General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 6: July - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, whether we like them or not, it is the Crown Prince and Crown Princess who liked the art works and gave the consent to have them in their palace. They are the ones who will live and work in the palace for the rest of their lives...not us. In addition to that, weren't the art works painted on canvas and not on the palace walls? So the art works can be removed and are not permanent fixtures of the palace. Years down the road if the CP Couple desires, they can donate the art works to a museum.

In a nut shell, that pretty much sums it up.

All of the art can be removed and behind them will be revealed walls like every other.

Inevitably, the works of art won't always remain where they are, and I quite like the idea of them then being lent to a museum or a few museums throughout Denmark, whilst remaining part of the royal collection.

Musn't get ahead of myself though. They haven't even moved in yet!

well if the are not having a moving from the othr house and they have to get new furniture they will have as well to get everything else I mean from ta cups , plates and glasses to towels bed sheets, etc..... wow quite a lot but i am sure will not be a problem for them, sure danish royal porcelein will be glad to give them as a present many items!!!!

They have received so many items for their wedding I think they will now get to use a lot more of them than before :lol:

At the end of the day, whether we like them or not, it is the Crown Prince and Crown Princess who liked the art works and gave the consent to have them in their palace. They are the ones who will live and work in the palace for the rest of their lives...not us.

i have nothing against the new state of the palace, but i have to disagree with your phase. although it's them who will work and live there "the rest of their lives" the palace is patrimony of the nation. it seems odd to me that this wasn't consulted beforehand. i would have personally prefer it to be restored to its previous state so that it is preserved for future generations.

Then we will have to agree to disagree and that's no problem.:flowers:You have your view and I have mine and we are both entitled to those views.:)

The palace has been restored to its previous state, as a matter of fact, it has been restored to the state it was even before Queen Ingrid lived in the palace, to the period of 1828 to be exact. And again, the modern art works were not painted directly on the palace walls. The palace walls were restored to their original state and the new artwork was painted on canvas which can be removed in the future if the CP Couple wishes.

The palace maybe the patrimony of the nation, but the palace was also placed at the disposal of the Crown Prince Couple by the state to use as their private home and official residence. After the palace is officially handed over to the Crown Prince Couple next Tuesday (September 21), the CP Couple will be responsible for the maintenance of the interior of the palace which they will have to pay for from their appanage. The state will only be responsible for maintenance of the exterior of the palace. In the documentary which chronicled the renovation of the palace, the crown prince couple made it very clear that the palace is not a museum, but it will be their home for the rest of their lives.

All of the official rooms of the CP Couple's new palace do not have the modern art. Only 10 artists did artworks for the official part of the palace and some of the artworks are only on 1 wall of a room. Rooms such as the Grand Hall, Banqueting Room and the Music Room have been restored to their original and traditional magnificence. IMO, there is a nice balance between the old traditional grandeur of rooms such as the Grand Hall and Banqueting Room and the modern art chosen by the CP Frederik and CP Mary which reflect the tastes of a modern CP couple.

The official transfer of Frederik VIII's palace to the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark takes place on Tuesday, September 21 at 2:00 PM.

September 17 Press release from the Crown Prince Couple's official website (In Danish) http://www.crownprincecouple.dk/8152774/Year/2010

Press Release of the Program from the Palace and Properties Agency website (In Danish) http://www.ses.dk/da/Servicemenu/Presse/nyheder/2010/Staten%20overdrager%20F8%20til%20Kronprinsparret.aspx

(Google English Translation) http://translate.google.com/transla...Kronprinsparret.aspx&sl=da&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

i have nothing against the new state of the palace, but i have to disagree with your phase. although it's them who will work and live there "the rest of their lives" the palace is patrimony of the nation. it seems odd to me that this wasn't consulted beforehand. i would have personally prefer it to be restored to its previous state so that it is preserved for future generations.

I'm not quite sure I understand who you mean should have been consulted?
The funds for the renovation was given and approved by the parliamentary finance committee in 2004; the project has been under the supervision of the Ministry of Finance Palaces and Properties Agency in cooperation with appointed arcitectural firms and other partners and the next inhabitants, the CP couple.
The Palaces and Properties Agency = "The Palace and Properties Agency is a national property enterprise under the auspices of the Danish Ministry of Finance. We manage the state's castles and gardens for use by the royal family, government institutions and museums – and for the pleasure of the general public" (from their website About us - Palaces and Properties Agency).

And as TerriTerri correctly stated - it has been restored to it's previous state - as you can read here The Palace Then and Now - Palaces and Properties Agency

Strange how the idea that the restoration of the palace has taken it away from it's original layout has a life of it's own in these royal threads. It is quite the opposite.

Thank you, Marika :flowers:

The ceremony is going on as this is posted.

TV2 News showed life from outside the palais.

M&F and their children walked the short distance from the palais where they until now had a little flat. Mary was wearing an off-white coat. After being presented with flowers they posed in front of the palais and went inside.
Bella was also presented with a buqouet and seemed little confused about that. It's the first time I've see Bella being presented with flowers.

The networks are not allowed to air live from the official hand over inside. The Minister of Treasury will give a speech and it's expected that the CP couple will also say something.

At 14.25 sharp the flag of the CP-couple was raised above the palais and it is now officially Mary and Frederik's home.

The ceremony is expected to end around 15.00 and after that we will have pictures and videos from inside the palais.

ADDED: And these pics focus on Isabella and her bouguet: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/9/Isabella%20blomster%201.aspx

Only thing that disturbes me are clothes that Isabella have to wear. Yes, maybe these are really royal or high class but then should Christian wear those too. But when Christian wears normal clothes then Isabella looks like little catholic girl or some little old people...

And yes, at the moment I'm very disappointed about last event clothes...

But fortunately Isabella is too young for Real fashion criticism - she has to wait long time for that:)

I'm really glad that they Finally can move into Amalienborg - those past renovation years seemed to be so far away for now:).

And kids have definetly so much rooms and corners to discover and run - especially when there will have 4 of them together.

But Mary & Frederick still have to do lot work - furniture and so on - but it's logical in every new home:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The kids always crack me up! They often look like they are just a little naughty! I love it! It seems very natural!

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures & videos. How exciting for this beautiful family! And this might also be one of the first real memories for young Isabella, who looked adorable in her bright sweater with hair neatly pulled back, a real young princess today with flowers no less! I'm so glad they made a public occasion of the transfer of their new home and wish them nothing but happiness there. :flowers:

Maybe I just missed the answer to this but why did they move from the Chancellor's House in the suburbs into the main palace in the city? I would think it would be nicer to stay in the suburbs.

Maybe I just missed the answer to this but why did they move from the Chancellor's House in the suburbs into the main palace in the city? I would think it would be nicer to stay in the suburbs.

The plans are they will live in Kancellihuset at Fredensborg during the summer months and live at Amalienborg in the winter months. - Basically just like the Regent Couple.

This new palace will be the official residence, once Frederik become a king, so it's also a part of the transition.
I guess Christian will eventually inherit the palace used as residence for QMII. And when he become king....

Personally I believe F&M would much rather stay permanently in Kancellihuset. I sure would! But as they take over more and more, they will also need more room for staff and attend more and more work meetings, receptions and so on. So it's simply more practical to move to Amalienborg.
- And QMII could die next week, so it's better to be prepared.

ADDED:
A clip from Jyllands Posten http://jp.dk/jptv/nyheder/indland/article2191011.ece
With a somewhat disinterested Christian.

I guess the photographers praised the gods for Christian and Bella. - So much more interesting shots.

I'm glad they behave like normal lively children. It's nice to watch and I would be genuinely concerned if the children at that age were serious and stiff.

I guess the photographers praised the gods for Christian and Bella. - So much more interesting shots.

I'm glad they behave like normal lively children. It's nice to watch and I would be genuinely concerned if the children at that age were serious and stiff.

I agree! These are two seriously cute kids. Isabella looks adorable today with her bright sweater and hair pulled back.

What an exciting day for this family!

Would this be the right thread to ask what car the family drives? I love that I see them all piling into a family car, with CP Frederick behind the wheel.

Adorable! Christian and Isabella are just so sweet!

Would this be the right thread to ask what car the family drives? I love that I see them all piling into a family car, with CP Frederick behind the wheel.

I think one of the cars they drive, is an Audi Q7.

The look of love!:wub:

I really like Isabella's sweater. He he she was really busy with her mini bouquet, even Christian and Daddy had to smell it. What a beautiful family! And CP Mary is always so elegant and classy whatever she does.

If I am not mistaken they were given the keys, but anyone knows when they actually move to the Palace?

It looks like the children got bored at some point but they looked lovely and very chic in their outfits.
Do we know what took place? How long the event was?

The event lasted roughly an hour. (A bit long for so small children). The Minister of the Treasury gave a speech and handed over the keys to the palais to M&F.
Frederik gave a speech in return. - While the children provided entertainment. :p
There was some music. Apparantly it was a bit loud which explains why Christian and Bella protected their ears. :lol:
Refreshments were served including fizzy water which was gulped down by the children.

It was of course a bit boring for small children and at some point Christian and Isabella were rolling on the fllor and that may be the reason why Mary's LiW intervened and took them out for a few minuttes.

Princess Isabella recieved her first official bouguet of flowers when she and her parents were recieved outside the palais. She does look at bit curious and puzzled at the flowers.
Christian went ahead, as he has done before, and shook hands with everyone within reach.

christian is so cute...he's getting more cuter everyday..and isabella seems very playful and would do what her big brother is doing...

About how long is the drive from the Kancellihuset to the Amalienborg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom