State Visit from the King and Queen of Spain: July 12-14, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Lady sitting next to Prince Harry (perhaps someone can identify her) has on a superb tiara!

The King is speaking now in Spanish.

HM The Queen of Spain looks like the living dream of Royalty. So beautiful! I was hoping for her to wear this breathtaking tiara! The british Queen wears one of her most ugly, the brazilian, tiara...!
I guess if Catherine was a member of another RF she would have received, as well as the Dss of Cornwall, the Order od Isabella the Catholic! But due to the Queen´s strange order policy... Odd beecause she´s giving out orders to male Prince consorts but not to Majesties, Queen consorts!

The duchess of Cambridge's cleavage is quite something too ...

I don't think so....it was said this was a gift from the Queen's parents to her years ago.

LaRae

Thank you Pranter for the correction, I got my queens confused. Somehow I always see Queen Mary and jewelry going together. It was the Queen Mom who inherited the jewelry from Mrs. Greville, not Queen Mary. Wonder just what Queen Mary would do with all those jewels as she so loved playing with them ......?

Her neckline is daring but not inappropriate. And that neckline is perfect for showcasing that amazing necklace.

Yes I was thinking that also...quite daring for her. She looks wonderful!

LaRae

OMG! 3 Windsor ladies in their aquamarines! Sophie is wearing her necklace/tiara.

Delicious to think they planned it that way :) :)

Both Queen Letizia and the DoC look as beautiful as I have every seen them look. Letizia should wear red every day for the rest of her life.:lol:

The Lady sitting next to Prince Harry (perhaps someone can identify her) has on a superb tiara!

The King is speaking now in Spanish.

Henry is sat next to the Marchioness of Cholmondeley :flowers:

Which male Prince consorts are you talking about? Prince Henrik did not receive the Order of the Garter and only his wife, The Head of State and Queen, received it. This is the tradition. The Queen only bestows the Order upon Head of States and not Consorts.

Her neckline is daring but not inappropriate. And that neckline is perfect for showcasing that amazing necklace.

Oh i'm not complaining ! I do think she looks incredibly smashing and let's say...hot !

I LOVE the bodice and sleeves on Kates' dress...I can't wait to see the whole outfit at one time so I can see how it works together. lol

LaRae

Oh god he is not stopping. DoE may snap off any moment I am afraid..

The King switches to English now to address The Queen personally

The Marchioness in her tiara from the Chinese State Visit is wearing it again this evening. I just Googled it.

Is the Queen wearing the collar of the Golden Fleece ? I cannot see it very clearly.

Queen Letizia looks INSANELY regal tonight.

Is the Queen wearing the collar of the Golden Fleece ? I cannot see it very clearly.

No she isn't wearing the collar, she is wearing it on the red bow.

Couple of thoughts after seeing the speeches:
Big winner of the night is Prince Harry - he is looking good!!
It's funny that King Felipe sitting down is almost as tall as The Queen standing up.
The King's speech was a little long. This is the first time I've heard him speak English and it's not as fine tuned as I would have expected.
The room is decorated beautifully.

I thought the King's English was near perfect which is pretty amazing given how nerve-wracking it must be to speak in a 2nd language in front of that crowd. IMO he made as many minor mistakes/stumbles as the Queen did in her speech.
Didn't predict any of those tiara choices tbh! Nice necklace on Kate but have to say when she walked in I thought the dress looked horrendous, I'll wait for pictures to judge lol!
Interesting that the Queen mentioned 'difference' in reference to Gibraltar. Also I hadn't realised Juan Carlos was the first foreign monarch to address both houses of parliament, I kept reading it was important to the Spanish that Felipe do so but hadn't realised the history behind it.
I liked Felipe acknowledging the extra turnout in royal attendance, nice touch!

Back
Top Bottom