Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lonely mary?

mary looked lonely...playing only with her dog. no one around, friends or family. does she have any real close friends since she moved to denmark? it seems she only has her husband to socialize with.

ulik said:
mary looked lonely...playing only with her dog. no one around, friends or family. does she have any real close friends since she moved to denmark? it seems she only has her husband to socialize with.

She has made several friends, on her own and in Frederik's circle. She went out on town with some female friends at least once, and to fashion shows. It's not something you bring along to public engagements, though. It's a matter of keeping personal life personal.

Monday 6.june HRH The Crown Princess paid a private visit to Danish Industry in Industriens Hus, Copenhagen.
Mary got a differentiated introduction to the work of DI with special focus on the work with globalisation and euro-political work, of most importance to DI.

This sounds alot like the work Maxima did last in her study of the Dutch society.

Has Mary made any royal friends? Does she have any friends from other royal houses? Or is it too soon to have established a relationship with any other royals?

norwegianne said:
She has made several friends, on her own and in Frederik's circle. She went out on town with some female friends at least once, and to fashion shows. It's not something you bring along to public engagements, though. It's a matter of keeping personal life personal.

it's good to know that she has real close friends. it's good for her. i just sad to see her played with her dog all by herself. no one around. or is it also one of those puclic engagement where she can't bring along her friends?

Mary's father and stepmother will be moving to Copenhagen after New Year's, according to B.T. and Jyllandsposten. John Donaldson will be teaching mathemathics at University of Copenhagen during the first half of respectively 2006, 2007 and 2008.

They will be loaned an apartment in the inner city by Nationalbanken, who has apartments to let out to foreign artists and scientists.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=367214/

Australian said:
Has Mary made any royal friends? Does she have any friends from other royal houses? Or is it too soon to have established a relationship with any other royals?

I don't know. Certainly she met a lot of the royals during the festivities around her own wedding, but there haven't been all that many opportunities to meet all of them since. (At least since they didn't attend Felipe and Letizia's wedding.) For example for Mette-Marit, there were a lot of royal events in the engagement period where she could get to know the others, but also there has been a lot of royal weddings and such where she could get to know the others. I expect it will be so for Mary as well.

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden stayed with Mary and Frederik at Fredensborg when she was in Denmark, and Mary met all of the relatives at Sofiero, and the Greek and German relatives at Gråsten. But I really don't know.

One step at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/06/08/princessmary/

MARY'S SPRINGTIME CHIC AT ROYAL GATHERING

8 JUNE 2005

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary handled the damp weather with aplomb at a royal gathering at Sweden's Sofiero palace last week.

Expecting her first child with husband Prince Frederik in October, Princess Mary disguised any signs of a burgeoning bump with a fashionable wool coat and scarf. Cream was the colour of the day, as fellow invitees Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine of Sweden also wore trench coats in the trendy tone.

The young royals joined dozens other illustrious guests – including Queen Margrethe of Denmark as well as King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden – for an unusual family gathering. All the invitees were descendants of the Bernadotte dynasty reunited to celebrate the 100 years since Gustavo VI Adolf and his wife Margareta received Sofiero as a wedding gift.

1. Australian-born Princess Mary, who is expecting her first child later in the year, didn't allow the inclement weather to dampen her spirits as she shared a joke with her husband and Queen Margrethe

Attachments

• danishroyals-dop1a.jpg
    danishroyals-dop1a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 498
Many danish medias are worried about the baby because Mary is so skinny. I talked to someone who met her last week, and she could not see any sign that she was 4 month pregnant

I wouldn't be worried not all women gain a ton of weight or even go up a few sizes when they are pregnant. It depends on their body type. I have know people who are very skinny but only grew in the tummy area. They delivered fine healthy babies. She is only four months so I am not expecting her to show greatly. I sincerely doubt that she is too skinny. She takes good care of herself with diet and exercise and seems to be interested in having a happy healthy baby.

norwegianne said:
Mary's father and stepmother will be moving to Copenhagen after New Year's, according to B.T. and Jyllandsposten. John Donaldson will be teaching mathemathics at University of Copenhagen during the first half of respectively 2006, 2007 and 2008.

They will be loaned an apartment in the inner city by Nationalbanken, who has apartments to let out to foreign artists and scientists.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=367214/

that wonderful news!

but can visit his daughter the Crown Princess Mary more distance because he is professors

Sara Boyce

I think CP Mary has friends both royals and non-royals especially in Denmark. It is not really that easy to just confirm because the only one who is always photographed is her. And usually we only see her photographed on official functions.

And one of my basis that she really has friends is that she was able to work in a company in Denmark before she was even engaged to CP Frederik and I think she and Princess Alex are close friends.

Boy or girl, Mary's child is to inherit the throne (6/Jun/2005) from the copenhagen post.

Mary to change Dane law to allow female heir Sunday, 12 June 2005
mary%20bump.jpg
PRINCESS Mary looks set to strike a significant blow for female equality.

If the Danish princess's first child is a girl she will be the Queen of Denmark under proposed changes to Danish law announced this week.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen revealed he wants the rules of succession changed to allow a daughter of Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik to become queen, even if she has a younger brother.

Laws now would see an older female forced aside for a younger male heir.

In a speech to mark Denmark's constitution, Mr Rasmussen said gender equality should be assured in the royal line.

"I want there to be full equality between women and men, also regarding the succession to the Danish throne," he said.

"I'm convinced that the vast majority of the population as well as the Parliament agrees with me.

"In my opinion, we should change the laws of accession so that it is always the first-born child, regardless of gender, who reigns Denmark."

Princess Mary is almost four months pregnant, with the news announced by the couple at the end of April.

Speculation is rife as to the gender of the future monarch. The princess is due to give birth in October.

Any child of Princess Mary who ascends the throne will be the first European monarch with Australian blood.

By KATE ROSE 12jun05
Herald Sun AU

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think I speak for most of us when I say IT'S ABOUT TIME! :) I think the current monarch MORE than shows how a female monarch can be just as popular and good as any male.

I just hope the Danish parliament doesn't do what they do in many countries. They bundle a whole bunch of laws together. That way something good (the change in succession laws) gets rejected because other, less popular laws, get attached to the same bill along the way.

I read in french newspaper that mary is about 1.82m, is it true?

I think that´s too tall. I would guess around 1.72 m to 1.75 m:)

SpiffyBallerina said:
Well, I think I speak for most of us when I say IT'S ABOUT TIME! :) I think the current monarch MORE than shows how a female monarch can be just as popular and good as any male.

I agree! I think it would be a great change and that if they pass the law, it should be before the baby is born. After reading this, I assume that the current king is Frederik's father and that his mother became queen by marrying him?

No, the queen is THE queen, while Frederiks father is prince consort. The law in Denmark right now is that women can inherit the throne, but boys go before girls. For instance, Frederik and Mary has 4 girls and one boy as the youngest. Then the boy becomes king. Margrethe only has sisters, therefore she, as the eldest of 3 girls and no brothers, became queen. The current law was passed in 1953, when it was clear that MArgrethes parents wasn't going to get more children.

There wont be time to change the law before Mary gives birth. You have to change the constitution, which can take up to 5 years.

Louise said:
There wont be time to change the law before Mary gives birth. You have to change the constitution, which can take up to 5 years.

But haven't there been talk of a referendum in this case? I've read in BT.dk (I know - not the most reliable newspaper!) that a referendum to change the constitution might be arranged to change it quite soon (that is before Mary gives birth), but that according to polls done in Denmark the "sofa voters" could "ruin" the change. Because one need 40 % votes pro the change to pass it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong!!

Yes, there has been talk of a referendum, but the law that says who inherits the throne (tronfølgeloven, I don't know the exact english word) is part of the constitution, and to change the constitution the amendment has to be passed by two sessions of parliament, so there has to be elections in between. Since the last election was this spring, the next one is a long way away (has to be in the next 4 years), therefor the change is a long way away. Also at least 40 % of the entire population has to vote, and then the majority has to vote yes.

The current parliament can agree that they want to change the law, but it wont become a law for at least the next 4 years.

can anyone tell me if these are the wedding rings of the princes?

Attachments

• p_hertz.jpg
    p_hertz.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 380
meghee2002 said:
Monday 6.june HRH The Crown Princess paid a private visit to Danish Industry in Industriens Hus, Copenhagen.
Mary got a differentiated introduction to the work of DI with special focus on the work with globalisation and euro-political work, of most importance to DI.

Pics from that event
Steen Brogaard (Thanks to Onlylucky from CPMEMB for the heads up)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,706
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 732
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 386
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 314
rchainho said:
can anyone tell me if these are the wedding rings of the princes?

I don't think it is. As far as I recall Marys ring is an eternityband (like Letizias engagement ring) and I think Frederiks is just plain gold. There has been pictures of Marys ring, she wears it on the same finger af her engagement ring.

Thanks for posting pictures, pdas1201 and Alisa

Wow, here Mary looks super-pregnant:
http://i2.tv2.dk/images/s/cc432accf9b19d5b0688256b496a7376/477038.jpeg (probably just the angle)

She recycled the entire outfit that she wore just 4 days ago at a christening. She never recycles outfits in such a short period of time.

She was probably happy, that she has found something, which can be still closed via a zipper or buttons...and not just via a safety pin ;)
Generally I note, that Mary dresses more decent and in lighter colours (pastel, beige...), since we know about her pregnancy. Well, IMO she´s glowing so much, that glowing and bright colours aren´t needed :) ;) Pregnancy suits her well.

Pics from BT

#6: I can see a tiny bump in that one

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 482
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 603
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,545
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 258
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 586
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 413
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Love the skirt! so-so top, it coordinates is all I can say about it.

But I wish the outfit wasn't beige! How about a little color?

While I understand the excitement about spotting Mary's bump (actually I'm looking forward to what maternity clothes she will wear), I have to admit it's a little depressing too - even pregnant Mary's skinnier than I am!

Someone did a poll on the Princess Victoria page, love vs throne. How about a poll on throne vs ice cream and all the other yummy foods these women apparently give up to look good in the public's eye all the time! throne, ice cream, throne, ice cream... tough call.

ap3 said:
While I understand the excitement about spotting Mary's bump (actually I'm looking forward to what maternity clothes she will wear), I have to admit it's a little depressing too - even pregnant Mary's skinnier than I am!
I know the feeling. ;)

Anyways, a midwife or a doctor or something like that was inteviewed by B.T. in regards to the lack of Mary's bump. She said that it was completely natural for first time mothers who trained as much as Mary did, with horses, yoga, etc... to not actually show much at all during the pregnancy. Ballet-dancers could go almost to term without looking very pregnant at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom