don't go on movie on the next night to the normal cinema when no journalist and stuff is? Sarah with daughters agree on photos on red carpet but they like shining, Will and Kate went to the cinema in secret so what's up now?

I'm wondering the same thing, grace marie. I don't understand why those three didn't wait until the movie was in the theaters.

What they did sounded like they love the privileged life to the max!

First of all, William and Harry for all intents and purposes are not normal. If they were they wouldn't be considered royal and than what is the point of everything.

So I can understand the need and desire to see the movie the night of the premiere but not necessarily when the movie is out in the theatre. At least during the premiere you know who is in the theatre (one would hope) at least for security reasons.

And who wouldn't love the privileged life?

Honestly, in this instance...William and Henry can't win. They went to a premiere and didn't walk the red carpet surely there would be howls of why aren't they working, they sure get alot of time off for being in the armed services, they are acting like movie stars, etc or similiar remarks that one hears when Beatrice and Eugenie attend such events.

Last edited:
And now the Daily Mail provides a picture of William, Harry and Kate leaving the theatre. Apparently, they wanted to be low key so that they would not overshadow the actors.

------------------------

Sherlock Holmes is famous for his intellectual prowess and deductive reasoning.
But it's unlikely he'd need much of either to work out why these young royals were slipping out of the back door of a cinema - the front was being covered by a swarm of photographers.
Princes Harry and William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton were spotted using the back door of the Empire Cinema in Leicester Square on Monday night.

Princes William and Harry and Kate Middleton attend the Sherlock Holmes premiere | Mail Online

Another issue is that William and Harry appearing on the red carpet - big deal but if Kate is beside William then it is tantamount to an engagement as royals do not normally take their girlfriend on any sort of official engagement and appearing on the red carpet does become that type of appearance.

I do believe the boys are some where between a rock and a hard place on this one. They typically only do red carpets when they are supporting a charity that may be involved in the event. Here, they arrived and left dicretely without inconveniencing others, so I can't see what the problem is.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful event, lucky Kate a night out with 2 princes. :flowers:
William, Kate and Harry are doing all they can to be normal.

Can she look worst than this? Do something with your hair!!

When was this picture taken?
Next to QE lucky Kate. :)

When was this picture taken?
Next to QE lucky Kate. :)

I think this is a photomontage. :flowers: If I remember right this pic of Kate was taken during the charity as she appeared on rollerblades.

I think this is a photomontage. :flowers: If I remember right this pic of Kate was taken during the charity as she appeared on rollerblades.

Oh yes I realised they weren't at the same event. :)
The one where she fell down? :lol:

Well according to the heigh article William is taller than Harry.
I never knew Diana was taller than Charles.
I hope the royals don't scare off Chelsy she is such a wonderful girl. :)

Daily Express | Blogs | Richard Palmer | Royal blog: A future King for sale | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writers

PRINCE William has revealed the hypocrisy behind the Royal Family's efforts to stop photographers taking pictures of them when they are off duty.
William, who doesn't like pictures appearing of him and Kate Middleton doing controversial things like shooting wild animals, has been the prime mover behind attempts to argue that such photographs are an invasion of the Royal Family's privacy.

Yet this same Prince William has just done a deal to sell a glossy magazine pictures of him doing what we were told was something "private".

Last week I went along to a central London hostel run by Centrepoint, where the second in line to the throne was meeting young homeless people and marking the 40th anniversary of the charity, set up in the West End in 1969 to help young rough sleepers.

Good point Iluvertie. It sounds like the press is bitter about not being able to take photos of the royal family anymore at their private estate Sandringham, hence the nasty article. :rolleyes:

It is claimed that he was spotted with his camera outside the window of the Middletons' home

Kate spent Christmas at Restormel Manor in Cornwall. Which is not her home.

Your opinion is your and that is fine but I will agree to disagree for the following reasons:

Like you stated she is not a Princess yet she is a privite person with a right to have Christmas lunch at a table with her family on private property with out having to move it or having someone (job or not) take a photo of her up to the window or form up in a tree it is a invasion of privacy at least.:ermm:

What do you mean if she had issued a statement asking not to have pictrues taken of her? For that matter if you were looking at this form the point of she could be the next princess or maybe some day Queen should she really have to ask for privacy and above all respect???

Your talking about a woman who covers her face when out on daily events. Last year the Middleton family left the country for Christmas to avoid the media. This year they rented a private home, also she has filied complaints in past years for lesser days( meaning Christmas is a holiday) Why would they not think she would have a second thought about suing.

While it might be a fine line in court IMO it will not make it to court they will most likely settle outside of court like last time. I do thing that when she steps out with William she exspects to have photos taken but when she is not with him have some rights as a person. :bang:

I don't even want to comment on the Diana being a healer part of your post... she was a wonderful person who did great things for charity but a healer and the compairison to Christ??

Mermaid,

I think W. wants to extend this to his girlfriend too. However, in public perception, she's not a Princess yet so that warning didn't extend to her and it's sort of a test in how she'll be able to handle the press.

The royal family issued a notice about being photographed at Christmas but I didn't hear about one being issued by the Middletons. Maybe if they had, and asked for privacy and respect, it would be different.

If someone went onto private property and pressed their lens against the glass to take photos of Christmas lunch, that would be one thing, but how were they taking photos of lunch through the windows and this was so bad, if they were always on public property? Maybe they shouldn't have had lunch by the window if it's that easy to photograph, or, if its long lens, which I do think is sort of different...how were they to know they'd be sued over it? In their minds, they were doing their job and got some good photos, and might make money off of them, and then they get hit with an injunction. So the stake-out was a waste of time, which I'm sure doesn't hurt them, but I don't think they had notice beforehand.

I think it will be a fine line, in courting the press and respecting their work, and also keeping healthy boundaries up. I agree that the more that can be done to keep up boundaries or make new ones, is good. If they are reassured by a "coming out" now and then, that should be enough. But I mentioned the tree thing because for some people, it's really that important, that someone they admire so much, is accessible to them and they might even climb a tree to get their attention. Even papparazi. Let's just hope no one gets the idea to climb a tree and enter in through a bedroom window. !

Kate is a private person.

She was having Christmas lunch on private property.

She was playing tennis on private property.

She is NOT public property. We do NOT own her.

She has as much right to privacy as anyone else.

If someone decided to stand on the street, up a tree or anywhere else to take photos of me while I was doing private things I would be suing the pants off them.

Kate should be able to go about her business without the intrusion of the press who only want to take photos to sell to magazines etc who believe that the general public want to have these photos.

The general public have to wake up and realise that these people are still people and have rights to privacy, especially on Christmas Day when having lunch with their family.

I wonder if it really is William dragging his feet or whether Kate is shying away from the publicity side of things and will remain the 'girlfriend' for another 5 or so years until the biological clock says - 'Now or never'. Then again they might never marry and just live together leaving no direct heirs. A relationship like Andrew and Sarah, without having had the heirs first.

When Diana was hounded by the press on a daily basis she was protected by that Human Rights Act, which came into force in 1998.
Yes she's a private citizen, but even without William there she is still his girlfriend, she should expect to be followed, and to be photographed. Do you think newspapers and magazines care about stalking, a photograph of Kate Middleton is worth the sacking of a photographer if it comes to that.

Sorry but how could Diana had been protected by the Human Rights Act if it came into force in 1998?!!!!! Diana died in 1997! (Caroline of Monaco didn't get her judgement until 2002 and that's the one that established even public figures have a right to privacy)

So in your opinion since Kate is William's girlfriend she is entitled to fewer legal rights and protection than any other European citizen, including royals. No other citizen in Europe, royal or otherwise, is allowed to be followed and photographed against their will, but Kate is? British magazines and newspapers aren't all that interested in having pictures which are obvious paparazzi photos and hence the ones the Middletons are taking action over were never published in the UK.

The paparazzi are freelancers, they can't get sacked! They sell their pictures to agencies (which is why the legal action is also against Rex Features) and they sell them on. (Or in Sienna Miller's case she sued the paparazzi agency, and now none of their photographers can take photos of her)

Now if you personally as a private citizen have no problem being photographed from a distance by a total stranger, or have a total stranger try to take a photo of you from outside a window and then sell that photo. Then that's fine, that's your choice, the Middletons (all of whom are private citizens) on the other hand have chosen not to be photographed in their private sphere and are taking legal action, as is their right.

All I'm saying is she doesn't have the right to moan about getting pictured.
Yes she can sue who she likes, but don't make a fuss about it.
My reference to the act, was that she couldn't of been protected by it before her death, or marriage, because it wasn't there.

All I'm saying is she doesn't have the right to moan about getting pictured.
Yes she can sue who she likes, but don't make a fuss about it.
My reference to the act, was that she couldn't of been protected by it before her death, or marriage, because it wasn't there.

Of course she has the right to moan about getting pictured.

She is a private individual with the same right to privacy as you or me.

How would you feel if you were sitting down to Christmas Dinner with your family and some photographer took photos of you to sell? You wouldn't like it and would complain about it, wouldn't you?

Kate is a private person, who happens to be the Queen's grandson. If he is entitled to privacy then so is his girlfriend. Even more so as she is simply the girlfriend and nothing more.

She has every right to establish the boundaries and I wish that more public figures would do so to stop the ghoulish pleasure many people in the public get out of photos of these people doing ordinary things.

I'm sorry but for one i'm not dating the Queens Grandson, he comes with press, thats his "baggage".
They've been together 8 years, no engagement the press are getting anxious.
If I was in Kates shoes and I was the one being photographed, yes I'd sue, but I would've expected this to happen.
When she has a title, she can moan.
Thats my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom