The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Administrator

This morning, April 9, Queen Margrethe was present at a church service on the occasion of the re-inauguration of Silkeborg Church:

** Pic ** tv2: VIDEO: Dronningen er på plads i Silkeborg Kirke ** translation **

** mja.dk gallery: Galleri: Dronningen genindvier Silkeborg Kirke ** kongehuset.dk gallery **

Old 04-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe opened the exhibition "Aarhus tells" in Aarhus this afternoon, April 11:

** Pic ** tv2 Video: Dronningen ankommer til åbning af udstilling i Aarhus **

** kongehuset.dk gallery: Åbning af udstillingen "Aarhus Fortæller" **

** hsfo: Ny kæmpe udstilling, der fortæller om købstædernes udvikling, er åbnet. ** translation **

Old 04-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower .

An additional video and gallery: Videoreportage og galleri: Dronningen indvier kæmpeudstilling i Den Gamle by - Lokalavisen Aarhus
Lokalavisen Aarhus: Galleri: Aarhus Fortæller indviet af Dronningen

I intend to go see the exhibition.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Prince Henrik attended the Prince Henrik Æresløb at Jysk Racecourse this afternoon, April 14, and handed out the prize to the race winner:

** kongehuset.dk gallery: Prins Henriks Æresløb **

** BB: Prins Henrik til travløb i Aarhus ** translation **

** ekstrabladet.dk: Kong Henrik lod knapperne springe ** translation **
Old 04-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower

Yes, PH is indeed having a merry time in Aarhus.
Today he went to circus Arena, which is located just down the road to Marselisborg, on the beach. Prins Henrik i Cirkus Arena: Det er meget livligt | BILLED-BLADET

The weather is lousy this Easter! They even predict snow, hail and sleet in some places tomorrow!
I looked at the weather forecast, there will be showers tomorrow (with all sorts of things in it!) but with just a bit of luck the weather should stay dry at noon, when QMII and the family appears on the terrace.
The temperature will be some 5-10 degrees C (41-50 F), so expect the DRF will wear coats and wind-breakers.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, April 18, Prince Henrik as Patron opened Aarhus as the European Gastronomy Region 2017 - a pleasant and delicious event for sure

** BB: Prins Henrik fik midtjyske smagsprøver ** translation **

** bt.dk: Efter solrejse, fest og kritik: Nu er prins Henrik trukket i arbejdstøjet ** translation **

** stiften.dk gallery & video: Aarhus som Europæisk Gastronomiregion: Prins Henrik 'pimpede' sin egen koldskål ** translation **
Old 04-19-2017, 06:30 AM
Majesty

Why is the Prince wearing gloves even on the Balcony ?
Old 04-19-2017, 06:55 AM
Administrator

I guess it's the cold April weather we are faced with in many European countries since a couple of days. And it's an efficient protection against influenza when you have to shake as many hands as he has to In the following gallery of yesterday's event you can see him with and without them

** kongehuset.dk: Åbning af Europæisk Gastronomiregion 2017 **
Old 04-19-2017, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Why is the Prince wearing gloves even on the Balcony ?
It's been a pretty cold Easter this year. This night the temperature went down below freezing, so it's a sensible precaution for an elderly gentleman.

Thanks, Iceflower

The event PH attended is a part of Aarhus being the European Cultural Capital 2017. - The aim here is to promote the rest of east and central Jutland as well, now that tourists arrive and there is added focus.
In this case in the form of a kind of gastronomical path to various dining places and specialties that foreign (and domestic for that matter) visitors otherwise never would have noticed let alone visited.
There are a number of surprisingly good inns and restaurants dotted all over Jutland.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:42 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, April 19, Queen Margrethe presented the "Queen Margrethe II's Science Prize" to materials crystallography professor Bo Brummerstedt Iversen from the Aarhus University. Since 2015 the award is awarded once a year to a researcher under 50 years.

** kendte.dk gallery: Dronning Margrethe uddeler egen pris **

** kongehuset.dk: Overrækkelse af ”Dronning Margrethe II’s Videnskabspris” **
Old 04-21-2017, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Prince Henrik attended the opening of the exhibition "The Eye in the Mask" at the Carl-Henning Pedersen & Else Alfelts Museum in Herning yesterday afternoon, April 20.

The exhibition consists of a collection of ethnographic masks and mask motifs loaned by Prince Henrik and it shows works by Carl-Henning Pedersen, Asger Jorn and Ernest Mancoba.

** aoh.dk gallery: Fotos: Pris Henrik besøgte kunstudstilling **
Old 04-23-2017, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe attended the celebration of Danish actress Ghita Nørby's 60th actor jubilee in Copenhagen today, April 23:

** Pic ** kendte.dk gallery **

** BB: Dronning Margrethe fejrer Ghita Nørby ** translation **

** bt.dk: Dronningen hylder Ghita Nørby - ankom som den sidste ** translation **
Old 04-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prins Henrik udtaler sig om sit skrantende helbred: 'Jeg mister balancen indimellem' | BT Royale - www.bt.dk

At a recent event in Aarhus PH was observed having to hold on tight to the rostrum when he was to give a little speech.
He has also been observed several times having to rely on his adjutant or security for balance.

At the event PH said: "Sorry for holding on to the microphone but once in a while I loose the balance. It's not because I eat too much".

In an interview in 2015 he said: "I think I'm well. I'm tired and get tired more quickly due to my age. 81 is a ripe age. But apart from that I try experience as much as I can".

QMII then interjected: "I think your energy is very well, if you ask me".

- I'm in no doubt he's getting more frail as a result of his age, but it's also my impression that he is a little fond of pointing out how old and frail he is. He started that some 8-10 years ago. - It's after all nice when people feel sorry for you, right?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:17 AM
Administrator

Yesterday evening, April 27, Queen Margrethe attended the premiere of the ballet "Tree of Codes" in Aarhus:

** kendte.dk gallery ** tv2ostjylland.dk video **

** kongehuset.dk: Premiere på balletten "Tree of Codes" **

** hsfo.dk: Store forventninger til 2017-flagskib ** translation **
Old 05-02-2017, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Last week Queen Margrethe viewed the work in progress at the excavation site of chamber graves from the later part of the Viking Age at Fregerslev south of Hørning:

** Pic ** fb gallery **
Old 05-02-2017, 07:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you, Iceflower

I see QMII is very much her son's mother...
Or perhaps she parked her hands in her pockets to suppress an urge to jump in and start digging herself.

It's good she has more time to visit archeological digs. Thanks to a virtual army of amateur archeologists armed with affordable metal detectors, the finds are pouring up from the ground with one hoard after the being found in these years.

- Wonder how they got her dragged away from the site?
Perhaps her adjutant walked backwards towards the car holding a Thor's hammer in gold in front of her?
Old 05-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I love your sense of humor Muhler!

It really is refreshing to see someone who has a very full and busy life being a monarch being able to participate in things that are truly of interest to her personally. I bet digging in the ruins and piecing together ancient history would have been a big part of her life and perhaps even a career if her destiny had been different.

I love her boots. They're totally and uniquely "Queen Daisy" boots.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

I was about to say I love her wellies (which for those of you who don't know is a slang word for wellington boots in the UK - don't know if anywhere else uses that word?)

Love the image Muhler has now conjured up in my mind of the Queen being tempted by her adjutant and a Thor's hammer in gold, lol!
Old 05-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Indeed, a very happy Queen. Love her boots. You can tell she is in her element
Old 05-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
A bright, cheery way of dressing is something I very much associate with Queen Margrethe. My sis in Chicago just bought a pair of shoes and sent me a picture of them. First thing I said was "those look like shoes Queen Daisy would wear". Didn't surprise me one bit as Queen Margrethe is her very favorite queen and admires her to the moon and back.

Anyone who loves life and lives it happily is an inspiration to us all in my book.