The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2019, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The Queen almost certainly arrived by private jet which will be met by the sovereign grant funding as the Queen, Charles (and incidentally W&K) are permitted to class residence-residence travel as official.
Is that true?

Old 08-24-2019, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The cost of the Queen's flight (and Charles and Cams if they used jets) will be in the financial reports released in June time.
The most recent reports can be found here https://www.royal.uk/financial-reports-2018-19 and the cost of travel appendix shows the following for last financial year (up to march 2019)

April 2018 Charles and Camilla - charter jet - Northolt - Aberdeen £17,992
April 2018 The Queen - charter jet - Northolt - Aberdeen £16,330
April 2018 The Queen - charter jet - Aberdeen - Northolt £16,404
June 2018 Charles & Camilla - charter jet - Brize Norton - Aberdeen £16,627
June 2018 Charles and Camilla - Charter jet - Aberdeen - Northolt £16,617
July 2018 The Queen - charter jet - Northolt- Aberdeen £16,731
Oct 2018 The Queen - charter jet - Aberdeen - Northolt £17,689
Oct 2018 Chales - charter je - Aberdeen - Northolt- Aberdeen £28,911
Dec 2018 Charles - charter jet - Northolt-Prestwick-Brize Norton £17,259

Which totals £164,560 before someone asks

Lumutqueen - yes, the sovereign grant report states:

The Sovereign Grant meets the cost of official journeys undertaken by or in support of TheQueen and other members of the Royal Family. Travel by The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge between residences is categorised as official.

From here, pg 16
https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/f...or_website.pdf

William and Kate were added to the list of those who can class residence-residence travel as official sometime after the 13/14 financial report and the 14/15 one.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I understood the Queen takes the train every year to Balmoral....is this accurate?

LaRae
Old 08-24-2019, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

No, she takes the train from London to Sandringham every December and often does so to return in February.

I have read the annual Britannia cruise use to end somewhere close by in Scotland allowing easy (or easier) travel from the royal yacht to Balmoral. In the past the Royals have used the royal train to get to Balmoral but doubt they have since the nearest station at Ballater closed in 1966.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ah ok, thanks!

LaRae
Old 08-24-2019, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I was surprised to see so many pix of the rf in the Fail. I thought they weren't able to get pix of them there, so remote?
Old 08-24-2019, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe most of the photos are from Glas-allt-Shiel, a lodge on the edge of Loch Muick, I think there is some public access hence how the photographers are able to get pictures. The Queen and Philip seem to use the lodge most weeks for a BBQ so any half decent photographer would know where to be.

We have seen at Sandringham that even when photographers are on public lands getting pictures if the Queen and RF feel it is getting too much they will intervene and threaten legal action.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I believe most of the photos are from Glas-allt-Shiel, a lodge on the edge of Loch Muick, I think there is some public access hence how the photographers are able to get pictures. The Queen and Philip seem to use the lodge most weeks for a BBQ so any half decent photographer would know where to be.

We have seen at Sandringham that even when photographers are on public lands getting pictures if the Queen and RF feel it is getting too much they will intervene and threaten legal action.

Thanks tommy100.

I checked out this property on Google Earth, but that is limited, although there is a closeup of a dead deer in one of the Street View areas!

Then I came across a lot of photos and a great first-hand experience of the property from a blogger who was hiking and stayed there. (It is a shelter for walkers.)

Some furniture is from Queen Victoria’s time.

Icing on the cake, apart from the photos, was the staff saying that William, Kate and some of their friends had spent Halloween, (2016), at the house.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:20 AM
Majesty

If the cambridge airplanes crashes , no Heir to be and no Heir to be after him.
I am sure they travelled separately.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure why you would think that when we saw them together on their way on or off the plane.

We have seen them travel together before to Poland, New Zealand and Canada to name just a few as well as to go on holiday to Mustique (we saw William holding George on year). Incidentally William, Harry and Charles all travelled together before when needed, most notably after the death of the Queen Mother.

Whether or not they should travel separately is a different issue but it is clear, at the moment at least, they do all travel together.

The Queen and Charles do not travel on the same plane, likewise Charles and William do not
Old 08-25-2019, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
If the cambridge airplanes crashes , no Heir to be and no Heir to be after him.
I am sure they travelled separately.
Willliam and Harry frequently traveled on the same plane as their father when they were children. The same is true of William and his children.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness

I know that the Cambridges did not set the precedent but I think TPTB need to rethink them traveling together. William and his children are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in line to the throne. Yeah the odds are very small but if the unspeakable happens, it can topple the monarchy IMO. I can see chancing it when it was the heir and his toddler son traveling together as part of a major tour in the early 1980s but now (post-Lockerbie, post 9/11) we are talking about four heirs who are traveling as a group on an ongoing basis, and I think that should be reconsidered.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree it should be reconsidered but this is not a discussion for this thread. They did travel together to Aberdeen and atm it appears to be their usual routine to travel together. No church pics yet?
Old 08-25-2019, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth with other members of the family at the church today

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...rch,_balmoral?

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rch-today.html
Old 08-25-2019, 07:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm not sure why you would think that when we saw them together on their way on or off the plane.

We have seen them travel together before to Poland, New Zealand and Canada to name just a few as well as to go on holiday to Mustique (we saw William holding George on year). Incidentally William, Harry and Charles all travelled together before when needed, most notably after the death of the Queen Mother.

Whether or not they should travel separately is a different issue but it is clear, at the moment at least, they do all travel together.

The Queen and Charles do not travel on the same plane, likewise Charles and William do not
they seem to have largely droped this practice in the past years..
Old 08-25-2019, 07:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Queen Elizabeth with other members of the family at the church today

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...rch,_balmoral?

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rch-today.html
Lovely to see the Cambridges travelling with The Queen
Old 08-25-2019, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I see the Wessexes are still at Balmoral.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I see the Wessexes are still at Balmoral.
That's 2 weeks in a row that James hasn't gone to church with them, I wonder why.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
That's 2 weeks in a row that James hasn't gone to church with them, I wonder why.
Like most kids his age he probably finds it boring and can't sit still.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Lovely to see the Cambridges travelling with The Queen
Most unusual to see a member of the BRF sitting in the front of the State Bentley ...