General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Priceless pictures. But can we all promise to keep in mind it was a little moment during the entire wedding. There are pictures of him taking a little 'jet-lagged power nap' :D during the ceremony and then there are all the other pictures of him arriving proud with his arm around his wife. Jet-lagged or not, of course he wanted to be at his friend's wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know how long does the flight from US to ireland?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

California is 8 hours behind what explains the jet lag. Not sure if Frederik was on a scheduled flight or could make use of a private jet. I don't know if there are any scheduled flights that go directly between cities but if not, he'd certainly travel around 15 hours.

I think it is very understandable (and cute!). I would rather have my sleepy friend come to my wedding, than not show up at all. And I agree, Princess Mary did a nice discreet job helping her husband out.:wub:

I had know idea that Mary and Fred were attending this wedding - is the groom a friend of theirs? Greyabbey is a short distance from where i live

The photos of Frederik drifting off during the service made me laugh out loud, and how Mary looks like she's telling him to wake up is hilarious. :lol: I think that's the first time I've seen a royal fall asleep in public (granted it was a private wedding but we still got photos).

I had know idea that Mary and Fred were attending this wedding - is the groom a friend of theirs? Greyabbey is a short distance from where i live

I think I remember reading on another thread that Frederik is close friends with the groom, so that must be where the connection comes from. Since Nikolaos is a cousin of Frederik (via Queen Anne-Marie, Margrethe II's sister) I wonder if he knows either one of the couple through him (Frederik). :flowers:

The photos of Frederik drifting off during the service made me laugh out loud, and how Mary looks like she's telling him to wake up is hilarious. :lol: I think that's the first time I've seen a royal fall asleep in public (granted it was a private wedding but we still got photos).

It runs in the family. Margrethe usually falls asleep at the opening of the parliament (possibly Henrik too). I remember one event when Fred & Joachim were even making fun of her sleeping during the event.
https://theroyalchronicle.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/openingofparliament1.png

Priceless!
Fred falling asleep
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014...ge_galleryImage_The_Wedding_of_actress_Fl.JPG
Mary touching Fred to keep him awake
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014...ge_galleryImage_The_Wedding_of_actress_Fl.JPG
fighting to keep his eyes open
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/31/1409454859876_wps_5_The_Wedding_of_actress_Fl.jpg

Fred looks really awful. He should have stayed in bed and trusted Nick of Greece to act as walker for Mary.

I don't think he looks awful - he looks tired. Nothing worse - I've been there. :p What you want more than anything is a nice lie-down. The pavement would do. :D

This is when I do one of my 'power-naps'. But you're in a fix when you're in a situation like Frederick finds himself. :flowers:

Last edited:
jet lag or not, Frederik will not be the only one who catches a few seconds of sleep at a wedding. I did it yesterday, the ceremony was just a tad to long lol.
Cant imagine a flight from California (all the way in the west coast) to Ireland (*although its in my planned trips to do)

I might be the only one that loves that vest, its makes him standout from the usual boring men attire.

Love the pictures of them walking, hand in hand, with smiles/
and his hand on her shoulders
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/31/1409455959787_wps_9_The_Wedding_of_actress_Fl.jpg

plus that Frederik smile is beautiful
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/31/1409456136826_wps_12_The_Wedding_of_actress_Fl.jpg

Sidney Morning Herald hits a new low.

Apparantly, Mary isn't scandalous enough!

I'm lost for words (not really).

"At the moment, Mary is the least scandal-ridden royal on the surface of the planet. Actually shes so untouched and scandal-free, that she runs the risk of being forgotten. Her blood is more beige than blue"

BT goes on to say:

"In the column Andrew Hornet makes his dissatisfaction known by saying that he recieves the same pictures of the Danish crown princess at different official engagements. "Every day is pretty much the same. Mary opens an art exhibit, Mary arrives at a charity event, Mary kneels to recieve flowers from at cute kid, Mary walks the red carpet at a galla show, Mary presents the royal heirs to the adoring danes. The news value is pretty low" writes Andrew Hornery."

What the hell? Mary is our crown princess - our queen-to-be! She's not there "to make news". Shes especially not there to make scandal. Who do this guy think he is?
I would think he never attended a single day in school, that's how uneducated he makes himself sound.

EDIT: Found the original article.

Last edited:
:previous: the article is laughable at best

"Veteran Danish royal reporter Trine Villemann even wrote a book which provided a harsh critique of Mary's performance.:whistling:
Titled 1015 Copenhagen K, she went on Nine's A Current Affair in 2012 to flog the English version, telling Tracy Grimshaw: "Being a crown princess means you have to make a king out of your husband and that will be Mary's primary function … if she cannot pick up the shattered pieces of her husband and make him a king, her son will never be king of Denmark."
"What has happened is that Mary is working so hard to become the perfect princess that she can't touch people, she doesn't communicate with us Danes ... Mary dares not or will not leave her comfort zone.:bang:
"Today's monarchy is not just about showing up and looking good, today's monarchy is about earning the respect of the people you represent.":ROFLMAO:"

basing by the polls and news articles, Mary i would say is one of the most respected members of the DRF. She does her job well but is no way a robot.
I think she does make a connection with people, both young and old
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd....186_717229161658342_5857274904144132052_o.jpg
http://sermitsiaq.ag/sites/default/...a/kronprinsp_narsaq_0d44770.jpg?itok=P9yQK1to

and "shattered pieces of her husband":lol::lol:
I say Frederik has become a stronger representative with Mary by his side. and we all know how well he connects with people and is down to earth .

:flowers:

but of course people love a good scandal
so if you do your job badly you get criticized and if you do it too well you get criticized as well? lol

Last edited:
And in all polls/surveys since the wedding Mary is our most popular and respected member of the royal family, so obviously "making scandals" are not the way to success :whistling: :p

My thoughts: Oh my god, now it's also wrong to don't do the things wrong. What kind of a world are we living in and our children are growing up in. "Don't go out and do your best, my child... You better go out and take part in reality shows, make scandals and don't take your life seriously and you will to be something big."

Last edited:
Soo human, finding someone else's faults and mistakes when they hqve none or least, shame on him

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Mary can't do anything right, it seems. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. And Trine Villemann is like taken out of a RD thread. Seemingly jealous of the royal family and filled with lies and rumours.

It runs in the family. Margrethe usually falls asleep at the opening of the parliament (possibly Henrik too). I remember one event when Fred & Joachim were even making fun of her sleeping during the event.
https://theroyalchronicle.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/openingofparliament1.png

That's such a great picture :ROFLMAO: Who can blame her, really? She doesn't even have to make a speech at the opening and she can't have a public opinion on what's actually going on in there. Thank god they don't have to stay there all through the opening debate – now that would be a snooze fest :D

"Veteran Danish royal reporter Trine Villemann even wrote a book which provided a harsh critique of Mary's performance.:whistling:
Titled 1015 Copenhagen K, she went on Nine's A Current Affair in 2012 to flog the English version, telling Tracy Grimshaw: "Being a crown princess means you have to make a king out of your husband and that will be Mary's primary function … if she cannot pick up the shattered pieces of her husband and make him a king, her son will never be king of Denmark."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I do not agree. It's Mary's job, as it is the job of all married people, to be a loving and faithful spouse, and from that comes other things such as support, encouragement, etc. In my opinion, Frederik will be a good king, because he has a solid support system headed up by Mary and their children, his parents and brother. It's all part of the package. Ms. Villeman makes Fred sound like a basket case!

Sidney Morning Herald hits a new low.

Apparantly, Mary isn't scandalous enough!

I'm lost for words (not really).

"At the moment, Mary is the least scandal-ridden royal on the surface of the planet. Actually shes so untouched and scandal-free, that she runs the risk of being forgotten. Her blood is more beige than blue"

BT goes on to say:

"In the column Andrew Hornet makes his dissatisfaction known by saying that he recieves the same pictures of the Danish crown princess at different official engagements. "Every day is pretty much the same. Mary opens an art exhibit, Mary arrives at a charity event, Mary kneels to recieve flowers from at cute kid, Mary walks the red carpet at a galla show, Mary presents the royal heirs to the adoring danes. The news value is pretty low" writes Andrew Hornery."

What the hell? Mary is our crown princess - our queen-to-be! She's not there "to make news". Shes especially not there to make scandal. Who do this guy think he is?
I would think he never attended a single day in school, that's how uneducated he makes himself sound.

EDIT: Found the original article.

He forgot about the Rigmor Zobel cocaine scandal, even the court commented on it at the time
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Trine Villemann doesn't have better things to do than follow the Royal family? her books are ridiculous.

Frederik and Mary are doing a fantastic job.

Trine Villemann deserves nothing but contempt from people on these forums. She has from the very beginning shown her true colours ; - that is to discredit the royal family every chance she gets. I am very surprised she isn't working for Rupert the Royal Hater. People are not that stupid to believe the vile that comes from her. Everyone is flawed in some small way and we all have the capacitity to understand that. All the royal families try their best and do a pretty good job I believe. For me the Danish Royals are the most interesting and I have the utmost respect for HM the Queen. I think she is terrific as a person and as Queen. If I want to read about scandalous people - just look for celebrities.

I think Mary has shown that you don't have to be scandalous for people to show an interest in you and what you are doing. People are quite happy to see Mary doing good works and doing her job properly without sales figues of newspapers and magazines dropping.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Those moaning media people are particularly slimey but you have to hand it to them for being able to create something out of nothing at all. Kind of announcing the news by saying "This is the news: Today, there is no news"! :D

:previous:

On 30 August, Frederik and Mary attended the wedding of Søren Jessen and Flora Montgomery in Northern Ireland – along with actor Orlando Bloom. Mary wore a lovely pale pink dress and one of my favourite coats of hers and Frederik... well, Frederik wore that vest:

Nice picture Sarah Bellar.

More pictures from the wedding:

Frederik taking his wife's hand, I guess there was one who had missed his wife after his official visit to the United States :wub:
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...=677492b25c29cb601d226e09a8d2bd4c&oe=54803E6D
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...114_726577404080693_1958412146386166157_n.jpg

Gallery and article from Royalista:
Mary og Frederik til VIP-bryllup med Orlando Bloom | Royalista

Last edited:
So if I understand it correctly, the main problem is that there is no scandal? ... Right :confused:.

-
On a different note, it seems that Ms. Villemann also states that Mary failed to make a strong man out of her husband, as that is supposedly her job. Now this may or may not be true, but I always find such statements rather degrading for the men.

If we have to believe the gutter press, all these royal men are/were weak willed & devoid of any accomplishments -WA, Philippe, George VI and now Frederik. The only way they can become a 'man' is by marrying somebody who forces them to become one. Quite an odd logic, it is surely first and formost their own responsibility. But I suppose the topos of a strong woman who can change a weak-willed husband is a rather popular one, f.e. most Agatha Christie novels have such a sub-storyline in them. It may be a nice romantic story for female magazines but somehow I feel that real life is rather different, fortunately. A pity that Ms. Villeman still agrees with such out-dated and sexist ideas.

Last edited:

No no, there isn't no 'main problem' as this hasn't been news in DK (besides the one article on BT's website) Nothing special. Probably because people can think for themselves. Thankfully ;)

ADDED:
I would like to add something I think is quite relevant when I read your post: Remember that the statements of Trine Willeman are eight years old! They are from her book back from 2008. So almost a decade old. So I don't think we can use them, especially not now in 2014!

Since 2008, every poll Frederik and Mary has switched to be number 1 and 2 in the popularity measurements. The latest Gallup survey back from the beginning of this summer showed Mary and Frederik were the two members of our royal family the Danes think represented Denmark the best (The Queen just behind them) Back in the spring (at Frederik's birthday) another poll showed that 8/10 want Frederik as King now or within the next ten years.

This Gallup survey from last year shows that 77% of Danes think Frederiks is ready to become our King today: http://www.b.dk/nationalt/danskerne-vil-have-frederik-paa-tronen-0

So why on earth the Australian guy chose to use those old statements by the famous TW? Well, maybe because it was the only thing he could find?

And while Mary certainly has had a big influence on Frederik, love does wonders and I think she gives him a lot of security (said by himself she is his biggest supporter) Frederik himself certainly has a huge role in his own development.

Last edited:
Frederik and Mary have been a model couple for ten years, hardly ever putting a foot wrong. Physical fitness, charity, quality parenting, promoting Denmark in ways in which no one else could, preparing themselves to take on the monarchy when the time arrives: Villeman should resign.

No no, there isn't no 'main problem' as this hasn't been news in DK (besides the one article on BT's website) Nothing special. Probably because people can think for themselves. Thankfully ;)

ADDED:
I would like to add something I think is quite relevant when I read your post: Remember that the statements of Trine Willeman are eight years old! They are from her book back from 2008. So almost a decade old. So I don't think we can use them, especially not now in 2014!

Since 2008, every poll Frederik and Mary has switched to be number 1 and 2 in the popularity measurements. The latest Gallup survey back from the beginning of this summer showed Mary and Frederik were the two members of our royal family the Danes think represented Denmark the best (The Queen just behind them) Back in the spring (at Frederik's birthday) another poll showed that 8/10 want Frederik as King now or within the next ten years.

This Gallup survey from last year shows that 77% of Danes think Frederiks is ready to become our King today: http://www.b.dk/nationalt/danskerne-vil-have-frederik-paa-tronen-0

So why on earth the Australian guy chose to use those old statements by the famous TW? Well, maybe because it was the only thing he could find?

And while Mary certainly has had a big influence on Frederik, love does wonders and I think she gives him a lot of security (said by himself she is his biggest supporter) Frederik himself certainly has a huge role in his own development.

I couldnt agree more, especially with your last sentence, Frederik should be given credit for his own development as well. Mary has been a huge support for him, but change and growth start from within. Frederik has done well to overcome any stuggles and I love his honesty in admitting it.

its nice to see that the majority of the Danes are ready to see Frederik be king. No doubt a majority are entirely happy with the Queen but its shows confidence in Frederik:flowers:

I have always thought that Frederik is definately his own man. Strong enough in mind and spirit to accept his role and put his own personal stamp on the way in which he does things. Frederik Is The One who supported Mary in the early days helping her take on the role of Crown Princess and Wife. What a Great job he did supporting her with all the insecurities she must have suffered giving up her country and religion and learning a difficult language.

He is the one in the Supporting Role. And it can't have been easy for either of them at times. I imagine they had many differences of opinion and misunderstandings. But they have triumphed over any little diversities to become a happy loving couple. I don't think Fred gets enough credit for his support of his wife. He helped Her a great deal, which shows him to be a man of strong constitution and beliefs.

I have always thought that Frederik is definately his own man. Strong enough in mind and spirit to accept his role and put his own personal stamp on the way in which he does things. Frederik Is The One who supported Mary in the early days helping her take on the role of Crown Princess and Wife. What a Great job he did supporting her with all the insecurities she must have suffered giving up her country and religion and learning a difficult language.

He is the one in the Supporting Role. And it can't have been easy for either of them at times. I imagine they had many differences of opinion and misunderstandings. But they have triumphed over any little diversities to become a happy loving couple. I don't think Fred gets enough credit for his support of his wife. He helped Her a great deal, which shows him to be a man of strong constitution and beliefs.

I agree :flowers:
I think Mary has stated this, especially with the Mary Foundation how Frederik helped and supported her.

Great team, these two

I have always thought that Frederik is definitely his own man. Strong enough in mind and spirit [....]

.....to wear purple pants! :p Frederik is definitely 'his own man' when it comes to his sartorial choices.

Mary has not tamed him 'quite'. ;)

:previous: Nor fabulous red brocade waistcoats with his Morning Suit. You've got to love a man that adds a little colour to events. (William, Harry, listen up).

I see these marvelous fashion statements, red and mustard coloured trousers, brocade vests, etc. as both proof of love and sartorial elegance. Frederik and Mary truely are a dynamic duo and I wouldn't have them change a thing.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rmXhWGHmu...ge_galleryImage_The_Wedding_of_actress_Fl.JPG

Just thinking, this was a private wedding, would Frederik wear something like this to an official engagement when the dress code was Morning Dress?

Photo of CP Mary on the bike with the twins (it was posted last Tuesday)
dutcigar @dutcigar | Websta (Webstagram)

Thanks Fairy Tale :)
I guess Mary has picked up Vincent and Josephine from the kindergarten and is on the way home.

The place? Mary and the twins are at 'Kongens Nytorv', so they just have to follow the street to the right side called 'Bredgade' and they will be home in 5 minutes, even on bike.
https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Amal...248075ccf0be0!2m2!1d12.585957!2d55.680522!3e2

could not resist to take a photo when i today stopped for red light the exactly same place as mary and the twins;-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom