British Royal Christmas 2004-2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be one of our strongest traditions - listening to Her Majestys' Christmas message. It's wonderful to know that in that moment, we're linked to all of the other millians of Commonwealth citizens, and the over 200 million people, to whom Her Majesty is Queen.

I thought the choristers all looked really very tired..

mandyy said:
Photos from Reuters

She may be her great great grandchild, but good god! HM the Queen looks like Queen Victoria in the first photograph of post 211 :eek:

"MII"

Last edited:
It was on both ITV and BBC this year. It is on both channels every year I think.

Margrethe II said:
She may be her great great grandchild, but good god! HM the Queen looks like Queen Victoria in the first photograph of post 211 :eek:

"MII"

She really does! I had looked at the photo earlier and didn't even notice, but now that you point it out.....

Will's princess said:
Sophie is shown in the car as well as the walk to and from the church!! How is it decided who gets to go in the car?
Who decides who gets to ride in the Queen's car? The Queen of course. :)

I watched the christmas message over at the BBC.It's a great one, especially with the boy's choir (?).

Skydragon said:
They also have in-laws, a husband and wife, their siblings, aunts, uncles, the list is endless.:eek:

Yah, true! I see your point!
:D

auntie said:
Now where is HRH Princess Edward of the GB, Countess of Wessex?

here she is... she looks fabulous! :) (picture from newscom)

Attachments

• gamma296252.jpg
    gamma296252.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 321
Margrethe II said:
One thing I always look forward to is HM the Queen's speech, and as always a very appropriate & meanningful topic.

I watched it as well and I totally agree with you. The speech was meanningful as usual. She spoke of things that matter for the people of the UK and the countries of the Commonwealth.

Warren said:
Who decides who gets to ride in the Queen's car? The Queen of course. :)
The queen always goes by car and a member of the family with a very young child (who does not attend the service) joins her. However i read that they were also accompanied by Princess Beatrice. I have no idea how she qualifies.

lady_windsor said:
The queen always goes by car and a member of the family with a very young child (who does not attend the service) joins her. However i read that they were also accompanied by Princess Beatrice. I have no idea how she qualifies.
Yah i do agree that the Queen seems close to Princess Beatrice, but i'm not sure is it the first time Beatrice joins in the Queen's car for the ride to the Church at Christmas....:confused: And Eugenie as well?But i'm sure Her Majesty has been going with the Countess of Wessex since 2002 after The Queen Mother's death right?And the Queen also goes with the Countess on many other occasions like at Easter or on Boxing Days.

There have been some pics of Countess of Wessex at Sandringham Xmas Service yesterday just released from Getty, but just one clearly the other 2 got watermark on:

Attachments

• Xmas2005ServiceWessexes25thDec.jpg
    Xmas2005ServiceWessexes25thDec.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 371
  • XmasService2005Royals25thDec.jpg
    XmasService2005Royals25thDec.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 566
Prince and Princess Michael do not attend Sandringham Xmas Service ???

Sophie was definitly the best dressed and most fashionable one in the royal crowd

Paula** said:
Prince and Princess Michael do not attend Sandringham Xmas Service ???

These days the Queen's Christmas celebrations are just for her immediate family. When she didn't have all those grandchildren and son and daughters in law, and the celebrations were held at Windsor, the extended family (the Gloucester and Kent cousins and their children, but not the Lascelles cousins) were expected to attend. These days, Sandringham Christmas is just for the Mountbatten-Windsors.

Elspeth said:
These days the Queen's Christmas celebrations are just for her immediate family. When she didn't have all those grandchildren and son and daughters in law, and the celebrations were held at Windsor, the extended family (the Gloucester and Kent cousins and their children, but not the Lascelles cousins) were expected to attend. These days, Sandringham Christmas is just for the Mountbatten-Windsors.

What is the relationship with the Lascelle Cousins?!

Pictures from UK Press

Attachments

• Royal_Christmas_20-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_20-UKP.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Royal_Christmas_1-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_1-UKP.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Royal_Christmas_3-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_3-UKP.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Royal_Christmas_4-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_4-UKP.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 491
  • Royal_Christmas_6-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_6-UKP.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 489
  • Royal_Christmas_9-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_9-UKP.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
The Lascelles cousins are the children and gradchildren of the previous Princess Royal, who was George VI's sister and married Henry Lascelles, the Earl of Harewood. I assume that once she'd married, her family were considered to "belong" to the Lascelles side rather than the Windsor side, and they would have spent their celebrations with the Harewoods.

Also, the elder son of that marriage was involved in a rather acrimonious and public divorce, and was pretty much cut adrift from the royal family as a result. He wasn't sent invitations to royal events and so on, much like the Duke of Windsor. This was alleviated somewhat after Princess Margaret's divorce, but by then probably the Harewoods and Windsors weren't all that close.

2nd ones from UK Press

Attachments

• Royal_Christmas_17-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_17-UKP.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 436
  • Royal_Christmas_19-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_19-UKP.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 265
  • Royal_Christmas_18-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_18-UKP.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 282
  • Royal_Christmas_16-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_16-UKP.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 464
  • Royal_Christmas_14-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_14-UKP.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 570
  • Royal_Christmas_11-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_11-UKP.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Royal_Christmas_10-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_10-UKP.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 279
3rd & last ones from UK Press

Attachments

• Royal_Christmas_22-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_22-UKP.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Royal_Christmas_24-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_24-UKP.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Royal_Christmas_25-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_25-UKP.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Royal_Christmas_28-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_28-UKP.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 732
  • Royal_Christmas_30-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_30-UKP.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 365
  • Royal_Christmas_31-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_31-UKP.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 371
  • Royal_Christmas_37-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_37-UKP.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 447
  • Royal_Christmas_38-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_38-UKP.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 617
  • Royal_Christmas_39-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_39-UKP.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 619
  • Royal_Christmas_40-UKP.jpg
    Royal_Christmas_40-UKP.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 280
Oh well Beatrice is trying to be over the top again with eccentric clothes and hats, (just like mummy dear) but Eugenie, ah well she is a real beauty!

auntie said:
Sophie was definitly the best dressed and most fashionable one in the royal crowd
ABSOLUTELY! That pink/mauve coat was wonderful and she looked radiant. The Queen chose well to have Sophie in the car with her!:)

Sophie has arrived in a car with the Queen each of the last 4 years or so, has she not?

IMo. I think that beatrices's hat is fine she is young it is her time to have fun with fashion. :)

Thanks lots purple platinum for pictures from Ukpress with lots of different pics from other photo agencies we have not seen, it's great we see the whole outfit of Sophie, i think it's her new boots, i quite like Sophie looks in it, she has never worn black boots.And the pink outfit was great as well as the hat, Sophie looks wonderful!!!

Peter looks so great! Hottie! Wow, I haven't thought Peter looks so great in some time. He's always handsome, nice looking, but for the first time in awhile he looks really hot. :D

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Is there any reason for that?
Probably because she is pregenant with her child. The Queen wanted to protect her from any incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom