State Visit from China to Sweden: June 8-10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
State Visit from China to Sweden. The calendar at the webpage lists the King and Queen, and Prince Carl Philip as attending.

So the Swedish Court website has made its one millionth mistake when it comes to listing those members of the RF who attend events... this time for the better! The only one supposed to be present apart from the RC was Prince Carl Phillip, and now it's a complete turn-out with the exception of Princess Lilian.
Everybody looks great, with Queen Silvia (nice coat, nice hat!) and the Princesses almost color-cordinated for the arrival ceremony, all in different shades off white and beige.
I keep my fingers crossed that the Royal calendar got it wrong regarding tonight's gala at the Palace as well & that everybody might be present.

Not photo on Princess Lilian with royal family and Chinese president Hu Jintao and mrs? Wow first Prince Carl philip with president on airport photo!!!

oh, so the whole family showed up! That was a pleasant surprise :) I´m so pleased I wont say anything about thier recycled dresses :)

Lovely photos, however China's Mrs Hu never even cracked a smile, never mind a grin....in fact she looked very grim. No matter how hard I try and just can not imagine Daniel is this "future" setting.

No mistake

The King and Prince Carl Philip were expected to welcome and to accompany the Chines guests, so stated the website.

So this was done.

That the Queen and the two Princesses showed up at the photo-shoot in the palace was not really 'a public duty'. They were in the palace and posed with the Chinese guests. That is all.

Compare it with the latest visit of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh to the Netherlands. The couple were accompanied by Queen Beatrix. But in the palace the Prince and Princess of Orange and Princess Catharina-Amalia joined the company for a private lunch.

This has nothing to do with 'mistakes' on a website.

:flowers:

royalgertjan said:
is there a banquet?
Yes there is. It´s taking place right now i belive. Let´s hope for some good dresses and jewellery, but since it´s a republic that is on a state visit i don´t think they have taken the big jewels out of the vaults.

madeleine is wearing the aquamarine tiara...haven't seen that one in a while...

IBL Bildbyra has some pictures of the gala last night: The King, The Queen, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Madeleine....no Crown Princess Victoria, and no Princess Lilian :(

mybags said:
IBL Bildbyra has some pictures of the gala last night: The King, The Queen, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Madeleine....no Crown Princess Victoria, and no Princess Lilian :(
:ermm:
How can I find it?

Click on Redaktionella arkivet...type in "prinsessan madeleine" or whichever member of the family you would like to see...you may have to back track several pages as Madeleine's birthday photos are ahead of the state banquet photos...

The King's sister, Princess Christina, and her husband were also present.

http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?SF_FIELD1_GROUP=1&SF_FIELD1_MATCHTYPE=all&SF_GROUP1_BOOLEAN=and&SF_GROUP1_FIELD=&SF_FIELD1=Kinesiska%20statsbes%F6ket&doSearch=S%D6K&archiveid=5000&SF_LASTSEARCH=&SF_SEARCHINRESULT=

Last edited by a moderator:
What a disappointment. After that spectacular entry with carriages, uniformed honor guards, gentlemen of service in 18th century long coats, what no wigs???-oh well these are the proletarian Chinese after all, pity they had to do something dumb and get rid of the empire, then the state banquet and poor M shows up with a marvelous necklace and that absolutely wretched nothing of an excuse for a tiara. That aquamarine thingie. It should be in the worst jewels thread. Awful.
And here with have a state banquet and no photos. Come, come people, how can I feed my habit if nobody is providing me with the stuff to get into orbit with. Just a few photos of the banquet, pleeeeeeeeeease.!!!! Cheers.

Perhaps we will get more photos tomorrow. The President of China seems to be enjoying himself, Princess Madeleine is at her charming best, but where his the very grim Nrs Hu. Mrs Hu may even be beyond CP Victoria. Can anyone imagine Daniel at this function?

mybags said:
IBL Bildbyrå

Click on Redaktionella arkivet...type in "prinsessan madeleine" or whichever member of the family you would like to see...you may have to back track several pages as Madeleine's birthday photos are ahead of the state banquet photos...

The King's sister, Princess Christina, and her husband were also present.

thank you mybags.
You can type "Kinesiska statsbesöket" and all pics will be there
cheers

Whatever happened to the Chinese state visit return dinner?
So far I haven't been able to find a single pic online. But maybe someone else got more lucky?

Here are links for more anp&ibl pictures from the gala dinner at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden, June 9, 2007.

Madeleine&Carl Philip: ANP Beeldbank
Madeleine: ANP Beeldbank
Madeleine: ANP Beeldbank
Carl Philip&Madeleine: ANP Beeldbank
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb...638DA1E2626D36210831932C55A45B&archiveid=5018

Queen Silvia is wearing Connaught Diamond Tiara. Princess Madeleine is wearing pink evening gown designed by Carmen Marc Valvo. She is also wearing Aquamarine Bandeau Tiara and Diamond Fringe Tiara (this time worn as a necklace).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, God, here I am going into orbit again. The only fly in the ointment is that wretched god awful nauseating revolting absolutely abominable aquamarine piano wire contraption on top of the drop dead gorgeous sublimely beautiful Princess Madeleine. With the wonderful pink gown and the wondrous blue of the order of the Seraphim (I think). And Carl Philip is a superbly handsome thing himself, help no doubt with a well place medal and sash. Then of course there is the magnificent Sylvia in that wondrous Connought tiara, one of my favorite pieces.

What no pictures of Mme Hu, no doubt looking glum. Poor thing doesn't have a tiara to her name, she is probably after one good look at the sublime Sylvia and Madeleine green with envy and I don't blame her.

What, no pictures of the King? and Where is the Crown Princess, come, come people you are being delerec in your duty again. But many many thanks for the photos. Cheers.

Oh, God, here I am going into orbit again. The only fly in the ointment is that wretched god awful nauseating revolting absolutely abominable aquamarine piano wire contraption on top of the drop dead gorgeous sublimely beautiful Princess Madeleine. With the wonderful pink gown and the wondrous blue of the order of the Seraphim (I think). And Carl Philip is a superbly handsome thing himself, help no doubt with a well place medal and sash. Then of course there is the magnificent Sylvia in that wondrous Connought tiara, one of my favorite pieces.

What no pictures of Mme Hu, no doubt looking glum. Poor thing doesn't have a tiara to her name, she is probably after one good look at the sublime Sylvia and Madeleine green with envy and I don't blame her.

What, no pictures of the King? and Where is the Crown Princess, come, come people you are being delerec in your duty again. But many many thanks for the photos. Cheers.
I do so enjoy reading your very witty posts. Keep up the good work. lynda

I like Madeleine's look. IMO she needs to wear the aquamarine tiara farther forward on her head, but I do love that tiara because it matches her eyes. Bringing out the big guns (so to speak) with the family jewels would have been dreadfully inappropriate with the Chinese visitors.

I t ried too. And all I get is some god awful gibberish in Swedishor is it Dutch, of which I understand hardly a word, and no pictures. It might as well all be in hoch Sanskrit or Tibetan or which I know about as many words as Swedish or Dutch. Yes, I know, go home and learn Swedish. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom