Princess Benedikte and Family, Current Events 1: March 2003 - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry. I was mistaken. Here is the persons who are knights of the elephant

This may be a really stupid question, but what happened?! Why did HM QMII take it back?
Nicolae Ceausescu, former President of Romania (Note: Awarded on the November 1980 State Visit to Denmark but revoked by the Queen on 12/23/89 for the first time in history. The insignia have been returned to Denmark and Ceausescu's name has been deleted from the Official Rolls)
Also, Princess Alexia and Prince Nikolas of Greece also have the order of the elephant because I saw them wear it at the wedding of CP Frederik and Mary (plus, it makes sense since they're prince/princess of Greece AND Denmark).

Last edited:
That is what I don't understand. What is the prerequisite? Princess Benedikte's children do more for Denmark than Queen Anne Marie's; even if they didn't why give one sister's children the Order and not the other. Especially if Princess Benedikte is part of the Royal Family and not Queen Anne Marie (Technically speaking).

Because the Greek and Danish familes are the same starting waaaaay back (the Danish king was invited to rule Greece- hence the dual titles of Prince/Princess of Greece and Denmark). So really, QAM's relation to Denmark and Greece has nothing to do with her children's titles.
I don't believe Princess Benedikte's children are officially princes/princesses of Denmark. Plus, apparently there was some way that they maybe could have entered into the succession but none of them even tried.
And as far as what people "do" or don't do for a country, that's the whole point of royal titles- they're inherited and there's really no earning involved. It's just who they are.

SpiffyBallerina said:
I don't believe Princess Benedikte's children are officially princes/princesses of Denmark. Plus, apparently there was some way that they maybe could have entered into the succession but none of them even tried.
And as far as what people "do" or don't do for a country, that's the whole point of royal titles- they're inherited and there's really no earning involved. It's just who they are.

I read something to the effect that had Benedikte's children wanted to be in line to the throne they would've had to either live in Denmark at least part time as Benedikte does or had to become Danish citizens. My memory is a bit fuzzy on which requirement it is exactly. But if it is a matter of residency I think Nathalie may be the only one who lives in Denmark full or part time, though she spends much of her time out of the country for her equestrian training. Alexandra and her family live in Paris while Gustav used to work in London and at one point was spending his time at the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleberg estate in Germany.

I think it is because they are children of a king. If you look after, it is only anne-maries oldest children who have the order. Princess Theodora and Prince Philippos does not have it. They only have the highest greek order.

Betina

The younger ones don't have it yet because they're too young. Theodora only recently came of age and Philppos is still too young I believe. They'll get the order of the elephant in time.

Theodora is almost 21 and Philippos is 18 so in Denmark they are adults and have the right to vote. I don´t think they get the order

Alexandria said:
I read something to the effect that had Benedikte's children wanted to be in line to the throne they would've had to either live in Denmark at least part time as Benedikte does or had to become Danish citizens. My memory is a bit fuzzy on which requirement it is exactly. But if it is a matter of residency I think Nathalie may be the only one who lives in Denmark full or part time, though she spends much of her time out of the country for her equestrian training. Alexandra and her family live in Paris while Gustav used to work in London and at one point was spending his time at the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleberg estate in Germany.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=119011#post119011 ;)

Polfoto 12-03-2005 Prinsesse Benedikte overværerede lørdag, som protektor sammen med prins Richard og prinsesse Nathalie, Dansk Varmblods hesteshow i Messecenter Herning.(Uffe Kongsted/POLFOTO).

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 229
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 234
Princess Benedikte and her grandson Richard visited Legoland in Billund to appoint Legoland owner Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen as a HCA ambassador.

Attachments

• COLOUR10129337.jpg
    COLOUR10129337.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 243
  • COLOUR10129338.jpg
    COLOUR10129338.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 278
  • COLOUR10129339.jpg
    COLOUR10129339.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 219
  • COLOUR10129340.jpg
    COLOUR10129340.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 201
  • COLOUR10129341.jpg
    COLOUR10129341.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 204
  • COLOUR10129342.jpg
    COLOUR10129342.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 214
  • COLOUR10129343.jpg
    COLOUR10129343.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 261
  • COLOUR10129344.jpg
    COLOUR10129344.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 231
  • COLOUR10129349.jpg
    COLOUR10129349.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 253
  • COLOUR10129350.jpg
    COLOUR10129350.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 183
some more...

Attachments

• COLOUR10129351.jpg
    COLOUR10129351.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 146
  • COLOUR10129355.jpg
    COLOUR10129355.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 250
  • COLOUR10129345.jpg
    COLOUR10129345.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 248
  • COLOUR10129346.jpg
    COLOUR10129346.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 222
  • COLOUR10129347.jpg
    COLOUR10129347.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 174
  • COLOUR10129348.jpg
    COLOUR10129348.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 210
definately. Princess Benedikte does definately age compared to her sisters.

I personally think Princess Benedikte has aged better than her sister, Queen Margrethe but maybe not Queen Anne-Marie; and that may be only because she is the youngest. She is my favorite.

pdas1201 said:
Princess Benedikte and her grandson Richard visited Legoland in Billund to appoint Legoland owner Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen as a HCA ambassador.

Nice to see little Richard von Pfeil. He is growing up quite fast and is a good cross between his father and his mother.

Nice to see Princess Beneditke doing a royal duty with her grandson too.

Photos of Benedikte from the HCA Festivities from April 1 2005. She shows off her great legs and she shows off some nice, sexy boots in the first photos as well: "Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety;":)

Attachments

• Benedikte.jpeg
    Benedikte.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Benedikte2.jpeg
    Benedikte2.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Benedikte3.jpeg
    Benedikte3.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Benedikte4.jpeg
    Benedikte4.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Benedikte5.jpeg
    Benedikte5.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Benedikte & Harry Belafonte2.jpg
    Benedikte & Harry Belafonte2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 211
  • Benedikte & Harry Belafonte.jpg
    Benedikte & Harry Belafonte.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Benedikte & co1.jpeg
    Benedikte & co1.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 204
  • Benedikte & Harry Belafonte3.jpg
    Benedikte & Harry Belafonte3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 432
Photos of Benedikte from the HCA Festivities on April 2 2005:

Attachments

• Ben1.jpeg
    Ben1.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 221
  • ben2.jpeg
    ben2.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Ben3.jpeg
    Ben3.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Ben4.jpeg
    Ben4.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Ben5.jpeg
    Ben5.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 208
And another one from Friday:

Attachments

• leggy.jpeg
    leggy.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 235
POLFOTO 03.04.2005 03.04.2005 POLFOTO Prinzessin Benedikte von Dänemark und Bürgermeister Klaus Wowereit betrachten am Samstag (02.04.2005) in Berlin Scherenschnitte von Hans Christian Andersen. Anlässlich des 200. Geburtstages des dänischen Dichters eröffneten die Nordischen Botschaften die Ausstellung "Hans Christian Andersen - Collagen, Scherenschnitte, Zeichnungen".

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 178
Wonderful looking Benedikte, she's such an elegant lady! :) Thanks for posting the pics!

Princess Nathalie zu Zayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg competing (on Rigoletto) in LGT Grand Prix de Dressage of the German Jumping and Dressage Grand Prix at the Derby Park Hamburg Klein Flottbek on May 6, 2005 in Hamburg, Germany. From Getty.

Attachments

• 52765679.jpg
    52765679.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 52765844.jpg
    52765844.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 52765845.jpg
    52765845.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 52765846.jpg
    52765846.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 52765852.jpg
    52765852.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 52765854.jpg
    52765854.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 52765855.jpg
    52765855.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Does the Berleburg family actually reside in Schloss Berleburg or do they have separate homes attached to the grounds? How many family members outside of the immediate family reside on the grounds/castle of Schloss Berleburg? Does Prince Gustav continue to reside in Berleburg or has he returned to London?

Princess Nathalie zu Zayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg has her own website, maybe not very current - but you can find it here

michelleq said:
Does the Berleburg family actually reside in Schloss Berleburg or do they have separate homes attached to the grounds? How many family members outside of the immediate family reside on the grounds/castle of Schloss Berleburg? Does Prince Gustav continue to reside in Berleburg or has he returned to London?
I'm not really sure, but I think Prince Richard & Princess Benedikte must live somewhere around that castle, and I think also Princess Nathalie. And Prince Gustav of course, but I'm not sure on his current "situation".

Is Prince Gustav still seeing the Carina Axellson? Has anyone heard anything about him? Has he put his heredity problem to the German Higher Courts?

Article from BT:

Prinsesselivet inserted into the second row

it's all about horses of princess Nathalie, who are fighting 6 days a week from 7 to 6 tomorrow evening. It is what to to, if you want to to the top in professional sport.

And it will princess Nathalie.

Frederik and Joachims cousin from Berleburg in Northern Germany has twice been involved in OL. But only in the reserve, then, in three years it shall be, when there is the Beijing Olympics in China. Will she be in competitions.

She has therefore only time to keep free on Sundays. The rest of the days begins at 07.15 in the morning, when princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein -Berleburg is located on the first horse. End day around 18. Not a special princess-style life, should the majority think. But for Nathalie is the desire which drives the work.

"I rider on different horses. Five in total up to 12.30 p.m. o'clock. I have a girl that saddles them for me. So when I have finished to work out the one, I jump up to the next, until I have finished træningsdressuren. A kind of horse e-dancing. A bit like ballet," explains 30-year-old princess Nathalie.

"It is the interaction, between the animal and themselves, which fascinates. You will get its own language with its horse," says princess and tells you that it is not every day, she does dressage with all horses. Some times "loosen" she, as it is called in the jargon, and merely to exercise them. For example they have a "free day" once a week, where the rider in the wild, and all goes on fold.

Porcelænsfigur
“I am trying to breed horses as horses, and not as porcelænsfigurer," says Nathalie.

Dressurridning is not a cheap sport?
"You have to count with release 100 000 euro (approximately $745,000 red.) or more for a really good young dressurhest. If you take good care of them, they can be around 22 years. But it is also important to do. Otherwise they don't long in the sport," says Nathalie.

Dangerous sport
there is a great deal of work by dressurridning and not much time to love. What about family?
"That is, when it comes. I can not chase after, but that would be a good thing, if the man I even get, also taking an interest in horses," clay princess.

Hestesport may well be dangerous?
"Yes. We must never forget that we are dealing with a live animal to do. You should always look for. I myself have also tried to smoke. I have broken my nose twice, and I have also been kicked.Can you live by horse esport and the premiums to ride home?

Nah, but I also have a little training next to, and so, I have to thank my parents and my father a lot for the support they have always given me. But it is also important to me as well as all other professional athletes to get sponsorhjælp. Also to get it, I have it on a personal level a little better in relation to it, my father was ordered to pay," stresses Nathalie.

New horse on the road
Princess Nathalie is teetering on to be among the four best Danish riders, to the EM in Moscow in the middle of July.
"I have a young new horse on the road, a "grand prix" horse, which is the highest level a horse can be in dressage. It is nine-year-old Rigoletto - a brown Dansk varmblod, which I myself have been involved in the breed. And it is very young by a grand prix horse to be. They are normally to be between 11 and 13 years, but Rigoletto look very promising," says Nathalie.

Her best friend is her Lone dressurrytter also, but even if they sometimes compete, there is no jealousy between girls. "I'm only happy when it is her well and that is also vice versa.

Of course we are trying to be the best, when we are taking part in competitions, but more is not in it. There is absolutely no acid mines from anyone.
Nathalie believe that berider Andreas Helgstrand and veninden Lone has secure seats to Moscow, and so she is in a fight to get one of the last two seats.

The decision to go to Moscow be taken by Danmarksmesterskaberne in dressage are kept in Broholm on Fyn just a week before.
No konkurrencenerver

Nathalie not suffering of konkurrencenervøsitet. On its best results, she says that it was when she won the Grand Prix Special in Hamburg for three weeks ago with Rigoletto. The worst thing was for the world cup, where she was number 26, where 25 went further in the next round, and she only lacked a point to go further. "It was still annoying, though," says princess

Nathalie has been loved horses ever since she and 12-year-old got a pony of his mother, Queen's sister princess Benedikte, is also very rideinteresseret.

"We will become one with its horses, when you are with them every day. I know exactly when they have the good, and when they have the dirt. You can see it in the way that they look. Around the eyes beams, whether it is happy, when we are talking to the, or whether it is in a corner and do not look at, or on the go and tips ears for like to say. "Oh, you're here." It is like a dog. Here you can also quickly find out if something is wrong," says princess.

Will a horse also insulted, when it does not show the interest enough?
"Yes, my 15-year-old horse "deluded" is very insulted when the for one reason or another, could not see me for two days. So is your ears. But as soon as I am back, and the vrinsker and is full of life. I have also had him for 13 years," she says.

Princess has three horses themselves. While rearing her 15 horses with his mother. The personal horses have princess in Coesfeld in Münster 180 kilometers north-west from Berleburg, where she lives. The other is at Berleburg and one is just sold to America.

Father brought in his career
it was actually Nathalies father, lord and Prince Richard of Berleburg, which in 1994 brought in its youngest daughter's ridekarriere by sending her on riding school in Sweden.

She was 19 years old and had just had high school, as her father put her to take half a year to Sweden to deal with horses. So she could find out what she wanted. It was her fate.

"After the 6 months, i was completely aware of the fact that it was horses, I would have to do. For me, the most important thing was to find out what I really wanted and then hold on to it. It is to be princess. As well as it has always been in the second and third indents.

Attachments

• 284420_large.jpg
    284420_large.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 284422_large.jpg
    284422_large.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Benedikte on her horse "Venila" at the Castle of Berleburg,1998:

Attachments

• B14_057219.jpg
    B14_057219.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 207
michelleq said:
Is Prince Gustav still seeing the Carina Axellson? Has anyone heard anything about him? Has he put his heredity problem to the German Higher Courts?

What hereditary problem are you talking about?

Who he marries is stipulated in his grandfather's will. They must be of Nobility, Aryan Line, and something else I can't think of at the moment. Supposedly, he is appealing to the German Courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom