British Royal Christmas 2004-2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the new pics , Avalon posted, i just saw Camilla had a bag that fits perfectly to her hat and also to her coat. Very nice!
The pic together with Charles is my favourite Royal Christmas pic of this year!
Does anybody know if the Royal Couple is Scotland now and will have a party for the New Year at Birkhall?:rolleyes:

sophie was there too?

So Kate didn't go after all. Don't worry - I won't say "I told you so". But I did.

Is that Beatrice and Eugenie in the background with the picture of the Queen on Boxing Day?

Force of habit. The press frequently call the Countess "Sophie Wessex" or "Sophie Rhys-Jones". Personally, I blame the Duchess of Kent who is now insisting on being called "Katharine Kent". Apparantly it's to do with her religious views. Princess Michael needs to have a firm word with her sister-in-law IMO.

milla Ca said:
Prince Charles opts out of Royal Shoot

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005979953

But the pic, Iceflower posted, shows Charles at this shoot ,or is the one where the pic is from another event?

It also says

"Charles' mother Queen Elizabeth was not present for the shoot, but she joined the party later for a family lunch at the royal retreat of Wood Farm",

which we can see from the photo's is not entirely accurate, she may not have shot (which I doubt) but she was at the shoot! :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
It also says

"Charles' mother Queen Elizabeth was not present for the shoot, but she joined the party later for a family lunch at the royal retreat of Wood Farm",

which we can see from the photo's is not entirely accurate, she may not have shot (which I doubt) but she was at the shoot! :rolleyes:
does the queen actually shoot I thought that she didnt and went with her dogs to get the birds that are shot or something like that. I know that she's probably gone shooting in the past, but i've never actually seen a picture of her with a gun.

I believe two different shooting days are being mixed up. There was the Boxing Day (Dec 26) shoot with pictures, and the Dec 27 shoot which seems to be the one Prince Charles skipped.

Elise27 said:
does the queen actually shoot I thought that she didnt and went with her dogs to get the birds that are shot or something like that. I know that she's probably gone shooting in the past, but i've never actually seen a picture of her with a gun.
No she doesn't shoot now, although I believe she has in the past! She was clearly seen at the shoot and wasn't just waiting at Wood Farm.

The article refers to the Wednesday shoot which was the day after Boxing Day not the Boxing Day shoot which is the one the pictures are from.

so who gets invited to Christmas with the royals? the Queen's children and grandchildren and spouses...but who else? exes, cousins, fiances/fiancees...and what about New years? is that a special (read exclusive) event too, with the same guest list as Christmas?

Well, it's usually family only and the staff work on a voluntary basis. That is - they volunteer to give up their Christmas to work at Sandringham. For the day itself, it's very strictly family only and then that changes from year to year. In the 80s, Princess Alexandra was always there. Now she stays with her son over Christmas.

Queen Elizabeth with all royal family on Sandringham,she is to mother and grandmother,aunt,grea-aunt!! It is pretty great-sisterschildren(grandchildren to princess Margaret)Margarita speak with great-aunt Queen Elizabeth. It is first sisterschildren with on Sandringham to Queen Elizabeths home.!!! Wow photo is elegant on Duchess Camillas dress and hat!

Christmas at Sandringham 2007

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall walking in Sandringham, Norfolk,
Britain, while Prince Charles and guests were on a pheasant
shoot - 7 Dec 2007 - :flowers:

* Pic 1 * Pic 2 *

I love the hat HRH is wearing in the pics.:) I bet it keeps her warm.

How cold is it in Norfolk? How do you shoot wearing thick warm gloves? Maybe the shooters have some ultra thin space-age fabric that keeps the circulation and feeling working in their hands. Is this a pre-Christmas visit or are they already in residence? I'm full of questions today.:D

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower. :flowers:

How cold is it in Norfolk? How do you shoot wearing thick warm gloves? Maybe the shooters have some ultra thin space-age fabric that keeps the circulation and feeling working in their hands. Is this a pre-Christmas visit or are they already in residence? I'm full of questions today.:D

The whole UK is pretty cold at the moment. Luckily, after years of in-breeding in Norfolk the natives are equipped with fur.

(I jest of course, the people of Norfolk are charming. I just wouldn't live there).

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall walking in Sandringham, Norfolk,
Britain, while Prince Charles and guests were on a pheasant
shoot - 7 Dec 2007 - :flowers:

* Pic 1 * Pic 2 *

Such pictures just make 'you' want to keep her company. Although I'm sure she enjoys her alone time as anyone would.

She looks so happy dressed down and in the country. You can tell she's a country girl at heart!

It is, at the moment, blooming cold in Norfolk! Under that Barbour she probably has a layer of Fleece, Thinsulate or Thermal undies! :D How do they shoot with thick gloves (Camilla was not shooting), they may have Thinsulate lined gloves or pocket handwarmers. Todays fabrics are amazing.

Last edited:
There are 10 pictures of The Duchess at the Sandringham on 7 December.
http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/search.php?u=&assignment_id=40726

I don't think The Duchess did any shooting that day because normally when she takes part in the shoot she has her Jack Russells with her. The caption, in any case, merely says that she was out walking on the country lanes.

Thank you for the pics, CasiraghiTrio!:flowers:
I think you´re right. I read that the men were shooting while the ladies were out for a walk. But who are the two women who joined Camilla. I read that Princess Alexandra was with her, but i can´t see her on the pic?!

Last edited:
I thought Maybe Princess Alexandra is the person that is hiding in her hat & coat in pic 3. Or maybe not. In pic 9 you can see some of the face.... no Princess Alexandra, I don't think.

The other woman.... Do you think she is the Marchioness of Lansdowne? Look here: scroll to bottom

Last edited:
Ah, thank you, CasiraghiTrio:flowers:, i think you´re right with the Lady in the middle.
But i think the ´hidden in the clothes´ person is too tall and big to be Princess Alexandra, but i´m not sure.

I don't think The Duchess did any shooting that day because normally when she takes part in the shoot she has her Jack Russells with her. The caption, in any case, merely says that she was out walking on the country lanes.
I have never heard that Camilla participates in any of the shoots. :ermm:

Thank you milla Ca, how sweet they look and in sensible hats against the biting cold. I always like Camilla in the paler mixes. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom