Princess Alexandra, Current Events 3: April 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Alexandra looks very nice today,she also looks happy and relaxed.

Is it just me or does her suit look very warm for this time of year? The color is stunning on her though. :)

Caswallan said:
Is it just me or does her suit look very warm for this time of year? The color is stunning on her though. :)

It has to be a warm suit because her in Denmark it is colde and rainy weather eventhough we are in the month of May and we are in the late of spring and in the beginning og summer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I hope that the summer her in Denmark are going to be a warm one.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Ah that makes sense. Today in Canada where I live it is very warm.

She never fails to amaze a crowd either with what she does or what she wears, And I must say that latest event she attended was spectacular.

zarat said:
zarat said:
Does anybody from Denmark could say what was written in this article?

Thank you

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=441434/

Hi Zarat,
It's a gossip article and it is indeed about Alexandra's shopping habits. According to BT (a tabloid newspaper) the recently published accounts for 2005 shows that Alexandra spent DKK 5,000 per day on pure consumption; that this appears from the VAT accounts since royal are allowed a refund on the value added tax on all their purchases (we pay 25% VAT on everything we buy) and from these receipts which the royal have to produce to get the refund it appears that there are no expenses for her expensive villa in Hellerup or her car. But - according to BT - she loves expensive clothes, travels to exotic destinations - also with her 27 year old* boyfriend Martin Jørgensen - and that she has spent a lot of money on purchases of designer furniture and other luxury items for her new palatial villa just north of Copenhagen.

(* I just love the way the age difference has to be mentioned each and every time! Had it been the other way around, it would of course just be romantic - perhaps even natural?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - such hypocrisy)

Thank you very much UserDane for this info!

I really admire Princess Alexandra, she's my favorite royal and that's why I wanted to understand what the article was talking about.
Hm, even if she is a bit wasteful I will be still marvelled at her feeling for fashion. The royals are people who should be a bit beyond us (but it does mean that they are better) and make us dream -thats' my opinion.

UserDane said:

- according to BT - she loves expensive clothes, travels to exotic destinations - also with her 27 year old* boyfriend Martin Jørgensen.

(* I just love the way the age difference has to be mentioned each and every time! Had it been the other way around, it would of course just be romantic - perhaps even natural?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - such hypocrisy)

UserDane, I love the way you pointed out BT's emphasis on their ages! It's true, every article makes a point of saying their ages. And in case the reader hasn't gotten the point, they sometimes make the calculation for the reader, along the lines of "Alexandra and her 14-years- younger boyfriend..."

finally, Princess Alexandra is out again.. i miss seeing her on royal duties..

June 1
HH Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg performs the opening of The Royal Danish Horticultural Society’s exhibition “My Home is my Castle”.
Her Highness does so in the role of patron at Frederiksberg Runddel at 09.30.
from facetoface :

Attachments

• 00957964.jpg
    00957964.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 00957963.jpg
    00957963.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 574
  • 00957961.jpg
    00957961.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 00957962.jpg
    00957962.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 00957965.jpg
    00957965.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 329
  • 00957966.jpg
    00957966.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 431
  • 00957960.jpg
    00957960.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 00957959.jpg
    00957959.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 294
  • 00957958.jpg
    00957958.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 460
  • 00957957.jpg
    00957957.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 265
Nice to see princess Alexandra out and about again.I wish she would get some new clothes,I think we have seen the suit many times.

more from facetoface :

Attachments

• 00957968.jpg
    00957968.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 00957971.jpg
    00957971.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 00957970.jpg
    00957970.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 00957969.jpg
    00957969.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 00957967.jpg
    00957967.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 230
  • 00957951.jpg
    00957951.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 00957950.jpg
    00957950.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 282
UserDane said:

Hi Zarat,
It's a gossip article and it is indeed about Alexandra's shopping habits. According to BT (a tabloid newspaper) the recently published accounts for 2005 shows that Alexandra spent DKK 5,000 per day on pure consumption; that this appears from the VAT accounts since royal are allowed a refund on the value added tax on all their purchases (we pay 25% VAT on everything we buy) and from these receipts which the royal have to produce to get the refund it appears that there are no expenses for her expensive villa in Hellerup or her car. But - according to BT - she loves expensive clothes, travels to exotic destinations - also with her 27 year old* boyfriend Martin Jørgensen - and that she has spent a lot of money on purchases of designer furniture and other luxury items for her new palatial villa just north of Copenhagen.

She still needs to keep a good home for her 2 sons - who are after all Princes of Denmark - what do people expect her to do shop for furniture at Ikea?

Also , expensive clothes and visits to exotic locations -those descriptions can also be used to describe mary and Frederick.

If she truly spent all that money on shopping, she must be hiding them. She recycles a lot (which is a good thing). The tabloid press is something aren't they!

Hi everyone,

I don't think it's a bad idea to recycle clothes...especially clothes that are that nice and expensive. And if your clothes become you so well, why wouldn't you want to wear them for a long time? :)

We could not really rely on gossip magazines and tabloids to give us the real figure that could prove that Princess Alexandra's shopping habits are way too much already. I think what they are stating are rubbish.

I think it is quite impossible for her to spend a little amount of money when to think she has two sons who are growing every minute of the day. And most of all, she has a very important work to do which is related to her position as part of the royal family.

The Crown Princely couple even spends a big amount of money on various reasons when in fact they still have one son. How much more with Princess Alex who has Nikolai and Felix?

I dont agree to the B.T
She recycles, her clothes, a lot
I like her I think she is very elegant

paulette said:
The Crown Princely couple even spends a big amount of money on various reasons when in fact they still have one son. How much more with Princess Alex who has Nikolai and Felix?

Don't you think that Joachim also pays for Nikolai and Felix? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Joachim took on half of the financial responsibility when it come to raising his sons. It would be expecting too much (and giving too much credit) to think that Alexandra pays for all of her sons' needs.

However, I too don't think that Alexandra spent most of her money on clothes, coz as we can see, she recycles. She has just moved into a new house, so I think she spent most of the money on furnitures and on travel.

But who knows what she spent it on. Its all conjecture for us. Like the Australian newspapers - they just divided Mary and Frederik's personal expenses by the 365 (days in a year) and claimed that that amount was what Mary spent on herself!!! And some simple people believed the newspaper claiming this! Absolutely crappy reporting.

She looks lovely but just seeing her outfit is making me warm. A turtleneck in June?! :eek:

I like her pink hat though :). Adds a sweet, feminine touch to her outfit.

Some more pictures of Princess Alexandra inaugurating "My Home is My Castle"
(from polfoto)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 480
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 197
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 195
Thanks for the pictures, purple platinum. I especially find the second and the last ones of your thumbnails superb. The hat with that feather (?) looks fantastic to her outfit. :)

soCal girl, it looks like it was chilly. And a bit rainy maybe, so a turtleneck was probably appropiate. ;)

beautiful photos thanks
i also love the hat, very pretty color on her. she seems so gracious.

Prinsesse Alexandra i Randers Regnskov
Prinsesse Alexandra (t.h.) deltog fredag i sin egenskab som protektor for Randers Regnskov, da Regnskoven fejrede 10 års jubilæum. Her ses hun sammen med Regnskovens direktør Henrik Herold (t.v.) Hun var også med til at indvie årets nyhed i regnskoven - tree-top walking. (Jesper Nørgaard Sørensen/POLFOTO) (09-06-2006)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

Last edited:
Adry said:

This is a really lovely picture!
A butterfly on Alexandra's shoulder seems to have made her laugh.

Besides that, too much beige.
It seems the Danish princesses prefer to wear very dark colours when it's cold
and very bland colours when it's summerly.

Adry said:
Prinsesse Alexandra i Randers Regnskov
Prinsesse Alexandra (t.h.) deltog fredag i sin egenskab som protektor for Randers Regnskov, da Regnskoven fejrede 10 års jubilæum. Her ses hun sammen med Regnskovens direktør Henrik Herold (t.v.) Hun var også med til at indvie årets nyhed i regnskoven - tree-top walking. (Jesper Nørgaard Sørensen/POLFOTO) (09-06-2006)

could someone please translate this??

Princess Robijn said:
could someone please translate this??

Princess Alexandra in Randers Rain Forest. Princess Alexandra (right) participated Friday in her capacity as the protector of Randers Rain Forest, when the Rain Forest celebrated it's 10th anniversary. Her she is seen with the rain forests manager Henrik Herold (left). She was also opening the newest thing in the rain forest - tree-top walking. (Jesper Nørgaard Sørensen/POLFOTO).

I think a plastisch surgerie on her eyes wil gives her a much prettier look.

Thanks for the pictures of Alex in the "Rainforest"! She looks like she's having a great time and her outfit (with exception of the hat) is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom