Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
everything everyone does shows who they are. you can tell so much by just watching what they do; watching their mannerizisms. i am not analyzing them but i have noticed things about them.

so...

what makes you think he has a oedipus conplex?

A What complex? :eek:

I think they have seen the mistakes that both parents made in the marriage and will pick the right lady for them.
If William's wife has many qualities of Diana so be it. As long as he is happy and she understands what she is getting herself into. They have to work on their marriage not just their public image. If the marriage falls so will the public face of the couple. Diana was a truly good person but Charles and her were not meant to be and the marriage crumbled then their public image.
Their marriages will only be a problem if they don't learn from their parents mistakes and if they are not happy.

i think that if they're going to marry, they're going to marry them for love. and having a father who retorts "whatever love means " should give them the idea to form what is the definition of real love. and they also should know that marriage is a partnership. both have to work to make the marriage work. not only one. not like diana. alone in her struggle to make her marriage worked. again, marriage is a partnership. they should understand what that means before they actually settle down, and settle down for good.

I just hope that if they get marry to marry someone that they really love and that will make them happy, even if they are not from novel blood happiness to me is what matter the most.. and unhappy man can not be ask to run a contry when he can not even run his household

Warren said:
The only legal restrictions on a marriage are by the Act of Settlement and the Royal Marriages Act:

* Up to the age of 25 he requires the permission of the Sovereign to marry;
* He can marry anyone, as long as she is not Roman Catholic.

If he does marry a Roman Catholic he forfeits his right to the Throne.

This is not the Queen's ruling, it is laid down by an Act of Parliament and can only be changed by the British Parliament.

If a royal cant marry a Roman Catholic and if he/she does they forfeit the right to the Throne....Then does this mean Prince Charles wont be King? seeing as Camilla his new wife is Catholic.

Kaileah said:
If a royal cant marry a Roman Catholic and if he/she does they forfeit the right to the Throne....Then does this mean Prince Charles wont be King? seeing as Camilla his new wife is Catholic.

Camilla is not Catholic. Her ex-husband was and (I think) they were married in a Catholic church. That's all. That doesn't make her Catholic.

Binky said:
Camilla is not Catholic. Her ex-husband was and (I think) they were married in a Catholic church. That's all. That doesn't make her Catholic.

I heard that Camilla was Catholic.

Kaileah said:

I assume when you say Catholic you mean Roman Catholic because in the Anglican Church when we say the Apostles Creed or the Nicene Creed we use the following phrase "I believe in the Holy Spirit,the holy catholic Church,". When I was learning this I asked my minister about this and he taught me that this meant that the Anglican church was also a Catholic church but was not subject to Rome hence the Roman Catholic church or Popish Church, which is the one banned under the Act of Settlement. 'Catholics' in this sense relates to a church having bishops I believe (if I understand my catechism lessons from my early teens).

If Camilla was a Roman Catholic then Charles would have automatically been barred from the throne as soon as she became his wife. That is clearly stated in the Act of Settlement. It is also reasonable to assume that an announcement to that effect would have been made at the time of the announcement of the engagement or on the day of the wedding.

She is regularly seen attending church with Charles as well. That also points to her being at least a token Anglican and not a Roman Catholic. Has anyone ever seen her or heard of her taking communion in a Roman Catholic Church (except when supporting the religious upbringing of her children - I say this because I took communion in a Roman Catholic Church at the First Communion of my godson and both my neices as an act of support and with the consent of my own Anglican minister and that of the Roman Catholic priest who was presiding at those services).

As no such announcement was ever made it is reasonable to assume that Camilla is not a member of the Roman Catholic Church.

When the members of the Kent family either married Roman Catholics or converted it was announced at the time that they lost their place in the order of succession (with the exception of the Duke of Kent whose wife converted AFTER the marriage and therefor he didn't lose his position). The same thing happened when Princess Caroline of Monaco married Prince Ernst of Hanover - he lost his place in the order of succession due to his wife being a Roman Catholic but their daughter is still in the order of succession as she is being raised a protestant. This loss of place was announced at the time of the engagement/wedding.

The government and the monarch would have to be satisfied that Camilla was not a Roman Catholic at the time of the marriage or they would have announced that Charles was no longer in the line of succession or that they were intending on changing the Act of Settlement.

As no such announcement has been made then Camilla it is reasonable to assume that she is not a Roman Catholic.

Last edited:
Kaileah said:

A lot of people were saying it at the time the engagement was announced. It's just an incorrect assumption because her ex-husband is Catholic. She was raised in a Protestant family and has not (as far as anybody knows) converted to Catholicism.

Elspeth said:
A lot of people were saying it at the time the engagement was announced. It's just an incorrect assumption because her ex-husband is Catholic. She was raised in a Protestant family and has not (as far as anybody knows) converted to Catholicism.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I was wrong about what i said i will admit that. that was what i was hearing and the thing is with the media you dont hear the truth alot....so people like me will believe what they hear. but thanks.:D

chrissy57 said:
I assume when you say Catholic you mean Roman Catholic because in the Anglican Church when we say the Apostles Creed or the Nicene Creed we use the following phrase "I believe in the Holy Spirit,the holy catholic Church,". When I was learning this I asked my minister about this and he taught me that this meant that the Anglican church was also a Catholic church but was not subject to Rome hence the Roman Catholic church or Popish Church, which is the one banned under the Act of Settlement. 'Catholics' in this sense relates to a church having bishops I believe (if I understand my catechism lessons from my early teens).

If Camilla was a Roman Catholic then Charles would have automatically been barred from the throne as soon as she became his wife. That is clearly stated in the Act of Settlement. It is also reasonable to assume that an announcement to that effect would have been made at the time of the announcement of the engagement or on the day of the wedding.

She is regularly seen attending church with Charles as well. That also points to her being at least a token Anglican and not a Roman Catholic. Has anyone ever seen her or heard of her taking communion in a Roman Catholic Church (except when supporting the religious upbringing of her children - I say this because I took communion in a Roman Catholic Church at the First Communion of my godson and both my neices as an act of support and with the consent of my own Anglican minister and that of the Roman Catholic priest who was presiding at those services).

As no such announcement was ever made it is reasonable to assume that Camilla is not a member of the Roman Catholic Church.

When the members of the Kent family either married Roman Catholics or converted it was announced at the time that they lost their place in the order of succession (with the exception of the Duke of Kent whose wife converted AFTER the marriage and therefor he didn't lose his position). The same thing happened when Princess Caroline of Monaco married Prince Ernst of Hanover - he lost his place in the order of succession due to his wife being a Roman Catholic but their daughter is still in the order of succession as she is being raised a protestant. This loss of place was announced at the time of the engagement/wedding.

The government and the monarch would have to be satisfied that Camilla was not a Roman Catholic at the time of the marriage or they would have announced that Charles was no longer in the line of succession or that they were intending on changing the Act of Settlement.

As no such announcement has been made then Camilla it is reasonable to assume that she is not a Roman Catholic.

I am a Roman Catholic and I went to Catholic school as a child. I was taught that the Angilcan Church is not Catholic because they broke away from the Church by a KING not a BISHOP. if they had broken through a Bishop it would be a whole new story but they did not. they broke away because King Henry VIII wanted a divorce and the Pope would not grant it. I could be wrong but that was what i was taught by my religion teachers at school and i also learned it from the Religious education classes i had to take at church also(for my first Communion and Confirmation). We were told that the only church we could recieve communion in besides the Catholic Church that is headed by the Pope, is the Orthodox Church whether it be Greek, or Russian or any other reconized Orthodox Church because they broke away through a Bishop. Just like we as Catholics can not recieve communion at a Luthern church...they broke away through a priest not a Bishop. For us the line of succession has to come through a bishop who is appointed by the Pope, it can not come any other way. Most non Catholic are not supposed to recieve communion at our Church's either like we can not at theirs.

Kaileah said:
I am a Roman Catholic and I went to Catholic school as a child. I was taught that the Angilcan Church is not Catholic because they broke away from the Church by a KING not a BISHOP. if they had broken through a Bishop it would be a whole new story but they did not. they broke away because King Henry VIII wanted a divorce and the Pope would not grant it. I could be wrong but that was what i was taught by my religion teachers at school and i also learned it from the Religious education classes i had to take at church also(for my first Communion and Confirmation). We were told that the only church we could recieve communion in besides the Catholic Church that is headed by the Pope, is the Orthodox Church whether it be Greek, or Russian or any other reconized Orthodox Church because they broke away through a Bishop. Just like we as Catholics can not recieve communion at a Luthern church...they broke away through a priest not a Bishop. For us the line of succession has to come through a bishop who is appointed by the Pope, it can not come any other way. Most non Catholic are not supposed to recieve communion at our Church's either like we can not at theirs.

I have never seen this explanation before in over 25 years of teaching the Reformation and the beliefs of the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches.

I have done some digging on the internet however.

The following two quotes come from http://www.anglican.org.au/index.cfm?SID=2&SSID=5 an Anglican site and clearly state that the anglican church regards itself as catholic just as the Orthodox churches do.

'The English believed, like the Orthodox Eastern Church, that it was possible to be Catholics without the Pope.'

'The ancient Church in England became the reformed Church of England and still claimed to be Apostolic, Catholic, Reformed and Protestant.'

The Catholic Encyclopedia site http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01498a.htm says

'They believe that the Church of England is a true and reformed part, or branch, or pair of provinces of the Catholic Church of Christ.'

It seems clear from these quotes and from the creeds that are used in the Anglican liturgy (both Apostles and Nicene - 'I believe in one CATHOLIC and apostolic church) that Anglicans regard themselves as catholic but not Popish or Roman Catholic.

You have obviously been taught differently to me and I respect your beliefs but I will hold that as an Anglican I am a Catholic otherwise how can I possibly say the creeds and mean them if I am not able to believe in one Catholic church.

I don't want to see this degenerate into a slanging match so please, agree to disagree rather than have religious differences spoil a board.

I reiterate I have stated my beliefs and I respect yours and have shown you where I have obtained some of my information and on what I base some of my arguments just as you have.

Warren said:
The only legal restrictions on a marriage are by the Act of Settlement and the Royal Marriages Act:

* Up to the age of 25 he requires the permission of the Sovereign to marry;
* He can marry anyone, as long as she is not Roman Catholic.

If he does marry a Roman Catholic he forfeits his right to the Throne.

This is not the Queen's ruling, it is laid down by an Act of Parliament and can only be changed by the British Parliament.

can somebody tell me why is it that the english royalty cannot marry a roman catholic? is there any reason for it? i read in the posted post that it would forfeit his right to the throne. why does it has to be like that? and what is the difference between a roman catholic and an anglican? :confused:

Ellie2 said:
when prince william was attending a press meeting in a farm recently one of the journalists asked him about charlotte and what he thought of her and he said, "sorry to dissapoint you gentlemen but I never met the young lady in question".

that's true. i read somewhere that charlotte also gave kinda the same comment.. she has never met william personally.

Act of Settlement

auroraDaniel said:
can somebody tell me why is it that the english royalty cannot marry a roman catholic? is there any reason for it? i read in the posted post that it would forfeit his right to the throne. why does it has to be like that? and what is the difference between a roman catholic and an anglican? :confused:
The Act of Settlement, which is an Act of Parliament, lays down the rules regarding succession to the British Crown. Among the rules is one stating that a person who marries a Roman Catholic forfeits his or her right to the Throne.

The reason is that the Parliament wanted to ensure the Protestant succession after King James II was forced from the Throne because of his Catholicism.

An Anglican is a member of the Church of England, which was a break-away from the Roman Catholic Church under King Henry VIII. The Monarch is the head of the Church of England.

The Monarch does not determine these rules, the Parliament does, and the rules can only be changed by the British Parliament.

For a more detailed explanation see the posts by Chrissy57.

well, i just hope that william marries for love and not taking anybody within the family circle. Inbreeding would have genetic glitches and we all know the mad kings and queens of yester years all can be connected with inbreeding..or so they said..

Warren said:
Charlotte is Miss (Mademoiselle) Charlotte Casiraghi.
Hi Warren. Do you know what is Charlotte citizenship: Italian like her dad (logical choice), Monegasque like mum (political choice) or ... French:confused:?

Wisnu said:
How if Charlotte convert to Anglican ?

I think right now, the law says that a monarch cannot be or marry "a Papist" or anyone that has "ever been a Papist" (something like that). So even if Charlotte converted, under current law, she cannot be queen. But in the event that William wishes to marry a Catholic, the gov't will probably change that law, granted the girl is otherwise suitable.

Idriel said:
Do you know what is Charlotte's citizenship: Italian like her dad (logical choice), Monegasque like mum (political choice) or ... French:confused:?
No idea; I'd guess Monagasque. Good question. I suppose Andrea and Pierre would be the same as Charlotte,while Alexandra may have German citizenship.

Another thought on Andrea... for the "just in case" dynastic scenario it would be prudent to have him a citizen of the country he may one day rule.

what about princess madeline of sweden? she is beautiful and is use to life in the public eye?

My favourite (forgetting religion and all that) is Charlotte Casiraghi (yes Casiraghi, i prefer no titles instead Hannover; and i don´t think that Char change her surname, it´s her Dad´s part, and i she changes it, i hope it would be to Grimaldi)
I prefer Char couse she is quiet (well, consider her mom and aunt at her age), beautiful, smart and she´ll have stuning children with Wills

Idriel you´ve made a great question, and definitly i don´t know the answer!!! I guess she is monegasque (she born in Monaco) or perhaps italian, buti think that ranier´s gave to stefano a monegasque citizenship

It's funny that everyone's talking abouta possible William and Charlotte hookup. I heard that tabloids in the 70s proposed Caroline as a possible bride for Charles (obviously ignoring Caroline's Catholism and then partying life style)

doesn't any one think princesses madeline of sweden & prince will would be a good match?

I think he could marry Zara. She is perfect. They get along really well, she knows first-hand the pressures of being royal, and she is talented and pretty. But I am sure the inbreeding would not be that big of a problem.

semisquare said:
doesn't any one think princesses madeline of sweden & prince will would be a good match?
I agree with you,i donno about all these talks about Charlotte,Theodora or..when a beautiful princess like Madeleine exists.

Last edited:
I don't think William will marry a "royal" I actually think he and Kate are quite serious and she could be a future bride! I hope so as she seems really nice and more importantly discreet. On top of that it wouldn't do any harm for the inbreeding that exists within the royal families of Europe to miss out a couple of generations!!
Just a note, it is in fact illegal to marry your first cousin in England but not in Scotland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom