Meghan Markle Escaping The Crown

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: What a stupid title. She would have only needed to "escape" if she had been kidnapped and held against her will....which was never the case.

"BAILING OUT"...would be a more appropriate and truthful title for the subject.

I just watched the trailer. Judging from that short clip it appears the focus is about racism. That is an odd title, I'm not sure what "escaping the crown" is actually alluding to. Was her life at stake, was she getting death threats. I'll probably watch when it becomes available.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/meghan...etary-kicks-off-vice-versa-series-1202869355/

"According to Deadline, the documentary will be the first release for Vice TV's new series of independent documentaries, Vice Versa. "Our flagship documentary series Vice Versa will serve as a hub for compelling storytelling that shakes the status quo and awakens viewers to new ideas," Morgan Hertzan, EVP and general manager at Vice Television, told Deadline."

I have only ever heard of Vice because of another royal. Tessy worked for them for sometime in their charitable side. I remember her being in Dubai for a few projects for them.

Escaping is a ridiculous title like she is a prisoner. I don’t like bailed out either. Her and Harry stepped back, they didn’t abandon any more then escape. And Both of them not simply her.

Of course racism isn’t going to be part. One can’t deny the prejudices that came up in media. Though not all was racism. And the title seems to insinuate she faced it from the royals.

I have only ever heard of Vice because of another royal. Tessy worked for them for sometime in their charitable side. I remember her being in Dubai for a few projects for them.

Escaping is a ridiculous title like she is a prisoner. I don’t like bailed out either. Her and Harry stepped back, they didn’t abandon any more then escape. And Both of them not simply her.

Of course racism isn’t going to be part. One can’t deny the prejudices that came up in media. Though not all was racism. And the title seems to insinuate she faced it from the royals.

Last time I heard of vice media is when the Disney Corp declared the 400 million dollar investment they made in the company worthless l . Not exactly a well run company

All I'll say is that just glancing at the title of this "documentary" (for lack of a better word), it tells me its not something I'd deem to be worth watching.

At first glance, it seemed to me to give the idea that it would be a program very similar to Netflix's "The Crown" where they take events and add a whole lot of dramatic license and fictional scenarios to make it more palatable and entertaining to a general public.

Just the use of the name "Meghan Markle" wakes up the hamster to run on his wheel, the words "escaping the crown" are the energy pills fed to said hamster to put him into overdrive. ?

I just watched the trailer at the beginning of this post, again, for a second time just in case I misconstrued something. The show is about racism. The last words spoken on the trailer "this is British racism". Not my words, watch the trailer. I think it might be worth a watch.

Just take a look at the expert commentators in this clip wheeled on to spit their venom against the monarchy. Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu is heavily featured and who is accused of “race baiting, trying to turn the Meghan debate into a race divide”. Then there is an American who is married into the English aristocracy who has being doing the rounds of TV chat shows pleading victim of anti-American abuse just like Downton Abbey.

The Australian TV 60 Minutes documentary is more rounded:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10733046/piers-morgan-shola-mos-shogbamimu-meghan-markle/

Judging by the 'riveting' Trailer, aside from 'dog-whistle' allegations of Racism, [from the usual suspects], the' Escaping the Crown’ audience will be amazed by the dawning realisation that Meghan Markle couldn’t do things that most 'top-down'organisations don’t let you do.

That she couldn't change that [by sheer force of personality] is no surprise to anyone but her.

Becoming a member of the BRF is akin to joining the Armed Forces, as regards the limitations made upon its 'new recruits'..

Last edited:
I think this docu may turn out to be a very well made, albeit unintentional, comedy.

What struck me in the trailer was the woman who uttered: Just see how she was treated by the media - and the public.
And in the very next clip they show H&M in front of a delightful and anything but hostile crowd. :lol:

Last edited:
All I'll say is that just glancing at the title of this "documentary" (for lack of a better word), it tells me its not something I'd deem to be worth watching.

At first glance, it seemed to me to give the idea that it would be a program very similar to Netflix's "The Crown" where they take events and add a whole lot of dramatic license and fictional scenarios to make it more palatable and entertaining to a general public.

Just the use of the name "Meghan Markle" wakes up the hamster to run on his wheel, the words "escaping the crown" are the energy pills fed to said hamster to put him into overdrive. ?

I’m putting this on my DO NOT WATCH lost, lol. The title makes it sound like the BRF was holding her prisoner...and, plus, I’m not a fan of Meghan any longer. I’ll continue to watch the brilliant CNN series on the Windsors.

:previous: I appreciate all of the input. I seriously had no idea what to make of it. Were they serious or just trying to be provocative? I had no idea who any of the talking heads were. So, I think I get it now and will cover my eyes as I move on. A big thank you to all that commented;)

Anyway how was she ever near to "the Crown?" when I saw this headline I thought it was to do with the TV/internet series.. that she would not now be shown in it.

Back
Top Bottom