Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 14: October 2008 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I red once the Princess is about 168 cm, in feet is about 5´6.
Is that true? I just wonder, I'm 168 cm too, but I don't feel petite at all. I thought she was shorter.

The story about the hospital is very moving.

In a letter to the newspaper ABC, a father comments that a few days before Christmas the Princess visited of form deprived to children with cancer.
Thanks for sharing, lula. It's a great thing. It's nice to hear Letizia is doing things like this without any cameras or televison. Lovely woman.
I always love hearing about Royals doing things like that.

Last edited:
This is an incredily sweet gesture by Letizia.

Making a visit of this nature, without the fanfare is excellent in itself, taking time out of her day on Christmas Eve is simply wonderful though.

Well, I haven´t words for this, simply a dignity gesture of this Crown Princess.

Princess Letizia visited a few days before Christmas the Hospital Niño Jesús de Madrid in private, meeting children suffering from cancer.
ABC/CARTAS AL DIRECTOR
A parent of a sick girl tells that Letizia greeted warmly all the children, talked with them and watched their drawings.

Such an incredibly touching thing for Letizia to do - without the fuss or attention from the press she quietly gets on with serving her country. She is the model example for any modern day princess and i am sure this is just one of the many examples of her kindness

the princes were in Portugal a week ago. In Braganza. Saw them holding hands walking and eating sweets. The lady who recognized him, said that the prince Felipe speaks Portuguese very well.​

It is difficult to know for the media, where are the Princes. But that does not mean marvel and visit other cities and countries.
We only have inept reporters and photographers.​

Journalists prefer to invent rather than investigate.
I forgot to comment last night that, in a TV program, there was an interview with Urdaci, who denied that his book about the Princess, had been censored
He spoke very well on Letizia's father and said he preferred to wait a few years to write that book.​

the book has not been censored​

his portuguese is with spanish accent and when he was in Évora he had problems in reading portuguese speech. So i have my doubts about the language skills.

his portuguese is with spanish accent and when he was in Évora he had problems in reading portuguese speech. So i have my doubts about the language skills.

I only heard Felipe had studied English and French since he was a kid (I think his French is about as good as Charles' :lol:). Learning Portuguese is not difficult for a Spanish native speaker, perhaps the last few years, he started learning Portuguese.

Urdaci had never talked to Paloma B. in person. It's pretty much a gossip based on hearsays. I think Urdaci didn't get the cooperation he wanted to write a credible biography, so he abandoned the work, what's the big deal ? There are lines of writers who would like to write Letizia's biography including Andrew Morton. I'm sure the SRF will make a good selection to find a politically independent writer who has no ties to any political era when it's the time to publish an autobiography on Letizia. Urdaci was accused for being ex-PM Aznar's spokesman when he was the TVE's news director although it was not completely his fault since the TVE's news director has always been a political appointment to begin with.

It's not that she didn't allow, etc. From what I read in other articles, Urdaci started writing her biography, but Letizia didn't cooperate (by giving him interviews, etc.), so he himself gave up of his project.

Urdaci had never talked to Paloma B. in person.

Yes, she has a sickly obsession with the Princess, she exaggerates and manipulates any news on the Princess to demonstrate that she is a horrible person. She has never said not one well thing about her.

This week certain press has demonstrated what is, a group of mercenaries who only seek to create polemics to raise their hearings or to earn more money. Because it is the only thing in that they are interested ... because the letter of this father speaking of her sick daughter and the visit of the Princess ... it is not interested.

La Princesa que los medios no muestran - elConfidencial.com

The Princess that the media do not show

Pages and pages because the nose operation. Minutes and minutes in television when she spends the summer with her family. Not even an alone photographer who forms the moment in which the Princess gives an unforgettable day the children who celebrate the Christmas in the area of oncology of an infantile hospital. The father of one of these small ones, which cried of happiness only for seeing Letizia, tell his history in the first person.

Yes, she has a sickly obsession with the Princess, she exaggerates and manipulates any news on the Princess to demonstrate that she is a horrible person. She has never said not one well thing about her.

Yes, it's truely making a mountain out of a molehill, not even British tabloids are this stupid. Letizia or Zarzuela has every right to decide if she and her surroundings want to cooperate with the writer or not.
Urdaci already had a chapter on Letizia with whom he worked for about 3 years in his previous book about TVE. I think he already wrote what he knew. If he wants to write a credible biography, he needs the good source (ex. Diana herself was Andrew Morton's source), and so far he hasn't gotten any.

Thanks for the pics paty, she looks beautiful, i love it that she even sat on the floor to play with those cute children.

Those pictures of her with the children is so lovely - she really has that motherly touch

Princess Letizia of Spain visits the 'Aldeas Infantiles SOS Espana' Centre on January 23, 2009 in San Lorenzo del Escorial, near Madrid, Spain.
Gallery Zimbio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom