Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandra looks amazing , Thank you so much Mandy :)

Princess Alexandra moved to her new house on sunday May 1, 2005

from SE OG HØR

ALEXANDRA: FLYTTEDAG

Prinsessen flyttede i søndags fra Amalienborg til sin nye villa i Hellerup. Hun måtte have hele tre barnepiger med for at holde styr på prinserne Nikolai og Felix Endelig er prinsesse Alexandras hus i Hellerup blevet sat så tilpas meget i stand, at hun i søndags kunne flytte ind sammen med sine drenge Nikolai og Felix. Dermed er det slut for Alex med at bo på Amalienborg sammen med sin tidligere svigerfamilie.

Alexandra måtte have hele tre barnepiger med for at holde styr på Nikolai og Felix, som tilsyneladende ikke var begejstrede for at flytte ind i deres nye hjem.
Nikolai var så genstridig, at han nærmest måtte bæres rundt ved flytningen, så selv om tre barnepiger burde være nok, fik de alligevel deres sag for med at styre de to små prinser. Alexandra valgte at køre til sit nye ”guldbur” i sin egen bil, en Audi A4, mens barnepigerne fik fornøjelsen med børnene.

Der er stadig en række ting, der skal ordnes i indkørslen, og håndværkernes spande og byggeredskaber ligger og flyder, men Alexandra er tilsyneladende så opsat på at komme væk fra svigerfamilien, at hun gerne tåler, at indkørslen til hendes nye hjem fortsat er en regulær byggeplads.

Læs hele historien om den royale flytning i ugens SE og HØR

Attachments

• D_7420.jpg
    D_7420.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 399
  • T_7425.jpg
    T_7425.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 249
Thanks for the picts....Alexandra looks more beautiful than before..she looks happy and relax. Love her dresses colour.
I wish somebody can post both articles above in English

She looked great especially when she was in China. She really has affection for kids. I love the first picture with her and the kids.

I was just thinking she looked most happy with the children surrounding her. Especially with the little girl, who gave her a kiss. I wish Alex had a little girl of her own, it would be so cute. Just wondering if someone can shine some light on a lingering question I have. Who paid for Alex's wedding dress?

kobe said:
I was just thinking she looked most happy with the children surrounding her. Especially with the little girl, who gave her a kiss. I wish Alex had a little girl of her own, it would be so cute. Just wondering if someone can shine some light on a lingering question I have. Who paid for Alex's wedding dress?

i would assume the danish royal family paid for that?! just like Mary's...i dun think she paid for it herself..

Prinser trøstet med Bakke-tur
Nikolai og Felix sure over at flytte fra Amalienborg

Af mads - 7:55 - 5. maj. 2005 Prinsesse Alexandra måtte i går til lommerne og trøste sine to sønner, prins Nikolai og prins Felix, med en tur rundt til samtlige forlystelser på Bakken, efter at den lille familie i søndags havde holdt flyttedag fra Amalienborgs store gemakker til de mindre stuer i villaen på Svanemøllevej i Hellerup nord for København.

from ekstra bladet

Attachments

• 0505050958532409_C1048412D8F609A1CBDC1BA8445FB6.jpg
    0505050958532409_C1048412D8F609A1CBDC1BA8445FB6.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 0505050959005377_BFCB39016D767CF6576E8E1A9B746C.jpg
    0505050959005377_BFCB39016D767CF6576E8E1A9B746C.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 0505050958532409_dbd426ed.jpg
    0505050958532409_dbd426ed.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,036
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Alexandra, with Prince Joachim and the crown princely couple attend the official opening of Denmark's first experience park, "Danfoss Universe", coinciding with Mads Clausens birthday today (May 5, 2005)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 292
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 292
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
I read from another website that her father paid for the wedding dress. Alex looks great in the green suit. I like it a lot better than Mary's, although I like Mary's hat more. Are there any more pics of Alex?
Changed my mind. I don't like either hats.

kobe said:
I read from another website that her father paid for the wedding dress. Alex looks great in the green suit. I like it a lot better than Mary's, although I like Mary's hat more. Are there any more pics of Alex?
Changed my mind. I don't like either hats.
Don't believe everything you read, unless it is from a serious source.

kobe said:
Just wondering if someone can shine some light on a lingering question I have. Who paid for Alex's wedding dress?
The Queen of course, via the appanage (government allowance).

16/05 H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer festlighederne i Odense Zoo i anledning af Odense Zoologiske Haves 75 års dag med efterfølgende frokost på Restaurant Skovbakken, kl. 11.00
16 May - HH Princess Alexandra attends the celebrations at Odense Zoo in connection to their 75th birthday, with a following breakfast at the Skovbakken Restaurant

17/05 05 H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra[/b] åbner Fondet Dansk-Norsk Samarbejdes hovedudstilling "Lanterner - Lysende Skulpturer - en leg med form og linie, lys og skygge" på Schæffergården, Gentofte, kl. 12.00
17 May - HH Princess Alexandra opens opens the Danish-Nowegian Cooperation Fund's main exhibition at Schæffergården in Gentofte

19/05 05 H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra aflægger besøg med Kræftens Bekæmpelse på Dallund, Fyn, kl. 12.00-13.25
19 May - HH Princess Alexandra pays a visit, together with The Fight Against Cancer" (I don't know how they translate the organisation name), to the Dallund rehabilitation centre

bigheadshirmp said:
here's another article from billed-bladet abt the princess's trip to shanghai

Kinas bøn mødte prinsessen - 02-05-05

China´s children greet princess

Princess Alexandra received a "storm" of greeting and many hugs from partially deaf Chinese children when she visited the National Organization for the Handicapped in Shanghai. The children would not let go when they first reached the princess and squeezed tightly and their much expressed admiration for their visitor was returned by the princess:

-I love children. I love most of all happy children said the Princess warmly and spontaneously when she was faced with the crushing herd(okay. Just crowd of happy children) of children.

In Shanghai itself, there lives 12 million people. A half million are handicapped and a fouth of them are children. At the head office for the National Handicapped Organization, there is a school for the partially-deaf kids. The princess visited several classes in the school with the small Chinese students. In connection with the Princess´ business trip to Shanghai, the Danish company GN ReSound gave the organization a gift consisting of a hearing machine worth around 350,000 Danish kroner or 60,872 US dollars. A gift of which the princess witnessed the presentation and which will be very helpful to the many partially deaf children of Shanghai.

bigheadshirmp said:
Prinser trøstet med Bakke-tur
Nikolai og Felix sure over at flytte fra Amalienborg

Princes comforted by Bakke ride

Princes are sour over move from Amalienborg.

Princess Alexandra yesterday went to hold closely and console her two sons, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix, and to take them on a trip to see the entertainment at Bakken(amusement park), after the little family had moved themselves Sunday, from the comforts of big Amalienborg to the smaller lodgings of their villa at Svanemøllevej in Hellerup, north of Copenhagen.

According to the weekly Se og Hør, the move happened amidst a little turmoil. Three nannies had to be around in order to restrain the two princes because they were certainly not too happy about moving at all. For the most part, it appeared that Nikolai was the one who was acting stubbornly and he had to be carried from the car into the house.

But yesterday, their spirits were quite different. The two princes beamed like the sun, when they and their two faithful nannies, Miriam Olesen and Lene Østergaard, bought admission bracelets and tried the many amusement rides at Bakken. Nikolai especially like the slide and was enjoying it with enthusiasm and a broad smile on his face. Prince Felix however, chose to sit down on the ground near the arm of one of the nannies.

-It was great, Prince Nikolai said quickly as he was back on his nanny's shoulders. Judging by the sticky cheeks of the two boys... something else had been fun as well. They ate ice cream as if though they were competing for gold. After a couple of rides at the car riding part of the park, which included parts of Hellerup, their new home environment, where craftsmen continued to work constantly with a lot of pressure, they were finished.

In spite of construction, Princess Alexandra choose to move to her new residence, away from her in-laws at Amalienborg, where she had been with the two boys, since the separation last September. A new chapter to her life has begun and the princes will have new playmates down the road which is also known for being the home of various ambassadors. There they shall find the district quite suitable.

14 European hornbeams at a price of 1500 kroner(260 USD) each were planted in front of the front windows next to the driveway(curved driveway), at Svanemøllevej to keep nosy onloookers at a distance. The trees were imported from Germany and cut into shape, so that they would make a dense wall effect. Also the terrace has a screen wall constructed around it. In all the house costs, 7.2 million DKR or 1.2 million USD but it is estimated that today it could be sold for 10 million DKR or 1.7 million USD.

wow they boys have nannies...i pictured Alexandra to be take 100% of the mother role...i guess she's busy with attending this and that...but i'm definitely surprised...

hillary_nugent said:
wow they boys have nannies...i pictured Alexandra to be take 100% of the mother role...i guess she's busy with attending this and that...but i'm definitely surprised...

Of course they have nannies. That really shouldn't be very surprising. Alexandra and Joachim do an extensive amount of traveling representing Denmark and humanitarian causes, Alexandra even more than Joachim. Even if they were to take the boys with them at times, they may still want them to stay at their lodging with a nanny. But, this doesn't mean that they aren't hands on parents when they are at home. They may spend a significant amount of time with their boys when they are not traveling or making public appearances. I really can't think of any royals whose children do not have nannies.

Someone has to be responsible for the children while their parents are working. For regular people it is a nursery school or sometimes a relative, for royals and those who can afford it is a nanny.

yep. I had my siblings and I had nannies whilst growing up, partly due to the fact that our mum chose to be a working mother and was never there when we came home from school or anything. But it didn't mean that she (and my father) were not hands on parents. My mother made sure that she was up in the morning to make us breakfast and pack our lunches (even though she could have relied on our housekeepers to do it), they were mostly there for dinners, helping with homework and putting us to bed.

I guess what I'm trying to say that despite the fact that some parents may opt for nannies to take care of their children when they are busy, most parents try to make the best of the their time and spend it with their kids. Especially the weekends. I'm sure that Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim are the same, after all, they are working a lot of the time (Princess Alexandra in particular) and would definately have to rely on outside help to look after their kids when they can't be there.

However, I read an article recently that Mary had claimed that when her child is born, she wants to be a 100% hand-on mum and have a nanny-free zone. However, it left me thinking of how impossible that would be considering the fact that as a public figure, she will have to be performing public duties that will only increase as she takes on more responsibilites. From my understanding being 100% hands-on mum requires having your children with you everywhere at all times of the day...or at least under the same root. She must definately be super-woman if she can think she will be able to achieve this, as even non-Royal parents rely on help such as baby-sitters when they need time away from their kids.

for the article i was talking about refer to: http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,15133922%255E5422,00.html

Princess Alexandra at the official opening of Denmark's first experience park, "Danfoss Universe", May 5th, 2005

From colourpress

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 0013.jpg
    0013.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 0015.jpg
    0015.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 311
agisele said:
However, I read an article recently that Mary had claimed that when her child is born, she wants to be a 100% hand-on mum and have a nanny-free zone. However, it left me thinking of how impossible that would be considering the fact that as a public figure, she will have to be performing public duties that will only increase as she takes on more responsibilites. From my understanding being 100% hands-on mum requires having your children with you everywhere at all times of the day...or at least under the same root. She must definately be super-woman if she can think she will be able to achieve this, as even non-Royal parents rely on help such as baby-sitters when they need time away from their kids.
for the article i was talking about refer to: http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,15133922%255E5422,00.html
She has never said she will not have nannies. The only thing she has said was that her children wont be raised by nannies. That's not same as not having nannies. The article has taken Mary's statement totally out of context. This is also totally wrong
A specially-selected palace aide will train the youngster in how to conduct himself or herself as a royal highness. Special "royal" skills such as public speaking, horse riding and even hunting are also essential.

Last edited:
Nikolai and Felix were also present at the opening of Danfoss Universe.

Attachments

• COLOUR10162365.jpg
    COLOUR10162365.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 290
Princess Alexandra inauguerated Århus newly built Social and Health School in Paderup at Randers on May 4, 2005

set 1

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 614
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 245
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
bigheadshirmp said:
Princess Alexandra inauguerated Århus newly built Social and Health School in Paderup at Randers on May 4, 2005

Thanks Bigheadshrimp:)

Here is another one..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 280
Princess Alexandra moving into her new house with Nikolai and Felix, May 1, 2005.

Attachments

• 6245388.jpg
    6245388.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 6245389.jpg
    6245389.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 356
  • 6245390.jpg
    6245390.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 6245391.jpg
    6245391.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 6245393.jpg
    6245393.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 6245394.jpg
    6245394.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 6245395.jpg
    6245395.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 6245396.jpg
    6245396.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 295

set 2

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    75.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 2.bmp
    75.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 3.bmp
    75.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 4.bmp
    171.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 5.bmp
    75.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 6.bmp
    75.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 7.bmp
    75.8 KB · Views: 121
For someone with not so broad shoulders i think Alexandra tends to wear suits with broad shoulders which I don't think look that great on her...

pdas1201 said:
Here is another one..
I like all the colours she has on the pic, from her dress; flower and hat. A beautiful spring colour:). The colour of the flowers look beautiful on her dress colour.
The ring on her left hand, is it her enggagement ring from Joachim? I'm curious about it because I saw little red on the side white stone (seems to be diamond).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom