The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 02:18 PM
Majesty

I've read the communiqué, too. Buckingham Palace was very smart to manage the situation, which will be resolved in private, which is the best way to manage such a problem.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Well this is one of those perennial topics. And a matter for Parliament. One person's reform is another person's censorship.

At least we don't have those partisan tv new networks that some places do.
I agree. It is censorship. If they had new rules for what the media could write, Charles should first start with Camilla coz nobody else has had to face that kind of vilification.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
''Some accounts may vary'' is saying you don't care and you don't believe what they're saying...
It's called giving a benefit of doubt.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I agree. It is censorship. If they had new rules for what the media could write, Charles should first start with Camilla coz nobody else has had to face that kind of vilification.
Well not just her either, I seem to remember seeing papers call the Duchess of York pretty nasty nasty names. (when she was still married to Prince Andrew) Alot to do with her weight.

Alot of the women in the family has had crap thrown at them.

But yes the newspapers should be kinder but I am not sure if we will see that since alot of people buy up the tabloid stuff.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I am not buying it. It's an excuse. If that was the case, the title issue would have come up by Megan and Harry. They have explained why THEY did not want it for their son. Meghan said that they did not have the right to make that decision for Archie or take that from him.

I am not debating it further. As I said, it's just an excuse for not doing the right thing.
What right thing? Tearing up the rule book?
Old 03-09-2021, 02:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
Well not just her either, I seem to remember seeing papers call the Duchess of York pretty nasty nasty names. (when she was still married to Prince Andrew) Alot to do with her weight.

Alot of the women in the family has had crap thrown at them.

But yes the newspapers should be kinder but I am not sure if we will see that since alot of people buy up the tabloid stuff.
Yeah, people on here and everywhere are acting like this is an apocalypse, and everything needs to be changed coz somebody said something. Talk about an overly overreaction.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
''Some accounts may vary'' is saying you don't care and you don't believe what they're saying...

That's not what the press release says anyway. it says "recollections may vary"

And I don't think that means they don't care. I do think it means that they think some of what Meghan and Harry are saying isn't the truth.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Action is louder than words. I’m not buying this.

Completely agree!
Old 03-09-2021, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
What right thing? Tearing up the rule book?
I believe that the right thing for the Sussexes would have been to just exercise some patience knowing that their children would one day be "HRH Prince/Princess of Sussex" when Charles' reign began. If it was important for the couple that their son have a title, we all know that there was one that they could have used immediately after his birth. Likewise there is one that can be used for his sister.

As we know titles do not equal full time RPOs for all members of the family and that includes those who have seen their RPOs removed over time when their personal threat level was reassessed.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:32 PM
Royal Highness

Seems to some Meghan and Harry are so super special rules that apply to every other Royal don’t apply to them and indeed their child is much more important than all the other Royal Great grandkids so he must! Have special security and a title right! now! The Royals begged to differ so they are big bullies and meanies now.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Though I thought they would not issue a statement but provide media lines, I was correct in my guess that the statement would mention these elements:

Race issue to be taken seriously

Matters to be dealt with privately

That line about Harry Meghan being much loved members of the family.

However, the “recollections may vary” line is genius. Props to their comms team for that succinct but loaded line.

How do you misremember multiple conversations in which a RF member voiced concern regarding the child’s color. That line is appalling and shows that they don’t get it.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I believe that the right thing for the Sussexes would have been to just exercise some patience knowing that their children would one day be "HRH Prince/Princess of Sussex" when Charles' reign began. If it was important for the couple that their son have a title, we all know that there was one that they could have used immediately after his birth. Likewise there is one that can be used for his sister.

As we know titles do not equal full time RPOs for all members of the family and that includes those who have seen their RPOs removed over time when their personal threat level was reassessed.
Exactly.
But people want the RF to meet each and every whim of theirs. IDK why some people even here think that they're so special. They're no different to Margaret, Andrew or any other spare you can think of.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
That's not what the press release says anyway. it says "recollections may vary"

And I don't think that means they don't care. I do think it means that they think some of what Meghan and Harry are saying isn't the truth.
I don't think it's either. I think both sides may remember differently. Studies have been done on memory. People's memories aren't precise snapshots and it doesn't mean either this person or Harry (whom it was said to) and Meghan (who was told what was said second hand) are lying. I think they are saying just what the palace statement said that both sides remember differently.

We don't know how many times it was said Harry (and Meghan). Was it only before they were married or did it include after Meghan was pregnant? The interview doesn't tell us clearly how many times this comment/type of comment was said as both as in the interview Harry and Meghan named different times.

This article is about the unreliability of human memory (without deliberate intent to lie):

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...%20a%20feature.

"Human memory is notoriously unreliable, especially when it comes to details. Scientists have found that prompting an eyewitness to remember more can generate details that are outright false but that feel just as correct to the witness as actual memories.

In day-to-day life, this isn’t a bug; it’s a feature. We can’t possibly remember every tiny detail we see, but our memories would feel incomplete if there were big swaths of gray running through them. So the brain fills in the details as best it can, borrowing from other memories and the imagination in order to build what feels like a complete picture.

“A key rule about memory change over time is what we call fade-to-gist,” explained Dr. Charles Brainerd, a professor of human development at Cornell University, in an interview with Healthline. “That is, we lose the details of experience rapidly but retain our understanding of its gist much longer."
Old 03-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny2 View Post
How do you misremember multiple conversations in which a RF member voiced concern regarding the child’s color. That line is appalling and shows that they don’t get it.
How can neither H nor M get the timing of such conversations right in the same interview!? That's even more appalling.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

You ever heard of the Telephone game? That’s how. By the 20 person hearing a story it maybe completely different and embellished beyond recognition.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Um....there's even discrepancies between Meghan and Harry's version of this.
Where Meghan makes it seem like multiple times and Harry as a 1 time thing that he repeated to Meghan. So she didn't even witness this first hand.

So, yeah.....I don't find it appalling. I find it as a diplomatic way in not saying those two may be "misremembering".
Old 03-09-2021, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I am not buying it. It's an excuse. If that was the case, the title issue would have come up by Megan and Harry. They have explained why THEY did not want it for their son. Meghan said that they did not have the right to make that decision for Archie or take that from him.

I am not debating it further. As I said, it's just an excuse for not doing the right thing.
The Queen in fact does have the right to decide what Archie's title might be. Just as she gave the titles Duke and Duchess of Sussex as a wedding present. Which she might not have done had they disclosed that they were thinking of leaving before they even got married (as hinted in the interview with "2 years" statement).

I would have been fine with it if she had issued LPs but she didn't and at the time *everything* surrounding Archie's birth was top secret and all about how they wanted him to have a normal childhood. And then a few months after they left so everyone was right that he didn't need a title.

As the rules now stand he will get an HRH when/if his grandfather becomes King.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
What they said was "recollections may vary" frankly it's a polite way of saying we don't agree with the story you're telling. And you know what, the rest of the Royal Family don't have to if that's not what they in fact recall happening.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
You ever heard of the Telephone game? That’s how. By the 20 person hearing a story it maybe completely different and embellished beyond recognition.
If you are telling a story as a couple at an interview how difficult is it, ot make sure you both say the same thing?
Old 03-09-2021, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

you could ask Harry and Meghan how they could misremember the conversation or conversations - they are the ones who gave different accounts.

Closed Thread