Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 6: July 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Kentski, a £320,000 gift from an oligarch... and talk of him becoming Russia's new Tsar
The occasion is bound to *follow the traditional path of kisses and handshakes. But the 70th birthday in six weeks’ time of Prince Michael of Kent is the object of a mischievous new guessing game in London’s smarter drawing rooms: just who will be sending him presents? The revelation this week that, for six years until 2008, he was receiving what one close friend describes as a ‘stipend’ from colourful London-based Russian oligarch Boris *Berezovsky was embarrassing enough.

The recent lengthy discussion of Princess Michael's Austrian/German/Silesian ancestry has been moved to her Family & Lineage thread.

Isnt there this whole thing about prince michael having these close ties to Russia and something about being tsar ? Something like that...

Isnt there this whole thing about prince michael having these close ties to Russia and something about being tsar ? Something like that...
Well, Prince Michael does have a very high profile in Russia; he is probably the most well-known member of the British Royal Family after the Queen, Prince Philip and the Wales family (at least, among those who are interested in royals of any kind at all). And he does have close ties with the country and even speaks decent Russian. Of course, mostly he is so well known in Russia because he bears an uncanny resemblance to the last Tsar, Nicholas II; people just feel nostalgic.
On the other hand, there is very, very little chance that, in case of possible restoration, Prince Michael will be offered the Imperial Throne.

Last edited:
I am surprised to learn that Prince Michael, who is well-recieved in the Russian top echelons, has contact with the persona non grata such as Mr. Berezovsky. It would be impossible to determine why Mr. Berezovsky chose to help Prince and Princess Michael out with the rent.

Last edited:

Bruce Murray, the 12th Duke of Atholl and Prince Michael of Kent attended the Atholl Highlanders Parade at Blair Castle in Blair Atholl, Scotland on May 26, 2012 . Bruce Murray succeeds his father the 11th Duke of Atholl, John Murray who passed away on the 15th of May in hospital in South Africa. The Atholl Highlanders date back to 1777, and hold a unique place in military records as the only private army in Europe.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Highlanders Parade During The Blair Atholl Highland Games **

Thanks for the update!
The parade was grand. It is great to see Scots adhering to the tradition. Both Prince Michael and Duke of Atholl looked regal.

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were pictured visiting a restaurant in Mayfair, London on June 1, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Princess Michael of Kent attended the Galerie Gmurzynska Dinner for Zaha Hadid & Suprematism held at Les Trois Rois
in Zurich, Switzerland on June 11, 2012.

Princess Michael of Kent and Lady Gabriella attended the wedding of Fabrizia Ruffo Di Calabria and Borja Benjumea in Como,
Italy on June 9, 2012.

Both looked lovely!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Thanks for the photos!
Both ladies looked gorgeous. Is Fabrizia Ruffo Di Calabria related to Queen Paola of Belgium?

Last edited:
Um... is it just me or were there some rather strange, and rather revealing, dresses there, considering this was a wedding!

Thanks for the photos!
Both ladies looked gorgeous. Is Fabrizia Ruffo Di Calabria related to Queen Paola of Belgium?

Yes, she is; Fabrizia's late grandfather, Prince Fabrizio Ruffo di Calabria, was Queen Paola's older brother.

It has been kind of you to provide the information!:flowers:

Prince Michael of Kent has watched the Ladies' Singles first round match between Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic and Akgul Amanmuradova of Uzbekistan on day two of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships in London today, June 26, 2012.

Sitting next to Prince Michael is Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Princess Michael had attended the Wimbledon Tennis Championships one day earlier on June 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Michael of Kent attended the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Chichester on July 1, 2012.

Hi All!

I have missed checking in here but thanks for all the updates. Wow, MC is hit and miss in these photos. She looked awesome at Wimbledon ... as if she hadn't aged in 10 years. However, I personally feel that wearing her hair up gives her more of an "old lady" look (which is fine too, I suppose). I hope she is out and about at the Olympics as I'd love to see some new photos. I have a soft-spot for her :flowers: even though I know I'm in the minority.

I hope all of you folks have been well!

From Princess Michael's website:

27 July 2012 - Prince and Princess Michael attend a reception at Buckingham Palace for the Heads of State and Government who are in London for the Olympic Opening Ceremony

27 July 2012 - Prince and Princess Michael attend the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games

28 July 2012 - Princess Michael attends the Olympic Tennis at the All England Club, Wimbledon

29 July 2012 - Princess Michael attends the Olympic Equestrian Individual Eventing at Greenwich Park

30 July 2012 - Prince and Princess Michael attend the Olympic Equestrian Individual Eventing at Greenwich Park

31 July 2012 - Princess Michael attends the Olympic Men’s Skeet Shooting at the Royal Artillery Barracks, Woolwich

Photos: zero. :mellow:

Last edited:
It is nice to know that the couple attended some competitions. A lack of photos is not surprising at all.

Princess Michael of Kent attended the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg, Austria on August 18, 2012.

** Pic **

Prince Michael of Kent attended the commemorations to honour Allied soldiers killed 70 years ago in a failed World War II invasion, in Dieppe, northern France, Sunday August 19, 2012. Some 1,400 soldiers had been killed in "Operation Jubilee" when the Allies had tried to briefly invade Dieppe to test German defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom