Preferred Wives For William and Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana may have been very jealous of the women her sons dated but she was never a strict parent or firm disciplinarian by any stretch of the imagination. She rebelled against it and firmly wanted her sons to have a more lenient upbringing.

And the result is what we see today - two young men who appear to be always drunk in public and seem to avoid any traditional royal duties.

It may have seemed a good idea at the time but I think in hindsight it wasn't. Charles appears to have continued with her attitude after her death and consequently the idea of duty, with which he was imbued from the cradle, as was his mother, appears sadly lacking in his sons.

In hindsight I think Diana was a great mum to ordinary boys but for these two in their position I think a bit more of the Queen and Duke's approach was needed.

Charles and Diana were really co-parents .They both had the same philosphy of how they wanted to raise their children. It was the one area in their lives together that they actually agreed with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana may have been very jealous of the women her sons dated but she was never a strict parent or firm disciplinarian by any stretch of the imagination. She rebelled against it and firmly wanted her sons to have a more lenient upbringing.

Yeah I could only see Diana being slightly jealous for attention, not very strict with them and telling them to dump a girl cause she disapproved. It would be interesting to see how different they would be if she was still around...but...

IMO if Diana was alive I don't think Harry would've gotten into so much trouble like wearing that halloween costume or sniffing vodka. Remember she died when Harry was 12 and William was 15 way before they would start to appear drunk in public.

IMO if Diana was alive I don't think Harry would've gotten into so much trouble like wearing that halloween costume or sniffing vodka. Remember she died when Harry was 12 and William was 15 way before they would start to appear drunk in public.

They both would probably have a better handle on the media....she knew how to work it out and would've taught them well. Unfourtunately she died too soon to do so...especially with Harry.

They both would probably have a better handle on the media....she knew how to work it out and would've taught them well. Unfourtunately she died too soon to do so...especially with Harry.

I hate saying this. I mean, of course I would wish Diana alive. But I think it's possible that in the case of her being alive, the princes might be even more spoiled. Both Charles and Diana were terribly over-indulgent. And Charles perhaps over did things anyway to compensate for the loss of Diana. But of course, it's impossible to say what the result would be like if Diana had survived the crash....

I doubt we'd see them behave very differently if Diana were still alive. They have had the example and influence of their grandparents as far as duty and how to behave in public is concerned and it doesn't seem to have left much of an impression. They were away from home at school, and, in William's case, university, for most of the time anyway, and would do as their peer group does, not what their parents might say. I think it was always likely that they would behave largely the way they have and do.

Last edited:
I hate saying this. I mean, of course I would wish Diana alive. But I think it's possible that in the case of her being alive, the princes might be even more spoiled. Both Charles and Diana were terribly over-indulgent. And Charles perhaps over did things anyway to compensate for the loss of Diana. But of course, it's impossible to say what the result would be like if Diana had survived the crash....

I strongly dissagree with you, Diana did not overly spoil her children I read A Royal Duty and Paul Burrell never once said she spoiled them. I don't think Diana would've sat by and let her kids do whatever they want like Princess Caroline and her kids. :)

I don't think Diana was spoiled as a child from divorce. Diana hated the way her parents gave her things and she had to choose between them. She was just coming into her own after the divorce and realizing that she didn't have much time with her children because of school, sharing time with Charles and the boys becoming teenagers Windsors.

I think she would have done her best to help the boys with guidance with drink, drugs, and sex. But we will never know how teenage boys would have responded. I do think Harry would have had less problems. I don't know about William.:neutral:

Well they say William is a lot like his mother as far as his general attitude. He was defintiely the closest to her in all ways...it's been said that he was her closest confidante which can be wrong and cute...however you want to look at it.

Well they say William is a lot like his mother as far as his general attitude. He was defintiely the closest to her in all ways...it's been said that he was her closest confidante which can be wrong and cute...however you want to look at it.
Hmm. That does seem to be the case. My eldest tends to be my confidante as well. . . . .

Well in After Diana...the author presented evidence pretty much saying that she told him A LOT of deeply personal things. That's why I said at times it could be wrong...or cute LOL. But in the end it sounds like it was a very special relationship...

The book even said at the end that William is less close with his father than Harry...and that could be for a lot of different reasons but I would say he is still his mother's son through and through, no matter how much other influence has been passed onto him after her death.

Well I don't tell my son deeply personal things, but a lot of the truth that he should know about. Especially about his father. And that's tough because he loves his father even though the guy's a complete looser.

And the result is what we see today - two young men who appear to be always drunk in public and seem to avoid any traditional royal duties.

It may have seemed a good idea at the time but I think in hindsight it wasn't. Charles appears to have continued with her attitude after her death and consequently the idea of duty, with which he was imbued from the cradle, as was his mother, appears sadly lacking in his sons.

In hindsight I think Diana was a great mum to ordinary boys but for these two in their position I think a bit more of the Queen and Duke's approach was needed.

I admire HM the Queen and HRH the Duke immensely for their devotion to duty and the strength of their marriage but somewhere along the line I feel they have not been successful in transmitting these lessons in relationships to their children as most have ended being divorced. I wish William and Harry to have successful marriages with the ladies they will eventually settle down with.

I don't think Diana was spoiled as a child from divorce. Diana hated the way her parents gave her things and she had to choose between them. She was just coming into her own after the divorce and realizing that she didn't have much time with her children because of school, sharing time with Charles and the boys becoming teenagers Windsors.

I think she would have done her best to help the boys with guidance with drink, drugs, and sex. But we will never know how teenage boys would have responded. I do think Harry would have had less problems. I don't know about William.:neutral:

I agree on this.. we could see from one of the documentary when the children did interfere her during the speech training, she firmly ask them to sit and be quiet. There's a case when William was being naughty, she went to William and spanked his butt:lol: And its happen during sport day, if I'm not mistaken.. so, I think she might slightly quite strict with both her sons.

But yeah we never know if she's alive today, how she can handle her teenage boys... Boys will always be boys...and so do girls :D I agree it might be just like Princess Caroline with her children..except Diana might have lots of support from the strict rules of the British monarchy (compare to Monegasque monarchy):rolleyes:

William and Amanda Hearst would be wild...2 big dynasty families coming together...and Amanda just has so much class and elegance.

Is Amanda Hearst still dating Jamie Johnson? (Love Jamie, met him some years ago, swell guy). :cool:

Jamie is brilliant. Born Rich was fantastic, I thought. He's not bad looking either. I used to have the craziest crush on him. :wub: I got over it, though I still think he's hot.... :cool: anyway, yeah, back OT, Amanda would look hot with Wills, but probably too hot. I dunno, I think maybe she's too hot for him.. hehe. Poor Wills. :D

Jamie is brilliant. Born Rich was fantastic, I thought. He's not bad looking either. I used to have the craziest crush on him. :wub: I got over it, though I still think he's hot.... :cool: anyway, yeah, back OT, Amanda would look hot with Wills, but probably too hot. I dunno, I think maybe she's too hot for him.. hehe. Poor Wills. :D

I just think an American girl like her coming from the Hearst family and going into the Windsor family of England would be fascinating to watch. The media would be very insane though not only in England but also in America...it was being discussed on TFS about these two and I defintiely think it would be an interesting match up...

I agree he would probably be grateful for a girl like Amanda to take interest in him...LOL

Hey, of all the American proposed "eligible" (that word again) :D princesses-in-waiting, Amanda is the most suitable, no doubt about it. She trumps Ivanka Trump and Lauren Bush by a long shot. :cool: Though I have nothing against Ivanka.... met her too, as she actually introduced me to jamie, one of her best pals, and she rocks...... but Amanda would be a better princess than her I guess.... I dunno what I'm saying.

Hey, of all the American proposed "eligible" (that word again) :D princesses-in-waiting, Amanda is the most suitable, no doubt about it. She trumps Ivanka Trump and Lauren Bush by a long shot. :cool: Though I have nothing against Ivanka.... met her too, as she actually introduced me to jamie, one of her best pals, and she rocks...... but Amanda would be a better princess than her I guess.... I dunno what I'm saying.

I agree with you...Amanda is the best candidate in America as far as the heiresses go and has the most interesting family background too...

There is something trashy about the Trumps to me...Donald is just too obnoxious and he encourages arrogance...:ermm:

I used to like Kate to be William's wife. Well, I preferred Jecca because she has such a unique persona and she fascinated me, but he became serious with Kate so she grew on me.

I also liked Chelsy to be Harry's wife.

But now Harry is behaving so badly, apparently drowning his sense of worthlessness about the war in alcohol and snorting vodka and (probably) shooting endangered birds. He started being less attentive to Chelsy (being late to pick her up at the airport, being in Paris on her birthday) and she probably decided (to her credit) not to put up with it anymore. She put up with the baggage of being a royal girlfriend while he treated her like a goddess, but then he stopped treating her as she deserved, and she must have felt, well what's the point?

Now I hope that William and Harry do not marry until well into their 30s at the earliest. I think for them to wait even longer, when they are in their 40s, would be just fine, because it might take that long for them to grow up. I know the older you grow, the harder it is to marry, especially when you are a prince who seeks the right kind of woman without skeletons in her closet. But honestly, William and Harry need a lot of work, and it must take many years for them to get their heads screwed on the right way.

Finally, I hope that both of them marry intelligent and classy women because those kinds of genes might be the savior of the next generation. Like, William plus Bimbo can't possibly produce a decent royal child. He needs a brilliant woman to balance out his many shortcomings. Charlotte Casiraghi is always my first choice for either of the brothers, but .......... I know it is 99.9% unlikely to happen.

Last edited:
Finally, I hope that both of them marry intelligent and classy women because those kinds of genes might be the savior of the next generation. Like, William plus Bimbo can't possibly produce a decent royal child. He needs a brilliant woman to balance out his many shortcomings. Charlotte Casiraghi is always my first choice for either of the brothers, but .......... I know it is 99.9% unlikely to happen.

I think ever since Charlotte emerged as this amazing beauty in her teens and a clearly together young woman...she became the dream partner for many royal's heirs...like her mother before her.

In this case I think she would fit best with William...not Harry so much. :cool:

Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Prince William
Princess Theodora of Greece and Prince Harry

Ever since they were children, I have dreamed of Madeleine of Sweden for Prince William. She is beautiful, Royal and Protestant.

On paper Charlotte of Monaco looks great but in fact she would be a terrible choice for William. She is too Catholic, too Mediterranean, and too sophisticated for William. I think William would bore her, and aside from her beauty he wouldn't like her either. Also, William would have to give up his place in the Succession if he were to marry her, and I can't see Charlotte converting to Protestantism. The Grimaldis have been Catholic from the Middle Ages, it's a part of who they are.

I think people who keep saying that William and Charlotte would be "perfect" together keep forgetting that very important fact. In the world of non-Royals, religious identity is a minor thing, but where Royals are concerned it is a very big thing indeed...it's a State concern.

Bored to death??:rolleyes: I thought so too. William looks 'boring' and conservative..I did told someone before :D(no offend to William..sorry). However, that was one of the reasons why Princess Caroline picked someone else rather than Prince Ernst (when he was being introduced to him at an early stage. He was a boring person.. but suddenly now they become husband and wife for almost 7-8 years). Sometimes love can change somebody perspectives and if the couple really do understand the meaning of 'marriage life'.. Another two royal couples in contrast, Queen and Prince Philips, 60 years is such a long period..

But Princess Madeliene looks fine with William and Charlotte will look great with somebody like Prince Amedeo or Prince Guillaume (if she happens to look for another billionaire heir..since she is the billionaire heiress :lol:). They had met, but no sparks from both sides...yet!!:wub:. We may just need to wait until Will really meet Char or Madeliene..or other ladies...somebody like Isabella maybe...:whistling:

Last edited:
LOL! You read my mind. I think Charlotte would be perfect with Prince Amadeo, he is rumored to be as brilliant as she is. But unfortunately Charlotte has inherited her Mom's early taste for lounge lizard/playboy types.

I think that Charlotte will have at least one divorce in her life, but for her sake I hope I am wrong.

When I said that I think William would bore Charlotte, I agree that he seems conservative but also their tastes are different. Charlotte by all accounts is extremely intellectual, into literature, fashion and the high life. William is very bright but he is no intellectual, his tastes run to hunting and nightclubbing and other upper class aristocratic English pursuits.

Last edited:
As well as hunting and clubing couldn't he literture but it would not be something thta was nessisarily highlighted or even ever talked about since go along with aristocraric pursuits of his set.
However, I see marrying an English woman.

I like Kate for William right now. They seem to understand each other and are comfortable, supportive and friendly with each other. If they are still together in 2 years, I think they will marry.

However if they go their separate ways, I would like to see William with the equivelent of a Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands. Someone who has had a taste of the world, is intelligent and fun-loving and can lighten him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom