Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt it Princess Mary, The Princess Royal, siser of George VII? . I think Queen Elizabeth looks just like her as a child

Scott

It's little Queen Mary -- Princess Anne, Zara Phillips, and the Queen looked remarkably like her when they were all little girls. The recent small photo of Lady Louise toddling alongside Sophie reminds me of Queen Mary's baby picture, too.

I think Princess Beatrice strongly resembles a young Queen Victoria. She def. favors more her father's side than her mother's, except for the red hair.

I think Lord Frederick Windsor resembles Queen Alexandra's 1st son, The Duke of Clarence?

The Queen resembles her father and grandmother.

And when they were both very small children, I think Zara Phillips and her mother were nearly identical.

Kelly said:
The British royal family is not great looking I think. Except Diana's sons.

I would have to agree with you but I think Charles was very cute when he was younger in his teens. I think he looked or acted kind of like William in a way. I also think William and Harry are very cute as well!!!

HRHAmy said:
I think when Beatrice gets older she will be the spitting image of her mother Sarah. You can tell now that she is looking quite a lot like her mother. Or et least I think so.

Beatrice: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7048&d=1053984208

Sarah: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=231792&d=1141959834[/quote]

I agree with you HRHAmy Beatrice looks very much like her mother and when she gets older I think they'll look very much alike. Maybe they'll look like sisters!:)

Can anyone see the resemblences of the four children of HM to each other? I saw a picture of Edward @ the Garter ceremony and he and Anne resemble each other greatly as he does Andrew and Andrew and Charles kind of have the same nose in a way. Charles in one picture I saw looked like HM. Sorry I don't have these pics but you can see it any picture.

xx hrh xx

Thats the Countess of Harewood? looks like Zara and Anne to me

Lady Gabriella Windsor is the blonde version of Princess Alexandra of Kent, and Princess Marina, Duchess of kent

selrahc4 said:
This one, too, Chrissy, has always reminded me of Harry. His great-grandfather Prince Andrew is the child at the lower right in the photo.
(from http://royalhouseofgreece.tripod.com/id3.html )
Actually, I think the very young Princess Beatrice looks alot like this picture of the very young Prince Andrew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bella said:
Actually, I think the very young Princess Beatrice looks alot like this picture of the very young Prince Andrew.

And the large ears some Windsors have apparently came from the Greek royals! The Kents are also descended from the Greek royals.

Another uncanny family resemblance is Prince Michael of Kent and Tsar Nicholas II. Michael is related to Nicholas through his paternal grandfather who was the tsar's first cousin and also through his maternal grandmother who was also the tsar's first cousin.

Here's an old photo of Michael: http://www.hydeparkappeal.org/prince.jpg

This may be a longshot, but I think Princess Eugenie actually looks a lot like a young Queen Anne Marie of Greece and Denmark.

Lady Bluffton said:
Can we start a thread about family resemblances in the British Royal Family? I've often thought Queen Mary passed on some rather strong genes to her children and grandchildren, and that Peter Phillips and Prince William look very much alike (especially in the mouth and the way they carry themselves). Sometimes it's hard to forget in all of our scrutiny of the royal that they are after all a large extended family and we get to watch the way they grow, change, and age.
HM Queen Elizabeth II looks like her mother,the late Queen Elizabeth,The Queen Mother and her late grandmother,HM Queen Mary.

Last edited:
Do you think? I think the older QEII gets, the more she resembles her paternal grandmother, Queen Mary. It is really striking in some pictures.

Last edited:
Avareenah said:
Do you think? I think the older QEII gets, the more she resembles her paternal grandmother, Queen Mary. It is really striking in some pictures.

I agree with this. I posted earlier on in this thread how Queen Elizabeth really looks like Queen Mary. They have the same eye shape and same stare.

Looks just like Princess Anne. Is photo of Queen Alexandra as a child?

The Queen though look a great deal like her own mother the Queen Mum as well where Anne and Zara are closer to Queen Mary in appearence.I think Lady Sarah Chatto has alot of her grandmother in her with some of the Queen Mary mixed in.
Princess Maraget really took after her father-the eyes especially.She also looks like the Duke of Windsor a bit she was quite striking.
I agree Prince Michael of Kent really looks alot like George V and Nicholas II but somehow Prince Michael is more handsome.His son Frederick does look like Michael's father and Gabriella looks something like Princess Alexandra and Grandmother Marina with a bit of Gabriella's own mother's look and especially the blonde coloring.
William looks like Peter Phillips and Harry is starting to look like his grandfather the Duke- the genetics in the family are strong sooner or later they take over.
Beatrice looks like Fergie but Eugenie takes after her father Prince Andrew,The Queen and The Queen Mother.

The only thing Beatrice shares w her mom is her hair color. If you look at her face she looks just like her dad: the eyes, jaw, nose. Eugenie looks like no one, really. The young Queen Mother is a long-shot at best.

I think Eugenie looks like the Fergusons -- her eyes remind me of Ronald's...does anyone have photos of Fergie's parents?

Bella said:
The only thing Beatrice shares w her mom is her hair color. If you look at her face she looks just like her dad: the eyes, jaw, nose. Eugenie looks like no one, really. The young Queen Mother is a long-shot at best.
Fair enough going back over photos of Beatrice I have to agree with you she looks a great deal like her father-I think it's the red hair that made me think otherwise-red hair can be quite overpowering.I still think Eugenie looks like a Windsor but some photos show it more than others as she ages I'm sure she will grow to look more like her father's family many of them do takke on the look more as thy get older.

Penny Lane said:
The Queen though look a great deal like her own mother the Queen Mum as well where Anne and Zara are closer to Queen Mary in appearence.I think Lady Sarah Chatto has alot of her grandmother in her with some of the Queen Mary mixed in.
Princess Maraget really took after her father-the eyes especially.She also looks like the Duke of Windsor a bit she was quite striking.
I agree Prince Michael of Kent really looks alot like George V and Nicholas II but somehow Prince Michael is more handsome.His son Frederick does look like Michael's father and Gabriella looks something like Princess Alexandra and Grandmother Marina with a bit of Gabriella's own mother's look and especially the blonde coloring.
William looks like Peter Phillips and Harry is starting to look like his grandfather the Duke- the genetics in the family are strong sooner or later they take over.
Beatrice looks like Fergie but Eugenie takes after her father Prince Andrew,The Queen and The Queen Mother.
Lady Sarah Chatto looks like HRH Princess Anne,The Princess Royal.

I agree Sarah has the look as well but she has a slightly sofer look that seems to come from the Queen Mum.

I think we can all agree that little Lady Louise looks a great deal like her Grandmama (HM) when she was a small child. Esp. in those pictures from this past summer when the RF gathered on the yacht.

srivishnu said:
Lady Sarah Chatto looks like HRH Princess Anne,The Princess Royal.

Nope, sorry, Lady Sarah is the spitting image of her dad. It's like she sprang from his forehead. I think Lord Linley and Princess Anne look more alike.:flowers:

chrissy57 said:
selrahc4
...why I don't give any credence to the Hewitt rumours - Harry just looks too much like Philip's father at that age.
I always thought Harry looked exactly like Diana's sisters.

One charactaristic which has definitly gone down many generations is Queen Alex's "boggly" eyes, (no offence) down to King George V and to George VI and the Kents,esp. Prince Michael and Freddy! Princess Margaret, and to Viscount Linley, and Prince Andrew receiving it and passing it onto his oldest daughter! Not counting other recepients of this facial feature

Queen Marie said:
I always thought Harry looked exactly like Diana's sisters.

I think so, too. Esp. her sister, Sarah. Sometimes, though, in certain pictures, you can def. see a little bit of the POW in Harry's features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom